What were hollow knight threads like? I just started and I remember them all over, but I avoided them to avoid spoilers

what were hollow knight threads like? I just started and I remember them all over, but I avoided them to avoid spoilers.

lots of people complaining about the first hornet fight I bet

Attached: hollow.jpg (282x261, 27K)

There was a dedicated shitposter who would just constantly say that it was bad and then praise La Mulana and some shitty indie game called Marrow. There were also a lot of arguments about lore.

What were Dark Souls threads like?

Git gud fgt

FFFUCK THEM

Attached: C446580D-0555-4F7D-A38A-907FBDB92D54.png (143x182, 33K)

wtf I'm lost, shit game

>get a map, marker, and ability to draw new rooms in your map within the first 20 minutes of the game
Were people really this dumb?

In it for the Pale King memes

Attached: Balancing_Budget .png (608x666, 95K)

bugfuposting and zoteposting
people arguing about how hard godmaster should be as a pleb filter

For some reason the Hornet fight was a casual filter which I can barely wrap my head around.

They really are a treasure

Attached: pale king and dung defender sawblades.jpg (809x614, 57K)

People struggled that much with the first Hornet fight? How?

I don't get this hornet is hard meme I beat her both times first try. Died more times to the false Knight

I think they screwed up with the 5th Pantheon, they should have had checkpoints. The last handful of bosses are so hard that every other boss before it just becomes tedious to go through every time you want another shot at them.

a lot of casual players purchased the game because of the cute characters, plus everything before her is straight up brain-dead in terms of difficulty.

OP here, I actually got fairly frustrated at hornet, beat her just before this thread. DESU I'm casual as fuck though, I'm the guy that made the thread earlier about my last game being DEHR. Hornet took me like 10 tries.

The memes were solid

Attached: how I learned to reject god.png (500x390, 104K)

>everything before her is straight up brain-dead in terms of difficulty.
Don't tell my sister that, it took her 10 tries to beat the False Knight and she kept complaining about getting lost in the Forgotten Crossroads and Greenpath.

Have fun with some of the later bosses, bruv.

Attached: 1501904164037.jpg (540x438, 46K)

The game is a bit more manageable when you get the dash from Hornet, and then later when you get the wall jump. If you aren't used to combat by the time you reach Mantis Lords or Soul Master, you probably won't make it to the end.

>Hornet 1 took 10 tries
Oh boy oh boy can't wait to see how you fare against Nightmare King Grimm

Once you beat the game, go start a new game and fight hornet again. You'll wonder why you ever had trouble with her in the first place.

The key is to stop panic-healing and focus on boss's heal windows. Every boss has one except for The Watcher Knights. Fuck those guys. Wait until you have shade dash to fight them.

Lol I downloaded the debug mod so I could turn off the ui to take comfy pics. Apparently I accidently decreased the amount of damage I dealt. Hornet 1 fight wasnt too hard, but man it was fucking long.

I was going to make a joke about debugging Hallownest, but I’m a bigger man than that.

But seriously don’t sweat the Hornet thing OP. I just hope when you say you got frustrated it was a “god damnit I’m gonna beat this,” and not a “this game fucking sucks” because the game does continuously ramp up its difficulty. It hardly ever ‘spikes’ but it doesn’t really ever get easier either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with those

Not OP, obviously, but it took me WEEKS of attempts to beat NKG, and I loved every second of it, the music was EXCELLENT, and the fight was fun to learn and git gud at. If only I could say the same about the PoH.

>have to wear a charm to see the map
defend this

What are you on about user?

Attached: DF39BB0E-EEA4-426F-BBB7-3010E318DDDC.jpg (778x813, 362K)

hollow knight is pure kino and a perfect 10/10 that keeps on giving

not him, but you need the Wandering Compass charm equipped (though it's only one notch) to see your position on the map

yeah it was mostly just "eh this is getting annoying, I don't have the time to grind this". I don't have tons of time for vidya, so if it gets too grindy I'll probably just quit and go back to playing Thief 2 on expert. Perfect amount of difficulty.

NKG is my second favorite boss fight, after Mantis Lords/Sisters of Battle the whole thing does such a good job of conveying this feeling of intensity. In one AVGN episode I remember he coins the term "NES Fever" where you body shakes, your hands sweat all over the controller, your heart races, you forget to breathe, and your eyes burn from not blinking. NKG triggered all those symptoms for me and it was a blast, I can't ask for more from a boss fight.

Attached: iu-8.jpg (380x680, 41K)

Don't worry there's no point where it ever really gets grindy except for the fucking Pantheon of Hallownest jesus fucking christ, just difficult.

Yeah, but you can still see the map even without the charm

>lots of people complaining about the first hornet fight I bet
Here we go. Git gud zoomer trash.

I missed all the Godmaster threads since it took me up until recently to get around to fully completing it. What were they like?

Attached: 1492364844305.gif (400x475, 334K)

People crying about the difficulty and people showing off their full radiant HoGs and telling them to git gud.

It was definitely the most rng fight. Most HK fights are 90% skill. WNs felt like 60% skill, 40% luck. Shade dash brings that back to 90-10 though.b