Look up fix for game

>look up fix for game
>check a few forums
>find one with my fix
>post in thread
>this

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY SAID FINDING GAME FIXES WOULD BE EASY

Attached: check_pms.png (1486x307, 153K)

Why the fuck is necroing a thread bad practice? I've never understood it. Surely someone has run a forum and knows why. It doesn't make any god damn sense to me and fills me with so much anger it's unbelievable.

The way I've had it explained to me is that it makes the forum seem more lively when every thread on the front page isn't a year old.

Mods on traditional forums are fucking autistic. The real question is why they don't make threads autolock after a certain period of inactivity if it's such an issue.

why would you post in the thread if you got what you needed

mods on this "forum" are autistic too

Attached: 1541396840906.png (864x954, 601K)

>It's another " I hate forums" thread

PM'D YOU THE FIX
THREAD LOCKED

>search function requires you to make an account

for what purpose

forums are such cancer, they are either:
>dead
>endless new threads but empty, no users posting in them or the same two - three people appearing in them

>posts some obvious bug related problem with game software
>everyone refuses even to acknowledge the problem until he posts every piece of hardware, software and drivers he has
People are way too autistic about this. I see it everywhere.

>post all the information they asked
>they all disappear upon the realisation that they don't know anything

This happens when you're looking up a problem with windows, 80% of the replies are people asking about or posting their PC specifications

It's to keep new thread from being bumped the next page. I don't know, I'm just giving you their reasoning.

They're going to be bumped away regardless if you're making a new thread.

Gatekeepers don't know how to make a gate, user. They just know how to find one, and keep it.

>find thread with the exact same problem as me
>fix involves doing something with nvidia
>thread closed locked and labelled as fixed
>i have amd
This happens more than I like.

I think the idea's that the original posters have probably long left that thread, and babby posters can't read timestamps so they try to continue a conversation after months or even years have passed.

>old gaf thread
>99% banned

Who gives a shit? New users can continue the conversation. It hurts absolutely no one in anyway.

Yea Forums is so particular about new users integrating themselves into the board/site culture, and yet fags here will still go to other sites or forums and post without reading their rules or understanding the culture first. Disgusting.

Bold of you to assume I know how to read

Start a new thread. It’s like how half the posts on /gif/ are just replying the OP asking for sauce even though the thread is 3 days old. The OP is gone, guys.

>find thread relevant to your issue, but old
>DON'T NECRO YOU FAG
>start a new thread about the same thing
>THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS YOU FAG
At that point you might as well just ask yahoo answers.

>understanding the culture first.
Sucking up to users with a 200k post count is not "culture", faggot.

the fix worked lads, if any of you need it i'll pm it to you :) screenshot related

Attached: concrete based.png (1352x670, 899K)

I ran a popular forum and banned autists that complained when someone bumped a thread with real content. Necroing a thread just to say "lol" is one thing, doing it to answer a long standing question or add interesting information is another and most faggot mods don't understand that distinction.

I also hid user levels, hid post counts, disabled signatures, discouraged cliques, didn't care about -isms and -phobias, and banned based on IQ being below 80 rather than disagreeing with the norm. It was a good forum that lasted like 10 years with little to no faggotry. Honestly kind of saddening that no other place like it exists anymore.

>Look up fix on youtube
>Loud intro 80% louder than the speaker
>"What's up, it's ya boy-"
>Meandering around topics without talking about the fix
>Talks about their personal life
>Make sure to like/subscribe/bell/etc
>Mumbles every fucking thing they say and you can barely hear what the fix is
>"Um" every 5 seconds
>"So basically, the issue is that basically, the system that is supposed to work here is basically not reacting the way it's supposed to, and basically, you have to fix it"
>Fix that could be condensed into 1 or 2 sentences is stretched out over 8 minutes
>Talks about fix in a clear and concise manner
>"That is how the fix used to work, but after the most recent update, we have to fix it in a different way."
>Starts a mile away from the problem, and has to walk all the way there instead of just starting there, and runs unfunny let's play commentary over it
>"So you want to use the start button. That will open the start menu. Now, navigate down to where it says "options" and select that will the X button"
>Fix video is 1 minute long, has no exceedingly long intro, and starts in the area where the fix is needed
>They don't speak English

Attached: 1512825158705.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

>video is in 230p
>009 sound system dreamscape as default music
>hypercam
>taking an hour to type in notepad
>making grammatical errors with simple words
>can't even read what the text was because the resolution of the video was so low

Attached: b a s e d.png (617x659, 90K)

>Look up fix video on youtube
>Find one that's highly rated
>It's a guy doing charades as a way to communicate how to fix the problem

Attached: 1561744104995.jpg (851x761, 100K)

>"I never heard of a problem like that user"
>"wow you most be the first with the problem"

Attached: 1564585617051.png (400x419, 46K)

>"So you want to use the start button. That will open the start menu. Now, navigate down to where it says "options" and select that will the X button"
AAAAAAAAAA WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE GIVE FIVE MINUTE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO GET TO CONTROL PANNEL THEN DEVICE MANAGER!

>hey I have x problem
>"LOL HE CARROTED"
>thread has been locked
>banned

Attached: 29906170001_4802465050001_4802400106001-vs.jpg (640x360, 31K)

>thread tells you to mess with things you are afraid of messing with

Attached: 1547165318546.png (480x540, 407K)

>>"LOL HE CARROTED"
w-what?

>solution is entirely in /g/speak that I can't understand a word of
>thread is locked and I can't ask for clarification

>not carroting
pfff

>
>look for fix on youtube for old game
>default windows desktop
>unregistered hypercam 3
>LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
>guy opens up notepad
>starts typing out "Hey guys, welcome to my video for how to fix XXX"
>slowly uses backspace to delete text
>starts typing out the steps to fix it
>"a link to the file needed is in the description"
>megaupload

Attached: OH! MY! GOD!.jpg (684x374, 320K)

>first you need to open regedit

NOPE

looks like someone forgot to warm the towel

>just disable antivirus and run this exe bro

Attached: 658.gif (247x194, 2.38M)

well sometimes it is no longer relevant. Like "X is OP" which was 10 patches ago and other retards dont look at the thread age and think the OP complains about hte current balance. Other than that its just an excuse for mods to be autistic

a lot of newer forums have that feature for this exact reason

>Locked. Use the search function before starting a new thread
>No necroing threads. This is your last warning.

Attached: 1556341229094.png (454x520, 13K)

Was this Last Raven? I swear I saw this exact post with the same picture

>requires you to make 5 posts
and thats how I shat up their databae a bit more. Yeah you banned me, but i already got the one link i needed.

>this dowload is giving me a virus warning
>that's just a false positive
Pirating games is risky business.

I saw this exchange in the comments of like ten igg pages before I stopped going there.

One forum I saw doing this was doing it because it made them look bad when the front page is full of posts about features announced 2 years ago that haven't been spoken of since.

>megaupload
and not
>rapidshare

>fix is uploaded on limewire

Attached: 1505537387635.png (745x451, 407K)

Why is nearly every forum moderator a cute anime girl with a fantasy-esque name?

No but it's probably the same site and the mod reeks of prototranny, I was looking for a fix for Concrete Jungle on my PS2 emulator because the different vision modes were artifacting hard as fuck

because they're prototrannies, the promethians of dick mutilation

>Google fix for game
>Only one forum thread about fix
>Just google it
>Thread locked

>post is from a few years ago when google search worked as it should and it actually showed the fix