Crash vs. Spyro

What was the better trilogy? What was the better remake?

Attached: spyro-and-crash.jpg (600x338, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mytRut_YzOY
files.catbox.moe/cntnvb.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Ape Escape

Crash is the better trilogy. I never played either set of remakes though.

Spyro was the better games, Crash had the better remake because it was all on disc across the 3 consoles with no need to do gay downloads

Crash is the smaller but more challenging and rewarding trilogy

Spyro is the larger, but much easier trilogy

Crash wins, but both series are great

Jak and Daxter

I don't remember the art style changes/creative liberties that Crash's remake made being nearly as controversial as the ones Spyro's remake made.

Speaking only in terms of the original trilogies
Soundtrack: Spyro
Artistic Style / Overall visuals: Spyro
Gameplay: Crash
Characters: Crash

90% of people are just going to say the one they played more as a kid is the better one, ultimately they are two of the greatest sets of games of the era. The remakes also didn't butcher the games as much as I thought they would and were probably 7/10.

thats because spyro is more remembered for its looks than its gameplay. spyro 1 absolutely nailed world building and has some of the best atmospheres level after level. with crash people wanted the gameplay to feel good more than anything

I could never get into Spyro as a kid, I always found the setting and characters to be bland and uninteresting, especially when compared to Crash. I also liked Crash's more conventional segmented linear level design vs Spyro's open collectathon levels

The entire Crash trilogy takes like 2 hours to finish

By that metric alone spyro wins

Crash was more faithful and is generally more-challenging. I'd have to say him in both.

However Spyro still fills his own niche by being both a 3D collectathon and having charming art-direction and music, even if the remakes took some liberties for better and worse. Really I'm glad we got both back.

Even with the super tight time trials?

Crash is the better trilogy for sure. Crash 1 has aged kind of poorly but it still plays fine though I do prefer Spyro 1 to it. Crash 2 is the best of all six of these for sure though. Back in the PS1 days Spyro 3 was just straight up broken so Crash wins that out regardless. But even now with the remakes Crash is still better since despite Crash 3 having some dumb gimmicks it doesn't have nearly as many annoying ones as Spyro 3. Plus even the remake of Spyro 3 still has some technical problems. Spyro 3 also kind of has the Sonic problem of adding too many annoying friend characters while the villains are consistently forgettable especially when compared to Crash's rogues gallery.

Yeah, the games are different enough structurally that it really just comes down to personal taste. It's pretty clear more effort was put into the gameplay with Crash, and thus that's what everyone remembers most from it. With Spyro, the music and visuals are more important.

>The entire Crash trilogy takes like 2 hours to finish
Sure, if you exclude gems, secret levels, and time trials

N. Sane had the benefit of being crafted by a single team of people with adequate development time. Reignited was cobbled together by both a couple professional dev teams and dozens of hired freelance artists within a 9 month timeframe. They barely had time to finish the damn game, let alone worry about a consistent art style. There wasn't even an option to turn off the motion blur until like 6 months later.

Spyro and Spyro.

I'm a nintendo fanboy but I think crash is trash and spyro is fantastic

IT'S NOT EVEN ALL ON THE DAMN DISK OR CART!!!!!

Spyro has higher highs and lower lows, Crash is pretty much the same throughout.

I like Spyro as a trilogy better, but Warped is great.

>Artistic Style / Overall visuals: Spyro
Definitely this for the originals. I love the Crash games to death and ND did some wizardry to get them running and looking as good as they do (and I wish the remakes had kept more of the gritty, almost dark style some of the level textures had), but Spyro is pure fucking low-poly orgasm and the skies alone have stuck with me for decades after playing them.

Attached: 1401258303630.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

Attached: 69455625_1434992189975920_470127545421922304_n.jpg (678x960, 110K)

regardless of which franchise is better
can we all agree that Crash and Spyro are the best franchise siblings in video games

Attached: 23131931_904541576368100_2739124927325427780_n.jpg (600x848, 76K)

Attached: 9t75b21sw9821.png (1377x1081, 403K)

Attached: jgs34neir9821.png (1400x1102, 376K)

Crash and Crash. But i love both.

Attached: 39A141A0-BF5F-42C8-B9F0-B73637328C66.jpg (795x899, 87K)

Crash 1 and 2 also share a lot of assets. Meanwhile every Spyro game is pretty much distinct with their environments

>better trilogy
Crash. More memorable and unique characters, better difficulty, cooler player character.
>better remake
Crash by a landslide. Very faithful, blatantly improves on almost every aspect of the original trilogy, and is fucking overflowing with SOUL.

more

Where are the wings?

Attached: shock.png (474x458, 388K)

Why does everyone love Elora so much? She's so fucking bland, she has like no personality in either trilogy.

Hard to say, i like crash, but i wouldn't say that i LOVE him. I have huge nostalgia for both series on ps1, but spyro is much more fun to play, it's mroe fairytale like and i love the sounds of you collecting gems. Other than that, also liked gba spyro and crash and played psp and ds crash, spyros, those suck balls. That's the era where old mascots became "tough". Spyro became serious with no gems and crash was retarded with tribal tattoos.

Crash is more enjoyable to play, I'm playing the Spyro one now and I'm finding it more tedious than enjoyable. The music has always been good though.

Do people actually think the Crash remakes were good? The original games were great, but the remakes completely fucked the gameplay.

No they didn't, it takes like a few levels to get used to the new jumps and even then they're only an issue in the bridge levels and that one bonus level in 2. NST is unironically the definitive way to play the Naughty Dog games.

>What was the better trilogy?
Crash is the better trilogy. But I like Spyro 1 the best out of the 6 games.
>What was the better remake?
Crash. It feels like a definite improvement in pretty much every way, whereas the Spyro remake feels off in both gameplay and looks somehow.

Because she came years before the bitch-witch with actual character development.

Attached: 1397351486.jaluxi_04-12-2014_biancasketches.png (714x790, 327K)

I liked her because I enjoy that snarky '90s teenager sort of personality. The new one is more bland because that sort of snappiness doesn't exist, she's just "nice girl."

Attached: 1535160959861.jpg (533x1200, 78K)

Spyro both

This

Attached: 1560178163072.jpg (2560x1440, 441K)

DOWNLOAD REQUIRED

Attached: 97CB2975-C887-4EF4-8AE2-6A0E2E084A4E.jpg (929x1500, 251K)

>includes 3 games
>download required
This qualifies as false advertising

Completely agree with you.

do i get spyro reignited or ff8 remaster?

I wish this could become a big enough scandal that Activision had to make a second edition that doesn’t need a download for the rest of the fucking game.

Then again, Activision would have to not be garbage in order to do that.

FF8 as FF8 doesn’t require a fucking download for the rest of the fucking game

>there will never be a Crash x Spyro crossover apart from a shitty cart racing game

why even live bros?

Attached: 1355862387018a.jpg (267x181, 15K)

Reignited and pirate the non censored ff8

Oh, I think you know baby.

Attached: 435428-gex-enter-the-gecko-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x790, 140K)

It’s censored?

youtube.com/watch?v=mytRut_YzOY

Is this what your brain on MURRICA looks like?
You buy a triology, which includes three games. What has any of that to do with having to download additional data / patches?

OK, but is it actually censored or is it just the PS4 version that is censored?

All versions are censored

>he never played Spyro Orange and Crash Purple

Because technically you don’t have three games. 10 years from now when all the servers go down, your copy will just be one game at most because you can’t get the rest of it ever again

Ah. Dumb.

At least it’s still all on the cartridge/disc unlike Spyro

They're both great trilogies. Crash got the better remake, between all three games it was consistent;y good. Spyro starts really good with 1, then the other two have wildly fluctuating levels of quality. Which fucking sucks and proves the old saying "Too many cooks spoils the broth", though it's EA's fault it happened, as usual.

He should be glad he didn’t, they sucked

files.catbox.moe/cntnvb.mp4

Apparently Purple sucked, I only ever played Orange. I remember liking it

Activision ruined Reignited, not EA.

>What are you, some kind of dingo?
Crikey, ya need yah eyes checked, mate. Now let's see how well ya sizzle.

Attached: Crash_Bandicoot_N._Sane_Trilogy_Dingodile.png (390x427, 246K)

Activision, EA, same difference, they're both blood-sucking monsters that destroy everything they touch.
>we want you to remake these three games, but we're only giving you nine months to do all three because we want it out by Christmas and ebcause fuck you!

Okay and?

Just wanted to share some gameplay user, cheers

She cute.

Attached: A28B6135-6BFF-408A-96DD-E0840F9A218D.jpg (640x640, 71K)

I'll accept this.

The one with my queen

Attached: L13.png (410x640, 373K)

Back to CTR threads with you.

Based.

Attached: DBC4C8E4-817E-46BC-91AB-E5A3F55A67AC.jpg (981x1340, 173K)

Why is Spyro a quadruped dragon while all the other dragons are bipedal?

So you know he's the protagonist because he's different

Younger dragons can't walk yet, apparently.

Lore is that young dragons are quadrupedal until a certain age when they develop into bipeds.

Spyro is a stunted dragon due to a birth defect. Age wise hes an adult, but didnt grow bigger than an adolescent dragon and doesnt posess the capacity to walk on two legs because of it. Although he doesnt have a Napoleon Complex about it.

>little kid
>does stand on his hind legs at one point in the original
>some babby dragons in 3 can similarly stand up for a minute, others are on all fours
>a few dragons in the original were on all fours

Attached: Halvor.png (600x450, 302K)

Crash because they kept things varied. Spyro's collect-a-thon got really boring really quick. If you were into banjo kazooie and Rare's games you probably prefer spyro.

For me, it's Crash Bandicoot all in regards, except for world building, which is unfortunately severely lacking across the entire series, not just the trilogy. It's a damn shame, because it has so much potential, unlike many other platformers that build upon an uninteresting world.

Attached: Crash handsome face.png (2879x3157, 295K)

Why is Crash a biped bandicoot while essentially all the other bandicoots are quadruped?

He wears shorts

Which bandicoots are quardapeds?

>crash
Respect a lot the O style
New level
Put new stuff and add time trials for everything

>spyro
"we want the dreamworks/furry audience"

If something the Spyro remake is on par with Ratchet clank ps4.

All these bois

Attached: Crash_Bandicoot__s_Look_2010_by_Fiercey_Kun.jpg (655x529, 55K)

Based and Jakpilled.

I'm saying it now, everything involving monkeys/apes is fucking lame.

How badly are Spyro 2 and3 outsource ?

Shiet, they outsourced the entire games?

>the one they played more as a kid is the better one
I'm an odd one out then, I had both as a child albeit only Crash 2 and Spyro 2/3 were mine, we had Crash 1 for a while and borrowed 3 for a week or two, long enough to complete it once, while I only had a Demo disk for Spyro 1. Played Spyro a lot more as a child but realized as I got older that Crash had the better gameplay overall. There is very little depth to Spyro at all, it's just a 90's collectathon.

Well, my main complaint, even though I love Crash, is that the games are shallow.

>Originals:
Spyro > Crash
>Remakes
Crash > Spyro

I love both original trilogies, but as a whole I played the Spyro trilogy more evenly than Crash. The Crash remakes are absolutely wonderful and get very little wrong. Remade Spyro 1 is wonderful but clearly they didn't have the time to allow the whole trilogy the attention to detail the games demanded.

Originals for both. Fuck remakes

Are The outsourced spyro 2&3 Bad?

What’s wrong with spyro 2 and 3? Are the levels poorly recreated or something?

the fact is spyro trilogy banks on nostalgia hard where as crash is actually fun to play