He thinks video games are an art form

>he thinks video games are an art form

Attached: sa.jpg (992x965, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2015/12/21/shades-of-white
google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2012/02/new-artist-record-for-christopher-wool-set-at-christies-evening-sale/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based

I would say video games are closer to toys than art.

>Still using the word art
baka desu senpai

Attached: 1506366028057.png (375x375, 98K)

Maybe they can be maybe they can't. I'm not really an expert, so I can't say. At least we should be able to agree that they are more art-like than a lot of "modern art"

>he posts reddit frogs

dumb frogposter

Most AAA megaproduction *anything* arent art. It applies to tv, movies, games and more.
A handful of works in those media are art

newyorker.com/magazine/2015/12/21/shades-of-white

>he's making a game based off of mental illnesses

Attached: 1563244138681.jpg (639x477, 90K)

/r/wooooosh

Such a perfect example of the kind of bullshit I was talking about. Thank you, user.

Dumb artbrain

should I watch Shoujo Ramune?

Attached: 1565248547704.webm (640x360, 1.35M)

Yes, dude. It is excellent despite all the pee

Very rarely are video games on par with art status (important literature, paintings, sculptures, music, and photography) but every once in a while something fits the bill. Not that these games are good, fun, or well received, but it happens. Personally I like my games to be mindless and fun but to each Yea Forumsro his own.

It always irks me that the games are art fags rally around the worst examples of the medium. To me, it shouldn't be about pretty art direction or a 2deep4u story, but the mechanical workings. Of course, those other things can play their part, but a game should be judged on how good it is at being a game. My mind goes to character action games instead of walking sims, that's true artistry within the boundaries of the medium. Or something like New Vegas where your interactions with the game world and systems profoundly affect the experience.

this entire planet needs to be cleansed

so I guess the visual "artists" who are credited as such in countless games shouldn't be called "artists", huh

Yes, dude. It is excellent because of all the pee

now thats real art

>a collection of different artforms
>artwork, music, animation, writing, sometimes even film
>is suddenly not art anymore when interactivity is introduced, as if other artforms never had that before

insisting video games aren't art is completely retarded and arbitrary

but more importantly, art doesn't mean "good", it just means "art". when will people learn this?

games contain art, but aren't art by themselves

baka-kun is you

fuuckckkkk I'm COOMING FUCK

Attached: 1567305742827.jpg (586x524, 42K)

The blue fool is my favorite painting

google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2012/02/new-artist-record-for-christopher-wool-set-at-christies-evening-sale/amp/

They combine multiple forms of art. But until the industry stops being a piece of shit I refuse to call anything it churns out art

What about all the cool indie games?

>he's making a game based off of mental illnesses

Attached: 1566711862105.jpg (1280x1280, 71K)

Post art games:
Zelda Majora's Mask

You aren't implying SH2 is about mental illness, are you?

Spec Ops The Line

Imagine being the guy who had to spend weeks modelling the white phosphorus scene.

Silent Hill

fun

This basically. Its not rocket science.

Attached: 1564600963138.jpg (961x816, 239K)