ITT: Gears of War

twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1168916756100014081
>Its about fucking time
>Dave Bautista is a playable character in Gears 5 while hes waiting to secure a role in a potential GoW movie

Dial back the low-effort shit flinging for the love of Sera and all its moons and discuss the GoW franchise

Previous Gears
>favorite game
>level/mission/act
>gun and its favorite iteration
>character
>line of dialogue
>piece of lore

Gears 5
>will you play SP, MP, Horde, or Escape first

Attached: Gears-5-Bautista.png (1530x972, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0990406/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if microsoft wasn't retarded he'd be the new lead of the series, not some literally who skinny chick

>Namefag
>calling someone a literal who
The ironing
>Didn't see the ending of Gear of War 4
ISHIGGYDIGGY

Attached: 1528945123051.jpg (637x504, 50K)

Previous Gears
>favorite game
Gears of War 3
>level/mission/act
Gears of War 1 Act 3. I really liked the introduction of those lambent wretches, going underground for the first time, the slight horror tone. Usually it's during act 3 or the mid-game when a Gears campaign gets eerie and I like that feeling. Also fuck Gears Ultimate for the change in art direction. Why did they make everything look so bright, especially in act 3?
Boomshot in the campaign could be really useful. There were some situations in the first game where if you had enough grenades and landed good shots with the boomshot grenade launcher you could close all emergence holes without having to kill an enemy. That was neat.
>character
Victor Hoffman
>line of dialogue
The Cole Train runs on whole grain, baby! Whoo!
>piece of lore
Lore is for nerds

Gears 5
>will you play SP, MP, Horde, or Escape first
Gonna have to hold off on that one since I haven't gotten around to Gears POP! yet. Gotta play this stuff in release order, ya know?

Attached: XboxOneConsoleExclusiveTier.png (2269x1254, 2.76M)

He's probably going to be the lead in the movie.

Is Gears 4 campaign worth my time?

I really loved 1-3 but skipped judgement

How does Bautista have roles in some of the most iconic properties of all time while the Rock is only known for mediocre-at-best popcorn schlock? Whats his secret?

They're still trying to make that Gears of War movie with Universal or whoever? lol I forgot about that.

imdb.com/title/tt0990406/
Trivia
>Dave Bautista has been pursuing this role for years and has expressed great interest in playing the title character

>C list actor is in a redundant sequel
Woow can't hold my breath.

even that, he's still doing mandrama from time to time. Batista is based.

Kait seems fine?

i like the idea that shes the granddaughter of the original locust queen. in certain parts of 5 she loses control and starts commanding the swarm. JD kinda sucked and was basically Marcus 2 but without the awesome shit he did.

>favorite game
Gears 3
>level/mission/act
Gears 1 right after you find cole and delta team becomes whole
Lancer always, any iteration but gears 4
>character
Dom
>line of dialogue
MY FUCKING TOMATOES

Attached: g5_kait_hero2_3840x2160-4k.jpg (3240x1708, 476K)

Worth your time? I think it is since its on the short side
Gears 4 campaign doesn't really take risks. Its fairly short and doesn't change it up much, but thats by design.
The Coalition just wanted to see if they could make a Gears game in Unreal 4 and capture the feel and game play well enough to continue the series
I got it on PC and it looks great at 1080p/60 on ultra across the board(Ryzen 1600x/GTX 970)
If it ever goes on sale then definitely get it

>Kait seems fine?
>i like the idea that shes the granddaughter of the original locust queen. in certain parts of 5 she loses control and starts commanding the swarm. JD kinda sucked and was basically Marcus 2 but without the awesome shit he did.
See I don't get why people are universally shitting on the game so much over her being playable for most parts of the campaign

Attached: saganhmm.gif (500x343, 1.39M)

>in certain parts of 5 she loses control and starts commanding the swarm.

wtf
are they just making her Kerrigan?

i mean kind of, she used them to fuck up the rest of the swarm. i dont know much yet, it was from a trailer earlier. i dont know if the coalition has the chops to do a better job with this kind of story but they built this up from then end of 4.

Doesn't sound so bad.

I just got it for $2 with the ultimate game pass shit. But virtually all the reviews on the microsoft store says it runs unbelievably bad, or not at all. Is that the pc version you have?

MY
FUCKING
TOMATOES

i don't like gears or bautista. they both suck. i'm just shitting up (but also bumping) your thread

>>favorite game
>>level/mission/act
The abandoned lab in Gears 2
>>gun and its favorite iteration
Scorcher 2/3
>>character
Clayton/Benjamin Carmine
>>line of dialogue
WALK THE LINE MOTHERFUCKER
>>piece of lore
The Carmine Family started a life insurance agency

Attached: Clay_Promotion_Art_2.jpg (1440x900, 999K)

Yeah I have the standard version off the microsoft store, although I just purchased it outright
It has frozen on me just a few times, the rest of the time I can play for hours with no issues
Theres also a benchmark tool as well which came in handy for me.
Turns out I can run it maxed out all the way but will have some dips into the 40's when a big set piece occurs but only for a second or two

>The abandoned lab in Gears 2
We return to that lab in Gears 5 all reclaimed by nature to uncover more locust origin/queen lore
Also there's a settlement built around/in the remains of the GIANT WORM from 2

Attached: speccy.png (730x473, 44K)

Daily reminder this cuck hates trump. Fuck him.

Fav mission was probably Azura
GoW3 Hammy
Savage grenadier elite/mechanic Baird
>I'm so good I should charge admission
>I love how the COG are fascist and authoritarian society but we still got to help em out

Mp all day baby.

We need The Rock... But cheaper.

Wait what day does Gears 5 drop??

worked

he's WWE's Nick Cage

September 10th for standard edition players
ultimate edition lets you play 4 days early

>113gb

Good lord. Well, I'm downloading it. Thanks man. Hope it runs fine on my 2600x and rx580

It started at 80gb but there's bonus fluff thats been added over the years
>2600x and rx580
It better, it runs smooth on my 3.5 card

>Putting a Pinoy celebrity
They know their market

he's half greek

Doesnt matter

Attached: 276187740_be67969888.jpg (500x375, 52K)

>he doesn't know

That show was clearly in the Philippines dumbass

Doesnt matter? Still a hero to Pinoy's

my gears 5 on gamepass is trying to update but it's not moving, I got an error saying gears5eac failed or some shit

suck
my
butt

Attached: redtista.gif (480x269, 3.23M)

>favorite game
Gears of war 2
>level/mission/act
Storming into the locust underground for the first time in those drill tubes shit was so intense and freaky at first for me
Boltok Pistol, 3rd gears
>character
Benjamin Carmine with Cole in a close 2nd
>line of dialogue
"Heard there was a shitload of grubs down there Sarge." "More like 10 shit loads"
>piece of lore
Probably the weird science experiments from 2 or the fact the soldiers looked all beefed up and shit was for them to hold any ground to the locust so they were all given steroids

>Sonyfag posting that same shitty bait list again

>watching Ninja's stream
>think he's going to play to the end
>he's only waiting for the WoW queue to end

Attached: 1529880580061.png (323x268, 101K)

>fav game
Gears 3
>level
Gridlock
>Gnasher and Longshot
>character
Minh Young Kim (he's been in every online multiplayer including Judgment)
>line of dialogue
"DIE, BABY, DIE FOR POPPA," I think is the line Carmine says.

it's working now, I restarted the program and it sorted itself out

I had a 360 and loved the shit out of the Gears series. Unfortunately, my student house got broken into and all the consoles were stolen (pretty sure it was an inside job, 2bh). I have a Switch now -- and while I'm very happy with my choice, I do feel a little sadness that I won't be able to play this game.

It looks so much better than Gears4 and like a return to form for the series.

>favorite game
Gears of war
>level/mission/act
GIANT WORRRRRRRM
Hammerburst Gears 2
>character
Benjamin Carmine
>line of dialogue
COME ON BABY, DIEEEE FOR PAPA
>piece of lore
Nothing

I heard Gears is coming to Steam

WHat's the deal? Is it gonna be its own thing or can you play with Xbone/Windows10 plyers too?

Attached: 1566566983708.webm (640x800, 2.04M)

Crossplat

Dope, I'm down to learn more about the Sires. That lab was creepy as fuck and reminded me of the scarier sections of Metroid games.

Incorrect faggot, he retired after losing at Mania

>favorite game
Gears of War 3
>Level/Mission/Act
Liked the story but didn't have any favorite mission I can remember by number. I did love the scene where Cole Train has flashbacks to when he played football while he delivers the bomb. It really gave him more realistic flair as a character
>Gun
Retro Lancer in multiplayer. I just liked having different guns other than the lancer to consistently used and loved the meme charge you could do with it instead of the usual chainsaw walk.
>Character
General Raam/Skorge. They didn't have much personality but just seeing them I was excited with fighting them and their battles did not disappoint. For COG I would say Marcus
>Line of Dialogue
Delta Squad is in your house, bitch! You hear that shit? You grubby-ass bitches are going down! Like way Down! Dead down! Soon now you ain't gonna know which way is up! Your asses gonna be cryin' to your skank-ass queen! "Oh Mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!"Fuck you! We're gonna whoop your momma's ass! Whoo!
>piece of lore
N/A

Gears 5
Gonna do 1 run of SP on the hardest difficulty. I expect the story to be shit like Gears 4 I hated how they tried to put the focus on these new people out of the blue rather than transition into it. Just gonna one and done it and hopefully unlock some cool looking characters in MP for it. MP if it has medals like GoW 3 which unlock characters I like I will grind thos, Horde I will play a bit to see what is new/for medals. Only really did it for challenges. Escape I will try eventually it looks fun, might even make some maps if it looks fun. Overall most my time ideally will be on MP but if the challenges are fun I will play literally everything else except singleplayer except for collectibles maybe.

What mp characters are there on launch day bros?

I don't hate her story I hated that the plot got taken off of the characters we learned and loved from the original games without even an introduction beforehand. I hated all the new main characters in gears 4 though because they all just felt so flat. If Gears 4 literally just had their little group in it but instead had Marcus and his group as the main line through it I wouldn't care. Then we could have gears 5 where they are still the frontliners but now we are more accepting of these shitters as we learn about them. I like the idea of what she has going though but right now I am just hoping we get to kill her and maybe Marcus' son to bring back some fire.

Why is this game becoming a dumping ground for C-tier celebrities and franchises?

>Halo
>Terminator
>Batista
>C-tier
Oh user. You are soooo le ebin meymey xD

Attached: 1483722606706.jpg (3840x2160, 715K)

While Halo isn't C-tier in the slightest, Reach is.

He’s Marcus ?

If Reach didn't have firefight and the best armor customization of all the Halo games i would agree

No he's just his own character in the game. Hes wanted to be in a GoW movie for years though and he could pull off a wicked Marcus for sure