>me play slow character... 'hard to play'
>APPRECIATE HOW COOL I AM

Attached: images-108.jpg (739x415, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DMWyIqpguNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am the only DK player in the world

Ampharos fag can’t post his nigger image

Attached: 29ACB971-BA4F-4872-9CAA-CA19876BED11.png (270x301, 102K)

honestly it's funny, you can tell heavy players want you to think they're cool

No, you're not. We get about twenty of you DKfags per smash thread looking for acceptance because of your character choice.

its true and I always pick heavys

absolutely based. Fuck cuckpharosfag

Attached: ampharos.png (270x301, 160K)

I don't give a shit if you think I'm cool. I play K. Rool because I love DKC, not for your approval.

I play bowser because he's fat and can take more hits

Sounds like you just got beat by a brainlet heavyweight. That makes you the bigger brainlet OP.

Attached: 1566424193345.gif (480x320, 1.96M)

>play wolf because the internet says he's good
>"wow so fast"
> SHH SHH SHH OOSH OOSHH SHH SHH
>"YES IM SO FUCKING GOOD IM GONNA SHOW HOW FAST I AM WHEN HE DIES"
>loses to k rool
>make shit thread on Yea Forums

Nothing more satisfying that killing some sweaty lucina or wolf at 40% with ganon F-smash

It's always the people who watch tournaments or smash "celebs" that just follow blindly, thinking if they pick the character of the month they'll win. It's hilarious how many awful wolf players there are, especially when he really is a solid character.

Exactly, it's much more fun to play a heavy and throw your weight around winging it

Hell the only way to do well as k rool or ganon is to turn off your brain and play on instinct

If that's fun for you I agree, but personally I like to play heavies in a way where you use that extra percent you take to download the opponent and then get in their head. Heavies are psychological beasts since people are afraid of your moves. They know what to look out for in terms of the big damage stuff, but you have all these other decent tools that they aren't thinking about. Learning them as the play and then calling out a roll with a charged fsmash or another devastating read it my favorite. I want to be >RENTFREE in their head.

Wolf got dropped by most of the pros, since he wasn't entirely tournament winning.
in reality most of the top players are total tier whores. Yes even the japs like Zackray are like this. Only players like MKLeo aren't like this

>not playing a big fast character who hits hard

Attached: 1563106061506.png (784x675, 432K)

>all these other decent tools that they aren't thinking about
I love smash just for those little jank things that you can't find anywhere else

aren't you just doing his job then? And for free, too.

Anyway I play K. Rool because I love DKC and I love crocs. Said I'd main him even if he ended up being the worst character in the game and I wasn't far off the mark but he's in and he's fun and that's what matters to me.

Attached: mynewmain.jpg (700x394, 88K)

Ditto. Some solid buffs would be nice.

Attached: D9043BnUYAEsjCA.jpg (1931x1080, 194K)

cringe
based

how is ridley now after the buffs?

Only K Rool is based. Dedede is cringe.

Observe.

Attached: my-image.png (980x394, 134K)

Imagine being this gay.

You probably don't have to.

His recovery went from barely passable to pretty damn good which blew his edge guard game wide open since he can make way more big dick plays off stage. Side B now kills reliably around 130% giving him a solid kill option. Uair now prioritizes the sweet spot over sour, combine that with his fantastic up smash that hits from the front more regularly now makes him one of the most dangerous characters to have below you. He was the biggest winner of the patch easily, hes still the weakest to combos in the game but hes way more dangerous

They will never ever buff K Rool. He was a garbage character and yet they still nerfed him anyway due to complaining and Elite Smash stats. They're never gonna go back on nerfing K Rool because he'd be too much of a broken noob-crusher if he was any better and Sakurai and his team basically build their smash games around not wanting to make shitters feel bad.

dumb list, DK is the only based heavy

>me watch esports
>me copy what I saw on stream
>me good at video game

I play Dedede because he's my favorite character.

Attached: 1517722687075.png (600x600, 540K)

>playing anything but based roy

Attached: 1529082572524.png (544x404, 346K)

acceptable mains: bowser, DK, ganon, mewtwo, ridley, k rool, mac, game and watch, incineroar
kill yourself tier: simon/richter, inkling

I actually play the slow characters because my arthritis has slowed down my hand/finger movements pretty bad. Had to quit fighting games altogether actually because it'd just flare up hard.

>Ganondorf
>anything but scrubpilled
Contempt

Attached: 1560024132578.jpg (223x251, 6K)

Isn't that just how learning works?

Still not great but having the literal best Up Smash in the whole game is nice.

It makes the game incredibly boring when the online is just people struggling to copy what they saw on Twitch. Imagine playing chess with somebody and every time it's their turn they have to watch a stream of Magnus Carlsen before deciding which piece to move. Imagine going to the local game shop and everyone at the YGO table just bought a copy of the 2019 Championship winner's deck.

>what is time control

What is copying what they saw on twitch? Edgeguarding?

>Character that takes no practice and wins from retard strength and luck = BASED
>Character that's fast paced and and actually takes practice = CRINGE

At least my character is best of both worlds but anyone who thinks they're hot shit with someone ganondorf says any other character is less skilled needs to commit suicide.

Attached: a1071560507_10.jpg (1200x1200, 206K)

the enemy can't read your next move if you don't know your next move

Attached: 67587603_166161287765587_4683348690222448640_o.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

>matched against DDD
>hazards off rule set, stuck on Distant Planet
>not to mention his horrible lag
>nothing but gordo spam, which is nearly impossible to shield thanks to aforementioned lag
>end up losing because a lag spike/gordo combo ate my double jump
It is literally, LITERALLY, impossible to have fun against DDD online.

Well think about it like this. Victory in chess and YGO is more about predicting and outplaying the opponent rather than what exactly you have at your disposal.
Smash would be the same, especially if you know how someone is going to play ahead time. i.e. if you've ever ran into a Link/Link Clone online they all play exactly the fucking same.

Sounds like someone got jet hammered.

Attached: 726240AC-0FFF-4632-8130-A17B29168AE4.png (224x215, 72K)

Attached: 1536790187654.jpg (460x345, 60K)

Fight intelligently.

Attached: 64154146_p23.png (1811x1262, 808K)

Ridley being weak as hell to combos is his biggest drawback anyway though so its not like thatll probably ever get a change.

>he doesn’t knock the gordos back
acquire skill

I find Dedede the least frustrating of the heavies, there's something less frustrating about a character actually playing smart and zoning you out opposed to laggy faggots who do epic disrespect retard strength smash attacks

I stopped playing before the Piranha Plant update so I don't know if that's the meta anymore, but the game was already stale when 60% of match-ups were against unique names that only knew how to use K. Rool's gun, crown, and counter.

>I'm really mad about getting doryah'd but instead of learning how to dodge I'm going to bitch about it on Yea Forums
git gud

>the dedede avatarfags are in the thread now
thread over, thanks for coming

I always go with heavyweights when playing against my little siblings back home. Them on a team vs my tryhard ex-tourneyfag self. I am of the opinion that all the boss characters are intended to have glaring weaknesses if exploited, or opportunities for punishment if they get too predictable; that way they feel like a boss fight. They love it, and last Christmas they actually dragged me away from what I was doing to fight a friend of theirs "who's really good at Fox." He was reflecting my gordos pretty consistently by the end, bless him.
tl;dr heavies are good older brother characters

Attached: #1bestintheworld.png (960x720, 1.06M)

Get a better connection and maybe someone will rematch you.

Nigga Donkey Kong has been my main since 1999.

Attached: 1556594208904.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Are there any mewtwobros out there?........
anyone......?

Attached: 5FBFA04D-05C9-46A3-89B7-2241A8F83379.jpg (625x350, 51K)

I wouldn't say I "main" incineroar, but he is my Fun Character, if that makes any sense. There's just something so cathartic about eating projectiles just to do 70% in one attack from alolan whip

hi
my mains are k. rool and mewtwo, it covers most matchups pretty well, and they're both fun

Based: Costume 1 DK, Costume 1 Ganondorf
Cringe: Everything else except Pink DK
Supreme Cringe: Pink DK

DK secondary bro. Luigi main.

>Gatornigger
>cool
>based
Pick one

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

> inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt muh banjo

Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator.

macbros?

Attached: jotaro mac jotaro mac.png (1200x1200, 685K)

always

Attached: MacMind.jpg (1022x577, 42K)

Purp DK main here. The character is shit.

Attached: 9c69812071cff83726fa8ea54eaa9951.png (296x304, 222K)

>No Ness, Lucas, Sonic, Pit, Dank Pit, or Joker in the KYS tier
Fuck off

Mac is funny to me because fighting him is fucking miserable yet every time I gimp you bastards at 40 I feel really bad about it.

Where all my Game and Watch boys at?

Attached: gay man watch.png (600x600, 88K)

This

but they did buff him in the patch after the one where they nerfed him (they should buff him way more though)

they literally buffed him right after his buries got nerfed you moron

let's be perfectly real here

Attached: mbg.png (980x608, 890K)

The only reason heavyweight characters are "hard to play" is that tourneyfags only play on three stages that are made up entirely of uniform flat spaces (thus heavyweights are put at a speed disadvantage)

*honk honk*

We all agreed?

This is how likely they are to be cancer when you encounter them online

Attached: Ed7CI[1].png (850x624, 991K)

And before anyone calls me out for favoritism, my mains are DK, Ganondorf, and Dark Samus.

I've never encountered a Mii Gunner online in over 800 matches. Any Swordsman I fight is absolute cancer that tries to kill me with that one up special.

No, try again.

t. Joker/Sonic/PKid/Zelda/ZSS/Yink main

Hey guess what Yea Forums I beat some random shitters using low tier heavy characters in online. I am basically a god at this game unlike the posers who pick high tier characters for an instant win button.

You too? Man, aren't we so good at this game?

This, but unironically.

I fought one near release that bodied me in the most irritating way imaginable.

>shit
>when cargo throw exists

Too bad the b-throw stage spike doesn't work on good players.

This picture captures the feeling of playing a top tier. You wouldn't want to be one of those lame-o low tiers who always loses, right Yea Forums? Stop playing shit characters like Ganondorf and Dedede and have fun with us with Wario and Lucina and Joker.

Attached: 1565980190405.jpg (960x715, 148K)

cargo throw isnt as strong as it seems. Shield grabs getting gutted means its harder to land a grab and you arent getting a kill with it til 100+% if the opponent is not braindead and actually mashing.

And even if it was that good, it doesnt make up for the fact that he can't land, has no out of shield options, and has a fucking abysmal recovery.

>People keep thinking Incineroar is going to fish for the Side B
>But down-tilt has a fucking stupid scoop on it and f-tilt is a hilariously reliable kill move.

He's got good air speed and can drift to the ledge/off stage and copter back. It's really good for catching people trying to edgeguard you without a projectile.

>Still seething about one of the big 3 requests getting in.
Tell me how Ridley's too big and how Inklings are a shill pick, too.

Attached: NeverTooBig.png (1280x995, 1.63M)

I just fucking wish his Up-b wasn't total ass. For whatever reason, it's the easiest jank-hitbox to land in the game online because people never expect it, but it also has one of the worst rewards of any Up-b unless you suicide bomb with it. If you land the explosion, it should kill at like 120% on a heavy, not at 180%.

Nothing is more hilarious than starting some random fight against someone like Fox who does nothing but pop off easy projectiles to stack revenge on, and then watch them in fucking fear of anything.
Lariat is a either an amazing or awful option and I still can't tell which.

Why yes, I'm an Incineroar main, how could you tell?

Attached: 58CD5DC8-F9E3-4037-9FD6-EDA46B9B41A1.png (476x476, 149K)

>tfw landing a 50% damage side-b
Ridley-nigs eat your heart out

For me it's Melee Fox

Attached: yxxxro7.png (848x1200, 663K)

Same and will be doing the same with banjo-kazooie

Attached: 1556246561428.png (399x455, 161K)

Yeah Dedede's always play like pussies and lag to shit.

For me it's Melee Jiggs

Attached: 4df[1].png (368x298, 120K)

faggot

Attached: melee jiggs.png (598x243, 21K)

>in reality most of the top players are total tier whores
I give professional players a pass on tier whoring since their character choice affects their paycheck.

u mad

Bowser Jr isn't respectable. Just because you play a low tier doesn't make you respectable. He's a camp character more braindead than the Belmonts.

Most of them have sponsors to cover for how much they would lose at a tourney. The problem is that not many pros aside from most of Japan's , and some of Mexicos players stick to the character they want to try and develop, and perhaps even further their meta game.
Look at VoID, and Nairo, they're both jumping for another character, since the one they were relying on isn't exactly doing them any favours, rather than try to develop their metagames.

>one of the big 3 requests
By 3 vocal retards

Is this the tier list thread. This one is not at all based on play style, just what the characters are themselves. Yes I know Olimar has kids, virgin can be a state of being.

Attached: smashchad.png (990x1311, 1.37M)

*attaches a set of strings to your erect penis and plays the Munsters theme song on it*

>daisy is KYS
>peach is Entirely
theyre the same character though

where'd you get the artwork?

I'm trying to learn a new character and I want to play snake but I suck with him how do I aquire proficiency with snake

J.Marmie

t. ass-mad Fox main. Got spaced for the entire round you spacie yiffer.

Daisy-fags are insufferable.

danke

>Bowser not being more respectable than Ganondorf
The only cancer thing about Bowser I can think of is his side b

Why do so many people act like Falcon is respectable? His optimal playstyle is to play like an absolute faggot and dash dance until you commit to anything, then punish. Repeat. He's really unfun to fight.

>archetype bitching thread

Attached: bads triangle.jpg (982x676, 123K)

I need to see a list of all the kamikaze options in the game and which ones let you jump out before you die.
I'm still not used to being unable to reach the ledge after getting grabbed by Ganon even though he dies first now.

That's exactly what I was thinking of. Oh, and his neutral B.

Incineroar and Bowser are the only based ones out of these, and they both got a cheesy command grab. As someone who's mained DK in every game his kit in ultimate is mad cheesy, the offstage cargo throw is nuts. Also K Rool definitely not based, he's about as cringe as Dedede because he has to sit in a corner and spam cannonball and crown. Ganon's got the cheesy ass doriyahs and Zard is mostly alright except flare blitz is kinda scrubby.

The only hype heavies are Bowser and Ganon. All other heavies are Cringe and Bluepilled

>he doesn't play every character on the roster
Do you fags even really play smash?

Incineroar is based and bluepilled.

Swap Zelda and Wolf, Incineroar with Wario, and Bowser with Ganondorf. Then it's good.

Vice-versa. He's Cringe, but Redpilled.

This. Rolling random when playing with friends is the most fun and an actual indicator of skill, being able to beat someone with a character you hardly know the specifics of beyond pure fundamentals.

falcon is very unfun to play against, same with hero, bowser jr, shulk, marth

>flatzone theme starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=DMWyIqpguNc

Attached: GameWatch-Victory2-SSBM.gif (640x482, 115K)

Game and chad reporting in.
Finally the blind masses finally see the greatness that is Smash Ultimate G&W
All it took was a young spic doing very well.

Every falcon I've fought online has played like a kid with ADHD trying to make an epic smash video for youtube, fishing for knee and fpunch the entire match.
The character is fine but the players are all cancer.

Now then, lets summon hero
*AHEM*

Attached: 1566950566025m.jpg (1024x1024, 120K)

I like to play big slow characters because I like the monkey feeling of hitting the big hit
It feels good.

That's why I play grapplers in real fighting games.

>because I like the monkey feeling of hitting the big hit
based
fuck winning
lemme land that K. Rool bair, D3 fsmash, DK punch, Bowser dropkick, or just doryah someone at 40% for a kill and I'll feel fine regardless of what happens

Attached: Sky Hammer.webm (792x466, 2.18M)

man the knockback in 4 looks so fucking janky and jarring after ultimate's knockback, it's crazy

Yeah, seeing old knockback after getting used to ultimate's speed feels like going back to hard mode after getting used to expert in Guitar Hero.