MIDI for PC gaming master race!!!

This has recently been established as the best input device for FPS. Pic related is what I've been using for years. It's much more comfortable than a regular keyboard.

12 keys in an octave for quick access to shortcuts. Lower octave mapped to the numbers 1 through 0. What MIDI keyboard do you use for PC gaming?

Attached: MIDI.jpg (686x622, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

obsproject.com/forum/threads/midikey2key-translates-midi-events-to-key-shortcuts.78103/
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7v74mz/a_small_program_i_wrote_to_convert_midi_keyboard/
polygon.com/2016/7/16/12207114/evo-2016-player-piano-keyboard-controller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not sure if shitpost or if there are actual turbo incels who do this

It's really cool how I can see a thread, leave for work, come back 10 hours later, refresh Yea Forums, and someone has made the same thread. Never change friends.

Cm sucks, Dm is where it's at

I have a MIDI keyboard and desu this doesnt seem like that bad of an idea after playing WoW Classic for the past week

Shitposting on a slightly higher caliber. There's a high chance that the person who made this thread is the same one behind the 90° keyboard rotation where you use AXSW or something like that

It's actually a guy that made the thread before work, left, came back, and made it again to see if this time it'd get traction.

> Not cramped like regular keyboard
> Easy access to other keys
> Piano is designed for smooth transition of fingers

This works!

>90°

Bro, you have a ° symbol on your keyboard?

you're welcome wagie

just use altcode bro

its a learning AI measuring the reply efcictiveness of procedurally generated shitposts

these shitty threads do make me consider having my octatrack finish a few Doom levels or something, I find the thought mildly amusing

I have an electric piano with full-sized weighted keys, I'm pretty sure that would feel really bad for this purpose

Yeah

Attached: image.png (376x245, 26K)

i have two digital pianos that function with midi and two usb mini keyboards, that means i'm unstoppable in fps

MIDI keyboard with your left hand, mouse in your right. It's perfect!

I recommend using a 2 octave keyboard. Fits comfortably on your desk!

Unlike the regular keyboard, the piano was designed for quick, comfortable and accurate pressing of the keys. Give it a try.

> Comfortable arrow keys
> easy access to 16 numbers with your thumb
> Short cut keys close by

Not a bad choice!

Attached: Octatrack2-large.jpg (750x424, 44K)

>not using a saxophone to play fps games

I played CS:GO with my draw pad once. Wasn’t very fun.

>hitting #16 with your thumb

Attached: 1385175798406.jpg (206x222, 33K)

if you don't game on this you're basically a tarnny

Attached: download.jpg (295x171, 9K)

you mean like one of these things?

Attached: iWantADifferentBrandtbhm9.jpg (1040x780, 189K)

Yeh. I started with an Alesis VMini, which has it's advantages, like faster keypress

Attached: Alesis-VMini-MIDI-Keyboard-Controller.jpg (560x301, 48K)

I moved on to the V25, because it feels better on the hand, less cramped. easier flow like a piano.

Attached: v25.jpg (311x162, 12K)

I've been wanting to try this for fighting games for a while but I haven't gotten around to finding a good way to translate the keys to inputs that wouldn't introduce latency yet
Suggestions?

>not using MPC pads
Plebs

Attached: MPCLive-large.jpg (750x415, 42K)

What would the finger layout be? Also, try these:

obsproject.com/forum/threads/midikey2key-translates-midi-events-to-key-shortcuts.78103/

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7v74mz/a_small_program_i_wrote_to_convert_midi_keyboard/

Probably just a flattened hitbox
Something like this as a first attempt, using basic six button controls on a stolen image

Attached: Untitled.png (1040x780, 1.15M)

He's an autist not an incel you fucking newfag

Why not something like this:

F- LP
F#- LK
G- MP
G#- MK
A- HP
A# - HK

It's a bit more in line with a 6 button layout. Might play around with this on steam and get back to you, my instinct tells me, something like this would be better for movement:

D - left
D# - up
E- down
F- right

It's what the pros do:

polygon.com/2016/7/16/12207114/evo-2016-player-piano-keyboard-controller

Attached: keyboardforfighting.jpg (920x622, 371K)

Yeah but it can play music while you play?

Yeah it makes gamercore

Recently got a Digitone and never used it after one day. I've used my Access Virus Snow way more.