You will never go to a modern retailer with a section for PS2/GC/Xbox/DS games ever again

>you will never go to a modern retailer with a section for PS2/GC/Xbox/DS games ever again
>You will also never see Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Jak series, Tony Hawk series, Metal Gear Series, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, SkyGunner ever again shelved at the same time in the same place ever again
How was it for those old enough to be part of/understand the zeitgeist? I was a kid back then Did they have a better selection of games compared to what we have now? It wasnt that long ago.
I made this thread yesterday. I wanna spark more discussion

Attached: GamestopPS2.jpg (432x298, 50K)

>you will never visit the video rental store with your 5 dollars allowance from your mom to rent the newly released SNES games.
>You will never see Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, Super Castlevania IV, F-Zero, Link to the Past, Super Metroid ever again shelved at the same time in the same place.

How does it feel to be a zoomer?
To not know what it was like before the internet took over.
When finding a secret in a game was a big thing that you would tell your friends all about the next day at school.

Attached: mom and me park swing.jpg (632x956, 213K)

YOU FUCKING THAKE NTHAT BACK

Attached: wojak-and-pepe_o_7215815.jpg (640x720, 105K)

Wait a minute isnt that Nuthief? And PSVita?

>Everyone would rather sit in their homes gloating about buying full priced games digitally.

I still like going to my local Gamestop, Flea Market, etc. Fuck digital.

>Gamestop

Not the place to go if you care about physical games. Their disc shredding is well documented.

>You will never visit your local no-name electronics store that has a gaming corner
>you will never awe at the SNES port of DooM, all the weird Game Boy games, and promotion material of upcoming "3D" games
>you will never ever know the world without the internet and having to git gud on your own

Being a kid in the 90s was a good time. Born in 92 and I feel like the only kids who had it better where born a little earlier. Anyone born after 92 is a cuck.

i was a kid in the 80s man, it was AMAZING seeing shit like mario 2 and 3 on the shelf, to live and game into the 90s and see FF3, CT and the BRAND NEW Playstation on the fucking shelf.

seeing demo kiosks with ACTUAL GOOD GAMES on them and not outdated shit from 2 years ago like current things (even if i don't think my GS has turned their kiosks on in like months).

Cex

89 here, can confirm I had it pretty good.
Wish I had been born earlier, pretty sick and fucking tired of the internet

You missed out.

Attached: Grandfather and me.jpg (598x612, 93K)

How much were the games like mario, etc? Was it $60 for a full NES 300kb cart?

I think it was 50 dollars.
The NES was 200 dollars which is well over 400 USD in today's dollar value.
It definitely was an expensive Christmas gift that was mostly paid for by my grandparents.

My older brother's mostly used the NES and would fight over it so my mom constantly took it away.
Eventually she got fed up one night and smashed the heel of her shoe into the NES and broke it for good.

Once we got a Sega Genesis there was no fighting over the console.

Attached: Mom and me second Christmas..jpg (587x606, 100K)

>tfw grandfather took you to KMart for your birthday for vidya
>”user, you can have either the NES or Game Boy”
>Dad’s job had us move every 12-18 months
>Pick Game Boy with Tetris and Kirby’s Dream Land
>Mom would sometimes buy me a Nintendo Power when we moved

>mfw

Attached: CFE3E858-CCCC-4697-B4C5-3AE7917D8D0E.jpg (803x918, 24K)

between 35 to 50 tops.

snes shit maxed out at 80, i remember this because i payed COLD HARD LAWNMOWING CASH for Chrono Trigger, which was 79.99.

5th gen shit was like 60 to 75, then mellowed out to 50.

then 6th gen shit was 50 until 7th gen, when people complained about 60 being too much for a game....fucking pussies. imagine paying 74.99 US for a shit game...

Your mom looks like a grown up/mother version of a person I had a crush on last year

Goddamn I wanna impregnate her.

All I remember from those sections is that the good games were all sold out and the remaining shit was shovel ware and sports games

Attached: B832F19B-EA86-45ED-8A45-08ADF43558F1.gif (422x392, 738K)

This is why people have shit taste in games now. All the good shit is forever sold out.

Who is that little nigg3r on the left

Nah she is just an average looking mom you would find anywhere.
All my friends' moms were pretty similar looking.

Attached: Mother.jpg (1156x800, 272K)

There are no black people in that photo so I don't know who you are talking about.

my standards are lower, i just wish i could go to the videogame section/store and actually see things that i want to play and would spend money on

i feel like my time with videogames is over aside from playing the same old things every once and a while

>used to hide the games I really wanted in some obscure isle like gardening
>come in 2 months later on my birthday to get it
>it’s right where I left it
that’s how I got tales of symphonia back in the day. It was sold out everywhere where I lived, except that one copy hidden behind a Thomas the train engine trolly set that retailed for $200 at toys r us

>front view
eww gross
The girl I was talking about has the most beautiful face ever.

welcome to being an adult user, you're late!

Perspective means a lot mate.

Attached: Mom.jpg (1019x1594, 338K)

This has nothing to do with being an adult.

Still not as good

Attached: peeepeepoopoo.jpg (1000x976, 64K)

its different with games, idiot.
older games are STILL good today.

i can easily recommend 10 games from the 90s. i can't do that as easily for the last 9 years

That is just how old Polaroid cameras look.
They sometimes make certain colors darker than they actually are.

Attached: birthday.jpg (1040x699, 175K)

how does it feel to be in your 30's and endlessly trying to recapture your childhood in a futile attempt to go back to when life was carefree?

OH GOD I TAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR MOM BACK
HER FACE IS UGLY

I saved up some cash over the years so I have more free time to enjoy looking back.
I still have the same friends from decades back.
We get together every now and then.

Attached: me and mom first christmas.jpg (607x620, 78K)

I love the ps2 generation but people act like there wasn't so much fucking shivelware then. Also kingdom hearts and jak we're always shit

Are you actually this young and stupid?

>kingdom hearts and jak we're always shit
Ouch...someone was an edgy tryhard even as a child!

At least his childhood was good and he experienced a decent life before everything passed the point of no return and became shit.
Seethe.

Only got into PS2 games recently after a friend gave me his.
What are some good horror games on it?

>Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Jak series, Tony Hawk series, Metal Gear Series, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, SkyGunner
All shit

I worked at a vidya store for some of this time period. Looking back it was pretty unbelievable, like in 2001 there was a two month span we got like a dozen classic PS2 titles AND the Cube AND the Xbox launches. Sadly I didn’t have a lot of time to play games because of school so I kind of missed this generation in comparison to the prior and next.

It’s called soul

My EB games has never once had more than the bare minimum of games delivered.
If you do not pre-order you will NOT get the game. They're also shorted very often too.

I'm thinking about going full digital but my god do I like having a physical collection. Makes me feel like I actually own the game.

Attached: blocks will be pushed.png (888x720, 124K)

Disc Replay is a chain here in the midwest. They sell video games from pretty much every generation.

Stock varies from store to store because it's more like a pawn shop. They sell new and used music in it's various formats, used audio equipment, used electronics, new and used movies, toys, and some other stuff.

excuse me for not knowing the quirks of some ancient tech. poleroids can turn people into niggs. now i know.

>EB Games
>Being into videogames in this fucking hole of a country
Shit sucks

I saw some brand new GBA games at a rite aid like a year ago but they were all full price shovelware. Obviously didn't buy anything but it was cool, must have been unearthed from a box in back.

it was shit GBA games too, right?
like poker or some shit?

what's interesting is that zoomers can just download all of those games and softmod their PS2 for just a cool $100.

Instead they blow hundreds of dollars a year on Fortnite and garbage shovelware on steam just because their friends also play it. It's infuriating.

I'm seriously considering just giving away a few softmodded PS2s to kids, and then selling more for super cheap just to get them to experience true gaming.

Mail one to me, I didn't realise you can't softmod a slim

>you can't softmod a slim
You can but not the latest revision. Also fat ones are better because they have hard drive compatibility.

What's the latest revision? I have a 9C

Where can you buy cheap a ps2

There was this faggot that would always rent out the only copy of Chrono Trigger from Blockbuster so no one else could have it. This was a time where I couldn't get my parents to buy it for me because it cost 70 fucking dollars.

You can tell he isn’t black because of his white hair at least