Was the Black Mesa Research Facility a secret base or was it known to the general public? Seeing as it was rather vast...

Was the Black Mesa Research Facility a secret base or was it known to the general public? Seeing as it was rather vast, but yet had t obe "contained" by the HECU marines after/during the Resonance Cascade as to not spread word on what was going on at the facility?

Attached: Black Mesa.jpg (768x432, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain_Complex
youtube.com/watch?v=IPG3eDTy-yo=t=24m12s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Could have easily just been another "Area 51" in universe.

It would have been too big to be an Area 51 stand in. They had vast tram network, railways, had a dam and the launched rockets. The facility was HUGE!

Attached: But+are+you+perfectly+huge+your+huge+quest+is+only+_06be8fc904ef3cedfc7c662b7e7f821e.png (1276x708, 365K)

Half-Life in what it differs from Quake is Another World + Fade to Black.
Opposing Force is based and does its own thing.
Half-Life 2 is Daikatana's (disregarding monstrously retarded episode1's balance) campaign flow + Shiny's Messiah design sensibilities.
Black Mesa, in what it differs from HL, is Exodus from the Earth mixed with Heart of Darkness like puzzles (as well as some of the designs).

It's like NORAD, we all know the generals but no one knows the specifics

What’s NORAD? Non-American here

its obviously a secret base, not many people are in the dessert or are flying over it, despite being huge its well hidden and most of it is underground with various above ground docking bays where supplies can get in.
Dont forget america had ENTIRE cities as military bases and no one noticed or cared, even most of the people who lived in those cities didnt know it was a secret military base

Black Mesa's existence as a company was public, the location likely wasn't

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain_Complex

why are there no other games that take place in huge facilities? the only other thing i can think of is system shock but thats sorta different being a huge ship

Fucking portal

"Cave Johnson, new owner and CEO of Black Mesa. That's right, you've been bought. First order of business, we're renaming you under the Aperture brand. I'm leaning towards Blappeture Mesa. Marketing boys think something else. So: Blappeture it is. Next, they tell me you people are conducting some anomalous materials research that could result in a resonance cascade. So I'm shutting that down before you idiots end the world. A resonance cascade! You're supposed to be scientists. Use some common sense."

Attached: 4FEA8B77-8F00-4763-81E8-D530899F7E90.png (250x380, 118K)

The Area 51 raiders will reenact this game.

What he said, and also Dead Space 1 and 2, Arkane's Prey, and SOMA.

portal sucks and is for faggots

With the amount of staff it had it would have been impossible to keep secret, and during the first train ride you're even encouraged to encourage capable friends to seek employment there, so obviously not a secret secret. It's just what happened inside of it was.

Attached: 1564387112311.jpg (1242x1214, 257K)

>Cheyenne Mountain complex

>Stargate sg-1 theme starts playing

This makes by far the most sense
Even within Black Mesa, nobody knows the whole picture - which is, again, realistic. There's no indication that Gordon knows about Xen beforehand (after all, the scientists tell him about it) and most of the scientists don't know what the deal with the aliens, even though there is research being done on them in the area of the labs that Questionable Ethics is set in.

>aww man you cut the pony tail...sellout

>no explosions every minute
>wah wah shit game for fags
zoom zoom

From what we can gather, Black Mesa was known to the general public though they probably didn't know what exactly they did other then a few vague details.

how would Gman react to Cave being put in charge

>literally ruined the internet with a flood of normalfags and THE LE CAKE IS A LIE XD
>also less than 2 hours long and the puzzles are basic as fuck

The cake line is completely inoffensive in the game. You really let retarded fan bases determine your opinions on games?

>a reason for hating games is "Noooo my sekrit kluuub"
I feel like my brain cells are dying

can americans not into reading comprehension?

Poorly I would presume, there’s no manipulating Cave Johnson

Your second line was so stupid that I automatically ignored it without thinking

Half-Life 2 Episode 3 when?

Attached: [PAIN] [PAIN].jpg (692x3195, 500K)

>Was the Black Mesa Research Facility a secret base or was it known to the general public?
It was known about, otherwise people wouldn't be able to apply for jobs there. It was out the way in the desert and the internet wasn't ubiquitous back then so people who knew of it probably just knew it was a research facility for different sciences without having any specifics. It had to be contained because the government knew there would be unrest if people knew about its teleportation technology and aliens. Even within Black Mesa, the teleportation seemed to be kept secret with the Lambda sector being quite confidential

PETI had such great voice lines.
youtube.com/watch?v=IPG3eDTy-yo=t=24m12s