DMC thread

How come DMC5 was so short? Did they run out of development time? The characters and combat system are so brilliant, there should have been more chapters to fully show them off. Imagine at least 5 more hours of fucking around with more levels and enemies, easy 11/10.

Attached: D5YvNW5UUAEzheQ.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WikiMB/status/1166729411128909826
youtube.com/watch?v=zc7W2t8nfT0
youtube.com/watch?v=x271zWD-87s
youtube.com/watch?v=aU1ISUDVqnM
youtube.com/watch?v=aOtLKtDkEOc
youtube.com/watch?v=KMSGj9Y2T9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=W26PZOktM3s
nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/365
youtube.com/watch?v=t85HzA80ysQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DiR09tD4wg0
youtu.be/wTE56kl2wt8
9mahappytime.postype.com/post/4603340
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The more I replay the game, the more it feels like a total oversight to not allow every character to play every mission once you finish it, since it's multiplying the game by three for free.

they're all like 3-5 hours. it's a game that you're supposed to play multiple times

Admittedly it's been some time, but I remember 3 and 4 feeling longer. Might be that I enjoyed 5 more so it felt shorter

i mean, they did it for 4... it just makes no sense

Attached: dmc32.jpg (729x960, 65K)

4 years in development
2 years working on RE Engine
1 year designing and scanning clothes
1 year on the actual game itself

3 has a lot of puzzles and time wasters in the middle which can take some time if you don't know what you are doing

worst offender for me is the "push the statue in the hole" thing

In 4SE Lady has Nero's missions while Trish has Dante's, and Nero and Dante can't play each other's missions either. Only Vergil can play the whole game.

>Nero and Dante can't play each other's missions either
I mean, they're essentially the same

>How come DMC5 was so short?
DMC is not a priority series for capcom. If there is a DMC game in development you can be sure that there is a ResEvl game being give priority over it in every regard. Staff, talent, money, time and R&D. DMC doesn't get the numbers the other Cpm series get to recieve all of their considerations, like extras, follow up content, or even just a spin off.

Yeah, the game has content. Galleries, small adjustments, like music and announcer options, the void and a whole lot of written material to go through, but that is nothing. The written material doesn't do squad, the void is no longer an option after Bayonetta already did it in 1 and improved it in 2 and DmC added options, bloody palace is in too high a demand and the rest of the extras are not so outstanding that they'd compensate for the lack of costumes, more campaigns, flexibility for playable characters in other stages or even more weapons in the form of DLC or patches.

Attached: bg-story-chara-01.png (956x1350, 280K)

Don't forget entire missions of backtracking.

They are, but that only makes 4 comparetively shorter than 5.

You're supposed to run through the game like 30 times and then do Bloody Palace with everyone, both 3 and 4 were 20 missions.

That' is very different. Dante's campaign is Nero's but backwards. It be bad enough to play the game again with a different character, imagine playing it twice as the SAME character. Might well only play half and skip the other stages.

>no co op

I will never not be mad

Actual good DLC with new content fucking when? I want to pick the game up again but there’s no reason to do it atm.

Attached: 10A0CA56-A710-423C-BB92-EB9BB89F181E.jpg (358x496, 43K)

Theres a mod for 4, I think it's pretty close to being modded into 5.

It’s already been done for 5 but I gots nobody to play it with :(

>only one mission has co-op
>only one other mission has selectable characters
>most of the time other players are far away making it impossible to see what they're doing
What were they thinking?

When's the 10th chapter translatorfag

Attached: 1529173329690.png (357x319, 8K)

If Capcom weren't jews they could make a Vergil and Trish campaign and it'll probably add even more time and replayability.

Attached: 1551659996560.jpg (3840x2160, 1.91M)

>Naked Lady
>Normal Lady
>Battle-damaged Lady
>Jumpsuit Lady

>Does nothing in the plot
>"I'm just gonna go make sure"
>No DLC to be playable

Hey what did they mean by this?

Attached: 1553159969998m.jpg (576x1024, 70K)

probably next year

Mistranslated?

Every DMC only has 20 Missions.
DMC1 is actually super short, as a lot of Missions involve just moving from one room to the other or fighting in a single room or two.
DMC2 is a whole lot of nothing and large spaces, and too many boss fights where the boss is flying so all you can do is shoot at them for twenty minutes.
DMC3 has a lot of long stretches of traveling through the Temen ni Gru, often with long roundabout routes through retreaded territory, as well as a bunch of puzzles slowing things down and the boss rush at the end.
DMC4 also has long stretches of nothing, several mazes, backtracking, the dice room and the boss rush + dice staircase at the end.

DMC5 is a unique level in every mission, it's almost nonstop action, and it doesn't do anything to grind things to a halt.

He might be on vacation still.

Forgot to mention that DMC5 technically has more than 20 missions, as most of the missions that allow you to choose between Nero/V/Dante puts them in completely different paths on the same map that the other characters do not cross at all.

No, DMC5 has terrible pacing once you reach V levels. Nero says hi to V fighting Gilgamesh, but V never sees Nero in his part of the levels.

That'd only one mission, 7. 13 is the same for every character.

I think the double check thing was about Kalina Ann, which she had lost while fighting Urizen, which is why she asked Nico to make the second one.

You want an excuse? It's a new engine and they're not that experienced using it. Capcom has used MT for the longest time and most of their great games are made on it. See how their Unreal Engine fighting games are bad?

How's Astral Chain, does it scratch the DMC itch?

Attached: 1554420545248.png (584x575, 242K)

>V never sees Nero in his part of the levels.
V's mission starts before Nero fights Gilgamesh, isn't that why were knocking out his legs during V's mission?

If Itsuno put out a new Devil Arm for Dante or Breaker for Nero every month for $12.99, I would pay every month to have them.

Unlocking the original DMC3,4 costume of Vergil was a major cocktease. I'm salty no Vergil DLC is announced yet as the game seemed successful to warrant Vergil playability. I don't know why they'd not include that when they know long time fans of the series expect him to be playable.
I love 5 but I guess my entitlement got the better of me.

One of the better platinum games imo, gameplay has basically nothing to do with DMC though

She used all her plot importance in 3, so did Trish in 1. It's time for a new heroine to shine, Patty in 6

Time to get excited for literally nothing in 9 days

>I don't know why
After two special editions you should know why..

>He doesn't know

Attached: 1554614515352.png (641x491, 282K)

post yfw FUCK YOU

Attached: allright.jpg (720x779, 76K)

>He doesn't know
twitter.com/WikiMB/status/1166729411128909826

Attached: DANTE YES.png (900x243, 294K)

I never trust a frenchman

>the posted it on instagram
>and now they posted it on twitter
what's wrong with that?

I won't fall for your tricks

Attached: 1501304660920.jpg (467x480, 46K)

there wont be vergil DLC, the idea is that theyll jump from franchise to franchise and Vergil will be in another game.

>Vergil in Smash

Can you imagine. And people complained that FE characters were anime swordsmen.

>show me your MOVES
>now I’m MOTIVATED

>Vergil will be in another game.
>Not the game he's supposed to be in and fits in quite well
I swear Capcom.

How long before there's so many side characters you don't even get to play as Dante anymore? Besides the DMC4 development

Attached: live_action_dmc.jpg (650x837, 102K)

Maybe next game. I wouldn't mind if Dante took a break and they just expanded Nero some more, let you play as Lady and expand Nero's supporting cast. I love Dante more than you can even imagine, going so far as to have dreams in which I'm embraced by his ribs and wear him like a suit (except I don't control him, I just move as he moves) but just knowing that Dante isn't dead and can come back at any time is enough for me.

They'll probably have him retire or kill him off in the next game he's getting too old

Both DMC5 and RE2 sold above expectations yet we heard nothing about them. I think its likely that if they are working on something they won't be revealing it any time soon and that's fine. We know that DMC is not a dead franchise any more and that Capcom is interested in keeping the series alive. There is no point in doomposting just because half a year has gone by without a DLC announcement, before TGS even happens. Capcom is clearly trying to market Iceborne now and save their other reveals for after.

Or maybe they're having trouble finding staff to work on it because Itsuno already jumped ship and cannibalized the team to work on DD2, which was one of his conditions for not leaving Capcom after DmC.

If it doesn't show up at tgs what's the next event we can have our hopes and dreams dashed?

Attached: 1542782204873.jpg (1470x2048, 360K)

It's by far the longest DMC game though

next year's tgs

Game Awards I guess, though that really seems like the least likely event, maybe if it wins something they can announce DLC alongside it
After that it's basically over and the wait for a SE/DMC6 begins, as I really don't see Capcom announcing extra content for a single player game more than 10 months after launch

Attached: image00129.jpg (1357x1920, 361K)

I really really like how Dante's character devolved entirely into muh Vergil since DMC3.

he was always muh vergil even in one?

I think he mentions him once in 4, and not even by name
Vergil is the main antagonist in 5, why wouldn't he be thinking about him?

Dante's muh Vergil is like a little baby compared to Vergil's MUH Dante

You don't see a whole lot of shit giving when Vergil got blown up into the sky. Dante glances at the amulet and starts playing with his new daddy sword.

muh dark soul with light though

Reminder that DmC Definitive Edition was announced almost a year after release.

I feel like Capcom might just go for the 5SE route rather than baseline DLC. I'd take a more polished 5SE an extra campaign and other features than just DLC. They know that Vergil is a guaranteed money maker.

Wasn't there a brief birthday flashback, I don't remember if he even comments on it

>TGS
>Capcom shows all their games
>Final trailer shows a hellish landscape
>Yamato shows up
>"Vergil expansion pack"
>Vergil unsheathe Yamato
>Bits of Vergil gameplay
>"New enemies, new maps, new playable character"
>Final shot is SDT Vergil looking at the sky
>We hear something saying "You shall become my Nelo Angelo once more, Vergil"
>Vergil expansion trailer ends with Vergil mimicking DMC5 cover art but with Mundus eyes instead of the demonic tree

Attached: 1564724481053m.jpg (724x1024, 118K)

No comment. Honestly, Dante probably remembered Vergil jacked that last chocolate slice and was ready to cut the ties then and there.

>when you realize there's actually like 3 unique songs in the OST and the rest is just remixes of those songs and tracks from previous games

Attached: 1558639940169.jpg (951x720, 42K)

Mundus deserves a full game not to be wasted in a DLC

When Dante fought Nightmare, Nelo Angelo appeared in that realm that represented Dante's trauma.

Do the unique boss themes not exist?

>>Vergil expansion trailer ends with Vergil mimicking DMC5 cover art but with Mundus eyes instead of the demonic tree
ngl senpai that sounds pretty kino

Attached: 1551617879732.jpg (184x184, 6K)

Sounds good Itsuno, thanks for running that by us.

I wouldn't mind him being in a DLC as long he is cliffhanged for a sequel.

So he really cares about phantom and griffon too huh.

I was just joking about the insane number of remixes of Devil Trigger and Legacy in the game, as well as some for subhuman and the faded tones G,A,C

Every DMC game is like 8-10 hours at most on your first playthrough.

5 is still my GOAT, but it's getting harder and harder. So much good shit this year

Attached: 1554436507357.jpg (1388x638, 466K)

Yeah why not?

Who doesn't care about Phantom

soon

Attached: 1541958892773.png (650x590, 486K)

Vergil is a really expensive slut.

Attached: 1540950740640.jpg (3840x2160, 980K)

Mundus deserves to never return.

SAVIOUR

If they ever make a DMC2 remake, they should definitely make these
>SDT/MDT to be like how it was in DMC5 except redesigned to match DMC2 MDT
>Lucia with a unique gameplay style. Her devil hearts shoulf work like a mix between Nero's DB and Dante's styles
>Arius is the second villian and played by Argosax
>Argosax is the main villian
>Bolverk and Argosax has a more fleshed out lore
>Some bosses and enemies are re-designed
DMC2 had a really good concept and ideas, shame that Itsuno had little time and limited resources to work with.

Attached: D2HOM97W0AAZc_A.jpg (655x878, 147K)

Why

SAVOW
BLOODFIRE
HELLSTAIN
SHADOR

Because he's literally just a big bad demon. Any other villain save for Sanctus has been more interesting.

Dante already beat Mundus anyway, at this point he's not really a threat.

>"Dante I will return, and I will rule this world"
I would kek if Dante's and Vergil's campaing in DMC6 is just them visiting Mundus just for the shit and giggles
>Dante and Vergil are so OP that no one poses a threath to them
>Vergil tells Dante that he knows where Mundus is recovering
>Dante smiles like a retard
>Vergil smiles back
>Next scene is a portal opening in front of Mundus and Vergil and Dante showing up in their SDT form
>After credits fight is just them fighting against each other on top of Mundus body while some demons show just to be sliced up by their trading blows
>Mundus final words are "Oh no..."

Attached: 1527f5f0621189b7c86a825def7c55950f147db3.png (1800x967, 1.02M)

>Mundus isn't the big bad demon but just a mid boss
>get a mundus devil arm from him that dante or vergil uses

>Final BTFO is Vergil shaming Mundus until his soul turns into a sword "Devil Sword Mundus"
>Vergil fuses Yamato with it and creates his Devil Sword Vergil
>Mundus soul became Vergil's version of a "Nelo Angelo"
>Vergil is now know by the demons as a rad motherfucker that is carrying aeound the last demon king as a punishment

Attached: 1566195304892.jpg (515x514, 60K)

Just bring back 2 Dante design and I'm good senpai

Attached: 1531141991187.jpg (1200x572, 696K)

>Enter the Danteverse
How would the different versions get along?

6 will have to introduce a new underworld, or dimension. They're just too fucking overpowered at this point, how do you even write around Yamato bullshittery without taking it from Vergil again

It has always 20 missions.

If Mundus gets turned into a devil arm Vergil should be the one to use it he deserves it mor desu

We'll just get a Special Edition packed with what should've been DLC or content patches 5 years down the line, at full price, as a separate title that's not available as an upgrade for base game owners.

everyone would just shit on donte

gotta wait for that special edition

Devil6 needs to have the following characters playable at launch: Dante, Vergil, Nero.
The DLC should add story chapters for certain characters that are separate from the main story, and playable characters Trish, Lady, Demi-Fiend summoning demons with V's playstyle , Sparda, and Bayonetta.
Include another ultra hard game mode besides DMD and Hell and Hell called Angelo Mode, in which you play as a Proto Angelo.

He'd get along fine with edgy 2 Dante

got a good point there

What would Devil Sword Mundus plus Yamato look like?

>how do you even write around Yamato bullshittery without taking it from Vergil again
Until they decide to catapult Nero as the protagonist, they have to shove more powerful demons into the plot and extend it into two parts
>Some demon as powerful as Sparda finds a way to set even more powerful
>Also a Keikaku master that found a way to turn Dante into a Angelo
>Vergil and Nero has two new powerful enemies
I really don't know how they will fit the Sparda bros in the next game, their power makes some situation either lacking danger or unbelievable(like why didn't Dante teleported toward V when he was on top of Urizen?)

my pet guess is that they spent half the budget on the fucking van

Dante is basically the face of the genre. I don't think they will ever find a character that could carry the series without him. Not even Vergil can carry the series without Dante. Dude is going to be like 80 and still woohooing on enemies.

First we need to imagine how a DSM would be like, Mundus shows himself in two different forms but his true form is completly different, so which one would he be? And then we mix some of these details with Yamato's plus Vergil's, and then we get a DSV.

This is how he looks like, so a DSV should be similar to this.

Attached: images (54).jpg (479x640, 45K)

Leave Vergil alone. He's just tsundere for his little brother.

Attached: 1546183540885.jpg (607x1024, 79K)

DMC1 had 23
DMC2 had unique Lucia missions on launch
Same. I also like how they made both Vergil and Dante dumber

It'll might take after Mundus' angelic form since his true form is actually just a goo monster.

What the FUCK did Dante say on Dmc3 Real Impact? Test this?

Catch this!
Rising dragon!

my bad kids, i meant capcom now has the DMC engine figured out and can make DMC6 which will be with Vergil.

>Dude is going to be like 80 and still woohooing on enemies.
He better be, I'm not ready to see Dante going through a microwave hallway in my lifetime

I'm pretty sure he's deredere at the end of 5

Wish I could try Astral Chain but I refuse to buy a switch.

>DSV

Vergil's devil weapon should be gauntlets. It would fit better with how his sin DT actually looks.

DMC1 still feels short. I’m pretty sure there are mission early in you can do in under a minute or two

>You're supposed to run through the game like 30 times
V stopped my SoS run. So boring.

the real problem i had was with the crazy combo followup
apparently it's CENTER OF GRAVITY but fuck me if it's not hard to hear

V is fun though. He’s actually got some pretty good combo mads

Will never not be a gigantic middle finger to Lady fans. Fuck Itsuno.

4 and 5 pretty much set up Nero to replace him as the new main character

this

Vergil can't carry anything. He's the series Vegeta at this point. No idea why people like him. He exists to be trounced.

Fuck Lady, Trish is better
>poster girl for devil may cry
>part of the original trio
>cool ass lightning powers
>uses Sparda
>long blonde

Sure he can be fun. Doesn't mean I'm not thinking the entire time "were I sure wish I could play as Dante right now."

I finished SoS but I won't even bother with DMD mode or higher lol.

Shit game desu
youtube.com/watch?v=zc7W2t8nfT0

>Fuck Lady, Trish is better
What evil lurks...

>"were I sure wish I could play as Dante right now."
Sums up every level I played as V.

Ok you're forgiven.

>You are crowded!

>It would fit better with how his sin DT actually looks.
What? His SDT has fricking elbow blades and a tail.

You’ll get to him eventually
V>Dante>Nero combat

Wonder what else that user predicted.

Attached: 1567411155360.jpg (2160x3840, 616K)

>V stopped my SoS run. So boring.

I really don't get the hate for V. People are exaggerating. I like playing at V.

Attached: 1554525998871.webm (926x568, 617K)

I checked this guy's channel and every single video is "WHY POPULAR THING IS BAD".
What a fucking loser.

Attached: monoma laughing at you.png (287x421, 95K)

Get out

No

Only shitters and newfags like V.

It doesn't matter if they're setting him up to be a protagonist. He wont be able to carry the series.

You're a rare breed

Attached: 1544615840856.jpg (600x500, 57K)

youtube.com/watch?v=x271zWD-87s
Literally untrue

>>uses Sparda
user....

Attached: fucking why.jpg (587x954, 53K)

Well the we should've seen the twist coming but people were stuck on the Vdust theory.

V is pretty fun but he has some problems
the most notable one being target swapping enemies or chasing down enemies after a knockback or after a boss repositions

Those kissable lips

Attached: 1563353351413m.jpg (341x1024, 49K)

the only person doing combo mads for V is sakaki.

I THINK YOU SUCK

Attached: 1544467436924.jpg (463x411, 49K)

>try Balrog only
>realize I don't need anything else
Dodges, damage, stun, style. Thing's got it all. That backwards somersault is the safest move in the game. You can parry/dodge anything with near 0 risk.

Seems like his method is to get views by being a contrarian mostly. His arguments are elementary-tier baby garbage. I'm not even going to bother watching any more videos.

I think he can now that people have gotten used to him he has a good playstyle that can be even further developed and a fun personality

Attached: Air Guitar.webm (722x880, 985K)

Well I didn't say he was perfect. The one thing that truly annoys me is when you're trying to do your finishing blow and something gets in the way he just stops. It could be a fucking pole and it's like he can't figure out how to get around it.

TGS is my last hope. After TGS, I can finally rest...

Shitting on the Vergilfags was kinda fun when we found out about Urizen but I enjoyed the Vdust trolling as well.

I like that he’s human and that there’s no get out of jail free Devil Trigger option, there’s a bit of risk involved especially in DMD
I hope she gets an Alastor clone

Attached: 8B5D9CD9-8E77-4AFC-A0CA-55571D3B8B05.jpg (850x1133, 193K)

He was already the face of 5 it's not impossible

Cry more

>He doesn't know

Attached: 1546511013288.gif (175x272, 336K)

Attached: B3B2C71C-8D8B-472E-B9E5-13B8949F547D.png (851x768, 771K)

user pls, I’m so tired. Let me rest...

Yet he release these 2 videos before that one:

youtube.com/watch?v=aU1ISUDVqnM
youtube.com/watch?v=aOtLKtDkEOc

He's just a clickbaiting faggot.

>get out of jail free Devil Trigger option
What is Nightmare

Attached: 1566421944121.gif (268x350, 2.96M)

>He seriously doesn't know

Attached: 1548050246755.png (411x679, 537K)

Not to mention the summon canes move, which is 100% iframes, can be activated on the ground or in the air, and costs only 1 bar of DT. It’s incredibly powerful.

Nightmare at least needs to kill things before getting green orbs, and isn’t as effective on DMD

user..

I think he says
>You're grounded!
But who knows

Oh, it's your channel? How embarrassing.

Use hooktube for this

>Just bring back 2 Dante design and I'm good senpai
>No 1-4 costume select
>No mix and match every game's coat, shirt, pants, hair, etc plus dyes and accessories
Please Capcom I just want to create the most fashionable Dante.

Attached: 1541280284145.png (900x1200, 91K)

>"RISING FAGGOT"

What do you mean?
Nero's already the poster child of 5 and the hype as fuck reveal trailer was completely dedicated to him he can carry the series just fine
youtube.com/watch?v=KMSGj9Y2T9Q

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-5.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

Thought that doesn't work anymore.

Works for me. Also don't bother with that video, it's some stupid attempt at being a parody and contrarian for the sake of it, it's worse than an average Yea Forums post.

why even live

Attached: 1544480576291.gif (600x900, 130K)

Yeah, but would his DA be what he pretends to be or what he really is? That's the question.

Don't think so, his DSV would be a, well, a sword but probably a demonic katana since his soul is already fused with Yamato, and Yamato is a katana, so when he awakens his DSV it would be more of a katana like how Dante's is a great sword.
Just don't expect to have a proper solid form, a DSV would probably be a a weapon either made by pure energy/fire or have some parts of it that is energy/fire.

Attached: 1564249908524.jpg (566x879, 98K)

M8, his theme song became DMC's anthem, the reveal trailer was mostly about him, the game was about his character development, his gameplay was the one most flashed out, and people seems to like him.
Is not like what they did to Prototype, Nero is more then enough to carry the series while Dante shows up then and now as a DLC character.

I object to that first comment. Devil Trigger is just a more likable and meme potent song for many people.

You're sticking too much to what's already been done. DSD is cool because it brings something new to the table, just giving Vergil DSV would be lame if it didn't give him some new mechanic.

That turns out to be his battle theme, played in a trailer that mostly about him and is played in every trailer when he is show.
user, you may not like it, but deadweight isn't a light weight anymore.

>it brings something new to the table, just giving Vergil DSV would be lame if it didn't give him some new mechanic.
And who said it wouldn't? Is up to them to decide what would be DSV's gimmick, either passive damage caused by cuts in the dimension or some ability to summon Vergil's inner nighmares, I don't know.
On the moment, we are debating what it would look like.

My dude, I liked Nero in DMC4. I don't think that means I'd be willing to give up the delightful combat you get from Dante with style-switching and Devil Arms changing. DMC5 Nero is a lot of fun, but just having one melee weapon and the devil arms isn't enough for me.

And what it looks like would depend on what it did, like what happens with DSD. SDT Vergil already has those elbow blades so it's probably just going to be Yamato being split into two if they ever do it.

Attached: 1556597675052.jpg (1500x936, 205K)

DSV is going to be the Masamune honest, this long ass sword would be a lot of fun to use in a hack and slash game

Attached: ss-1.png (640x461, 210K)

DSD apparence is more of a extension of Dante's true power, and not what it can do. When DSV shows up, it would probably be a extension of Vergil's own power and the blue fire will probably be a part of it, but the possibility of it splitting in two different swords could very well be it's gimmick.

Attached: 20190302_144255.jpg (1918x1079, 1003K)

>became DMC's anthem
Please don't make me laugh. DT was simply an okay song and the first one they released, thus making all the initial celebration of DMC's return focused on that song. This was of course clearly orchestrated by devs to favor Nero.
If they really cared about the fans, Dante would've been the first one to appear with a banging industrial metal track instead of getting a few seconds at the end of the trailer and with subdued guitar riffs.
And don't give me that "but they were keeping him as a surprise". The protagonist of DMC should not be presented as a damn surprise in his own franchise.

That's because they shafted Dante's theme. DMC5 as a whole seems to be more favorable towards Nero, story and presentation wise.

Devil Trigger is ultimately a remix of Devils Never Cry, kinda same how Nero is a remix of Dante. I don't know why is Itsuno so hellbent on forcing a watered down version of an already existing character. Probably because he considers Nero his creation in the same way he thinks of Vergil. Coincidental or not Nero is Vergil's son and DMC5 focused mainly on those two.

I don't mind Dante not being the protagonist anymore, however the way it's done and considering who is meant to succeed him is rather dissatisfying and almost insulting.

Not sure if it would become just a "bigger katana", it could probably be just a little bit longer, but it would be mostly the same, Vergil already has a uchigatana and these swords are freaking big.

>almost insulting
Kid, have you ever played Prototype 2? Halo 5? Gears of War 5? Mortal Kombat X? If anything, Dante got the best of all "passing the torch" of vidya.

Attached: 20190210_144340.jpg (249x363, 34K)

Best Thread.

Attached: 23ef727c8c9522528a738d6695e3b9d1.jpg (800x450, 98K)

>How come DMC5 was so short? Did they run out of development time
all DMC games are 20 missions roughly

>please don't make me laugh
I don't know what to say user it's clearly the most popular song and the one they used in all of the marketing like it or not I think that qualifies it as being the theme song

Attached: dmc5 songs.png (870x474, 172K)

or just play the PC version

>OMG SMASH SMASH
shut the fuck up you fucking faggot, go to one of your 1000 other threads, manchild

>Kid, have you ever played Prototype 2?
Nigger Prototype is one of my favorite games, I don't need you to tell me about it.
>uh but other games had it worse
I'm not talking about the other games. I talking solely about DMC here.
>it's okay because it could've been worse
That's a horrible argument
>passing the torch
This doesn't make it any better. Nero is barely half as good as Dante was in his games. Nero will forever bee a cheap generic shonen protagonist no matter how many glowing arms he grows.
I already explained this, it's the first one to come out which gave it the main focus and it's also the easiest song to listen to casually even by people who don't play the games. And between you and me I think this modern EDM music is ill suited for DMC.

Regardless, calling it "the anthem of DMC" is ridiculous.

Dante is getting too old to be a cuhrazy woohoo action hero it's time for someone younger to take over(unless you really want MGS4: DMC edition)
Nero is the only one who can replace him unless they invent another OC character but you'll probably hate them just as much

At first I thought it was a joke but this man clearly is just throwing generic insults to be an asshole.

I didn't like DMC5 but if one of your arguments is that the game has graphics that belong in the last gen then you are talking out of your ass and just hating for hate's sake. For all of it's flaws there is no denying that the game looks gorgeous and this fucker isn't interested in the truth, only in being a bitch.

Also, I like the correlation he made that DMC fans are the kind of people that punch themselves in the face while they talk. I know the man's never met on in real live but I'm assuming he just met someone who got crazy on him and was punching themselves in the face and probably thought 'this motherfucker's crazy. He must me a DMC fan.' No real connection, he just makes retarded assumptions.

>40 is old
Since when zoomer

I think it's delusion to think it's anything but the anthem just because you personally don't like the song
What is the theme song then if not Devil Trigger? Crimson Cloud? Subhuman?

Dante is 50

He's early 40's you retarded zoomer

It would be easier for Capcom to make DMC2 open source than for them to remake it

Are you high? He's on his mid 40s tops. Vergil conceived Nero when he was around 18.

Boomer Dante became a meme for a reason
Even if he's actually in his 40's he already looks old and by the next game he'll be even older

Attached: ee5.png (1876x1200, 123K)

DMC5 felt like the longest one to me, or at least the best paced imo.

>starts the game
>ends the game
>has the most missions
>actually interacts with V, the important part of Vergil
>isn't knocked out for half the game
>saves his boomer uncle and father from repeating tragedy of their past
Imagine thinking Nero isn't the protagonist of DMC5.

Attached: 1545620836569.jpg (832x1024, 45K)

>Nigger Prototype is one of my favorite games, I don't need you to tell me about it.
So why the fuck you act like Dante got Alex'ed? Yourself said it was so bad to the point of being disrespectful, but you don't have any idea what bad really is, and this is supposed to be coming from someone who "loves Prototype".

>Nero is barely half as good as Dante was in his games. Nero will forever bee a cheap generic shonen protagonist no matter how many glowing arms he grows.
That's your own personal preference and opinion, only Dantefags would rage if Nero became the main protagonist, but most of the people would be ok if he got the main focus.
The only real problem is how limited Nero's gameplay style is when compared to Dante's, and this is the best point made about Nero staying and Dante going.

Shave his beard and Dante's visible age drops by 15

Attached: 1544862225303.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

>Dante doesn't like using Devil Trigger because he stubbornly considers himself human and hates having his body changed into that of a demon

Attached: 1560840622730.jpg (1920x1061, 287K)

26 yr olds call themselves boomers I don't believe they know the difference
>dante looks old
blind retarded zoomer

We posting headcanons?
>Vergil refuses to use devil trigger against most opponents because he doesn't consider them worthy

>Dante is getting old
And? Geralt from Witcher is around 60 but that didn't stop him. Who's to say that Dante can't just stop again once he gets to a certain point?
It's not like they couldn't have made another prequel in the period between 3 and 1 anyway.

What are you even talking about? DMC as a whole or DMC5 only. If DMC5 then you should be clear on that. If it's DMC than it's obviously Devil's Never Cry.

I already told you. Saying "well at least it's not bad like in this other game" doesn't make it better, why can't you understand. It's insulting because they're trying to kill off Dante in favor off a lesser version of him and also they keep making Dante's character worse to further his goal.

>but most of the people would be ok if he got the main focus.
Heh, yeah okay buddy. You're obviously already sold on Ichigo so there's no point on going any further with this.

It's from Before the Nightmare, it's official canon.

Damn it I meant to quote this guy as well

I unironically thought that the colored diamonds next to the missions mean't I got to replay them as the characters, before I realized it's just who "starred" in them.
Very disappointing, and killed my ambition to replay because playing V isn't fun at all.

Capcom uses him like a special edition whore and they even made it canon with his tastes and air of superiority over others! He even has sex and made an illegitimate child! Vergil is a high class whore!

They'll obviously add more to his character in the next game just like how 5 introduced devil breakers 6 can refine them further or add something completely new
Just compare the jump in quality for Dante from 3 to 4 with real time style switching if they can pull off something similar with Nero he'll be a fine replacement for Dante

Is that a correct translation?

It's not word-for-word if that's what you're asking, but that's what the line means. It happens when he goes DT against Urizen during the portion of the novel that covers the prologue of 5.

I meant for 5 but for it also works for modern DMC as a whole since so many new fans were introduced to the series by it
I honestly prefer it to devils never cry but that's up to personal preference

What is the "deadweight" comment in Japanese? I feel like that's kind of a strange thing for Dante to say about Nero.

This game, it looks SO good. What the fuck.

Attached: 601150_20190531130339_1.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

Then the translation for the novel is decent?

>Nero is barely half as good as Dante was in his games
Nero in 5 > Dante in 1-3 he's objectively a more developed character gameplay wise

>but most of the people would be ok if he got the main focus.
No, you people are ignoring one key thing, 5 Dante was by far the one favoured by most people to play, taking away people's favoured one wouldn't go well, before 5 you could have an argument for Dante to pass the torch, but 5Dante killed any chance of that ever happening

RE engine is black magic

Dumping more screenshots if you guys don't mind

Attached: 601150_20190902230218_1.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

It's good enough I'd say, though there are small portions where it feels like it was google translated.
That said, some autist on reddit did a grammar and formatting edit and uploaded it, which is a fair bit better. Though it comes at the cost of removing the few images that come with the novel.

Reading it for myself, there's actually so many neat details that were left out of the overall summary made when the novel first dropped, as well as things that were misconstrued of misunderstood thanks to it.

Attached: 601150_20190531123956_1.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

What impresses me more than the raw visuals themselves is how well it runs in spite of it.
There are games released around the same time that look 1/3rd as good and only run 1/3rd as well

Attached: 1543879212714.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

Nice

Great, I'll start reading it then.

Post YFW
FUCK YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=W26PZOktM3s

Attached: Forthington.png (349x374, 115K)

I know right? It is absolutely crazy, never once did I experience any frame rate issues.

Thank you.

Attached: 601150_20190531103701_1.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

I seriously don't care how easy Vergil seemed during the first playthrough, Silver Bullet made me fucking diamonds.

Attached: 1567308041575.gif (300x167, 894K)

>5 Dante was by far the one favoured by most people to play
Mostly everyone loved to play as DMC5 Dante, is literally the magnus opus of Dante gameplay since it perfected what was clumsily stabilished in DMC4, but this doesn't mean Nero also can't reach a better gameplay ground.

There is objectively nothing to be done with Dante. Both in gameplay terms and narratively, Dante is completed. Dante has already found his motivation in 3 and fulfilled it in 1. The weapons he has in 5 are the best he's ever got, style-switching is practically perfected and SDT is DT taken to its logical conclusion.

In comparison, Nero, Vergil and even Trish and Lady still have much more room for growth. Nero has yet to prove himself as Dante's replacement and his breaker system leaves a lot to be desired. Vergil has to prove he isn't a power-crazed maniac anymore and in terms of gameplay he has yet to actually be properly featured in a game. Trish and Lady as a whole each, though they couldn't carry a game, could easily be made into their own characters rather than Dante expies.

This isn't to say there shouldn't be more Dante. There's nothing wrong with featuring Dante and he can get more weapons and maybe a style. He can be a bonus character with everything he's got and maybe past weapons. But there's no reason to prioritize Dante when the franchise could spend time on the other characters that need it more. There's just more things to do with everyone else. Part of what makes this series fun is being able to acquiere more abilities as you go on, and Dante can't offer much in terms of that as Nero or Vergil could. You just can't make Dante get a new DT every game.

Attached: 1566240986837.png (1162x762, 387K)

>In game special DT animation in a middle of a boss battle
>FUCK YOU!
Shit was pure gold.

Attached: 20190903_113946.jpg (464x536, 162K)

Dump as much as you want, I have a shit computer so I'll never get to see the game as it should be seen.

the city was criminally underutilized
fuck the sewer/industrial levels

Sorry about that, hope you'll be able to experience the game in it's full glory in the near future

The city was definitely very cool. Though personally I didn't mind the tree stages that much

Attached: 601150_20190410152403_1.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Even though the execution was bad, I think DMC4 had the right idea in terms of what to do with Dante. He was the overpowered wacky uncle who had all the information while everyone else was playing catch up. They even tried to trick the player into thinking Dante was the bad guy by making his first appearance him slaughtering a church and being mute. I kind of liked the idea of all the Nero levels being easy as shit for Dante because he's already so strong and developed compared to the struggling real protagonist.

I would love if they could make 20 missions worth of content that is playable with any character. Or they make 3 10 mission routes where you play as the characters as their stories weave in and out. If Dante was the last unlockable route, with all his weapons and styles and whatnot, it would work pretty well as mechanics/skill progression.

The problem is that people really like Dante and want to play as Dante as much as possible.

Attached: nero combo 4.webm (640x360, 2.2M)

There's this amazing mod for mission 19-20 that changes the lightning and it just looks so cool
nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/365

Attached: 601150_20190902232120_1.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

This is some hardcore autism user. Did some Nero cosplayer shit in your cereal or something?

Like, waaaaaaaaaay better to listen to than audio vomit like a flinch in your eye. Dante's battle themes peaked with DMC1.

Repost because I'm retarded

Well that's stupid. Dante only shied away from his demon heritage in 3. From there on he was supposed to fully accept his demonic legacy. Even Kamiya said that Dante is pumped to use his DT. Yeah sure he also said that Dante ages like human when not in DT, but why would Dante decide to die?
He knows he's pretty much the only one who can guard the human world against demons and he doesn't seem the type to have children.

Ah that's right it's because "Nero's here that he can go". I see.
Sorry user, but that's some horrible taste.
>Nero in 5 > Dante in 1-3
Another case of poor taste. Also the gameplay argument means little when they could've added a grab focused weapon, shuffle and air stinger to Dante.
>But Nero is more than that!
Yeah sure, but all that development time could've been used to give Dante more weapons and styles. Most of Nero's gameplay is rehash of Dante's and Vergil's anyway.

I bet DMC6 is again going to be botched by having two or more characters with haphazard campaigns, since it's obvious they're not given enough budget to do it properly. We'll never get that perfect DMC game since devs are more focused on trying to please everyone instead of focusing on perfecting the game.
Nero sucks and is a poor addition, that's all there is to it. The reason people started to accept him is because DmC was that bad.

All thee games are pretty short. To be honest if they were any longer I think you'd lose interest towards the end. Fast paced games like beat-em-ups that focus purely on combat and nothing else shouldn't be that long because they can wear you out otherwise. It's not like a JRPG which are slowpaced and mostly on steady exploration and plot, which can last 100 hours without you getting worn out.

would fuck up the plot desu. Also having V be Virgin was a cop out. It shows they're too stupid to write a new character.

DMC5 would be perfect if it wasn't for V
Splitting it 50/50 Dante and Nero and dividing V's levels and bosses between them would have been great

>perfected
They were close but the removal inertia, reversals, and gravity nerf really hold him back from being an outright superior choice.

I honestly hope Nero and Vergil don't get Devil Swords. At best, it'd be cool if Dante lent his sword to Nero or something. I like that moment being special for Dante.

Attached: 808b0dc.jpg (1300x919, 384K)

>would fuck up the plot desu.
That never stopped 3 or 4 or Bloody palace?

Nah I don't think the plot matters. Vergil's campaigns in 3 and 4 worked decently enough.
>Also having V be Virgin was a cop out. It shows they're too stupid to write a new character.
Agreed. V was interesting and would've been a better addition to the franchise than Nero, but nope it's just Vergil again. Shame.

>DMC5 would be perfect if it wasn't for V
I can't agree it would've been perfect, but they got way too ambitions with trying to have 3 playable characters with as tight of a budged as DMC5 seemed to have.

>The problem is that people really like Dante and want to play as Dante as much as possible.
the real issue is the fact that in the end, gameplay wise every other character is just a modified Dante
>Vergil was cool as an extra character in 3SE, as it wasn't designed around him
his moveset was really different, but limited as fuck; and simple shit like traversing/secret missions between fights as Vergil was like walking on hands most of the time
sure it required creativity, but you can't expect normies to enjoy a gimped campaign (even if it was a tacked on bonus thing)
>Nero's gimmick was sort of enough to carry 4
>when they tried to create a completely new playstyle with V it fell flat
>the Breaker system is a great idea, but the implementation is mediocre
ultimately Nero was made deeper not by the robo-arms, but the QoL stuff they implemented in 5

I'd really like the next game to be Vergil+Nero focused, but it'd require them to seriously rework/expand on how those characters work, otherwise everyone will be like, 'yeah im playing a gimped Dante'

>I think DMC4 had the right idea in terms of what to do with Dante.
I agree. It felt like part of the challenge in the game was living up to Dante's legend as a player.

>If Dante was the last unlockable route, with all his weapons and styles and whatnot, it would work pretty well as mechanics/skill progression.
Problem is there's only so much you can ask a new player to handle. A post-5 Dante would have to cut off half his arsenal to be accessible to new players. I guess you could still add extra old weapons as DLC?

What if Dante gets captured and separated from DSD somehow and Vergil has to rescue him using Dante's own sword.

Attached: d6u97cw-f5a90d23-905a-4887-9adf-35f0f12730b5.png (512x449, 200K)

If they had just dropped V entirely and designed the campaign around just Dante and Nero DMC5 would be 100x more fun to replay than it actually is currently.

Also fuck the break mechanic for devil breakers, who's stupid ass thought that was a competent idea right after the amount of complaints Nero got for being limited with tools in 4.

>V was interesting and would've been a better addition to the franchise than Nero
>with his edgy poetry reading and awful combat
Come on I know you don't like Nero but V is so much worse

I'm sure they'll ditch the break mechanic and develop the breakers more in 6 maybe make them more like normal weapons

I can see where he's coming from though. As a secondary character V is great and he doesn't have to be anything more than that. Imagine if DMC4 had been 5's story but without Nero, just Dante and the mysterious V.

>V
>edgy
come on now, he's far from being edgy

Attached: 1554907329057.jpg (1920x1080, 879K)

DSD would be deadweight in Vergil's hands, he wouldn't be able to unleash its power.

V being Vergil as well him being the main villain was a mistake, Vergil owes his entire popularity towards being the rival of a beloved icon. DMC5 committing the sin of making his return extremely fanservicey as well as the final encounter being vastly worse than DMC3's soured me on the character greatly and I fucking hate it.

>without Nero, just Dante and the mysterious V.
No sweaty you have awful taste.

I just want to be able to cycle between breakers it would really open up Nero's moveset

Maybe edgy was the wrong word he's more pretentious they tried too hard to make him seem cool

DMC4 Dante being the crazy pizza hobo shitposter obi-wan uncle Nero needed was blessed, and I will be eternally sad we didn't get more of that. But god damn it shows that the last 1/3 of that games development was gimped.
DMC2 had some pretty rad music too.
youtube.com/watch?v=t85HzA80ysQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DiR09tD4wg0

but user he IS cool...

Attached: 1555017296191.jpg (1000x892, 596K)

I think DMC5 endgame Nero is not a modified Dante. He's differentiated enough to feel like his own person. He has a sword and a gun and there's jump cancelling, but playing the two feels completely different.

You're right that it wasn't the devil breakers that fleshed out Nero in a good direction, since they're just poor style/weapon change imitations, but the DT changes were the biggest things that fleshed Nero as his own entity. Bringer Knuckle is the single most impactful change to Nero's identity in 4 and 5. I also think the other big part of Nero isn't actually the ACT system, but the way Blue Rose works. Small ammunition count, bigger damage hits, and delayed explosion juggles are huge for making Nero distinct in his playstyle.

I really hope they do something ACT in the future to evolve it in ways similar to what they've done to BR and his DT. Right now it's a fun little minigame to play that slightly changes his combo speed. It's not really that important to his playstyle. Doing things with it like DoTs on enemy by setting them on fire or leaving fire trails in the wake of EX moves could be fun, but they've already done the latter with Trish, so I don't really know what they'd do.

Attached: dt knuckle 3.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

>edgy poetry
His poetry is not edgy, nor he's an edgy character only the way he dresses.
>awful combat
Not talking about gameplay, but as a character. V would be a good addition because of his weird, somewhat quirky personality and how different he is compared to Dante.
>I know you don't like Nero
Wrong, I don't hate Nero and I kinda liked him in 4, I just think he's a poor addition to the series and is actively damaging it and the way he's executed and presented is detrimental to the actual protagonist.
>As a secondary character V is great and he doesn't have to be anything more than that
Pretty much.
>Imagine if DMC4 had been 5's story but without Nero, just Dante and the mysterious V.
Interestingly enough Nero was originally imagined as a similar character to V, but devs got scared people won't like him and made him a Dante clone instead.

He was never going to die though and he'd have his return be made a big deal. V being Vergil is a great idea that allowed us to see more of him.

>hard to make him seem cool
Vergil's cool so that makes him cool.

Nero's mission starts like a few minutes before then. It's why they ended up running into each other after the boss fight reaches a certain point.

He's fun BECAUSE he's pretentious. Reading poetry to your enemies like a wise-ass is great.

Attached: nicholson-joker-best-comic-movie-villain.jpg (650x363, 42K)

*ahem*
youtu.be/wTE56kl2wt8

>Pretentious
>they tried too hard to make him seem cool
Remember that scene where Gilgamesh appeared and V was all "Sometimes it's wise to retreat because William Blake" and then it started walking closer and he just visibly fucking panicked and ran away?
DMC is incredibly tongue-in-cheek; Vergil's the only character who's taken 100% seriously, and even then he's STILL silly by the very nature of being a literal katana-wielding trenchcoat-wearing *teleports behind u*-ing chuuni wet dream. And then at the end of 5 even he and Dante are straight up arguing like kids.

Attached: laughing shakespearean actor.png (1066x713, 739K)

>move called Real Impact
>Dante says "RISING DRAGON"
>move called Rising Dragon
>Dante doesn't say Rising Dragon
Still bugs me.

Attached: 1567490253102.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Shit, I'll pitch in, too.

Attached: 7260b4f0-5010-11e9-8fbe-0239f62f5ea8.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

Good post but I have to disagree on exceed not being an important part of Nero. Exceed is a great pay-off mechanic and is vital to keeping style going with Nero. Similarly with the breakers, it's breaking that really makes them satisfying to use and it makes him different very from Dante. There's a constant feeling with Nero that you gotta keep pushing it and go all in thanks to exceed, breaking and charge shot, whereas with Dante it's more about your options and how they connect to each other. Nero is a lot more intuitive and more about using all your mechanics at once.

Attached: 601150_20190406181131_1.png (1920x1080, 3.2M)

V is visual kino for most of the game.

Attached: f3beb010-5010-11e9-94a3-062f4cd673d8.jpg (1920x1080, 126K)

>Vergil owes his entire popularity towards being the rival of a beloved icon
Well put. Even the DMC3/4/5 writer said he'd never make a game solely about Vergil because he's boring on his own and only works as a contrast to Dante. Making a game that focuses so much on him was obviously an act of fan service.

>V being Vergil is a great idea that allowed us to see more of him.
The idea might sound good on paper and also implies that Vergil was some complex character with a hidden personality, which he really isn't imo and neither is Dante. They are simple clean cut characters or at least were until DMC5 decided that wasn't enough for some reason.
Another problem is that V isn't much like Vergil at all. He's a completely different person, hell Dante and Vergil have more in common than V and Vergil. It doesn't give more insight to the character, just an "what if" scenario. They even wanted to make V a woman originally.

Since two grapples would be redundant, in DMC6 they can keep Snatch bound to R1+R2 and give the Breakers directional moves. This means Nero can potentially get sub-weapons with entire functional movesets, using forward and back inputs. Since he's very likely to keep RQ and BR as his core moveset, this also means they moves are less likely to be lunges and launchers, and instead be unique moves covering more specialized niches.

Attached: 1554053060457.jpg (699x767, 154K)

yes

Attached: 601150_20190406173653_1.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

With his demon familiar, his main color being black and his poetry reading he really makes the series feel gothic again.

Guy I need to tell you something. I love Vergil so much. He's the best husbando!

Attached: EAFEUGDU0AI40OM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.1M)

he doesn't love you back fag

Shut up, and I'm not a fag.

Attached: 1562714445161.jpg (3840x2160, 656K)

>V isn't much like Vergil at all.
You take out the retarded poetry and he's exactly like him. Read the manga and pay attention. V is likable because he has Vergil's attitude and past, the muh soft goth boy is literally because of that.

>It doesn't give more insight to the character, just an "what if" scenario
Many people have asked for what happened to Vergil between 3 and now and that's the way they decided to do it and it's not a what if its called character development something Vergil didn't get in any of the games yet and that 5 was all about.

Best husbando is Dante.

Attached: 1561863379068.jpg (1035x1810, 528K)

ONE

>You take out the retarded poetry
>calling the fact that Vergil likes poetry retarded when the character he's named after in Divine Comedy is fucking poet

Attached: 1552441594131.png (880x962, 613K)

By today's standards, Dante's Divine Comedy is much more "based" than William Blake's writings.
How long until we get a character that references Ovid or Lucan?

I'm sorry Virgil but poetry is gay
But that just makes the V connection even better and btfo the haters

its the lack of puzzles

>while in hell Dante finds Vergil's old room and Vergil had been writing sad poems to pass time

Attached: 1548593927701.jpg (900x640, 240K)

Here's what I want from DMC5 in the future:

>DMC5:SE comes with Vergil, Lady, and Trish.
>Vergil is playable in a co-op campaign with his brother where they explore and eventually escape the Underworld. This results in Vergil getting 2 completely new Devil Arms never-before-seen in the DMC series.
>Lady and Trish get a co-op campaign where they fight off demons for Morrison's job.
>Trish will get familiar Devil Arms of Devil May Cry past and Lady will get familiar firearms as well.
>Completing the characters' respective campaigns will unlock for use in Bloody Palace and in the main story missions as well.
>Next gen and PC will get Turbo and Legendary Dark Knight mode.
>Next gen and PC will get in-game character models with cutscene fidelity.
>The game is also rebalanced slightly with some tools getting useful buffs (Ragtime).
>V gets down trick and the ability to combine summons together.
>DLC weapons like the Mega Buster and Cavaliere R are usable in Bloody Palace.
>Every character gets 2 true alternate costumes:
>Nero gets his default and prototype DMC4 outfits (default gets original DT design, prototype gets the stand).
>Dante gets his DMC2 and DMC4 outfits (Sin DT resembles Majin DT from DMC2 and Dreadnought from DMC4 respectively).
>V gets an outfit inspired by Arkham and a Nelo Angelo outfit complete with recolored summons to resemble their DMC1 counterparts.
>Vergil gets his classic DMC3 outfit and his corrupted Vergil outfit (with Nelo Angelo DT).
>Trish gets a true Gloria alternate and a costume inspired by her DMC1 concept art.
>Lady gets her DMC3 and DMC4 costumes.
>3 more music tracks from the previous games will be added:
>DMC1: Super Public Enemy 1, Super Public Enemy 2, and Red-Hot Juice
>DMC2: Demon's Paradise, Ragnarok, and Assault
>DMC3: Vergil's Divine Hate, Lady Battle, Suffer
>DMC4: Blackened Angel, Let's Just See, Swipe of Sword

Whaddya think?

Attached: 1565478175417.webm (800x450, 2.96M)

Yeah but a lot of the poems in Blake's book tied into the story.

Neither would Nero, but either being able to channel his power, ala Devil Sword Sparda, would be pretty cool.

Fucking perfect, everything I want

>Nero gets his prototype DMC4 outfits
You have a good eye

Attached: 400 IQ.png (224x100, 29K)

Good taste

If they got the poet idea for V, then can we motherfucking get Vergil guiding Dante through hell? IM GONNA BE UPSET IF THEY DONT DO THIS

Actually I would add a Sparda Costume for Dante instead of his DMC 4 outfit, proper with DT and OG sparda sword design

Well, I just put the DMC4 outfit because
1. Dreadnought can be in a game and be useful.
2. You can be a true cowboy with the Faust Hat.

Attached: Dante_and_Gilgamesh.png (723x1024, 595K)

haha, fair point, Sparda and his outfit just looks so clean it needs to be re done in RE engine

>V gets an outfit inspired by Arkham
Fucking why

>Vergil gets his classic DMC3 outfit and his corrupted Vergil outfit (with Nelo Angelo DT).
He already has his classic outfit. Vergil getting V's outfit or a suit would be better.

>Vergil guiding Dante through hell?

They already have a good set up for it. The 2 of them are stuck in hell, they "got plenty of time." They could decide to got take out Mundus once and for all. Vergil leads Dante to Mundus. Actual closure to the SOS Arc, and the ultimate reference.

Attached: 004.png (673x775, 843K)

>He already has his classic outfit
its a shit imitation that isnt even colored properly
>Vergil getting V's outfit
oh, right another faggot

>Fucking why
Because READ BOOK and I thought it'd be funny. We could always change it to be Mundus.
>He already has his classic outfit. Vergil getting V's outfit or a suit would be better.
You're right, it would be a little redundant. Maybe just give him the good ol' vest?

Attached: 4hftR59.gif (268x396, 1.66M)

All I really want is playable Vergil (either the existing campaign or a shortened one with him and Dante in the Underworld) and a metric fuckton of costumes.

>Dante: DMC1, DMC1 Coatless, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4, LDK Sparda
>Vergil: DMC1/Nero Angelo/Knight, DMC3. DMC3 Coatless, DMC5 Coatless, Sparda-Style Corrupted
>Nero: DMC4, DMC4 Prototype, DMC4 Concept Art/High Society (pic related,) Order of the Sword uniform
>V: Who the fuck knows, they can do whatever they want. I want at least one Crow inspired outfit

Attached: 003.jpg (919x1154, 434K)

>Vergil guiding Dante through Hell
Like the Inferno? Yes I like this idea.
>nine mission DLC, one for each circle
>they travel deeper and deeper into Hell to find a powerless Mundus, frozen in ice and they have to decide whether to leave him or thaw him out to kill him together

>its a shit imitation that isnt even colored properly
You really miss that gay scarf and tire vest?

>oh, right another faggot
Equal rights, you get naked girls we want naked Vergil

Not even that guy but it's a cravat you uncultured swine.

>You really miss that gay scarf
Please, show some class. It's not a scarf, it's an ascot.

Attached: Shit BOY.png (199x342, 98K)

Fuck, on that note, making all of the swords be interchangeable in terms of skillset. Just make them skins but still able to use the DSD moveset if desired.

But yeah, I do miss the original Sparda look. This one isn't bad but it's not as good.

It was longer than most of the games and none of the levels were absolutely dogshit to go through.

True. Hell, the worst level in the game is mission 10, and it's not bad if you don't care about S ranking it.

Attached: 1566241618516m.jpg (1024x1024, 74K)

>gay scarf

It's a god damn ascot.

Attached: 1546208221315.jpg (754x1035, 842K)

Those are just fancy words for gay scarf.

Play fucking BP if all you want is combat. I don't know why the story/campaign has devolved into a string of rooms broken up by cutscenes when we have a mode specifically for that.

Between his default in DMC4, his prototype outfit, and his outfit in DMC5, I'm having a real hard time deciding which is my favorite.

Attached: Nero_DMC4.png (750x947, 1.16M)

>Just make them skins but still able to use the DSD moveset if desired.
you can already mod that on PC, with really good support too

I know, but a mod shouldn't be necessary honestly.

An ascot is more similar to a tie than a scarf.

Attached: It's not about loss.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

I want everyone who said this was Nero's devil form to apologize.

>Equal rights, you get naked girls we want naked Vergil
equal rights isnt equal entitlement retard

There's something so hilarious to me about how both Dante and Trish knew Nero was Vergil's son and just didn't tell him until Vergil reformed.

Attached: Laughing Dante.png (274x385, 130K)

I really would have liked Vergil's 'Gilver' costume from the books. Would have been a refreshing change from seeing him in the save outfit every game

Why is V so slutty when Vergil is all covered up? And don't tell me he didn't have a choice.

It is a tie, it's a fucking neckband tie. It's not gay you uncultured swine.

Attached: 1550893110838.gif (250x337, 3.61M)

Until Vergil reformed, Dante would have to say "hey Nero I kind of killed your dad twice a little bit"

Based and mommypilled

Attached: Trish Pizza.jpg (1124x710, 134K)

Birb picked it out for him.

Attached: dmc_zodiac88_-1135157685882576896-20190602_051417-img2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

Shut up I just want naked Vergil asshole

If it weren't gay then why isn't he wearing it in 5? Checkmate

>why isn't he wearing it in 5?

It didn't fit with the Kimono Goth look. Do you even /fa/?

Attached: 64316757.jpg (900x532, 71K)

>You take out the retarded poetry and he's exactly like him
>just take away these things that make him different and he's the same.
And even with that, I don't see it. V is dorky and weird, smirks often and is talkative.
>V is likable because he has Vergil's attitude and past
Originally when people didn't know about him being Vergil they still warmed up to him because of things listed above and not because he's connected to Vergil. And poetry is not retarded it makes V appear classy and wise.

Also lets makes this straight, V is not Vergil nor he's meant to be. Just the opposite, he's a personification of Vergil's humanity.
So we get a character that's not Vergil, but is supposed to somehow give us more insight into Vergil's personality by not acting like him.
What would've been better is if they made the character act like Vergil, but for example wiped his memory and put him into these new situations where he's free to act in more honest ways without his past weighting down on him.

>character development
You call it that, but I call it character muddling. They're adding things to Vergil he didn't have before and that makes him different.
In the end we lost both old Vergil(which people liked) and V(a new interesting character) and got this meek NuVergil that they're still trying to sell as the old one but he's obviously not.

>V is dorky and weird, smirks often and is talkative.
>"that's right!"
>"where did you learn to count? We're even!"
>"Maybe, we got plenty of time :D"

Vergil at the end of the game was a big dork.

Attached: EAjrBQXUYAAI9RV.jpg (3840x2160, 583K)

Yes but that's NuVergil you're talking about.

What argument are you even trying to make?

idk lol

That V shouldn't have been Vergil, but his own character instead
Kindly piss off

>being this mad just because you disagree with me

How did you come to a conclusion that I'm mad? I just hate it when people try to pretend to be me.

You're not me, I'm me

>V should've been his own character

6 months later and still seething.

Attached: yes V is Vergil.webm (914x504, 2.95M)

>V is dorky and weird, smirks often and is talkative.
You sound like a blind fangirl lol. Omg he smilezzz. Just keep ignoring the similarities if it makes you feel better.

>he's a personification of Vergil's humanity.
He has his memories, personality and trauma. We even see him with his poetry in a flashback. V acts more like Vergil than Urizen and even blames himself for what's he done. Also Yamato is even said to split demon from man and guess what Vergil tried to do?

Doesn't matter what you try convincing yourself of you can't change the story. People liked how the story turned out sucks for you I guess.

She's tsundere for Vergil.

Lady?

I want Nico to rape me

How long is the Visions of V translator gonna be away for?
I might ghetto translate the chapter if it's gonna be too long

The Vergilfag formally known as Vfag.

Go away Nero.

Translate it and I can edit the pages if you want.

Good thing too.
user listen. I am not mad and I just like discussing about DMC. If V was his own character no one would've though "man I really wish V was Vergil's human side instead". I guess what we got is fine, but it could've easily been better and we would've ended up with a solid addition to the DMC cast and his gameplay could've been fixed down the road.

I'm not blinded, nor I'm particularly found of V.
>similarities
They're both stoic, that's the only thing I see.
>He has his memories
Yes, but he does not act like Vergil in prior games. All the things you listed are changes and new things 5 brought in but didn't have to. To be honest I think Vergil should've stayed dead.
>People liked how the story turned out sucks for you I guess.
*Some people. Then again some people like DmC. Taste's can't be argued I'm aware.
>Sucks
Nah, I still have the old games and 5's gameplay is solid.

>she
I nor hate nor particularly like Vergil. I simply think it's a shame we probably won't see his DMC3 character iteration interacting with Dante again.
He's a good guy now and him killing hundreds of people doesn't really matter because Dante and Vergil can be bros now.

Fuck it why not.
Got the raws in decent quality?

Just a forewarning that the translation is gonna be hot ass but there's not much dialogue to begin with so it'll have to make do until the real guy gets back

tits or gtfo

Where's you reading comprehension? I'm a guy.

Do you think Dante has roasted him over the shit he did as V?

>Dante: "Dante, wait! Nyeh!"
>Vergil: "Dante, my body was falling apart and I was running in sandals. Get off my back."

Attached: oof.gif (600x338, 2.04M)

did I fucking stutter

user that's gay

>running in sandals
True horror.

Attached: only the dead.png (800x600, 622K)

Imagine being V and stubbing your toe only for your entire fucking foot to just disintegrate

Attached: 1541428736942.jpg (500x376, 11K)

Continue ignoring their similarities and my points just to justify your V boner lol.
>he killed pplzz
Im sure you're the person who spazzed out before release about anons mentioning Vergil getting redeemed in 5 and kept saying he'll die or whatever nonsense.

Vergil should roast him for the fucking MJ dance he did.

Attached: Entering a DMC thread after 5.gif (440x314, 2.2M)

>Neon sign flickers into Devil May Cry
>mfw

Attached: 1528666791384.jpg (371x395, 20K)

That wouldn't be fun because Dante would feel no shame over that.

Attached: 1553730349998.jpg (1931x2145, 1.85M)

I didn't feel it to be short. It's the longest DMC game.

Not really, it's too different. Sometimes it scratches it a little bit but it's not the same. Cool game though.

Still willing to ghetto translate the latest manga chapter, I just need someone to provide the raws.

Attached: 1544579599997.jpg (631x631, 58K)

Give me some good shots of Sin Devil Trigger Dante

Attached: 1551590789955.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

9mahappytime.postype.com/post/4603340

I don't have a V boner, I just think it's a shame we won't see him again. As I said the only similarities between V and past iterations of Vergil is that they're both stoic. Obviously V and 5Vergil are similar because V is a part of him now.
>you're the person
No I'm not that person because I never discussed that prior to release. Though now that you've mentioned it I would've been fine with Vergil's redemption if it was executed better. However in 5 he goes and kills a bunch of people again, hell that's not even the real problem. It's how Dante says nothing and doesn't even care anymore. The whole resolution of 5 seemed like weak fan service.
>yfw when they're demons!
DMC5 reveal was one in a lifetime experience.

Thanks.
Multiple pages being in one image isn't ideal but it's fine, not like my translation is gonna be close to ideal to begin with.
Guess I'll create a thread to dump in when I'm done

Attached: 1547439498963.jpg (846x500, 40K)

I just wish mission 6 and 17 weren't exclusively boss fights. 19 and 20 are fine considering it's the final boss.

>As I said the only similarities between V and past iterations of Vergil is that they're both stoic
>ignores power obsession and vergil quirks
>ignores 3 vergil smiling and bantz with dante
>ignores V being manipulative and using nero the same way vergil used dante
>ignores that we see him in a library so him reading liking poetry isn't out of the blue
>ignores that they both have the same shit taste in outfits

For someone who isn't fond of V you sure are defending him hard. We should have gotten Gilver or Vergil himself like the concept art had then you wouldn't have been so confused.

I'm in the camp that the DMC games benefit from having activities other than straight combat to break up the pacing and drive engagement with the environment.

DMC5 is just a bunch of combat corridors you sprint between, aside from the one level with blood streams for Dante. And they lampshade the fact it's the only thing resembling a puzzle they put in the game. A lot of levels blend together in my brain. Especially in higher difficulties where enemy encounter compositions are shuffled around.

I wish they would find non shit puzzles to utilize all the movement and combat mechanics.

I'm glad it's now OK to criticise this game. The months leading up and the immediate aftermath of release were terrible.

Just dump it in this one if it's still alive.

NERO IS NOT AN AMULET
NERO IS NOT A SWORD

thats neat. concept looks more like a fusion of demon power with the broken rebellion hilt in the cutscene

This, if the game didn't lock you into rooms every now and then, you could literally rush through most levels in matter of minutes, maybe less.
It's like a slightly more elaborate Bloody Palace.

>closure to the SOS Arc

Then what we need is Nero to knock up Kyrie and Dante and Vergil to get GFs to knock up so we can start the Dad's of Sparda arc.

Attached: 1558473900855.png (818x960, 1.21M)

>Vergil
>Child-rearing
Please reconsider

Attached: 1529183537945.png (945x1575, 453K)

How is teaching his son never to trust strangers a bad thing?

REMEMBER WHAT WE USED TO SAY?

>ignores power obsession and vergil quirks
How does his behavior in 5 show he's power obsessed? All he wanted is to return to himself because he'd die otherwise. I'd say his motivation in 5 was simply surviving. Nero's the one who wants power.
>ignores 3 vergil smiling and bantz with dante
It was barely even a smile, just a tiny smirk while V is smug in more than one instance. Vergil's rare exchanges with Dante were quite different than V's smart-talk which often includes lines of poetry.
>ignores V being manipulative and using nero the same way vergil used dante
Vergil manipulated Dante? What? He directly invited him to have a duel so he can take his amulet fair and square. He even gave it back to Dante in the prequel manga. It's Arkham who was manipulative in DMC3.
>ignores that we see him in a library so him reading liking poetry isn't out of the blue
It's not about whether Vergil was reading poetry or not, it's how it was implemented and executed in V's character. Vergil never acted in such way prior to 5.
>ignores that they both have the same shit taste in outfits
Vergil's outfit is cool though. V's is just weird. And honestly this is kinda reaching.
>defending him hard
No, I'm simply saying he was a unique enough of a character that he didn't need to end up being Vergil's alter ego.
>then you wouldn't have been so confused.
If V looked like Vergil and still was the very same character as V, I'm sure I would've said the same. V is different enough from Vergil, even Nero is more similar.
Yes V says certain things related to Vergil, that's because devs had to shoehorn him into his role somehow. But I'm talking about the character's core free of the plot, he would've worked well as a new guy. That's all I'm saying. We could've hand an actually new interesting fella instead since the latest additions, being Nero, Kyrie and Nico weren't the most exciting.

I liked the light crystal puzzle in 3. Wish we got more of something like that.
Yeah same. 5 is a solid game, but it's far from perfect. Though it's still weird how much people are willing to turn a blind eye to the game's flaws because they liked the game as a whole.

>took his arm
>by doing this it gave him access to a whole arsenal of sweet weapons
>and it put him on a path that helps him work through his grief over Credo, discover and connect with his father, gain an entire family, and unlock his true power
Vergil is the tough love type father that ends up raising the best kid.

Attached: 1549708340083.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Hey now, Kyrie had a big contribution in Nero not becoming the worst kid long before that, Vergil just came along and put the strawberry on top.

Damn straight Kyrie is his rock, they even said without Kyrie Nero would have gone full Vergil but I was talking specifically about DMC5. Vergil was only in his life for a few seconds and it resulted in all the stuff I listed.

>All he wanted is to return to himself because he'd die otherwise.
Read the manga, he literally does a muh power while collecting his pokemon
>Vergil's rare exchanges with Dante were quite different than V's smart-talk which often includes lines of poetry.
It wasn't a smirk but a bigger smirk lol listen to yourself.
>preparations for the bash line wasn't being a smart ass
>Vergil manipulated Dante? What? He directly invited him to have a duel so he can take his amulet fair and square. He even gave it back to Dante in the prequel manga. It's Arkham who was manipulative in DMC3
Dante didn't know what Vergil's plan was until he explained it to him
>It's not about whether Vergil was reading poetry or not, it's how it was implemented and executed in V's character. Vergil never acted in such way prior to 5
Its not a reach to say he would like poetry since we see him reading and he is named after a poet which is a very subtle hint.
>Vergil's outfit is cool though. V's is just weird. And honestly this is kinda reaching
It was meant more as a joke
>No, I'm simply saying he was a unique enough of a character that he didn't need to end up being Vergil's alter ego
Without him being Vergil he wouldn't have had the same characteristics or motivations you like so much, we now know why he acts that way because he's vergil.
>If V looked like Vergil and still was the very same character as V, Then he would have acted like a less prideful Vergil? Seriously read the manga. Concept art had Vergil with animal friends too just not the one from dmc 1. V wouldn't have fit into the plot as a new character because he wouldn't have existed if the whole Vergil split himself didn't exist. They made V's gameplay revolve around Vergil's story. His weakness and familiars, his battle quote, his summoned canes. Itsuno even chose the quotes we hear and see in the game to relate to Vergil. So no V as you know him couldn't have been anyone else.

Fuck the last paragraph the first sentence should be the only thing greentexted

Alright then

anyone have any hopes for a surprise at TGS

> but it could've easily been better and we would've ended up with a solid addition to the DMC cast
>solid addition
his gameplay was complete shit, annoying fag that only caused more fujos and shit to infest these threads, he is a fucking cancer and the worst DMC protag

1 year if we are lucky for SE, if not then 2-4

I've no hopes for DMC anymore, only dreams

got a new dmcfriend who got into the series very late with 5 and went back to the play the rest, told her it’ll be her rite of passage to wait for the next game again with us

epic blog post, upvoted

Perhaps you're right, ultimately I would've preferred it if they solely focused on Dante.

You're not going to respond properly?

>So no V as you know him couldn't have been anyone else
Gives me the answer about user's stance on this. I see it unnecessary to discuss it further.

What happened to those ghetto translations of chapter 10?

Translator when on a vacation

I am that user and clearly you knew my stance from the very first reply way earlier in the thread. Kinda of a copout answer.

Well you think he couldn't be a separate character and I do so that's that. Also I don't care enough about V to prolong the back and forth any further and like the other user said, maybe it would've been better if he wasn't included at all. Have a good day user.