PlayStation 5 Has the Potential to Kill the PC Gaming Industry

ccn.com/playstation-5-has-the-potential-to-kill-the-pc-gaming-industry/

b-bros...

Attached: 456GHFTR.jpg (1920x1080, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ccn.com/playstation-5-has-the-potential-to-kill-the-pc-gaming-industry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They have been saying that since the PS3.

CNN is fake news

ok

Attached: 1567096265661.jpg (673x680, 336K)

>ccn.com/playstation-5-has-the-potential-to-kill-the-pc-gaming-industry/
He's just hyping it up for the shareholders

PC has been dead for decades. It's all console scraps delayed by 6-12 months nowadays.

The price-point will determine that.

PS4 has sold more than there are active steam accounts.

Cheap gimped versions of off shelf hardware (console) to compete with ungimped consumer hardware (pc). Again!

We've gone through this before and you were already proven to be a retard.

Here is what Sony's first party teams are cooking up for next gen. Let me tell you, PS5 is going to be a doozy.

>Bend Studio
Their next game will be NEXT GEN. New IP
>Guerilla Games
Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel as PS5 EXCLUSIVE
Unknown first person shooter (new IP)
>Insomniac
New Ratchet & Clank (could be cross gen between PS4 and PS5)
Spider-Man 2 (PS5 EXCLUSIVE)
>Japan Studio
Multiple brand new projects and IP
>London Studio
More VR experiences are in the works
>Media Molecule
Dreams will be cross gen between PS4 and PS5
>Naughty Dog
The Last of Us Part II
Sci-fi survival horror (new IP)
>PixelOpus
Concrete Genie out next month as a PS4 EXCLUSIVE
>Polyphany Digital
new Gran Turismo in the works for PS5
>San Diego
MLB The Show will remain PlayStation EXCLUSIVE
>Santa Monica
Sequel to God of War 2018, coming by 2022 (and PS5 EXCLUSIVE)
>Sucker Punch
Ghost of Tsushima next year as PS4 EXCLUSIVE
New IP after that

Attached: 1566206030291.png (3374x1280, 3.48M)

Google it, the number of active accounts isn't a secret.

PC is already dead.
What's left (modding, strategy, mmorpg, unfinished steam crap) will always be exclusive/better on pc than on consoles.

Yeah and the pc gaming business was a lot better back then. I used to play a lot on pc but i've switched more and more to ps4

They've been saying it since the PS2. Every generation they spin up this bullshit to drive buzz.

Gee they sure love playing their games through Youtube
As FIFA, CoD or Bloodborne machines?

DELETE

that's not cnn

PC gaming will never cease to exist (not to say that it's alive and well) and there is nothing you or any corporate overlords can do to delete it. People will ALWAYS make PC games and people will ALWAYS play them.

no, as Netflix / YouTube machines

Fuck you, you've posted this exact shit before and im not going to explain to you again why it's a retarded comparison.

PS5 will be even more of a FIFA machine as the East Asian Market has ditched homeconsoles.
SNES in Japan 30 million units
PS1 20 million
PS4 7 million

fpbp
imagine falling for snoys lies 3 times in a row

Attached: 1558980700855.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

OH NO...

>PS4 perfect
It was a bottlnecked troglodyte hardware wise from the start.

And Scarlett will kill the PS5

>And Scarlett will kill the PS5

Attached: 1449451626885.jpg (888x1229, 166K)

i've been predicting this ever since sony said the ps5 is going to be priced as a niche machine for the hardcore i.e. $599 all over again.

Attached: 0d41.png (1109x152, 24K)

This is a thing that keeps getting repeated since the late 90s for one reason or another. If PC dies it's unlikely to be because of consoles.

so, it'll come with diapers and poopsocks?

Attached: 1566762028991.jpg (960x960, 96K)

>buying a censorstation

>Dreams
You had me thinking there would be a new NIGHTS game and then I realized I'm retarded so now I'm mad at you.

You're a funny guy.

They say this literally every generation

Yeah, just like PS3, PS4, Xbox One...

Microsoft will probably get their shit together and produce another XBOX 360 after 4-5 years it will start to lag behind greatly.

That's what your mum said when I came inside her

this game is going to be on windows so the only people losing out here are ones who bought it on console

>Windows
It's not.

NO APE ESCAPE 4

>chosing ps4 on this day and age

Attached: Monster Hunter World - Loading time comparison between PC and PS4.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

prove it isn't. they've been asked a million times if it's never coming to pc and everyone at KP has flat out refused to say it isn't when it's the most simple answer. it's very likely a one year timed exclusive till next gen consoles.

the show 19 plays a better game of baseball than 18

>Switch outsold PS4 in Japan
I guess this explains why it has games now.

Attached: assman.png (516x439, 205K)

Yeah I'm sure they'll be amazing with their >NEVER BEFORE SEEN SSD TECHNOLOGY
>SPEEDS FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE LIKE 120 FPS 30 fps in 4K mode

Attached: 1507588425382.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

I would prefer 2560x1440 60fps but I know tons of TV's hate that resolution so it isn't happening

If the late 90s early 00s didn't kill PC gaming nothing will. Steam and emulation made PC immortal.

And they were right. PC gaming has been dead since the PS3 era. No games other than console ports.

Attached: 1559599354371.png (633x874, 211K)

you can't kill what's already dead.

MS already confirmed that they will leave the console space.

>Bend Studio
Shovelware
>Guerilla Games
Souless
>Insomniac
Spiderman was good
>Japan Studio
Hope this means another collab with Fromsoft and or Gravity Rush 3
>Media Molecule
Dreams was crap
>Naughty Dog
SJW shit
>PixelOpus
Shovelware
>San Diego
Shovelware
>Santa Monica
I hope GOW 2 has good gameplay
>Sucker Punch
Garbage.

Basically Japan Studio and Insomniac. Nothing has changed.

Bros how are we going to possibly compete with this SSD tech? I'm throwing my PC in the trash right now and preordering a Sony® Playstation® 5

Attached: 1565085067336.jpg (479x370, 65K)

I'm wondering what thier plans are to make money on titles in the future. Shit games on Xbox with microtransactions cover thier investments and make them alot of money that don't count towards "sales". Sony doesn't tend to have cash shops for thier games so all of that money has to be made back through pure sales.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the cost of AAA titles without additional income.

Attached: 1562559328201.jpg (243x284, 8K)

No game ever was made with SSD in mind.

How come PC cucks are always so tech illiterate?

>Sonyhasn’t revealed its pricing strategy for the PlayStation 5 just yet, though there are wild suggestions that it could besold for $800or even $1,000

Attached: 25865.gif (700x298, 3.67M)

Sony does it by selling 10m+ copies of a game.

>units sold vs active users
how old are you?

Attached: 25874.gif (264x240, 2.57M)

Right which is dope but that's a dangerous way to survive. If your game doesn't live up to the hype or comes out during a busy month it's DOA

>cnn
user... I expected more from you...

They will just shit out another cape shit movie to make up the losses of Sony Computer Entertainment

Sony's just going to have more exclusives, and Sony is in a much better position now than at the end of the PS3's life.

>new technology x will kill old technology y
>why?
>durrrr because it's new lol
I hate this shit.
PS5 won't kill PC gaming, Stadia will flop, VR won't be mainstream any time in the next decade, etc etc.

Go ahead list me the games that require an SSD.

Seems pretty boring desu. Am I seeing that correctly that Horizon is the only RPG on that list for PS5?
And all the other games don't really seem to be bad or anything like that, but also just not really something that makes me want to buy the console. Sony really lacks long-lasting IPs that are solid system sellers.

>console ports.
which is a bad thing because?

Shit was already dead when Steam allowed Refunds and all those companies got salty.

Whats the point of investing in PC just to play console ports?

I could see piracy as a legit reason but most PC cucks swear they dont do it.

the majority of those users just play triple a games like cod fifa etc and use netflix and amazon video

Steam has registered more accounts than there are active PSN accounts. Now what?

>Whats the point of investing in PC just to play console ports?
60fps? free online? freedom?

Work

>60fps? free online? freedom?
>not games
dead as fuck

I build 4 PCs for me and my family with no GPU for work.

Never forget.

Attached: toddhow.jpg (1472x901, 323K)

based and ryzen pilled

Im waiting.

0 nip support 0 chance

>>not games
>99% of games is somehow not enough

>98.9% of games run on any toaster laptop

I accept your forfeit.

shut the fuck up /g/ is laughing at us again

>PS4 has sold more than there are active steam accounts.
The PS4 has also sold more than there are active Playstaion accounts. What's even your point?

I used Intel.

>dmc 5, sekiro and every game released this year runs on a toaster

>60fps
cringe snoy

Even if the PS5 is some magic super PC that outspecs $2000 computers, what happens the year after that? Is AMD going to just sit with thumbs up their butts not putting this in their PC cards?

>console ports

>30fps

Attached: 1486649579762.jpg (542x540, 20K)

Just admit you are a meme spouting tech illiterate fag.

But where is the proof that PC gaming is dying? Please post actual data and not some retarded gaming journalist analysis.

>dmc 5
>30fps

>he's not pretending
oh no

Why would I humor you when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? Go ahead and list the supposed benefits of "optimizing a game for an SSD" though. I'd love a laugh

Okay now check how many pcs sold compared to active PSN accounts

>censored

>conveniently ignores the other games

lost

I would say not every of is for games, but neither are ps4 XD

If PC gaming dies it's Nvidia and AMD's fault.

wrong.png

Based AMD and NVIDIA sinking themselves just to sabotage Intels entry

Attached: XWcDQt2[1].jpg (1000x652, 24K)

Looks like so(n)y will give Netflix a run for its money.

Can't kill what's already dead

>PlayStation 5 Has the Potential to Kill the PC Gaming Industry
haha, I STRONGLY doubt it, that's impossible

This article suggests prices of $800-$1000. Sounds more like a chance to kill Sony off for good desu

Attached: d.png (258x196, 12K)

>Death Stranding
>Game

I can pirate games, I have free online and I play everything at 60fps.
Yeah, it's a bit more expensive, but it's worth the investment if you actually play video games.
VIDEO GAMES

>2019
>not being an idort

Again? Dang it, PCbros, how many times are they going to kill us?

I love how these garbage threads always get =100 replies

This
Thread should have ended here

sup bitches

Attached: 1553770665138.png (976x658, 272K)

there might b a slight issue for folks with intel cpu's but that is it.

Yeah I don't know what the fuck they're thinking. The main demographic for consoles is children and broke eastern euro FIFA slavs. Neither of those groups can afford a thousand dollar console

>that obviously tech illiterate writer
yikes

>can't program on a console
>can't create assets on a console
>can't mod on a console

I can see PC becoming even more niche
People want the big games Sony makes,their Worldwide Studios are world class and now Insomniac is with them. Sony exclusives have the best graphics this generation even better than a multiplat like Cyberpunk 2077. I expect PS5's exclusive launch titles to be mindblowingly ahead the competition

>on EuroCuck region

Why are Yea Forumsedditor zoomers so obsessed with brands and groups and shit? You cant use and enjoy both you know?

I've been a PCtard since a kid, ps4 was my first console ever and I enjoy it immensely.
>inb4 hurt durr no money
I'm a poorfag, I have some mid tier laptop that is good enough go play the more "competetive" games that I like, like DOTA2, CS:GO, WoW classic and other boomershit that I play since a kid while I'm enjoying story-driveb, big tripple AAA games while chilling on my PS4.

Attached: 5eb.jpg (480x600, 22K)

I'm not touching a Sony console or game until they reverse their trannyfornia censorship policy. Fuck them.

So long as I get charged for using my own internet and I can't emulate games on it without breaking my warranty I'm never buying one, even if it's cheaper for how powerful it is.

Interested in Ratchet n Clank
Maybe New Horizon, never played the first one, guess I'll wait for a REREREmaster on PS5
Same for Spidey (bought it day 1, still havent started it yet)
Whatever Sony JPN studio does.

That's it. I just want weeb games man, and Sony fucked it up since last year.

>Spider-Man 2
It's not happening unless Sony patches things up with Disney.

And mobile has the potential to kill console and PC simultaneously, and is in fact in the process of doing so as we speak as more and more companies stop putting effort into actual games and focus more on mobile cashgrabs.

So death stranding isn't an exlcusive? Gotcha.

It's a walking sim, who cares?

And every exclusive game built for it will still only run at 30fps just so it can reach 4k which only

Attached: 1562529762485.png (582x477, 395K)

You can't make spreadsheets in a console, close this thread

Kojima Productions isn't a Sony first party studio

and mostly of this accounts with fifa only

>it will still only run at 30fps just so it can reach 4k
You really think it's going to be comparable to the Xbone X? That's probably a smart move but I don't see it happening.

>$800
>could be $1000

kek

consoles are great for games like Red Dead, GTA, stuff like Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, or sports. stop being autists.

PS4 Pro already does upscaled 4k, I don't doubt PS5 is gonna try and be able to run every exclusive game at native 4k though hopefully that might mean more games will have the option to play at 1080p with better performance and FPS.

Red Dead works well on console but it's cancer online if you've seen people play it. Look at webm related.

Attached: No Skill Needed.webm (1280x720, 1.8M)

Are Sony fanboys really this delusional?

Attached: 1392509767675.gif (245x138, 883K)

How could anyone stomach GTA on console after playing V on PC?

the pc gaming """industry""" died around the time the so called orange box came out - aggressively catering to normies and/or non gamers, monetizing everything out the ass, cheap soulless remaster/sequel cash grabs made with minimal effort, increasing obsession with political correctness

ion play that shit online. its a good single player experience.

Loads of games will still be 30fps. That isn't acceptable to me anymore so I've moved to pc, I'm done with console. Fast paced games are simply not enjoyable at 30.

All would look and run better on a computer :P
Not to mention mouse and keyboard making games like RDR and GTA immensely more fun with free aim. Auto aim and push your stick up slightly takes a lot of the satisfaction out of earning headshots, it gets boring.
case in point. Also, fuck bloom.

i dont care about any of that. if im playing a good looking single player game i wanna sit back on my couch and play it on my 60" tv

I'm going to blow your mind, computers use HMDI and steam has a built for Tv interface.

You can do that. Get a lap desk, I used to use my computer on the couch but I got a 144hz monitor.

ya nah, no ones doing that shit. my PC is in the office and my TV is in the fucking living room.

everytime i think of getting a console i remember the loading times...

>800$
You can kiss my ass for 800$

Plenty do that though.

Why would I want a second, more limited gaming pc

youll give me $800 to kiss your ass?

If you are one of those people who associates work and unhappiness with a computer, I can understand but you're really missing out. Here are some of the things I like about playing on one.
>60+fps
>KB+M aim
>Instead of paying sony for online and so I can be disappointed by the free PS monthly games, all the games are free (except mp)
>Access to pretty much every video game in history
>Quicksaving
>100 fov
>Mods
>Trainers and 100% saves so I can play with all the fun abilities in games with ridiculous grinds

Same can be done in a pc

>PS4 Pro already does upscaled 4k

Checkerboard 4k maybe.

Also still runs at 30fps, with dips to 20 fps in cities. Loading issues on many games.

Consoles will always be inferior. You can keep your hide in grass, third person, feminazi censored shooter games.

Attached: d.jpg (201x200, 9K)

consoles always run at like medium settings with 30 fps and 60 fov lol

this is usually when I get up and pee.

PS4 already killed my ability to play video games with 3/4ths of my friends

Attached: E47D6DD2-CDE0-4A41-8FC5-CB15E013DBC8.jpg (385x249, 12K)

You can't do that with no games

They use PCs to make video games.

What's funny is that we've actually seen footage of the PS5 in action but what they showed was loading times being like 10x faster for Spiderman ps4 when used on PS5 hardware. Which makes sense but I guarantee it's not gonna work that way for PS5 exclusives when the game is gonna have 10x better graphics rather than optimizing for performance.

Your post makes it sound like I was defending PS4 when all I was saying is that they're already attempting 4k with this gen, next gen will definitely have native 4k which isn't a good thing for the majority of people who don't have 4k tvs and monitors. God you people are so fragile to just instantly jump on someone because you lack reading comprehension and think they think consoles = better than PC

You need PCs to make vidya
What are you smoking user, and where can I get some?

>Low and shit tier titles include most of the launch titles
I hope they don't fuck this up again with PS5.

idk if this list is a joke or not honestly because the games here just aren't that impressive or interesting and it feels like it's missing a lot.

>Bend Studio
Who cares. If they make something interesting cool but i'm not holding my breathe for any announcement they make.
>Guerilla
has potential for both of those games but again not holding my breath. At best they'll make some pretty games
>Insomniac
I like ratchet but i'd rather they work on a new IP or a new Resistance game, Sony needs more shooter. Don't care for Spider-Man 2 but i'm not against it considering how well it sold and I love insomniac so I want them to succeed.
>Japan
Complete wildcard, i'd be interested in what they might come up with
>Naughty Dog
Sci-fi survival horror has potential I just hope it's another movie game. I've liked their previous work I just don't care as much for movie games even if they're good like TLOU was.
>Santa Monica
I'm excited for Nu-GoW2. First one had issues and I trust they'll address most of them for the sequel
>Sucker Punch
I'm not as excited for Tsushima outside of aestheics mostly because we haven't seen much. Excited for new IP

If the ps4 is anything to go by, lol good fucking luck sony

cool ill still play on pc and have access to all my old games and massive backlog without having to upgrade systems every 5 years and pay just to play online

There are more PC pirates than there are owners and players of every gaming platform in existence combined.

im not sure it'll kill sony off considering people pay $1000 just to have an iPhone. I do think though that if that route continued it'll end up backfiring on them heavily

Iphones are a status symbol though. A Playstation isn't. Not to mention that Android stole most of Apples market share solely by having cheaper options

Once DXR picks up on PC in the next 4-5 years, next-gen consoles are going to look real dated in comparison mid-gen, especially on the lighting end of things.

gonna need a source for that one

With what games? Lmao If Halo infinite has sprint that's the end of Xbox.

>PS5 will kill the PC Gaming Industry

Considering Playstation moved their HQ to California and the impact of that decision has censored so many stupid things to the point where even Nintendo looks good in comparison, the people on PC probably will not leave considering most love their ability to customize everything and uncensor things. Also, what's to say people won't own both either. People often own multiple systems

*weeb consoles that don't support DirectX will look dated

id rather pay $1000 for a phone than a playstation desu. i can build a really good pc for 1000

Pro tip: Snoyboys don't play video games. There's a reason that there are literally thousands of yellowface memes in existence.