Name a pre-2000 game that, if it was released today, it would be at least a 9/10

Name a pre-2000 game that, if it was released today, it would be at least a 9/10.

NO remaster, no new mechanics, no filters.

Attached: JSBach.jpg (1480x2048, 984K)

Majoras Mask.

/thread

according to shit like metacritic?

TR2

Attached: 2.webm (720x400, 2.93M)

i got a funny anecdote about Bach. he was working as an organist for a church, and some dude was trying to rehearse his singing but Bach wanted to play another orang song loudly, and it was throwing him off

>Bach, stop playing that or I'll jump and break the damn thing!
>Jump! People will come to see you jump that will never come to hear you sing!

Attached: 184900514.png (902x631, 2.17M)

Best post on Yea Forums rn

Attached: Castlevania_sotn_pal.jpg (796x815, 136K)

Street Fighter Third Strike
Super Metroid
Yoshi's Island

Attached: s.png (648x621, 1.01M)

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Twooie

I hate you children so fucking much

Tetris

but
that came out IN 2000

Comix Zone
Rondo of Blood

Lots of SNES games fit this category, obvious ones being Zelda Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and the Mario Titles. There's also metal slug, I don't think that was on SNES though correct me if I'm wrong.

Actraiser.

Custer's Revenge

Attached: 51ecmbIyZVL._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x282, 21K)

Mario 64 would be consistently be torn apart for its camera controls. No way would it be a 9/10.

Yoshi's Island

People complain about backtracking to use new moves in old areas in Banjo-Tooie but turn around and the exact same shit in Metroid games.

According to your opinion.

Garou

Chrono Trigger's universal appeal (not too adult for kids, not too kiddy for everyone else) and timeless storytelling would do fine, hell they rereleased it for the DS and it was one of the better reviewed games on the handheld. Half-Life 1 would still outsmart its contemporaries when it comes to pacing and rewarding player attention.

Attached: 1542253972865.jpg (320x283, 20K)

Super Metroid, obviously.

Attached: Transformers_-_Beast_Wars_Coverart.jpg (300x300, 93K)

This actually. Look at Hollow Knight or whatever, the trends popular and that holds up fantastically in every department but voice acting, in which it holds up even better.

Megaman X

Fallout 1. Not in the mainstream but amongst the indie isometric crpg renaissance population

Pokemon Snap