Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Attached: maxresdefault[3].jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Haha. No. I used to think so, but as I grew up, it was just too melodramatic and overdone.

It was kino.

LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!

Yes. 4 is the ultimate pleb filter.

4 has some of the most kino moments of any game ever, yes absolutely.

nah you are just dumb and like dumb things instead, i've already seen the list of things you like and they are pretty dumb

Mgs 4 is the worst game ever made, playing it is pure dissapointment, boredom and irritation. It is completely joyless and has none of the dramatic gravitas of mgs 2 or 3 though it presents itself as the most "serious" one.

All characters that are brought back are wasted, character assasinated and should never have been in the game in the first place. One good moment does not invalidate all the shit.

MGS4 is about as dumb as it gets frankly.

You typed 4 instead of 5 my dude, it's an easy typo

Mgs 5 is mediocre. 4 is actively bad and ruins the other games.

Undoubtedly

Nah that was MGS2, MGS4 tried to fix it

It is an example of perhaps some of the worst storytelling ever told. I have never seen writing that explained so much in needless detail yet remained so convoluted.

Only brainlets who didn't like 2 actually thought 4 was a good game

Mgs 2 is the best game in the series you mouthbreathing mongoloid.

I can't think of any stupider opinion to have than yours. You are literally what ruined mgs.

Absolutely

REX vs RAY was cooler.

As expected, MGS2 brainlets shitting on 4 because "they didn't get it"

Yes, rival battles are the most kino especially when they are your equal or if you're the underdog that trains to become an equal.

Yes it was
Too bad literally everything else in this game was shit
2>1>3>5>4

Attached: MGS2_sunglasses.jpg (500x269, 36K)

NEVER EVER played a Metal Gear game
What's the best one? Was going to start 3

That's not even the real Liquid, stupid fucks

I'm going to rape you

This, that fight was hype as fuck

V was a good video game which had the misfortune of being part of the MGS franchise.

See how the MGS2 brainlet regresses to caveman behaviour

SNAAAAAAAAKE

No I got it perfectly it was complete shit people only defend it because of nostalgia and fanservice

That's the best one. It would be better if you knew more about the world and played in the release order despite it being chronologically the first game though.

Yes. This fight and the MGR vs MGS one saved MGS4.

Play release order and stop after 3

why do mgs2 fags think mgs2 is complicated, it isn't
i think mgs as a story is unnecessarily contrived, but contrivances don't mean "hard to understand", in fact the definition of contrived is not even close to that, but means what i actually meant to convey
it's like how people try to claim evangelion is complicated because "muh religious symbolism" when that was far and beyond any points or sentiments made in the series

maybe I'll read a summary or something, don't have time to play through those as of now

>Claims he gets it while literally showing he doesn't

Brainlet.

i enjoyed this game alot. they dont make games like this nowdays. its always some f2p esports dumb shit.

What's "not to get" about 4?

MGS 1, V, and Revengence are the only good video games. 2, 3, and 4 are better experienced as movies. The PSP and GC games don’t exist.

It would be lost on a brainlet, not worth explaining

That sounds unwise. The first two are timeless classics.

One of the biggest problems with mgs 4 is the overexplanation of a fucking dumb plot. It is impossible "not" to get.

What is there is antihetical to what maked mgs good, the game should have never been made.

I can't comprehend playing mgs 4 and thinking "that was good". I would delete mgs 4 from ever existing if i could and have it end at 2.

>I would delete mgs 4 from ever existing if i could and have it end at 2.
>end at 2

Smooth brain

Ocelot was the only good part of MGS4

I played through it a few times on release and understood it quite well. So please, what's the big confusing thing everyone glosses over?

MGS2 was the worst game in the series for setting up the Patriot bullshit and having some twink as the Main Character
MGS2 was the game that silently killed the series

What is there to get? Big Boss surviving because of nanomachines and Ocelot hypnotizing himself to be retarded?
Wow so profound

You are the polished smoothbrain, you shitgurgling retard waste of a body. I truly wish you death, infact, i curse you.

It's obvious that i mean the chronological end of the the series, mgs 3 would still get made but mgs 2 is the ending.

/thread

Microwave hall was really kino too. Actual game moments not so much but the hall and last fight really were amazing for their time

>Literally corrects himself because he's too dumb to get it right the first time round

I apologise user, you're not a smooth brain, you're a voidbrain

Patriots where great in mgs 2 it was mgs 4 that fucked it up and made it boring. Raiden is a good character with a great arc in 2.

4 is the game that ruined the Patriots
2 set them up to be a mysterious all knowing all powerful group with complex motivations regarding information and censorship
In 4 it's revealed that they were just the literally who codec characters from 3 who worship Big Boss for some reason and obsess over the war economy
Don't blame 2 for 4's fuck ups

I'm sorry for you. It's sad how people think they've become more insightful or mature, when in reality they have just lost one more thing they could enjoy.

It's one of the best moments in video games history.

I CLAPPED

I CLAPPED WHEN I HEARD SNAKE EATER

YOU HAVE TO BE A REEEEEAAAALLLLL FAN OF MGS OR YOU DIDNT APPRECIATE IT

who care that it was a dream sequence, ITS THE FINALE BETWEEN TWO GUYS THAT HAD NO REASON TO BE HAPPENING AND MADE NO SENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE

WOW, THEYRE INJECTING NANOMACHINES INTO EACH OTHER, WHO CARES ITS A RETARDED DEUS EX MACHINA, THIS IS MANLY

Attached: 1566492211520.png (413x243, 34K)

I didn't correct myself.

I had to clarify because you are so braindamaged that you couldn't understand and you are now desperately coping with "NNOOO U"

Stupid fucking nigger. I hope you die in real life.

>Stabbing each other with the syringes

Game was shit but it was a good fight.

That fight was almost as retarded as that krogan "fight" in Andromeda

>Stupid fucking nigger. I hope you die in real life.

This is your brain on starvation

Nostalgia niggers deserve death.

I wanted mgs FOUR.

I got MGS 1/2/3 dance dance revolution REMIX: Remember this? *Extra exposition edition.

You still haven't explained why 4 is a good game

HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1512745449124.png (645x729, 257K)

only if it was gonna end there but it wasn't
now Kojimbo promised to answer who were the Patriots and Big boss, Paramedic, sigint and Major zero had to suffer just to answer the shitty ending MGS2 spouted
MGS3 was a saving grace to not answer the question but everyone knew it was gonna happen
The patriot question had to butcher big boss and beat his dead corpse with peace walker and TPP just to help MGS4 make more sense
the Patriots should have never been a thing to begin with

It was kino, can you not read?

Fuck off Raiden is a great character the entire game is about him breaking free of the player's control and finding his own way

Attached: snake-raiden-dogtags.png (1280x720, 347K)

Can you explain without using any buzzwords? How was it kino?
If you can't explain you're showing yourself to be retard who can't defend his shit taste

>Can you explain without using any buzzwords?

Imagine not understanding MGS this hard

I still enjoy it for what it is. Recognizing faults doesn't mean I don't appreciate it for what it is. I feel sorry for you, because you lack the understanding of what makes a story great. This is why you'll never make anything.

nothing about 4's story was great or even good

>hurr you're not a real fan
>you just don't get it
>KINO
So you can't explain okay got it
This is the state of MGS4 apologists

FACT: kojima hasn't made a passable game since mgs 3 more than 15 years ago, he shouldn't be looked at as a good developer anymore, we'll see after death stranding

FACT: the only mgs game with soul after 3 is rising

Raiden!

Attached: 2354364 43212.jpg (480x360, 15K)

You can still enjoy MGS4 as a game however, and there are certainly some keynote moments of pandering I'd you're a fan.

You really don't get it, I feel bad for you. I get why you like MGS2 so much since they literally plot dump everything for your tiny brain.

pandering does not equate to quality

No Fukushima = no thank you.

This is why Death Stranding will suck nuts.

MGS4 didn't filter shit. It was insanely highly rated by critics, and pretty highly rated popularly too. It IS the pleb's Metal Gear, for the people who were only into the series for the "wacky" story, and didn't mind the game itself being cut out in exchange for more cut-scenes.
I don't hate it, but it is the worst metal gear game by a wide margin.

I DON'T WANT PANDERING

I AM NOT A FAN

I like GOOD games. I want a new GOOD game with it's own memorable events and characters. And what did i get?Drebin.

I guess this is the part where you link to where I said that.
None of MGS games have writing that stands out as anything beyond overly complex schlock, including MGS2

>no you just don't get it it's so kino
>explain what am I missing
>duhhhhh

Attached: MGS4 Fan.png (800x729, 48K)

I've explained what you're missing multiple times but you just don't get it

Also
>Wojak

Nice.

?
None of the events and characters from any of the MGS games are good. Who are you trying to fool here?

Anyone else here want to punch someone in the face when they say mgs 4 has good fan service?

Fan service is the stupidest concept in existence and never makes anything good or work. This also goes with nostalgia, i hate nostalgia. It's such a overjerked emotion in the culture right now. It's a product. I believe that people that actively seek out nostalgia or handles it like a sacred shrine are subhuman.

>all these zoomers hating on MGS4

Attached: 1403483552255.jpg (300x346, 70K)

I don't hate it. It's just not the best in the series and the story sucks nuts.

I liked MGS4 for having some memorable and good moments, but for me, it was the first time I really discovered that Kojima was full of shit, since all the preview trailers since its first annoucnement were hyping it up to be so much more than the linear rollercoaster that it turned out to be. When the hype for MGSV started, it was cathartic to see how so many people hyping it up only to have their expectations crushed upon release.

Attached: mgs4___drebin_wallpaper_by_tdj1337_d1h2ggl-fullview.jpg (800x640, 61K)

>wants to play the 3rd game that's longer than the 1st and 2nd combined
>doesn't have time for those

Attached: 1513322673594.jpg (374x374, 41K)

MGS4 it least had MGO2.

Your post is logicaly incoherent (as usual with mgs 4 apologisers)

A zoomer would not like mgs 1, because it's the older game and has in their view dated graphics and gameplay. Mgs 4 is a zoomer friendly game with it's easy updated gameplay and storyline without any substance or sublety.

>implying i knew that

Attached: 1565766430567.gif (200x220, 1.09M)

MGS games have zero subtlety, please. Not even him. And the substance is some pretty plain shit.

LIQUID!

>It's just not the best in the series
Literally no one every said that.

MGS4 came out 11 years ago. You zoomers were either not born yet or still shitting in diapers.

Yeah. Neither did I. What's your point?

>MGS4 came out 11 years ago
What the fuck that's not true, is it bros?

Attached: 68759367y658467uy5.jpg (800x781, 65K)

I'm still mad that they axed the theme song because some scumbag Russians claimed it plagiarised some shit song no one's ever heard of to try get money out of them.

There is literally nothing good about 5 outside of the controls.

I have more fond memories of it than MGSV that's for sure. Also MGO with anons from Yea Forums was fun times back then.

Blame Kojima. He decided not to use it "out of respect".

It probably did. Nip composers are the worst at lifting material.

NANOMACHINES!
SOOOOOLIIIID SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
PSYCHO MANTIS! I KNOW WHO THAT IS!
METAL GEAR REX!
MEI LING!
MERYL MARRIES THE GUY WHO SHITS HIMSELF! LOL
EVA!
ROSE!
METAL GEAR RAY!
WE GO BACK TO SHADOW MOSES
REMEMBER THIS LEVEL?!
I CLAPPED, I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT!
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW LIQUID OCELOT!!!
ZERO IN A WHEELCHAIR!
KOJIMA!
SOLID SNAKE IS HERE!...but he's old now...OH WELL!
I CLAPPED BECAUSE OF FAN SERVICE
IT BROKE NEW GROUND!
CAMPBELL! I REMEMBER HIM!
RAIDEN, VOICED BY QUINTON FLYNN, HE USED TO BE BORING BUT NOW HE'S A NON-BIOLOGICAL GREY FOX! HE FIGHTS WITH A SWORD! SO EPIC!
VAMP!
NAOMI SHOWED UP AND I CLAPPED
I CLAPPED BECAUSE I KNOW METAL GEAR!
I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!
"YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD" *rolls hand like a spaz*
BIG BOSS IS ALIVE...SOMEHOW
NANOMACHINES
HYPNOTHERAPY
CQC! OH MY GOD THEY DID CQC JUST LIKE IN 3!
REMEMBER FOXDIE?!
DID YOU CLAP AT ANY OF THE NEW MOMENTS AND MEMORABLE CHARACTERS?
oh wait there weren't any
I CLAPPED WHEN THE TWO GUYS WERE FIST FIGHTING AGAIN IT'S JUST LIKE 1!
REMEMBER THE SNAKE EATER SONG?
AHHHH SO KINO

Seethe. Cope. Dilate.

Harry Gregson-Williams isn't a jap though.

The number of brainlets in this thread who hate 2 shows that it did have subtlety

>original ending was going to be Snake and Otacon turning themselves in and being executed
Why does Kojima hate these characters so much?

>act 5 begins by showing you a huge mobile sea fortress
>you only get to sneak around for 10 minutes
What a cocktease.

Pure onions

>because you lack the understanding of what makes a story great. This is why you'll never make anything.
Never said I thought it was well written and I have made a couple of different things so that assumption was wrong as well. I do recognize that I assumed you didn't care for it from reading your post.

onions

Because MGS2 ended with an uplifting message telling the player to go out and live their life and the fans kept whining about wanting to know the identity of the Patriots causing Kojima to loathe his own creation

It's not a mistake MGS4 is about two guys destroying the world because the misinterpreted the lesson their mentor was trying to teach them