Emulation

God I fucking love emulation. What are you emulating today Yea Forums?

Attached: 2019_09_03 450.jpg (1920x1008, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=IjRpdxTxuM0
youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs
github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/blob/v1.5.3/readme.md#setup
youtu.be/rLVLXJhC5cs
web.archive.org/web/20170912175901/http://wulf2k.ca/
github.com/gibbed/DemonsSoulsDebug/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>b-b-b-but emulation is piracy op! thats morally wrong!

>emulating
KEK

Playing live a live right now. Shit's fun

Emulating MTG right now.
god I love community projects

Attached: 1537704722994.png (471x470, 126K)

The same as you. Based.
Pretty close to getting Fierce Diety now.
I really wish Sakurai would've used this iteration of Young Link for Smash, but I guess that would require actual effort.

Attached: 07.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Symphony of the Night PSX NTSC in mednafen, shit is so cash
people don't realize every rerelease of the game after the PSX was the pal version that runs at 5/6ths speed
people endlessly bitch about how slow and floaty the game is
fuck Sony they just don't want people liking old games I think, they wanna push everyone towards movie games

>Imagine not emulating.
>Imagine paying for (((intellectual property)))

is that citra? does it run the mario and luigi remakes well? what about warioware?

are you using a HD texture pack or something? also please tell me you're using the mod that reverts back the game to how it was on N64

Link to the texture pack OP

>Forge
I wish Forge had a better multiplayer base, it has the best rule enforcement of all magic community projects

reminder to everyone in this thread to use the MOD that fixes the game, it can be installed on a 3DS with CFW or CITRA
github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/releases

Yeah it's an HD Texture Pack someone made recently as well as the Restoration Patch that fixes all the shit that the original remake fucked up.
youtube.com/watch?v=IjRpdxTxuM0

Attached: citra-qt_2019_09_03 449.jpg (1920x1057, 522K)

## Changes 1/2

* **Zora Fast Swim**: Swim gracefully as a Zora without having to use magic
* Fast swim is now the default way of swimming and no longer requires magic.
* Slow swim is still available. Press Up/Down on the D-Pad to *toggle* between fast swim and slow swim. You can also *hold* ZL to slow swim.

* **Fixed Deku Hopping**: Hop on water as fast as in MM
* Deku Link's walk acceleration value was nerfed in MM3D (2.0 -> 0.6). As a possibly unintended consequence, this made hopping on lilypads very slow compared to the original even if you spin at the optimal time.

* **Fast Transform**: Transform without having to equip items for a more streamlined gameplay
* Three of the four D-Pad buttons are now used to fast transform (*Left*: Zora, *Up*: Goron, *Down*: Deku)
* This frees up as many as 3 buttons!

* **Dedicated Physical Buttons** for more convenient access to items and menus
* Open the *Items* menu by pressing START.
* The *Bomber's Notebook* is now mapped to SELECT.
* *Ocarina of Time*: ZR+A
* *Pictograph Box*: ZL
* *I*: ZR+X
* *II*: ZR+Y
* It is now possible to assign items to I and II with a single press.
* The Gears and Map menu can be opened with ZR+Start / ZR+Select respectively.
* For the ocarina screen, it is possible to switch between the instrument screen and the song list with Start/Select.

* Fixed a possible softlock during the Twinmold boss intro.

2/3

* **More Fluid Bomber's Notebook**: Less annoyingly slow popups and transitions
* The Bomber's Notebook screen now updates instantly when it's opened instead of waiting for 1.8 seconds just before starting the "new" text animation (!), followed by another 1.18s pause and another 1.56s delay until the main text box appears (!!).

* **Fast Arrow Switching**: Press ZL to quickly switch between arrow types (Normal/Fire/Ice/Light).

* **Song of Time Saving**: The Song of Time now optionally saves the game. Players will be greeted with the iconic *Dawn of the First Day* screen after loading a Song of Time save, just like in the original game.

* **More Effective Inverted Song of Time**: Slow time to 1/3 speed (as in the original)
* Makes some glitchless challenge runs possible again.
* Gives the player more time in a three-day cycle.

* **Improved Bosses**:
* Removes the eyeballs from Odolwa, Goht and Gyorg.
* Balances Odolwa's AI and attacks to improve gameplay.
* Fixes a game bug that caused Odolwa to be invulnerable to attacks and block excessively.
* **Improved Twinmold**: Less tedious, less confusing
* Reduced the number of cycles to make it less repetitive.
* Red Twinmold no longer resets its hit counter every time it burrows back into the sand. As a result, the battle is much less confusing for new players.

* **Restored Ice Arrows**: Ice arrows that work in more locations
* Ice arrows now work everywhere in Great Bay Temple, not just in Gyorg's room. This gives the player the freedom to experiment with ice arrows. Ice arrows also work in several other areas, just like in the original game.
* Removed the sparkling water effects as they were an insult to the player's intelligence.

It's meant to be played with friends or alone.
Use Xmagic for online-focused multiplayer with strangers

Attached: 1562090490643.png (1280x747, 1.43M)

Looks like it was made with an algorithm

3/3

* Other minor adjustments to improve the player's experience:
* Adjusted the speed of Stone Tower blocks for a more pleasant climbing experience.
* The moving platforms in Deku Palace and Woodfall Temple now actually always move.
* The Bombers will no longer distract the player from a particular cutscene.
* The new Sheikah hint stone will also no longer distract the player during an important cutscene in the Clock Tower.
* Captain Keeta now walks as fast as in the original game, which restores the challenge of the chasing mini-game.
* Link no longer plays the Elegy of Emptiness a second time after it's been played once. This makes Stone Tower a lot less tedious, considering it needs to be played 10+ times to beat Stone Tower Temple normally.
* For similar reasons, the Song of Soaring is only repeated once during a play session.
* Owl statues can now be activated by striking them with a sword.
* It is possible to control Goron Link rolling just like in the Nintendo 64 version: hold A and move to roll, release A to stop. The classic control scheme co-exists with the new one.
* Free camera mode can now be used more often, notably when targeting, talking or playing the ocarina.
* Link can now leave the Swordman's School during training if necessary to avoid wasting time.
* Fixed a game bug that caused the "heart container get" sound not to play after getting four heart pieces.
* Fixed a game bug that prevented the player from leaving free camera mode by targeting when Zora swimming or Goron rolling.

THANK GOD. You're my personal Jesus Christ. I'm gonna play this ASAP

The original Majora's Mask 3D was awful

I generally use Untap.in for multiplayer with strangers and friends and Forge for deck testing against retarded bots

yeah looks like deep learning super sampling
you're welcome, the MOD was made actually based on Nerrel's video that documents all the fuck ups they did to the remake youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs
im not saying he has the credit for the mod but he helped put the word out on how awful the remake is

So the .7z is just a mod file? How do I get it to work with MM3D? I have the newest CFW btw

Still pretty good considering Citra only just got custom texture support a bit more than 2 weeks ago.

What was so bad about it?

i installed it on CITRA so idk how the setup is for 3DS but you can click on the link i posted and check the setup guide for CFW or just fuck, let me spood feed you github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/blob/v1.5.3/readme.md#setup

The entire Jak series works on PCSX2 now.

Attached: gsdx_20190827045521.jpg (3840x2160, 794K)

watch the video this user posted and/or read

Nothing.
I have enough games to play as is.
Whenever I download an emulator I get overwhelmed with the amount of games I'd like to try and wind up barely playing anything.

Since Square isn't bothering to port them on Steam to complete the mainline collection there, i'm having a double feature with the PSP versions of FFI and FFII. Having fun so far.

Never played MM3D but Jesus Christ it sounds horrendously bad.

literally the only good thing about the remake is the improved graphics and some QoL changes but yeah the game also comes with MANY downsides

Even with those fixes the original will be better because of the better sound.

Nerrel's texture pack makes it look better too.

monster hunter portable 3rd

I don't know, I still prefer hand-made shit to be honest.
youtu.be/rLVLXJhC5cs

Attached: 1544407425300.jpg (1172x625, 238K)

This looks fantastic! The 3ds remaster combined with these really do make it the definitive version. Does Citra support VR yet?

I just want the HD fonts and I can't find which texture it is in the huge ass pack

Attached: 1443890732703.png (721x598, 310K)

The one for text boxes? I think this is it.

Attached: tex1_128x128_123D6BE99D056C9E_2.png (128x128, 4K)

Can someone spoonfeed me on how to install this? The tutorial say I need to install certain files but I can't find them.

Doesn't look very HD but alright

fuck off

Why?

you sound like a fag
fuck off back to whatever site you came from

Nigga, I came from HERE.

Wait I found it. It's too big but it's tex1_256x256_AFBC8689C4CFC22E_11

Attached: gsdx_20190827074604.jpg (3840x2160, 1.18M)

stop talking like a fag then

>spend hours getting roms
>setting up all my emulators
>thousands and thousands of games to choose from
>get overwhelmed by choice and just shitpost on Yea Forums instead

Attached: 1567332101919.png (750x750, 39K)

Nevermind, I got it.

This is absolutely fantastic. Is it just this mod or is the motion in MM3D really smooth and fluid? It looks like its running at 60FPS. That may be my overclocked N3DS doing that, but I'm not sure.

same

It's more fluid because it runs at 30 FPS as opposed to the N64's 20 FPS.

Ar Tonelico.
I was going to start with Shadow Hearts Covenant, but then I found out that there's an untranslated director's cut that added a bunch of stuff and that there's someone out there who is sort of working on translating that content to English.

>spend hours getting roms
>not just getting a couple of full sets from the internet archive and then just playing something random

Sorry for not spitting out retarded frogs and wojacks every post.

I'm using RCPS3 to make a Demon's Souls mod.

Attached: screenshot-2019_09_03_04_20_12.jpg (2560x1440, 700K)

Yeah meant that, mostly get them from arcadepunks tho instead of archive. Btw think I'm going to try the DC version of soul reaver, loved the ps1 version as a kid and apparently the dc version is the best way to play it.

Just finished Metroid Prime with the kb+m mod. Fucking glorious.

Attached: 1567458759108.webm (480x480, 1.62M)

what kind of mod

Hey, apprentici! Don't just stand around looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooin' at the sky all day!

Live A L-

Holy fuck. Don't know whether to be spooked or call you my fucking nigga.
How far are you in ?

It looks like the soul has been sucked out of it, but i'm ok with it!

I changed the graphics of the game, doubled the hp of every enemy and npc, made it so that regular black phantom enemies always spawn in any world tendency, you can now fat roll in the swamp and I nerfed consumable souls to only 200 souls each and nerfed grass healing as well, starting from crescent grass from 120hp to 50hp all the way up to dark moon grass healing only 250hp now, they all go up in 50hp increments so, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250 is the maximum healing you can get now.

Attached: screenshot-2019_09_03_17_00_47.jpg (2560x1440, 532K)

Attached: pcsx2 2017-04-09 13-44-13-299.png (1730x973, 2.05M)

>that astral observatory
kino

soulless mods

make infinite hp mod please

>make the game easier
no

Attached: screenshot-2019_09_03_19_43_31.jpg (2560x1440, 1.29M)

How is Cemu these days? Been wanting to play Wonderful 101 lately.

Attached: 1558312644787.jpg (1920x980, 613K)

back to facebook

>making the game more tedious is fun

On Citra right now I mainly emulate Bravely and Kid Icarus.
I love Bravely but man I'm having a hard time finishing this game. Everytime I pick it up I get to an annoying boss and lose motivation to continue. And apparently I'm not even halfway the game yet, even though I already put like 60 hours in.

Attached: citra-qt_2019_04_26_18_44_38_754.png (1534x1347, 566K)

it's not about it being easy I just want to take screenshots.

your gameplay balance mod won't make it any better, the only reason to whine about grass was for invasions and even then it was a cuck complaint.

the only gameplay tweak you could make to improve the game for people would be QOL like removing encumbrance

I'm emulating Animal Crossing GC with an HD texture pack at 4k. Holy shit, it's so great.

Also got Viewtiful Joe today with a similar setup. Looks fantastic and is buttery smooth. Might look into a few more games, even if they don't have such a dedicated modding scene, but it's nice to know that it exists at all.

Also Dolphin works like a charm - it's so easy.

Here's your save editor web.archive.org/web/20170912175901/http://wulf2k.ca/ and better yet, the debug menu, the actual thing I'm using to mod the game github.com/gibbed/DemonsSoulsDebug/releases
have fun!

Is there an HD texture pack for this as well?

Actually started a file not too long ago.

Nah nigga u gay

Shit what version? I was using the version thst fixed min mapping for the Ratchet games.

latest

By latest, he probably means dev version NOT stable. Stable is literally YEARS behind.

>still doesn't fix the lighting
I'm fine emulating my N64 version.

I could care less if his Final Smash was the same, if he did it as FDL I would had been fine with it.

>choosing to play the 3DS remake while already emulating

Attached: Disgusting.jpg (400x300, 63K)

Trying to emulate Mega Man 9 on Dolphin but I can't get the DLCs to work.

Anyone know what the fuck to do?

>he doesn't know

I imagine you've googled your issues?

Haven't tried the game myself so that's exactly what I'd do.

I haven't played it in years but I'm pretty sure that's the original Dark Cloud in the Forest part of the game.

I fucking hated having 10 different assholes I was forced to use. Had to spam items on those terrible floors.

>AC GC

The only good one if for no other reason than they weren't obssessed with jewing nerds for dollars and put actual NES games into the game for the player to enjoy at no extra cost.

Try installing them. :^)

3ds fire emblem games

>What are you emulating today Yea Forums
my will to keep living

Of course I have, it didn't help.

Any updates on Vita emulation?

This

i've been playing a lot of snes/translated sfc stuff. Ihatovo Monogatari has been an interesting rpg that is more laid back, and so far I don't think there's been any combat. It's alright, but kind of slow paced.

Attached: 220px-Ihatovo_Monogatari_Coverart.png (220x402, 154K)

Dark cloud nigga good taste

I tried every method of installation, no luck.

v hard post

I could play BOTW, Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze perfectly fine but W101 shits itself whenever there's a lot of stuff on screen (which is nearly all the time past the start), but it probably runs well if you actually have a good CPU

t. user with a toaster

Attached: crap.png (1208x960, 1.28M)

>Dawn of Sorrow with the luck fixed and Ayami Kojima portraits
Fucking kino. Godbless emulators and fuck every corporate bootlicker that hates them

Attached: 1343476525210.jpg (400x489, 92K)

>The wiki
>Menus work well, 60FPS. Cutscenes have graphical glitches and run below 20 at times and is very choppy. Gameplay works between 5-30 frames, matters on how much stuff is going, as the action ramps the FPS tanks. Audio glitches at times.

So sounds like you'd be better off buying a WiiU for $50.

Maybe you have bad dumps. I don't remember having any issues installing them and I did it through Dolphin QT.

Just finished path of radiance, moving on to radiant Dawn. It's been pretty smooth, great game.

How do I get the border to be black instead of white

Only time i emulate is if it's for a console i can't obtain for cheap or it's a game that's stupidly expensive.

I like emulation but i love my CRT.

You should know that Nerrel's pack will eventually be ported to MM3D, probably after all textures are completed

BotW and 3D World played perfectly. TMS#FE's sound was a bit static-y but otherwise playable. Those are the only games I've played on Cemu.

is that really something you can do that easily?

Where it says background color
I hope that's possible, that'd be pretty sick.

Attached: citra-qt_2019_09_03 457.jpg (612x720, 48K)

When can Majora's Mask 3D's lighting be fixed? That's my main non-gameplay issue.

I doubt it would be easy but Nerrel might do that, I hadn't heard that though user might be full of shit.

im on his server and i've seen him messing with MM3D recently, like fixing the clouds a bit so maybe user is onto something, i honestly havent keep up with the server

I feel like all the QoL improvement hacks you can find these days are outweighing the novelty of playing the originals on CRT. Unless of course you're able to play those hacks on the original hardware but that's not always possible.

Attached: freeze man.png (66x65, 1K)

Is there a 3D World mod that changes the camera? I'd prefer it be centered on the player character and be closer up, like the old promotional screenshots.

Attached: 037.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

What's wrong with the lighting?

Anyway, the bank needs to be moved back to West Clock Town and the invisible soldier needs to be moved back to Ikana Canyon.

>expecting cemu mods for anything but BOTW
running BOTW well its the only thing the emulator has going forward, its also the reason why there's people actually developing it at all

Man, the more time passes, the more I dont like MM3D.

Once someone fixes the lighting, it could easily be the definitive version with the Restoration patch though.

Why?

What's wrong with the lighting?

I hate using buzzwords but it just feels soulless. Even with the patches, it just doesn't feel right to me.

>number them and roll using random.org
>"not really feeling this one"
>repeat
>go back to Yea Forums
Maybe only getting a video game a month at most was part of the appeal.

Part of me wants to try the ReMako mod but I can't find my original FF7 PC CDs and I don't feel like pirating/rebuying it, so my original PSX CDs it is

Attached: ff7.png (1281x961, 163K)

>emulated this piece of shit
>is all about grinding for stats
>even if you grind accuracy for 2 ingame years some monsters can just dodge or counter your attacks
>tablets and stones are extremely rare
after all this i still enjoyed and didnt regret emulating it

Attached: images (15).jpg (187x266, 14K)

Attached: 1233134.png (950x720, 663K)

How do you get that clean looking font?
Mod?

Animal Crossing on Dolphin for Andriod. Cant save but save states exists so i cant complain.

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-165115_Dolphin Emulator.jpg (1440x3040, 1.05M)

See

If you don't like a game without emulating/upscaling it to some ridiculous rez and applying mods to it, you don't actually like the game, you like jerking off about computer specs.

Attached: pills[1].jpg (800x450, 134K)

It's not part of the Restoration patch, it's the HD texture pack in

>tfw beat A Link to the Past on a mobile emulator using the on screen buttons

One of the best gaymen experiences i've had in awhile. It was every bit as good as I remember.

I wanna emulate God Hand but my controller broke and the new one I ordered won't arrive until next week.
There is no feeling worse than wanting to play God Hand, but not being able to play God Hand

>people don't realize every rerelease of the game after the PSX was the pal version that runs at 5/6ths speed

Wait, is that confirmed?

>Got some component cables
>Now my physical PS2 doesn't look like blurry ass
>Torn between physicals and emulation
Bros...

Don't see why you shouldn't go with physical.
Feels more Comfy, no visual glitches that break your immersion.
Only thing emulation has is that it's free

Is there not a shortcut for opening the mask menu in MM3D Restoration? Seems weird that there's a shortcut made for everything else but that.

>Downloaded a bunch of Castlevania games
>After playing a few stages of the older ones I realised I wasn't having any fun besides in Rondo

Is that the soldier armor from BOTW?

more like
>emulation runs like dogshit