Can we agree that file 6 was the best?

Can we agree that file 6 was the best?

Attached: Astral-Chain-1168468.jpg (590x350, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aI97QFWvUKE?t=9m55s
pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/want_astral_chain_on_ps4_ask_nintendo_says_hideki_kamiya
imgur.com/a/13UeZUO
youtube.com/watch?v=5XvQBcB80yA
youtube.com/watch?v=tL6CldIRowc
youtube.com/watch?v=86wE0ly_h5U
youtube.com/watch?v=AvvMnQ2ylQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, it's my favorite so far, though I've only just started File 07. Zone 09 is kind of cozy in its shittyness, and the latter half of the File just gets intense in a great way.

I do, File 11 comes after in terms of cuhrayzeeness

Maybe.
Only thing I'm sure about is that File 08 sucked.

too fucking long

>those bus puzzles

Attached: 1519316759469.jpg (297x350, 47K)

I don't remember which one but I just did the one with the beast legion and it was fucking terrible what the fuck were they thinking

>that single digit framerate during almost the entire chapter

Attached: 1363177727334.gif (308x336, 2.7M)

pleb

Holy SHIT this game got so much more fun after unlocking the baton and legion skillsets. Instead of just having:
>basic attack
>sync attack
>skill 1
>skill 2
>chain bind

You get:
>basic attack
>sync attack
>skill 1
>skill 2
>chain bind
>backflip attack
>aerial launch attack
>AoE attack
>legion AoE
>legion aerial

It really opens the combat up and makes the whole thing a lot more fun. I wasn’t really clicking with the combat at first, but unlocking the baton and legion skills got it to all click and make sense. If anyone isn’t really enjoying the combat, I suggest unlocking those things and see if that makes it better.

the fucking chimera at the end... it was okay but then you have the fucking environment and you are pretty much fucked if you get stuck in those pits of redshift shit as the chimera is coming at you. FPS = gone and health bar = gone

I'm confused, is it not part of the game to unlock the baton and legion skillset? Are you basically telling people to progress and git gud?

After 5 tentatives, I finally got the raven costume

Attached: 1563181592766.png (421x420, 207K)

Far from it. I hated File 6. Made me temporarily drop the game.

>the final fight in chapter 10

Attached: 1539102697919.jpg (640x632, 76K)

Are the cats in file 12 rewards for cases or hidden inside particular cases?

It was pretty good, fighting Kyle was cool and the hermits seemed chill for a bunch of drug addicts
Just finished 7 last night

Well it's not a mandatory thing
It's very possible some very dumb players will go through the whole game with just the vanilla baton and shit

How to launch niggas?

Did that shit first try my nigga
shit was really hard, I'm scared of the last case

Different attacks do it, but I think back-forward baton attacks do

Wrong. It is a mandatory thing, retard.

no

He's talking about upgrading your baton beyond the first step, which is not mandatory at all.

Who else changed their outfits to match along story stuff at times? I love character customization.

>decked self out in Neuron colors + armor + police helmet right before pursuing Jena because it was serious time
>gave self the bandage after getting shot and left for dead, actually fit the civvie clothes well
>final mission was done with bandage with the jacket slot empty because Neuron is basically gone and this is less police work and more vigilante stuff

Looks like it goes crescendo in terms of difficulty in this file

Then how do you get them?

I hope Platinum makes a sequel. This game was really fun and I think a sequel which fixes some small issues could really go a long way.

replaying the files

The game sequelbaits really hard, definitely a possibility. Time to wait for actual sale numbers.

How many files are there? I don't wanna get blindsided with the game ending out of nowhere.

I don't know if it's been asked before but is it possible to change the color of the jacket we got near the end of the game ?

I said file 12. I already have the cats in all earlier files.

Am I supposed to be using Chain Jump to dodge attacks or am I just dodging wrong?

I tried to but I couldn't find enough stuff
I might just change to the cat mask because I'm stupid and it reflects that

Use the doggo

Same
I think it'll do well given how much advertising it's getting, and Nintendo's never seemed to hold Platinum games to very high sales standards
All the concept art makes me hope for a sequel that lets you catch enemies directly and train them pokemon style
Even if there are only 25 catchable enemies, I'd love to just see the concept executed more fully
I'd also love to see them get more creative with the non-combat legion stuff and really make challenging content on that. Maybe even make more challenging investigations where clues are genuinely hard to find and require creative use of legions and IRIS

11 Main story files, but there's also a File 12 which is a pretty meaty post game file with a ton of combat challenges, new boss fights and a super boss at the end which is cool as fuck. There's also a bit of follow-up on the story once you start File 12

Agreed. I think the concepts presented in this game has huge potential if expanded and refined upon further.

Did something similar. It’s great. I love it when games change your costume to fit the story, so getting control over that is just one better. I like the bandage, makes your character look like they’ve taken the serious licks they have over the course of the game.

>The Raven fights

Attached: 1469240085484.gif (240x176, 912K)

Do you dislike them?
>the File 12 Agamemnon fight with Ravens all over the shop
>mfw

Attached: 1565388279260.png (992x753, 1.05M)

What the hell do you do against some of them hanging back and shooting you?

just wait until you get to the ARI fights in file 12 nigga

Attached: 1507686979024.jpg (720x720, 240K)

There wasn't enough shit to justify it for me. I put on glasses when I could and replaced it with the eye patch, but found it all lacking

Ride your dog

corner them and use barrier field to pick them off without interference, also git gud

>Doing the File 12 Cases
>Huh, this isn't too bad
>Get to the first ARI Case
>Oh shit I get a Raven costume when I complete it? Cool
>THAT chimera spawns and Chad slow walks towards me
>More Ravens spawn behind him
>mfw

Attached: 1565389615861.jpg (754x1149, 180K)

I changed my red outfit to black and put on cool sunglasses for the last two files. then after beating noah I switched to purple and gold, to celebrate.

I honestly don't remember how I got around it.
I think it was just a matter of dodging and using a ton of perfect calls

>I changed my red outfit to black
dude how did you do that ?

you literally can't get into this area to finish the mission on time
fuck this horseshit game

Attached: EDkd3iGWsAMXbDO.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

First couple of files I was in full Neuron gear
Then I switched it up a bit with the colors but still stuck to a Police aesthetic
After getting fucked over I stuck with civvie clothes and changed my hair color
In the Final file I took on full police gear except without the big "POLICE" breastplate and stuck with a white and black color scheme.

I did. Maybe (you) literally can’t.

But you can though. You're just overlooking the entrance and blaming your own faults on the game because you're assmad.

So where's the last Lappy part? I have the Badge, Arms, Wisdom, Legs, and Body. Is it a File 12 reward, or did I miss out on it?

You can buy the head in File 12 for 100K

From Brenda by the way. She's in the infirmary.

I changed the colour on my jacket from red to black

I'm not really sure what else I can add. Also, I added in tights (seeing as those are always black, seemingly no option to change them).

prove it niggers
there's literally no way into that walkway

Where do you get the police helmet? And how do you get the Raven gear— just by playing through the files or is there a specific case?

nigga you retarded or blind, actually maybe both

>no proof
looks like I'm right

youtu.be/aI97QFWvUKE?t=9m55s
mouth breathing retard

Attached: Untitled.png (1276x716, 2.11M)

Absolute goddamn retard.

Attached: all_around_are_familar_faces.jpg (749x537, 40K)

Stinger with heavy sword is a launcher on almost every Legion

How do you unlock more cosmetics? I’ve only gotten one at the end of each file. I’m on file 5. Game is very fun.

Doing Orders from the Legatus menu mostly

I’ve only gotten colors from that. I’m talking about physical pieces. Half of my cosmetic slots are entirely blurred out.

If I leave file 12 to start another one do I lose all progress I made with the cases?
Also is there any way to get the Raven legion aesthetic?

Haven't beat 6 yet, tracking douglas, and so far this is potentially this games redemption. After dealing with 5 files of fetch quest horseshit and practically 0 good combat scenarios, file 6 finally introduces something interesting. The hermit fight shows a promising future to the game. Too bad it took so long.

You get other comestics from side missions and Legion unlocked areas by going back and replaying older Files

that area is blocked off dumbass
you can't get in from either side

I don’t plan on going back to previous files until I beat the game. Sounds good, though.

11 > 9 > 7 > 6 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 10 > 8 >2 > 1

Press left analog stick to crouch

the best part is that you don't even need to replay all the cases. You can select chapters in each file and even you can end the file anytime you want.

That's very handy because maybe you just want S+ an specific part n' shit.

What skills have you been using? I'm up to File 08 right now and I really haven't touched skills much- partly cause I'm still getting used to mixing everything together in the heat of combat, and partly because ZL+L is a little awkward to use.

I know I can change the colors of my legions but can I change the colors of my MC ?

Yes

Go find the Locker Room.

On the default control scheme it's ZL + X / Y, which makes a lot more sense.
Best skills are usually the ones unlocked later on in the tree. But the easy to get must haves are Howl on Beast and Blue Shield on Axe.

Yes. In the locker room.

I mean the color of my clothes

... Go find the Locker Room.

file 6 was underwhelming because a optional fight(webm related) was harder than the final fight of file 6

Attached: 1555222248555.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

yes user, you can.

>sunglasses
when do you unlock those or get them? i just started file 8

I can only change clothes or hair/eye color

I'm only at the start of file 8, so far I've only thought it appropriate to change outfits for file 6 to something that looks a bit more civvie (didn't know I'd actually outright change outfits lol) and then in file 7 I matched the color scheme of Akiravs raven outfit. I switched back to my neuron colors (but with red highlights on the jacket instead of white to indicate that I'm the only active legianis aside from Akira) that I'd been using up to that point for file 8.

I refuse to believe they wrote the other sibling's plot line with the guy in mind being a whiny faggot fits the girl so much more especially with the stupidity of that mental break down and picking a fight with you for no reason

Go find the cop with sunglasses.

what the fuck
where do I find that?

Anyone can have stress and be upset, it’s not a girl only thing

You can change your clothing colors in the equipment tab I believe. Just look around, it’s in there

sure user, but you didn't get the based female version of dark hero

Anyone know if Legion Speed Boosts affect Arm's gattai mode?

Ok thanks

Yeah but going nuts on the clones then seeing you and going REEEEEEE MY POWER I FAKE BUT YOURS ISN'T I'LL KILL YOU even after all you did for them prior to going there like turning into a monster to save them. even dumber is them thinking they're a clone when if someone actually listened to dr bad touch you they'd know they're the real deal, the fact that they could think on their own and defy the man should have proved that then the game ends and they don't even get a decent resolution to what they've been acting like all game I feel cheated

whoever came up with the gyro balance minigames can go burn in hell for eternity.

Floating platforms in the back of the earlier building once the lightning storm begins.

on file 6?

Did I fuck up by completing the info broker side quest first does it lock out of the other blue quest?

I think so? The one with Kyle. It's right after you meet him on the roof.
It does seem to be possible to miss certain cases by progressing other ones in that area. I missed a couple the first time.

For a Platinum game it sure takes itself seriously

I think it's more fitting as the girl because then you have a whiny brother who tries to protect you but sucks and feels inadequate that you have the longer chain. I think he also looks better in the Raven gear.

Also the ending becomes too on the nose if your sister is literally Rei stopping instrumentality.

It's a shame that Kyle is only in this file and as sequel/DLC tease in the epilogue. Probably could have thrown out all of File 8 for Kyle and the Hermits launching their attack on Union.

Is it implied that Hal was the former leader of the hermits or am I reading too much into things?

>Finally track down a copy at a gamestop due to a helpful employee pointing me to a store that had some when even the website said they didn’t

I’m a happy guy. Traded splatoon 2 and a couple other games In and ended up getting it for 10 bucks. I’ll best Okami in the next couple of days then jump over to this game.

It seems pretty obvious as the File goes on- previous leader was more of a techy nerd, Hal's a genius programmer/hacker with a strangely soft spot for Z09, and Sector V in particular.

>Nearly twenty hours in.
>Just now realized orders/achievements give you presents.

Attached: 1532706763161.jpg (790x767, 157K)

I ended up enjoying this far more than I thought I would, cliche anime story aside. Loved the overall aesthetic, especially with the menu UIs, and all the color customization.

I haven't seen much evidence of that. Delivering lines straight doesn't mean something is taking itself seriously. This game is campy and retro as fuck from start to finish.
I think he at least knew them personally since he seems to be from the same area. His awkwardness with human interaction would make leading an actual gang very difficult, but maybe. He's obviously old friends with Kyle.

Axe > Arms > Sword >>>>>> Beast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bow

I find bow is a useless piece of shit in the early game and top 3 in postgame.

For what's almost a budget title from PT, I'm really happy with the game. It's nice to have a studio try a new IP once in a while, and put a lot of work into it.

>Budget
Its one of the best looking switch games

If anybody have anymore Astral Chain webms of the girls being cute, I'll gladly accept them.

Attached: Marie Milkies.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

I don't think I'd call it AAA, though, unless I just don't know what I'm talking about

Attached: Shizu Walking.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

AAA is a non descriptor.

Should I pick this game up?

Attached: Shizu Walking2.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

You don't know what either budget or AAA means you mongoloid. Astral Chain is the most ambitious game that Platinum has ever made.

Attached: Alicia Lopez.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

So what do people want in the inevitable sequel? Personally I wanna see more of Kyle, maybe expand the legion roster and make chimeras catchable like how the initial premise was. And please in the sequel, have the main protag being voiced.

Attached: EDiyfYTXUAAryZP.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

Attached: Alicia Lopez2.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

Technically, they are optional upgrades. And they do cost you some rare material, so I could see people putting off the upgrades.

One of the upgrades lets you backflip them into the air if you press the attack button near a stunned enemy. You can also launch yourself into the air by pressing up, down, then attack

Attached: Li Fang.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

>Game is very fun.
what does it play like?

Beast is literally top tier, what the fuck
>Can ride around for extreme mobility
>Nearly invincible while riding, auto-dodges most attacks
>Has Howl as an early skill, which not only paralyzes everything in range, but ALSO has no diminishing returns like a chain bind
>Helps you track people
>Digs items up for you
>Is a good boy

>le good boy reddit doggo

It’s not my fault the beast legion is the best in the game. The other legions got shafted pretty hard, except maybe axe

>thought it was done after the last spawn before the chimera
>used almost all my health items thinking it was
"huh. that was weird, there wasn't a health bar abo-"
>chad chimera appears
>raven niggers appear
>mfw

Attached: NOOO.png (1070x601, 507K)

So far I'm not super far in, just finishing up file 3. For some reason it doesn't feel as good as other platinum/character action games. It just feels less precise, like I should be mashing more than trying to pull something off. The dodge is kind of funky, I'm aiming for perfect dodges but my timing is off probably from other games in the genre. But the thing that really bugs me is that you can easily get caught in enemy combos. If you get hit the first time you're guaranteed to be stuck in the enemy's string.

Also, the bosses are less than stellar so far. The punch boi in file 2 was a pain just because of random bullshit, and the Arrow legion in 3 was annoying. Flying away once I reach him, it wouldn't be that big of an issue if he wasn't going so far.

Legion skills are kind of annoying too, it's nice to have a Raiden style cutmode but it feels way grosser than Revegeance.

Akira is a punk-ass too

Attached: 1552261921386.jpg (1200x1186, 137K)

It would be if not for the atrocious stealth section.

Just chain them up

>character action games
Stopped reading there.

>Brutalizing fellow officers who are just doing their job
No way, real Chads distract them with empty cans.

yeah I was retarded and forgot you can crouch below the pipe on the east side too.

>just finishing up file 3
The combat opens up immensely at the end of chapter 3, stick with it for a little longer user. And upgrade your baton + legion skills, trust me
>It just feels less precise, like I should be mashing more than trying to pull something off
Like I said, combat opens up a TON after chapter 3. I was kinda stumbling at first too, but once you unlock more moves, you can easily and precisely take down enemies in any way you want. You’ll eventually have options for charge attacks, AoE, aerials, defense, mobility, utility, etc.
>But the thing that really bugs me is that you can easily get caught in enemy combos. If you get hit the first time you're guaranteed to be stuck in the enemy's string.
You have to dodge back from the attack, then you can keep on dodging. If you don’t dodge away, you’re fucked. Alternatively, just use the beast to run away or the axe to defend

>Character action game
Base retard. Platinum made it clear it wasn't going to be like that.

Attached: 1564708675400.png (505x611, 454K)

is the story as good as automata?

Holy shit that looks awesome. I saw that webm before I played File 6 and once I finished the game I felt I had missed something.

It's still a platinum style game, you can expect certain things from it.

>Astral Chain is the most ambitious game that Platinum has ever made.

Attached: shiggy ellen.jpg (720x732, 103K)

No, but its a fun mix of Evangelion, Tokusatsu and Digimon

>Legion tech is being used by all of Neuron by file 12, so I'd imagine the thugs and villains will also have access to the tech in a sequel
>unique areas to explore like Section Z09, maybe an upper class section that's more vibrant and clean or a nature preservation place
>actual environments in the Astral Plain instead of the same one for every visit
>crimes can happen randomly like a purse snatcher you have to chase down
>ability to explore areas outside of missions to do side quests and police work, Neuron HQ still acts as a hub
>Legion skills are all unique
>Lance/Staff baton for ranged close combat
>fast, combo heavy Legion that has weaker attacks
>more character outfits and customization
>ability to customize Legion parts

The most ambitious game Platinum never made was Scalebound.

>press A to pet dog

Attached: 1480031285415.png (305x421, 257K)

The most Platinum things about this game are the slowdown dodges and the rating for each battle.

>Astral Chain is the most ambitious game that Platinum has ever made.
No, that's still Wonderful 101. I really like Astral Chain, but it's nowhere near as ambitious as W101

I play on a cheap pro-con that's wired-only and has no gyro controls.
So the balancing is just done using the right stick, and that's pretty tolerable.

anyone got the lowdown on slime locations? I personally need 5 through 8 and 10

Based list, I would also like some more character work, only a few of the Neuron police get fleshed out, but hopefully the other can get some moments to shine and be actual characters in the story.

How does it compare to Bayo or MGR in terms of fun boss battles and hype moments?

Attached: 1567209269365.jpg (1910x1440, 392K)

honestly, props to them for making an anime latino that looks right.

Attached: 1567209302318.jpg (2036x1440, 442K)

thats a pretty good smug face, good god max was an idiot.

If boss battle quality was a great big ladder, it'd be one rung below those two.
About 2 storeys above just about everything else.

Better than being a catfag

"Most ambitious game platinum ever made" or not, it's surprisingly fun and well made. I hope there's a sequel

YOU JUST KNOW

>Doesn't like dogs
My best friend is my dog. Fugg u

>Max met Alicia when she was a kid and had a cute fatherly scene with her
How often did they fuck once his wife died and Alicia joined the force?

There better fucking be a sequel
Astral Chain struggles with bosses in the beginning, but gets some really great ones later on in the game
I think the game has more hype shit than Bayonetta, but not as much as MGR. Still, loads of crazy hype shit.
In terms of fun boss battles I think MGR has more fun battles. In the grand scheme of things I find Astral Chain's boss fights more fun than Bayonetta's, however, none of the bosses in Astral Chain reaches the heights of the best bosses from Bayonetta 1

can't argue with this one

Nah, Max is the clueless shonen mc archetype.

Attached: 2019083123465400-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 216K)

so I got the favorite color set 1, where the shit do you get the rest of them? I don't see any unlocks for them under orders.
I wanna have more than one setup here.

Can't wait til she finally has enough, takes charge, gets him drunk, takes advantage of him, and then has some cute moments with him afterwards

How many traffic accidents did Marie's giant honkers cause from distracted gawking drivers?

>Doctor notices the uptick of accident cases in the ER on the days when Marie works

Attached: 7B8A2672-9ABC-405F-887B-E382539BA4EE.jpg (742x417, 113K)

He's not wrong. Every chapter after 2 should be split in half so the game would have roughly 20 chapters like DMC and Bayo.

as far as I can tell the chapters in this game are more or less organized into a "piss around at home" section followed by a "piss around talking to people" section, and ending it with combat sections.
well later on the investigation shit falls away I suppose.

Alicia "Mommy" Lopez!

I liked the investigation parts. It was nothing special, I guess, but it's been a while since I've played a game with investigation portions like that, and went a good way towards making Neuron feel like part of the police.

It's pretty cool that they all end in boss fights though.

oh I liked it too, the postgame suffers for it's absence imo.

How’s the replay value and is platinum difficulty actually hard?

More than anything does it feel like a complete game or does it feel like they are holding back for the sequels they were planning?

I don't think they were holding back, but there are some hooks that they could use to make a sequel.

It definitely feels like a complete game.

>Noah Cores theme

Attached: 1543705207888.png (263x313, 181K)

The main HQ theme is really great too. One of my favorites in the whole game.

There are a lot of hidden fights in the game one in chapter 10 I think, you get by talking to some guy who says he feels weird then he runs off after the gate appears. If you you find him again he's further in the town then an investigation spot pops up hidden behind a dumpster right of him in another area which leads right next to him and he runs back to town. There is one that you can only get from a specific dig spot in either 11 or 10 it's a snake boss on steroids. Then there's the one that you get for doing all the red cases in the town of file 10 with the lightning fox chimera etc.

top kek lad

Who's the best character in Astral Chain, and why is it Greggs?

Attached: kima_mtymgx.jpg (720x405, 81K)

Much to think about.

Attached: ooo.png (1280x720, 635K)

The girl with the eyepatch who usually hangs out by the helicopters

I can't stop getting angry at the fucking a scores. S+ for all regular battles but shit like stealth or fighting with a dumb gimmicky bosses, straight C's and D's.
Fuck off I don't deserve these ranks, why can't you just grade me on oh I don't know, actually taking dmg and not just spamming a different combo every time for "style" points

>Having a good thread but it's getting late
>See a giant spider on the floor
>Destroy it
>Go to bed
>Try and sleep for 10 minutes but I can't
>Suddenly feel something crawling on my back
>Fuck
>Giant spider crawling on my back then up on my face until I swipe it off and destroy it
>Can't sleep anymore
>Constantly feel a crawling creepy sensation all over my body
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

... ...?!

Unlock perfect calls on all your legions as soon as possible. Its a good defensive option. You shouldnt just be using dodge to avoid every attack in this game.

My sibling wears red and keeps getting stabbed through the chest by swords.

Replay value?

Does anyone know what the fucking deal is with the hermit code on case 8? where do you start the directions?

>She will never tell you ... ... ....! in bed

How's Australia?

Hard to say if this is replay value for you or not, but you can replay all of the files to do the sub missions and get unlockables, get better grades on your file clears, etc. And, though it changes nothing, you can play as the other twin.

So did anyone ever manage to find out if theres a way to avoid damage from Jena's giant laser?

The game has so many sequel hooks that is not funny.
>Upgrade tech allows anybody to have stands...i mean legions without danger of rebellion.
>They want to take back the continent, they even have a squad for that.
>In the end, it wasn't explained what chimeras were exactly.
>The local "mysterious and evil" group is still out there.
>Is the sibling at the end the original or a clone?
>

>tfw actually Scandinavia

Attached: 1526711143164.png (259x316, 78K)

Plus is Max still out there or is he part of the Axe Legion now?

Well you know the answer to the last one if you look in the profile.

What do you mean by giant spiders? Finnbro here, only spiders I've ever seen are really small ones, half cm diameter body at most, some with short legs, some with longer legs

>Is the sibling at the end the original or a clone?
Akira is 100% a clone. They salvaged one of the clone bodies, and then brenda implanted the leftover memories of the original Akira from her legion into the clone body.

Not him but can you tell me please? Game sold out in my country in literally hours and couldn't get one.

What the fuck do you do if you botch a a slippery slime?

Ausfag here. I've had something very similar happen to me. The main difference was my superior spider sense allowed me to evade before it reached my face.
And of course the elder gods who made the astral plane file storage could come back and wonder why their system isn't working as intended. The sibling is definitely a clone if you read their updated entry, but it doesn't seem like it particularly matters since they're functionally the same minus some of the memories from the end of the game.

>From her...
>Her
Don't assume everyone choose male akira, is annoying.

Anything like a bloody palace or boss rush?

I can't think of anything less important to get upset at user.

Nobody cares about jizzbrain pronouns.

I forgot one.
>The cool "actual cyberpunk MC" is still alive and joined you.

>Kill big demom
>Find a "broken X-baton" or "twisted X-baton"
Is the game trying to imply most of the minibosses and bosses are ex-neuron?

What's the use of the garbage armor I keep getting? Do I just sell it

In case a few of you are about to come in here to shitpost, Kamiya pretty much confirmed the game is a Switch exclusive so you can stop asking Yea Forums
pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/want_astral_chain_on_ps4_ask_nintendo_says_hideki_kamiya

More likely that they've killed police officers who got their X-batons stuck in them while fighting.

Not Neuron but police in general, maybe. Or they killed police earlier.

>And of course the elder gods who made the astral plane file storage c
I genuinely love that it's somehow both cyberspace, data, and an organic plane with monsters

>Be neuron agent
>Fighting giant chimera
>Whack it with baton, it gets stuck in the chimera's body
>Die
>Chad MC defeats it later, sells your destroyed weapon for some cash so he can buy cheetos and a capri sun

Yes, they net you a shitload of cash too

Yes, all items under the salvage tab are meant to be sold of, except for cat food and empty cans, which are meant to be given to the cats of the cat shelter and thrown into garbage cans respectively.

Yeah. All the stuff like "torn cap" or "broken x-baton" is just vendor trash.

Who's your favorite Vendor-3?

What's the minimum score for S+ on lappy balloon? and why the fuck did Kamiya dictate file 8 consist of 90% mini-games?

>AP is essentially a first party Nintendo IP
This could be really great, if they grow the IP well. Hopefully they stick with PT though

When you reach the postgame file, Olive whips up 71 new cases to challenge you with increasing difficulty.

Shy.

>almost got this girl ran over because I wanted the can

Attached: oh god .webm (640x480, 1.62M)

I just beat the game and saw the new files. Are they worth playing or nah? I'm a little burned out tbqh

Believe me user, clones always get issues if they learn the truth, just ask kurono 2, Ple two or superman jr.

>Are they worth playing or nah?
Depends - did you like the game or nah?

Niiiice

Who is the "actual cyberpunk MC"?

They're necessary if you want to be completionist since they hold some valuable things like premium material and the raven suit, but otherwise they're just there if you want more fights.

I think he means Kyle.

Cheeky bastards put a Beast Legion item and an Arrow Legion item in File 1. Man, I must've missed a lot.

I did, but 71 files of pure fighting sounds kinda boring. Now that I have the beast legion + baton maxed out, all the fights pretty much go the same and it's not really as fun anymore

tsun

Genki, as always.

File 6 and 7 are the definite highlights of the game, both for completely different reasons. 6 is just a nice slow adventure into new unknown territory, meeting new character, and capped off by an excellent climax.

File 7 is just pure action insanity.

>Now that I have the beast legion + baton maxed out, all the fights pretty much go the same and it's not really as fun anymore
So try out a different play style/different legions

The challenges are a bit of a step up in difficulty from the main game.

Is there any special dialogue for brenda if you wear the lappy outfit outside the case?

anons I just went into a gate in chapter 9 right at the beginning and I'm stuck in an empty arena with no way out and no enemies are spawning
what do I do

Have you tried solving a puzzle?

The director straight up admitted in an interview he's got two more games planned.

Only if this one does well.

>tfw you realize your hard earned tax payer dollar is going to an autistic police officer rolling and doing flips on the street.

>Yoseph is talking with a council of powerful people about some shady shit, can't wait to find out who they are and how this pans out
>It doesn't

>This Kyle guy has a hella cool design and a stake on this battle I can't wait to see how his character arc pans out
>It doesn't

>Jena just drops the bomb that the Astral Plane is made of people and it's not killing manking but rather "reorganizaing" it, can't wait to find out who's behind it and how this plot point pans out
>It doesn't

Man, I'm either a retard that missed out on the conclusion of the plot threads or a fuckload of them got left hanging.

>tfw you see an officer spent 30,000g on fucking ice-cream because some asshole keeps bumping into them

Hooks! This was such a 90s anime I didn't mind them being so obvious. If they don't ever make a sequel or story DLC, that will still be part of the charm.

>Jena just drops the bomb that the Astral Plane is made of people and it's not killing manking but rather "reorganizaing" it
We /Eureka Seven/ now?
>redshift/corruption is just the scubcoral, trapar, and desperation disease

Attached: Eureka Seven Earth Rainbow.jpg (859x1024, 156K)

Sequel bait.

I honestly don't mind plot threads left open if there's a good chance of sequel

>Fight the Homunculus in Chapter 6
>He glitches out and is stuck to the wall and floor so I was able to just wail on him until he died

Attached: 1449029052485.png (355x362, 207K)

I'm currently on Chapter 10. How much of the game do I have left?

>Chapter 10
>Chapter 11 (short-medium)
>71 extra files of pure battling
>all the orders

SOMETHING DEEP INSIDE
KEEPING ME ALIVE
FUSING INTO THE UNKNOWN
LOSING MY OWN CONTROL

took me until file 9 to find out about the rewards you get like more costumes and legion colors. too bad the legion colors are so ugly for the ones I've unlocked

7 > 6 > 11 > 9 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 10 > 8 > 2 > 1

Can we agree that 30fps in action games is automatic 0/10 trash? Imagine what this game could be if it weren't held back

>Can't actually turn the Legion black
I can't edge like this

Attached: maxresdefault(5).jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Kamiya didn't even direct but File 8 seems like the kind of thing he'd do anyway.

Did you get the medical outfit?

Attached: 2019090219331700-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

>Can make my Legion the same color as EVA-01. I'm happy enough

Yes.

Attached: oh my.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

MAID

File 6 was comfiest, hated the forced stealth sections and the Dark Souls of Ice Cream minigames but exploring the slums and questioning the downtrodden civilians made me feel like a noir detective pursuing my own brand of justice instead of just following orders. Most games would have you start in the slums before getting to a metropolis area. Kyle was also based. Reminded me of a NMH/Furi/Jet Set Radio design. I’d love to see more of him in the inevitable sequel.

Just finished it, fucking Noah Prime is not an easy boss. Really hoping for a sequel to tighten up everything besides the combat, they really fucking nailed that part.

First is sequel bait.
Second is something I hope appears in the sequel because Kyle looks and seems goddamn cool. I want more.
Third kinda already explains itself, the Astral Plane is its own thing and does it because its programmed to. Its a natural phenomena.

Nostalgia Critic?!

The director backtracked on the statement, but he probably was serious when he stated that Astral Chain was planned as a trilogy.

Attached: 2019090218353301-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

I know it literally just came out, but when are we going to know how well the game's sold?

>Kevin is the coolest, best character in the game
>Has easily the best voice actor
>Has the coolest design (besides the Raven Armor which is ungodly badass)
>Only appears for 1 chapter
WHAT THE FUCK.

Concrete numbers wise we don't know (and might not ever. Nintendo doesn't like releasing digital sales numbers). But it's currently #1 on the charts in UK and #2 in the US (#1 is Link's Awakening). Famitsu should have numbers on Japanese sales Satuday, but it's currently #10 on Amazon Japan.

He will be a full time friend along with Hal in the sequel.
I'm honestly upset the game isn't a bit longer with a proper team-up.
Apparently Kevin is still juiced on Blue Evolve and is a bit beyond human at this point, something close to what Jena is.

How the fuck am I supposed to save Richard?

Attached: Soul_Calibur_6_(VI)_Lizardman_(Generic_Aeon_Calcos).png (305x635, 372K)

Arrow, legion action, shoot the fucking bird

Bind him you kinky fuck.

Am I missing something? Who the fuck is kevin?

imgur.com/a/13UeZUO

Attached: 2019083100412700-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

FUCK I am retarded

>Flying

Pretty sure they mean Kyle

user, have you checked the postgame?

The hacker known as Kevin.
You meet him in File 6.
Looks like a Cyberpunk protag, fights the man and leads a group called the Hermits.
All around cool guy and even uses his own custom Gladius that he apparently designed from a broken X-Baton.
He can use all three forms but thinks the Gladius form is the coolest, would get along with Max and Jin like a house on fire.

>automata
>good

Is Male Akira as passive-aggressive as Female Akira? She comes off as really bitchy all the time.

>no Fem akira art
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Where do I find the police helmet?

They have the exact same dialog and reactions.

>Not using auto-bind.
You do this to yourself.

Yes you are. I thought locking on would do the job at first but he wa screaming in pain so i had to resort to actually using the arrow legion.

It's Kyle you silly billy.

That's why I consider the MC being male as canon. A girl can get away with acting like that, but no one would tolerate a guy acting like a total fag

Yes but only worse because his VA isn't very good.
That said, he looks better in the Raven armour and has glorious abs.

It's not often I feel like I use it in a meaningful capacity

I beat both jena boss fights in around 2 minutes
isn't she supposed to be difficult or something

I meant Kyle but its 3:00 a.m. here and I shouldn't be awake.

We all put up with you.

Yeah, that's why i seriously contemplated letting him die instead of using arrow.

This game as a whole is pretty easy (I'm not counting PT Ultimate because you can't play your first round on it)

>tfw overclocking the Switch
>tfw no fps drops

Attached: 070.png (633x874, 64K)

I consider the girl being canon considering the breakdown of the sibling.
>SHUT UP! YOU'RE NOT STRONGER THAN ME JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A LEGION, I'M NOT WEAK!
Exclusively a beta male trait, almost never see it in women.
>HA HA CHECK OUT MY NEW EDGY UPGRADES! THE COMMANDER IS GREAT AND WE SHOULD DO WHAT HE SAYS!
The most loyal soldiers are always the beta males given a scrap of meat from their masters table.
>I LOVE CATS BUT HIDE IT! NOBODY MUST KNOW ABOUT THE SECRET CAT FORT!
Women wouldn't lie about loving cats, its normal for them to love animals. Dude pretended not to care because he wanted to look tough, which is why he acted like an asshole to Marie.

They just wrote whichever sibling you aren't to be a resentful beta who still cares about you but struggles with an inferiority complex, it suits the guy better than the girl, especially given that the entire bit of demon taming and mentally/spiritually merging with your demon and fighting together is way more of a girl thing.

>especially given that the entire bit of demon taming and mentally/spiritually merging with your demon and fighting together is way more of a girl thing.
how so?

but I liked the bus puzzles. Last one took me a while, but the click felt good

>especially given that the entire bit of demon taming and mentally/spiritually merging with your demon and fighting together is way more of a girl thing.

Attached: what braids.png (627x620, 51K)

Waifufags gonna fag.

You can do that modded? How's the heat regulation? Cause this thing feels like it's going to melt if you take it out of the dock after an intensive game.

I agree completely. I also think that the main character's lack of characterization suits the girl better somehow. I guess because it comes off as kind of demure as opposed to completely autistic on the guy.

Okay that's a bit more of a stretch, but in my mind it's because it feels more natural for a girl to need a guardian or protector.

I just put on the skull ventilator and changed my police uniform colors from dark green/black to dark green/white.

>but in my mind it's because it feels more natural for a girl to need a guardian or protector.
On the other side of the same token, is it not manly to have total control over a crazed beast, the way man tamed animals? Or be the master of what is, essentially, a living weapon?

>snap a picture of the moon
>check archive
>"oh yeah, the moon's red now might be corruption in the atmosphere but some think there's gates forming on the moon"
Sequel's gonna be in space.

The more I play it, the more I understand the guy who asked for it to be on the PS4. This is the 2nd game that is gimped by the Switch's lack of power. (other being BOTW, I don't really count Fire Emblem, or Pokémon - yet) 30fps is not enough for a fast-paced action game such as this. 720p looks fucking awful on a TV. How is the emulated version? Is it playable?

Attached: 1559143220196.jpg (1000x1000, 643K)

>Press A to destroy the moon

>Anti-grav legion fights
>Meteors smashing through gates in the midst of battle

>The moon becomes fucking Hellstar Remia.
BRING IT ON BABY!

It's really not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be

Maybe Sony should throw some of there money at Platinumgames like nintendo.

>30fps is not enough for a fast-paced action game
It's perfectly fine for it, stop spreading this bullshit
If you can't play an action game correctly because "muh fwames :(((" then you shouldn't be playing action games

How many hours do people spend to produce shitposting material?

This just seems absurd

Nope. It's like how even though horses were used by the manliest manly conquerors throughout history who warred, raped, and pillaged for millenia, horses are now the girliest shit ever. Try being a man when you're into "dressage," you can't do it.

It can handle it, the cooler is actually a bit oversized and the CPU underclocked. Still, I wouldn't go over 1426/822 OC in docked mode, and make sure the Switch has enough room to dissipate heat. Also, these numbers are for 25 and less ambient,so adjust accordigly to your temp. Also know that there's not any data on long term damage. I've only heard of one case where the Switch was damaged though. So if you want to OC to the max (around 1780/914) , be warned.

With sys-clk you can choose which games to overclock and by how much. You can also underclock 2D games to get better battery life.

>Playing File 3
>In downtown area with the crosswalk sections
>Out of curiosity, decide to sit in crosswalk until it turns red to see what would happen
>Get cited for jaywalking

>Running around in File 2
>Knock over some trash cans
>Akira gets mad and cites me for either vandalism or littering idk

>One of my best friends is gay
>Was into dressage since childhood
Point taken

How do you use Axe effectively? Shield is nice and the shield skill but I feel like this dude doesn't want to attack most of the time for some reason.

It's very strange how the marketing of 60 fps has developed.

I'm playing with the JP audio and Male Akira is more blunt and literally sounds like what you'd think the hero of a story like this would sound like. Female Akira's more snarky if anything.

Axe legion with power charge and attack up just melts health bars.

The charge and spin attacks are your friend, most of the big damage comes from his Legion combos.
You can send him out to attack for a nice launch and if you have his movement+LZ you can have him dish out some reliably decent hits.

>Richard: With a Legion of my own, I can finally go out and collect my own data! And why stick to the Ark? Naturally, I volunteered for Brenda's new Earth Reclamation Corps! Imagine what kinds of chimeras await on the continents!
That sequel has a whole lot of material to work with.

I just got arms but I mostly find myself using the starting legion unless they’re flying. Is this normal? Just curious if I’m making a mistake funneling all my upgrade points into sword or whatever.

yes most comfy

It's bomb stuff is pretty nice.
>launch axe at enemy
>it chops them and passively drops a bomb underneath them
>have it set down a bigger bomb on top of them with its skill
>boom
Also
>use arm's gravity singularity skill
>switch to axe
>use 360 rotation legion move
>sync attack impales all hit enemies with a bomb
>they all get impaled because they're huddled together
>boom

by end only my sword legion was completely leveled up so its fine
you end up with left over gene code so all the others will be pretty much evenly leveled up aside from premium code slots

SPIN SPIN SPIN ME RIGHT AROUND BABY RIGHT AROUND BABY!

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 386K)

You should try to get used to them. Arms, beast and axe all have some nice tricks, particularly for defense, which becomes increasingly important.

finally, some good fucking food

Game's balanced in a way that you can very easily get the basic useful upgrades for every Legion without too much investment, and then the deeper parts of the tree just make your Legion more versatile but take up very rare material codes.

It's better to max out legions one at a time for the premium material codes.

I blame Totalbiscuit

Gotcha

Why does Akira want to keep the cat island a secret from Marie?

>letting Lappy know where the cats are

:-)

Attached: 23039D5C-00DC-4211-8455-019D90072210.jpg (1024x576, 144K)

Animals are more susceptible to carrying red shift. Basically making them Red Rabies shitters

Also, she wants them to herself

Just got the game and finished file 1. Is there an easy way to rebind the enemy lock on to something else, or maybe more camera options? Liking the game so far, but the camera definitely felt kinda weird.

theres a few camera options

Where can I get it?

You can zoom in and out the camera by holding right stick and pressing down or up on the dpad.

You need to shit everywhere.

Find all the toilet locations.
youtube.com/watch?v=5XvQBcB80yA

Attached: 2019090219330400-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

ty

Femkira was made for lewd.

Attached: Astral Chained Up.jpg (1240x1754, 360K)

So does the ark have any parkland or wildlife areas?

it started because there was a time when even mediocre looking games couldn't even be played at a stable 30 fps on consoles so PC dudes would (rightfully imo) mock tards who would defend that shit and it's kinda spiraled out of control where if a game can't play at 60 fps it's obviously a pile of shit.

like the framerate in astral chain don't bother me but the frame drops are super gay because stability matters more than anything.

based retard

I wanna fuck the police.

Me too.
Especially Alicia

Attached: firefox_2019-09-02_23-09-12.png (375x778, 370K)

Based

i keep getting dabbed on by noah prime and i'm all out of AEDs

what do

Attached: 1511329540998.png (526x533, 345K)

use them last minute and just avoid the insta kill

Try to rush to him in the corridor phase if that section is draining your supplies.

press ZL to cool. it gets tedious sometimes

HOW THE FUCK DO I SAVE ALAN

Is he the one stuck on the wall? Or the one captured by the bird?

Stuck on the pillar.

You have to go to the left past the poison stuff and activate the machine that lets the bridge down. Then cross the bridge and chain bind him off the wall

>game mentions corruption on the moon
>game mentions unique chimeras on the corrupted continents
>game mentions how someone programmed the astral plane to invade earth when it advances too far
Knowing Platinum/Kamiya they'll probably do something with them.

When are we gonna get Astral Chain 2 bros?

Have fun getting the Raven armor in postgame.

Not now or in 2020 lol

prime was more annoying

>game puts you in the mood for cop porn

Attached: source.gif (499x374, 480K)

Man, they could improve so much with a second game. By the time they make one, the Switch's hardware will more realized and we'll (hopefully) get better performance and maybe even look better too. We can only go forward from here.

This is what people are circlejerking? Its fucking terrible.
>just finished File 01
>graphics are beyond bad
>resolution is absolute shit
>UI is clunky and uninformative
>gameplay consists of mashing ZR
>massive amount of effects and anime nonsense going off making it impossible to tell whats going on
>frame rate barely hitting 20
>impossible to dodge all the cars in the driving section requiring about three resets to luck your way through it
>story makes zero sense

Attached: 1401063323412.png (360x343, 42K)

Attached: 2499CB3C-5048-44E2-AEA6-82F21B594649.jpg (629x572, 65K)

I'm not wrong.

the node that spawns all the poison up in that area is up on a pillar, to make moving towards the switch a little easier

just finished file 6, holy shit that hidden fight was amazing

File 6 was hype af and it just kept building from there I love this game

Story is pretty bad but it's executed so well and you can forgive it

As someone who bought the game blind, I can agree. I was a bit skeptical at first but then once main character becomes a bad ass for seemingly no reason whatsoever the game gets more fun and then shit just gets bigger from there

i found it kind of endearing how it didn't even try hiding that it was ripping off evangelion anymore towards the end of the game

This

is the girl as much of a faggot when you play as the guy?

She's a fucking whiny bitch.

Story isn't bad, it's just not a huge focus and I think that's why it comes off as bad. There's a lot of really cool concepts that aren't given much time to expand upon.

cunt yes

okay so it's pretty much the same either way. Good god the brother is a whiny faggot until he turns into an edgy pompous faggot instead

she is a massive cunt

>impossible to dodge all the cars in the driving section requiring about three resets to luck your way through it
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Akira (Female) looks really good in the Raven armor.

R8 my MC

Attached: EDkPuZZXUAMkELY.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>jeanne
6/10

Bishounen Dante/10

Featuring Dante/From Devil May Cry

Wait which version do you hear if Akira is male

>waiting for her to put her hand on my leg

Attached: EDkPua2XoBMZh8P.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

What's the song that plays on the second half of the launch trailer? It sounds really fucking good.
youtube.com/watch?v=tL6CldIRowc

Attached: 1495257110517 2.png (1366x768, 912K)

He's kinda like a cross between Dante and Juste Belmont

Pitch is higher in the male version and the voice sounds more autotuned. Honestly the male version sounds more battle appropriate while the female version sounds like it should be in an anime intro

youtube.com/watch?v=86wE0ly_h5U
youtube.com/watch?v=AvvMnQ2ylQg

Attached: latest[2].png (391x599, 281K)

>just finished file 1
>all problems are irrelevant after file 3
You're just as bad as the journos

Pretty sure it's one of the Jena themes

I'm not wrong, idiot.
>It gets good five hours in!
Not an argument, God of War is great from the START.

>making retarded judgement calls with only File 01 finished
You and all those other retards who are still on the first two tutorial levels. I hope you're at least playing on the Standard difficulty.

Attached: eva 4 dating sim.png (622x455, 60K)

You ARE wrong IDIOT. I replayed file one earlier today and took no damage. Git gud.

six*

I know this is bait but literally how is it even remotely possible to have to reset 3 times in the motorcycle section on casual difficulty.

Because the controls are shit and not possible to dodge all the cars AND the gunfire.

This has got to be a falseflag to make ps4 owners look stupid because I refuse to believe someone can be this retarded.

Murphy's law.

Attached: Murphy's law.png (1700x523, 61K)

How the fuck can you not dodge the cars?

SO KEEP HOLDING ON
HOLDING ON UNTIL WE BREAK THIS SPELL

Retard

>exclusive to female MC

Why would you buy an action game if you're this bad. Holy shit.

Attached: IMG_2115.png (1053x524, 1010K)

>The guy in file 6 talking about finally being able to see his fiance outside sector 9
>I gave him a fake card

Attached: fug.png (273x253, 111K)

Nobody is impressed that you have autistic e-sports level of skills (and cope).

>doesn't respond to my post calling him a falseflag
Come on dude, don't do this shit, all us consolefags can get along.

Attached: AEE5A349-C78C-4856-A6B5-CEF8570AA88B.jpg (409x314, 28K)

What's the point of the greatsword spin attack? It takes ages to ramp up and even if you set up a stun, the enemy will still always start to attack you before you get the full attack combo off.

Sounds like you need to cope. You're worse than someone who just games for fun.

Do you mean axe legion or the Gladius x-baton?

are you talking about the “rotate L stick 360 degrees, than press attack button” move?

>t.The falseflag kinh

Who is the worst legion and why is it the bow legion?

What did you name your Femrika?

I went with Akane because why not

9 > 7 > 11 > 10

Jena Anderson

Thanks user, it's jena rebellion and salvation.

idk but i never used axe once

stay mad snoy.

Attached: baitu.png (625x626, 85K)

File 6 was comfy. It felt more like an actual investigation gathering info, instead of just asking 5 chuckefucks within a few meters of each other.

Fun fact: Akane means red.

Try syncing it with beast and arm (and maybe arrow). You have to do it preemptively but it's worth it with sync.

You're missing out on the highest damage output in the game homie.

> bus puzzles come up
> just google a Youtube guide and S+ each of them

Not worth the trouble. Fuck those rated minigames.

Attached: ranger reaction shrug.gif (219x200, 503K)

>brings up sony
Rent free.

Did she get fucked so much that she can't walk straight anymore?

Attached: thinking.jpg (321x322, 45K)

already beat superboss so not going back rip

no problem

Attached: EDcOhXOUYAEuxRp.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

there’s a real card?

no clue

Thanks anyway. Have a good night, user.

Yeah, I'm talking about that

:-)

Attached: EDmZrFHXkAMZlF3.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

It helps to stun them first. I usually open most group fights like this:
>Beast legion uses howl
>Greatsword spin attack into AoE beast attack

>In the end, it wasn't explained what chimeras were exactly.

Humans/living beings warped by the Astral Plane? Jena told you.

>that guy you try to help hook up with Olive and Brenda falls for you in the end
Well there's your LGBT representation, the B part anyway. Though Olive seemingly let slip that she has a thing for Brenda and Hal too.

> tfw you realize your hard earned tax payer dollar is going to an autistic police officer rolling and doing flips on the street.

I wonder why no civilians ever freak out when a police officer rides by on an invisible thing with sanic speed.

Chimera's are Hollows and the form you take later in the game is literally pic related. Also, Noah is the Hogyoku

Attached: 61412e37c693c93d9620a6b040516cec[1].jpg (1856x1435, 329K)

>Traded Splatoon 2.
>And a couple of other games.
You make me sick.

I really can't decide between OliveXHal or OliveXBrenda

>grab some juice from Vendor-3
>some dude passes by running at top speed
>a few seconds later, some fuckface cop is sitting on nothing, somehow moving at 60mph while dragging his sword on the floor chasing the dude
At that point you'd wonder if the cop has thrusters up his ass

I do use howl. This is my usual combo
>beast use howl
>beast use unchained
>switch to sword
>use round sword
>use whatever attack
The thing is, every other attack available can complete a full combo before the enemy attacks, but for some reason the spin attack only gets through like 2 attacks before the enemy forces you to dodge

>in the ventilation trying to get to hermit
>walk into the noisy grate a couple of times and it falls over
>get the flyer
>listen to a dude on the toilet for a minute
I love this game bros.

I got bored in the chapter were your twin gets killed but didnt die

where*

Which one? The first time, second time, or third time? Jesus christ this game loves fake out deaths. I’m surprised the dad didn’t just show up out of nowhere at HQ and laugh at you for thinking he actually died

Anime/Manga Inspired Plot Points = Bleach, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell
General Anime/Manga References = Attack on Titan, Zetman, Naruto

Anything I'm missing?

where you get the Arm Legion

> lappy suit
> arm legion
this is fucking scary

fuck those slippery ass gold slimes

Attached: Lappy Arm.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

MY DICK

LAPPY NO!!!!

Attached: 0252E286-6560-4E9D-8912-1440F57AF9D6.jpg (1117x726, 448K)

focus with sword slash

what happens when you do all 71 cases in file 12

Akira pulls you into a closet and HQ and gives you a slow bj

you get a license

thats for the boss not doing all files like what does olive say and your objective etc

does she do tasty fudge doughnuts?

tsundere

Play through it on Utimate first - if you still want more, the files will be waiting for you.

There's more than just Latino going on in that face. Skin of a Latino, lips of a black woman, eyes and skull shape of an Asian woman, nose and hair of a white woman. Alicia is also a name more common used for black women

The whole game is just fun

lol she looks like Donald Glover

Vendor-0

I've only heard a snippet of female Akira, I played as the girl, but I noticed that she delivered the same line male Akira did - telling me to watch out because we don't know what Jena's capable of - but managed to sound like a bossy cunt instead of a concerned sibling.

This was JP btw, can't comment on english.

so an american ?

shit, really? I'm part way through my second playthrough and never became aware of this

How's axe legion? Wanted to use him the most but they made him the last to unlock.

Attached: kurapika.jpg (480x720, 60K)

Literally never used it except when required. Beast legion is so much better

So I’m missing someone from the Person of Interests section of the database, between Douglas and Hal’s Drone. Does anyone know who it is?

This game's less like W101 and more like Bayo or DMC5 in that you really don't have to use the full breadth of options available to you. If you think of it like DMC, especially, it's like you have 3 guns and 5 devil arms equipped, which is more than you get in most of the DMC games. It's really not surprising to only use Sword legion with Baton or Beast legion or something - it's just like equipping Rebellion and Beowulf + E&I and Shotgun in DMC3.

You should expect to have one Legion you prefer and one weapon you prefer. That's why they all have reasonably-complete movesets and none of them are completely overspecialized and unable to do certain important things.

I agree, but some legions feel way underpowered. Like what the fuck do arm and arrow even DO

don';t let the jojofags see this post

>Exclusively a beta male trait, almost never see it in women.
That sounds more like something a guy would say as a teenager. And there are plenty of women out there who act like this as well.

>Women wouldn't lie about loving cats, its normal for them to love animals. Dude pretended not to care because he wanted to look tough, which is why he acted like an asshole to Marie.
Pretty sure that's not how this goes down in the game. Can't have cats running around in the HQ because of the whole redshift thing and characters could possibly be fired over it, this is why Max has been secretly keeping the cats sheltered. Your sibling acting the way they did was probably to protect Marie from receiving judgement and to sneak them off to the shelter

Akira in Japanese seems straight up bipolar, she switches from concerned sibling to no-nonsense salt machine with every line.

I think they did a really bad job of humanizing your twin. There's the minor breakdown at the end, but any time they try and make her sympathetic, she just comes off as a bit of a spoiled child.

The first time she gets stabbed I was mildly concerned, and that Homunculus fight was probably the peak of the game in terms of making me feel anything at all for Akira. The problem is that you can only pull that kind of thing once, and they tried to do it like 5 fucking times.

>Jena stabs Akira through the heart
>lol she’s okay
>3 clones pierce her entire upper body
>nah mayne she good
>yoseph absorbs her into noah
>heh nawww here’s a clone with her exact memories dawg
I don’t think I’ve ever wanted someone to just fucking die already so badly before

Does fuckhuge damage but is really slow and unwieldy and frequently decides to just land and slowly walk at enemies.
So in all he's crap for when it comes to leaving him out to fight but his sync attacks are great, especially the follow up to the baton's 360 command.

He can be combined with Beast's howl and Arm's gravity shot for amazing explosion set-ups.

>Women wouldn't lie about loving cats, its normal for them to love animals
She's very clearly torn between her "duty" and how she feels, though. Female Akira is ultimately the only choice because the core theme they were going for with her was PROTECC. Sure, they fucked it up and she's pretty unlikable, but I just can't take the concept seriously at all if it's a chick trying to keep her younger (by a minute) brother alive.

I kind of wish there was an age difference. The sibling tagging along because it's fucking Japan and 12 year olds are totally allowed into the police would've made the entire characterization of the twin much more palatable, and I can totally buy an older sister looking after a much younger brother or vice versa, although maybe they were worried about Nier comparisons. It's a bit wild to think that westerners didn't realise that dynamic swap from Nier to Automata because they had to play with papa Nier.

The dude being objectively better at fighting and capable of conquering his legion, rather than just being handed it on a silver platter, makes a lot more sense too.

Arms can grab enemies and armor mode's wide swings are great for small enemies.
Arrow can do headshots for extra damage, I loved unchaining a legion to fuck shit up then switching to Arrow to pump everything full of arrows.

There's a lot of attacks that be interrupted by arrow shots too, like the giant homing energy ball the final boss tosses at you.

How do you unchain a legion, the hit rush move?

Yeah, It’s one of the skills in each legion’s skill tree. I don’t personally like it because it seems to do really low damage and I get more utility out of other skills

>arm
Good synergy with the gun. If you have a big enough opening (or enough HP to tank it out), combination mode is fucktons of damage. Pulls enemies towards you, which is sometimes useful. Great AoE. Great utility skills.

>bow
Fastest movement speed means easy repositioning in the middle of a fight, no need for Auto-Bind frees up a slow. Bow Mode lets you dump out massive amounts of damage very quickly and safely at the cost of energy, which is something no other Legion can really accomplish. His Sync attacks are fast and mostly don't require much commitment or get you out of danger quickly, so you can use them a lot more freely and flexibly than a lot of other sync combos.

She really is the Kenny of Astral Chain
OH MY GOD THEY KILLED AKIRA!

A lot of Arm's sync attacks are also really flexible, because it's either just Arm doing the attack on its own or you do a very fast attack. And Arm's bigger syncs off perfect dodges and perfect calls have a lot of iframes.

>mfw File 9
Holy fuck, god I wish I could play as the fucked up legion hybrid

>The sibling is definitely a clone if you read their updated entry, but it doesn't seem like it particularly matters since they're functionally the same minus some of the memories from the end of the game.
This is some Gantz tier shit. Popular fan theory was that the teleporters killed everyone and dropped perfect clones in other locations, this was reinforced by the fact that a spurned love interest requested a perfect clone be made. By the end of the series, everyone had been teleported at least once, so no one was the original.

Oh my sweet user......just you wait

Attached: 9A4F34C9-957A-4AA0-88A7-1335357CD6FA.jpg (1252x1252, 234K)

youre in for a treat but will be slightly disappointed

>MFW the end of File 10
Fuck me that was hype.

Attached: 1495780143027.gif (777x800, 1.53M)