Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Does anyone even care for this? It's coming out soon apparently yet I see no hype for it.

Also, are they ever gonna make a Yooka-Laylee game that isn't a blatant rip-off?

Attached: i rode through the industry on a game with no identity.jpg (1920x1080, 741K)

Original Wing Ding level, do not steal.

Attached: not wing ding.png (1220x646, 1.07M)

>yooka-laylee had no treehouse villages
>but impossible lair adds them because they're a dkc staple

i don't think i know a game franchise with less identity than this one

Attached: dkc.jpg (1600x900, 226K)

I do. I look forward to this game.

Also, Yooka-Laylee is a good game and a good 3D Platformer.

>Get shit on so much for your subpar 3D game design you go 2D
oh I am laffin

Playtonic: “We are never using the term spiritual successor again”, "Impossible Lair is not a DKC spiritual successor"

Playtonic:

Attached: original.jpg.png (1242x690, 962K)

Why are they even doing a spiritual revival of fucking DKC.
Tropical Freeze is recent and arguably the best game in the entire series. The series is fine.

>fail to make a spiritual banjo successor
>make generic indie 2d platformer #9000000 instead
are they retarded?

Attached: 1510143737215.jpg (374x347, 39K)

ripping off a 2d game is easier, and they probably figured nobody would care if they ripped off dkc because playtonic "made" those games

But theyre copying the Retro ones too

I was hoping Playtonic would learn from their mistakes and make a better Yooka Laylee, because I wanted to love that game, but shit like the minecart parts wore out my good will.
It's meant to be like Donkey Kong country, which I don't like. No hype here.

"Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's cinematic budget is probably as much as our entire game," Price says candidly. "We are not going to win that fight. We have to find what makes our games special. It didn't really help that there were no other 3D platformers out there when we did Yooka-Laylee, because when people do compare you to something, they end up comparing you to that little company in Kyoto. Who, you know, are not bad.

David Wise is one of the composers for the game. That's enough for me.

There's a sample on their youtube channel named "Mechanical Melody" that kinda sounds like a spiritual successor to Mining Melancholy from DKC2.

when the original sold purely on nostaliga what do you expect
its sad because i think hat in time has a much more unique feel to it while being the same style of game, so you can make this type of game while not just going "haha remember this other, better game?"

Attached: 155.png (327x243, 52K)

>Hey guys we're gonna make a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie
>Cool
>Here you go, bro
>wtf is this blatant Banjo-Kazooie ripoff
Retard
Also nobody cares about Impossible Lair because people backed a 3D collectathon, not a 2D Platformer

It's a mediocre Banjo game.

And in just a few short minutes, we'll get a retard that says collect a thons and/or Banjo were never good.

Its still the third best Banjo game

The preorder exclusives sound like a nasty move from them to dodge bad reviews and make people nab the bait before they can have a solid opinion on the game.

I'm worried.

Why would i wanna play this when i have DKC?

so people criticized our game, should we learn from our mistakes and improve? fuck no lets just make a 2d platformer and hope thats successful. why are they so dumb

>tries to recreate banjo kazooie's gameplay style without the original fucking level designers/programmers
>be surprised when people don't like the gameplay
it doesn't matter how much your game looks like or even directly takes from banjo kazooie/tooie if it plays like absolute shit

original game do not steal

Attached: original game.png (1142x1675, 3.86M)

What happened to Y-L DLC?

I've got in on my wishlist.
Most people don't care for it because YL left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

It might actually work better as a 2D platformer though.

It was cute when they did the Banjo Kazooie tribute because they were some of the original developers, and it was kinda the brand they were going for. Not to mention it was a franchise that had been stagnant for a decade.

However """tributing""" Tropical Freeze like this, a game made by Retro that they had absolutely zero to do with, AND is still getting installments seriously just comes off as a poor knockoff. A rip-off at worst.

I hope they get their act together. There was a lot of potential in Yooka Laylee 1 so it breaks my heart to see them going in such a rediculous direction

It's just an asset flip to fund their next big game, I'm assuming. Not a horrible idea since they don't actually have a publisher

Banjo as a whole is just a shitty Mario 64 clone

The fact that Banjo doesn't boot you out of a level upon getting a star alone makes it better than SM64

I don't know where you got that opinion. I was really looking forward to it. Biggest disappointment of the decade IMO.

The only "people" that think YL was bad are "people" that liked Kazooie more than Tooie.
ie. "People" that don't like collectathons.

Attached: 1567394111906.png (450x422, 165K)

>being too retarded to go through a level in SM64
the levels are so easy to traverse, I dont understand how anyone besides a shitter can have that opinion

Wrong, Tooie and DK64 are two of my favorite childhood games. Yooka was just low quality trash.

You dumb or just stupid, mate?
My complaint was literally about the thing that happens upon completing a level in SM64.
Getting kicked out of a level upon getting the main collectable is retarded, and the level design in SM64 isn't good enough to warrant you playing the same level 8 times in a row. Sunshine does the same thing, but at least that game has levels that are actually fun to explore. Odyssey is also better than SM64.
desu SM64 dickriders are usually nostalgiafags that praise it because it is quite literally 90's babby's first game.

Attached: 1567083554458.png (533x358, 442K)

I appreciate the devs trying something different, but this looks quite literally like a DKCR 2.0 . What happened to their passion? Where's the soul?

Will jontron be voicing a character in this game as well?

Attached: jontron.jpg (500x300, 19K)

Sunshine also has moderate differences between level iterations.

It also had much more freedom of movement, and had level design that didn't allow you to skip 75% of the level by doing simple triple jumps and wall kicks.

This. I even played it as a kid and acknowledge it didn't age that well

I'll probably pick it up, I'm looking forward to the music more than anything else.

I'm hopeful that they will take another crack at a collectathon tho, YL was alright, imo, just needed a bit more polish.

>SMB3 releases, desert, water and grass lands
>never again can these themes be used
>the year is 2019
>platformers must have extremely convoluted worlds
>Yooka Laylee 2 launches
>worlds include DNA, Transistor, Uterus and Jerky Factory

No one complained it was a Banjo ripoff, that's literally what they donated for, it's just a really fucking mediocre one.

It's got BK's simplistic and isolated objectives with BT's fucking massive, interconnected levels. It's just giant, barren worlds with a couple pointless fodder enemies spread throughout it sprinkled with some random pagies you collect by climbing somewhere high or racing someone.

People complain about BT's massive levels and forced backtracking, but the Huggies were much more entertaining to collect.

>Huggies
Sorry, I'm a filthy phoneposter right now, but I like this more than Jiggies anyway.

>Are you dumb or just stupid
are you as retarded as you are redundant?
Oh boohoo I have to go through a tiny level to get a star then jump back into the painting
SM64's controls blows BK out of the water.
hold on let me collect coins to open up peach's castle, then I'll use the stars to find a pedestal somewhere in the castle to actually open the level up, oh wait why would we have that as a feature, that would be super retarded.

To be fair I can't think of any games besides Tropical Freeze that have Bermuda Triangle mangroves and owl Deutschland as worlds

I liked Kazooie more than Tooie, and I thought Yooka Laylee was great.
Kazooie>Nuts & Bolts>Tooie

It looks wack. And it's one of my favorite genres. >NEW TONICS! NEW FILTERS
How many worlds, levels, abilities, bosses? No one gives a fuck, according to that trailer.

This. Why the fuck are they making this, when they still promised dlc for their original game?

>Tropical Freeze is recent and arguably the best game in the entire series.
zoomer begone

I don't get the lust for Mario 64.
Sure, it's a fun game, but it's aged like milk. The controls aren't good compared to every other 3D game in the series. Most of the levels are shit.
People like to go on about how they spent weeks perfecting how Mario controlled in a 3D environment, but I have much more fun controlling Sonic in Sonic Adventure 1, and it's obvious they slapped together the gameplay in a couple afternoons.

most DKC fans agree that either 2 or TF is the best game in the series

Jesus Christ

I lost interest in yooka laylee the moment jontron was fired as a voice actor. I also boycotted Tokyo mirage sessions due to censorship.

and most saying tat are zoom zooms because that is te user base of nintendo

Truly an inspiration for all gamers around the world. It's time we rise up.

>Tropical Freeze is recent and arguably the best game in the entire series
It's not better than DKC2, it never was, and it never will be.

Drink your onions and go dilate

Why the fuck would I drink onions, you retarded buffoon?

Aquatic Ambiance has resoned in my mind while looking at that image.

You're not one of those baffling eccentrics who champion DKC3, are you?

why are all of them screaming
they scarey animals who al say Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
it scare me

he's a falseflagger, he was even kind enough to tell you in that response

Earthbound already did a Uterus world, Tooka Laylee can't have that

Collect a thons and/or Banjo were never good.

>change the visuals
wasn't the first game supposed to get a "N64 retro" mode or something?