Why did Nintendo forget this even existed?

It had no overpriced Classic console. It will never be a part of the Nintendo Online service (even though it can NATIVELY use the NES Switch controllers to begin with), and it was only put on 3DS's Virtual Console and not Wii U's (even though Wii U had Game Boy Advances games on its service for some reason).

Nintendo wants to forget that this brick ever existed, even though the games on this aged better than most NES games gameplay wise.

Attached: GameBoy.jpg (633x768, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHV5uitB-4s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_games
youtube.com/watch?v=Or0qv44SVmo
youtube.com/watch?v=ONwQoD7geaU
youtube.com/watch?v=5NKIYBs8UhI
youtube.com/watch?v=lOL0DS-j8VE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know, I don't work at fucking Nintendo, go ask them, Jesus.

It was shit. The only games people ever played in it were tetris and pokemon.

there are more good games on virtual boy than on gameboy

classic pokemon tcg multiplayer when

The Nintendo we knew died with Iwata, it's time to get real.

If you want a Game Boy Classic, just go buy a Pi 0 W and GPi Case and you've basically got it ready to go.

I can't. My uncle who works there is too busy to tell me why.

You have shit taste

There are legit no good gameboy games that stand the test of time. Everything that's worth a damn has been remastered in some way or the other, and has better versions out there now.

They will probably add it to the Classic Games Selection, I wouldn't worry about it.

They will never do that

Yes, they will

Nope

The GBC kind of overshadowed it pretty quickly I think because at that point people realized video game handhelds were gonna take off and weren't just a fad
I never even had a GB personally I played Pokemon Red Version and all the other GB classics for the first time on a GBC

If you never played on a Game Boy Brick, you don't deserve to be called a gamer.

>Yea Forums is full of underage scum that never heard of Donkey Kong 94, Mega Man V, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Wario Land, or Mole Mania
chilling

Yup

Only boomers care about shitty gameboy games. Even the NES aged better than this piece of shit.

With or without that zapdos deck?

If it were to recieve a classic console, would you want it to have the old design/size?

Thats a good game

They'd probably have to price it higher than the NES or SNES Classic because of the built in screen, speaker, and presumably rechargeable battery. Probably figure no one would want to buy one for the price.

just emulate

I still have the one my mom bought for herself that I inherited when I was young. I just dug mine out of the garage along with my original PS1 and controllers to go with it.

Good sense of nostalgia that I surprisingly didn't think I had left.

The gb my dad gave me broke, but the gbc still works. Replayed some donkey kong, bomberman and smurfs these past days

You forget that it would also require no external controllers or cables except for a usb, and could run on even cheaper hardware.

They would only not need the hdmi cable.

The secret died with its creator in a """car""" accident

nintendo hasn't forgotten that it existed, it's just that nostalgia has blinded you to the point that you've forgotten that 95% of the games that came out on this thing were boring timewasters that, without being in a portable form factor, would be utterly miserable and no fun to play.

Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong 94 and Final Fantasy Adventure were the exceptions, not the rule. Most of the games that came out on Game Boy were meant to be played for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time, and Nintendo knows this, which is why most of those games haven't been re-released.

>Gameboy
>breaking
>ever

Attached: 73f2387f24f954baff31ae686fb2cf9c9a69884176ba7044f88994160f248a64.png (165x115, 38K)

>Most of the games that came out on Game Boy were meant to be played for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time
So just like today's most popular games then, OK

The original Game Boy exists for like 10 years before the GBC came out.

Care to elaborate, or are you just gonna spout "MODERN GAMES BAD RETRO GAMES GUD" then leave?

I only owned a handful of gameboy games as a kid and didn't really dig deep into the library until long into adulthood but there are ALOT of good gameboy games.

The 2DS already targets the price point it would have to be and has a lot more than Game Boy games.

Hey retard, the guy is saying that every generation has shovelware. Way to get on the hyper defensive.

Attached: Too_Late_Nintendo_2.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

They'd have to include a cable for the Game Link feature, and they'd probably just use the same SoC as the NES and SNES Classic because it's already cheap and they've worked with it twice.

user..

Attached: 512632532.jpg (750x1000, 122K)

There are 1049 games released for the game boy. This includes tons of shovelware, lots of half-hearted NES and SNES downports, licensed games pushed out the door as quickly as possible, a bunch of puzzle games and their 'sequels' which are actually closer to level packs, and a small handful of genuinely good, outstanding games.

To be clear- i'm not saying that game boy is shit, i loved the game boy. it's more that the system itself was just host to a ton of absolute shit because it was dirt cheap to develop for.

Well, the front glass screen fell off and battery acid leaked

It would just be adhoc wireless with a sync button on the side

>he
>implying you're someone different, not defending yourself

alright faggot

That'd drive the price up even more.

So then can I ask what was the point of your original comment? Even if 95% was complete trash, do you honestly think they can't come up with 20-30 games to put on it that would sell and people would love?

user THERE ISNT FUCKING GLASS ON THAT GAMEBOY I POSTED EITHER YOU FUCKING IDIOT IT GOT BLOWN THE FUCK UP IN IRAQ EXPLAIN TO ME HOW HIS SURVIVED AND YOURS DIDNT

what about zelda, metroid, harvestmoon, legend of the river king, kirby and mario

kek

I was at a school thing and there was some dude bitching at us about something and a guy was playing his gameboy when the batteries started to pop. I was trying to keep a straight face while he freaked the fuck out as battery acid started spraying everywhere. It got on his hands, on his clothes, on the concrete floor and stained it to hell and back, everywhere. I still crack up thinking about it.
>POP
>POP
>POP
>POP
Hilarious.

Attached: source.gif (294x303, 1.96M)

t. butthurt 90s sonic megafan

youtube.com/watch?v=QHV5uitB-4s
Sounded almost like this

Yeah but by the time the GBC came out the Pocket had been the standard for like 3-4 years IIRC.

Honestly I hope if Nintendo ever does a GB/C classic they include GBC games but base the form factor on the pocket. And make the fucking Nintendo logo beneath the screen into a home button.

Western games are designed by people that play and love board games. They literally study them during game design classes.

Now that's just a couple of examples, but what do you think Overwatch, CoD multiplayer, Mobas, Battle Royales, gachas and Autochess games are? They are designed to be played for a couple of matches or minutes and that's it. Literally the fast food of video games.

The pokemon TCG was dope. Kirby games were great, donkey kong games were good, pokemon pinball/kirby pinball, game and watch games, wario land games, mario land games, mario tennis/golf, megaman xtreme 1+2, harvest moon 1 through 3, dragon warrior, legend of the river king, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening and oracle of seasons/ages, mr. driller, r-type

Faggot

Attached: the-audacity.png (500x645, 136K)

Surprisingly it is possible but due to age and not misuse. They're fixable but the average nigga off the street has no clue how to fix them.

Attached: 1546914850846.jpg (438x584, 31K)

>Mario Tennis
>all the Transfer Pak content is locked forever just like on the 3DS VC release

Attached: 51NPQe4H4pL._SX342_.jpg (342x344, 37K)

Yeah, i will rather keep my gbc in good cindition. I was never too fond of the brick anyway, because i got the gbc shortly after my dad gave me his gb

>even if we do get a Game Boy Classic it won't support Super Game Boy features
>we'll never have a handheld Game Boy with a bezel that's actually a part of the screen that changes to the SGB border when you select the game
>we ain't even going to get SGB palettes for original Game Boy games

Attached: 1558688227262.jpg (302x225, 9K)

I genuinely think it would be a challenge to come up with a list of 30 games that people would consider iconic, and they'd actually buy a system for.

Here's the list i'm working with: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_games

Let's see if I can build one using this list, without using any Japanese exclusive games. I'll even ignore games that have been or will be recently re-released or remade. I won't put Pokemon on there because you know good and well Nintendo wouldn't do that. I'll also be ignoring the difficulties of licensing these games.

Alleyway
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Tetris
Golf
Gargoyle's Quest
Balloon Kid
Final Fantasy Legend
F1 Race

Mickey's Dangerous Chase
Nintendo World Cup
Final Fantasy Adventure
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge
Wave Race
Yoshi
Yoshi's Cookie

Avenging Spirit
Battletoads in Ragnarok's World
Donkey Kong 94
Mario's Picross
Donkey Kong Land
Mole Mania
Castlevania Legends
Dr. Mario
Wave Race
Kirby's Block Ball

>I won't put Pokemon on there because you know good and well Nintendo wouldn't do that.
Who do you think you're fooling? Not only would they do it, but they'd release a Red one and a Blue one with one version each.

Attached: 1558422202172.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Nah, they'd rather re-release another Kanto remake for Switch 2 than release dedicated Pokemon hardware

Attached: image.png (1440x960, 747K)

No, you misunderstand me. They each have the entire game list, with the only difference being the console color and either Red version or Blue version. With a special limited edition Yellow version instead being released only at Best Buy.

What's even more bizarre is the Game Boy version of Kirby was playable in the Masterpiece section in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Why not just fucking throw this bitches on the eShop?

Speaking of, isn't it fucking hilarious that you can download DS games on Wii U, but you can't download them on 3DS, despite the 3DS NATIVELY BEING COMPATIBLE WITH DS GAMES fuck i hate Nintendo

I genuinely struggled to come up with 30 games for this list. I'll explain a couple of these. F1 race was iconic because it was the first 4-player title, and it even came packed in with the 4 player adapter.

Mickey's Dangerous Chase was the first game that got a re-release under the "Players Choice" banner.

Wave Race was the original title that spawned Wave Race 64 and Blue Storm.

Mole Mania was a Shigeru Miyamoto game, so of course it has to be included.

Avenging Spirit was a pretty popular game, it was an arcade port but it was literally everywhere, it was even re-released on 3DS on virtual console.

There is one DS game that's available as a 3DS download, one of the Advance Wars DS games never got a physical Japanese release for some reason so they released it on the eShop exclusively in Japan, and it works exactly like a DS game cart would.

that actually makes so much sense it's scary

2-color 144p games wouldn't do too well today, even with retro gamers. They just want to do remakes of the best Gameboy games instead. They recently remade Metroid 2, released an updated Tetris and now they're about to release a remake of Link's Awakening.

Wasn't that downloaded as a DSiware game more specifically?

Yes, but on 3DS only because the filesize was too big.

The games did not age well.

So if you went into the data management settings, would it appear in the DSiware or 3DS games section?

I don't have a Japanese 3DS, I have no idea.

I asked because the DSiware on the 3DS has the same memory limit as on the DSiware itself. Additionally, I think the DSiware shop didn't have an option to redeem download codes which is more likely why it was 3DS only.

I found a DMG with a handful of games (Tetris and Dr. Mario included) for $20 at a flea market, the screen had deadlines but I took it and fixed it with a soldering iron in 5 minutes

>Final Fantasy Adventure
That games has got a fucking balling OST for a GB game
youtube.com/watch?v=Or0qv44SVmo
youtube.com/watch?v=ONwQoD7geaU
youtube.com/watch?v=5NKIYBs8UhI

Attached: 1567188644876.jpg (539x526, 77K)

>2-color
akshully, it was 4 color.

i've been playing it on the Collection of Mana recently, it's quite good. Can't wait to beat it so I can play Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3

Here is a real picture of the game boy pocket's screen.

Attached: mambo.jpg (931x844, 218K)

game boy pocket was kino, way better than the original gb

Yeah, except for battery life. Both gameboys have vertical and horizontal ghosting (pic related of the same Pocket) but the GBP's ghosting is less severe.

Attached: ghosting.jpg (1796x820, 426K)

well the og GB used 4 AA batteries, the pocket used 2 AAA batteries, so of course battery life is going to suffer

Also, yeah, vertical ghosting was an issue but turning down the contrast fixed almost all of it

is there a shader for that?

youtube.com/watch?v=lOL0DS-j8VE
That is all.

get a real gameboy.

Attached: tfwnogb.jpg (936x854, 270K)

I have a few OG GBs but I don't have a GB Pocket. Not worth buying one when I'd just throw it in my garage with all my other consoles/handhelds I never play anymore.

Because literally every console was called a gameboy. It's literally what happened to bandaid.

They released a chunk of games on the 3DS eshop. They really should dump the whole library though, I'm surprised we don't have entire first party libraries at the least from all major companies available for download. People already love that shit enough to emulate it, so why wouldn't they pay for it on official hardware? I expected the whole library of each system to drop during the Wiiware era, and we barely got anything.

I don't know what you mean.

Attached: mario-tennis.png (1003x602, 1.5M)

this isn't a bad list, all things considered