People are disappointed with any new addition, so don't read too much into it...

People are disappointed with any new addition, so don't read too much into it. The internet whines about literally everything these days. I think a lot of Smash players are people who play Smash because they don't like other fighting games, so it's no surprise they'd be unfamiliar with Terry even though he's iconic.

Attached: Terry-Bogard.png (1169x1139, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/V8pZWA4
discord.gg/HPnYBWY
youtube.com/watch?v=cVgWczIMjfo
youtube.com/watch?v=Uchoj7Z2Cwo
youtube.com/watch?v=BjWmSa1DQ1A
youtube.com/watch?v=GuO1BhTUdvE
destructoid.com/sakurai-says-that-future-dlc-fighters-for-smash-ultimate-will-not-get-unique-palutena-s-guidance-dialogue-543365.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=oBKsGXlLdQg
youtube.com/watch?v=2S9M12GzZg0
youtube.com/watch?v=c2JeaOrsUSk
youtube.com/watch?v=g5caIjg9UHk
snk.fandom.com/wiki/Nakoruru_&_Terry_Club
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based Terry poster, wanted him for years

>Paying for a Ken echo

Attached: 362[1].jpg (702x558, 128K)

It's too late. Already bought the fighter pass. Couldn't refund it even if I wanted to.

smashfags just loved the huge shitstorm that happened around banjo and steve, they want to recapture that magical time

Have some perspective, you wouldn't hear nearly as much whining over more popular picks. Relatively nobody was asking for Terry, his niche in Smash is already filled.

Based Terry, zoomers don't even know how to do supers with more than just two buttons.

Name one popular pick that would have no whining.

>Popular in Latin 'Murica and Asia
>"Anywhere that's not America is not important"
BTFO YANKEES LUL

Attached: geese.jpg (900x900, 121K)

Phoenix Wright

>popular in Latin America
Literally who

I can kick your ass in kof 98, fuck off zoomer

Alright let's fucking go you bitch, get on GGPO or whatever, let's fucking do this.

But Ken doesn't wear shoes

*sigh* So which one of these games has both Terry and Nakoruru? CvS or something?

Nobody is dissapointed with Banjo, he's actually the only character in the pass that people asked for. Idk why the whole pass can't be fan picks pulled from the ballot

Probably because most of the fan picks from the ballot (K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, Chrom) are already in the base game.

based

Attached: agaga.png (1002x683, 1.51M)

Not an argument. There are still tons left. Look at any online poll for Japan or America like pic related

Attached: fan poll.jpg (1176x1200, 262K)

>Ken echo
Dumb Zooomer

What is with this art style I keep seeing for SNK games? It's so weird, it almost looks like real people but it's kind of creepy.

i genuinely don't understand why people seethe over banjo, is it genuinely a "no! minecraft steve was supposed to be in alongside sans undertale and binding of isaac!"
i really don't get it.

This article is proof that we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for worthwhile reps now that we have all the heavy hitters. Maybe you can get your hat goomba if they do a second fighters pass with only Nintendo characters.

Yes. OP. How dare people be upset with a slot being wasted on KEN WITH A FUCKING HAT instead of a more unique character like Mai or Nakoruru.

My reply wasn't seething, i'm happy with Banjo, and would have been happy with Steve

I want Nakoruru way more than Terry but come on, are we really going to pretend she's unique? She's another swordie and she even has a counter.

it's simple, characters from fighting games are lame choices

> Wanting fighting game characters
When the fun part about smash's roster, is seeing non traditional fighters in a "fighting" game

>Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, and Doomguy aren't heavy hitters

Their franchises have sold infinitely more than the likes of a lot of the characters already in Smash. Persona 5 sold a measly 2.4 million

If they're heavy hitters, then why are they the 10th, 11th, and 12th on that? If they were really that popular they'd be in the top 3.

This. Fighting is already what they do, don't need to see Sakurai copy and post them into Smash

Who is that?

Post 30 seconds of you playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

Depends on the demographic of that fan poll. Look at others and they place differently

Nah, the big problem is that there's 12 threads hyping a character from a game series that hasn't had a game on a nintendo platform since the SNES and most of these people never played it or heard of him.

>hyping a character from a game series that hasn't had a game on a nintendo platform since the SNES
Do you want to be proved wrong, or just admit you are wrong?

Slotfags are retarded

It's Shinkiro. He's done work for capcom and SNK, and usually uses the air brush effect for realistic interpretations of characters. It's hit or miss frankly, but he doesn't always use it. Like for a lot of his art in Tatsunoko vs capcom and MVC3.

The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga was on Wii you dumb fuck.

>NO OBSCURE CHARACTERS ALLOWED
>based sakurai for adding palutena and ice climbere

So far I'd expect Hero, Terry and Hayabusa if he's happening to be base roster editions, not sold as DLC
It honestly should've been fan picks the majority would blow their money on like Banjo, but yeah most Smashfags don't care about actual fighting game characters

Waluigi.

You have a point with Ice Climbers but Palutena was a very prominent character by the time she was added, this is like bitching about adding Zelda or Peach.

>M-M-M-M-M-MUH SALES
Just like with bayo, cloud, ryu, hero, joker, and now terry. Nintendo is going to add what they think will benefit them

Most people are going to buy the entire FP because it's $5 cheaper than buying all the characters individually so I doubt Nintendo really cares what people will "blow their money on" because they get the same amount of money either way.

>Palutena was a very prominent character by the time she was added
No she wasn't, she was a side character on a 3DS game that only just broke 1 million.

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

Attached: hero.png (640x640, 386K)

Everyone knows Ryo Sakazaki is the Ken ripoff and that Dan Hibiki was made to rip off Robert Garcia in retaliation. Terry is based and will play nothing like Ryu/Ken

Keep in mind last September was when they revealed Isabelle in Smash and it felt underwhelming in general.

>prominent

Side character from a c tier franchise

So you're just backing up my argument. Rather than the DLC being fan picks, they're going for some moronic marketing strategy to push Switch games rather than characters that should be in

At least Isabelle was a female character.

That's kind of sad, isn't it? The last female character added to the game was Isabelle.

Terry actually makes no sense as a character to push Switch games, because there's no King of Fighters game on Switch. If they wanted to advertise a game they'd put Nakoruru, which would have the side effect of selling a massive amount of amiibos because people fucking love buying figures of girls.

Because she leaked and is basically a Villager clone

>there's no King of Fighters game on Switch
Yes there are, they were of the first batch of games to clutter the Switch e-shop
>people fucking love buying figures of girls.
Too bad there won't be any female characters in the fighters pass, Isabelle is the last one

>Joker didn't do this
>And neither will terry
Like I said Nintendo is putting in characters that they think are good ideas. Wether that be supporting a company that helps them out or trying to improve themselves."Fan demand, especially in smash because the entire fanbase is ungrateful and spoiled as fuck, should not be the priority.

Sakurai mentioned something about wanting to give the nip companies more exposure or something like that cause he felt the west was like a powerhouse in comparison. Even thou former literal who companies like ArcSys, Platinum, and Fromsoft gained massive popularity in recent years. Anyway I will probably just buy Banjo cause he's the only character whos game I've played, the others are fine I'm just not really that interested in getting them

Please, I sincerely doubt Nintendo is so desperate to sell some ancient $5 emulated games that they'd put a character in Smash just to advertise them. Either Terry is not a marketing character, or the leakers are wrong and it's some character besides Terry.

>really want Vergeben to be wrong and get embarrassed just like he did for Joker
>would actually feel bad for Terry fans because I can see how much some of them like the character

Now I'm mixed. No matter what happens I lose.

>because there's no King of Fighters game on Switch
There's literally 10 on Switch and the ACA NG games are doing really well.

XV will be on Switch and they already said porting XIV is possible.

Most of them
I only play it because I love crossovers and it is beginner-friendly (although I am a veteran) so it can be introduced to everyone

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW'

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

Attached: hero2.png (640x640, 636K)

>Creates a shockwave that travels the earth
>Has a Little Mac-esque side b
>Is very acrobatic
>Buster Wolf is different from anything seen from Ryu and Ken
I'm sorry, Ken echo you say?

>What is Persona 5 Scramble

yeah i'm loving that new banjo kazooie
and you are the biggest of retards if you think DQ doesn't deserve a spot

I swear if Terry looked like a cartoon wolf and wasn't from a fighter people wouldn't make the connections. Like projectile, forward moving hitbox, rising hitbox are moves that could describe most characters. What matters is how Samurai makes them function, but a lot of people focus purely on the visuals and go oh well this projectile if the character farting a star so it isn't the same.

People who say that are just getting in their last salt before he's confirmed, don't worry too much about it. If they're going to pick a fighting game character I'm glad it's Terry and not Morrigan or some shit, sure Morrigan looks completely different but she is quite literally a Ryu clone, Soul Fist is Hadoken, she has a Shoryuken move, she even has Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

Stay strong Terrybro.
Smashfags are fucking retarded, they think ignorance is a status symbol, just remember to ridicule them for being fucking dumb and don't let them ever cast doubt upon your series' legacy when all they ask for are bad characters whose series couldn't last even five years.

Attached: 1558651607276.jpg (800x1130, 104K)

Okay Terry fags what's his moveset gonna be?

>Smashfags dont like actual fighting game characters
>FGCfags dont like Smash
A character for no one except the literal minorities, Im almost in the same boat cause I just think fighting game characters who been in like hundreds of crossovers getting in is kinda lame, there is no real shock just like ''wow they are in this game now I guess''. Hard to explain but whatever people were expecting fighter 4 to be a major disappointment or the Isabelle of DLC anyway cause Sakurais formula is predictable
Honestly think Heihachi would've been way more boring if 3d fighters were even allowed

Based trannyposter!

No Garou costume, no buy

Attached: terry garou.jpg (728x542, 74K)

Rare Replay will be announced tomorrow

KoF XIV.

That looks terrible though

It'll be an alt costume at best.

>Shitty musou
This isn't why joker got in

I don't want one with 3D graphics, any sprite based ones?

Work on that reading comprehension.

yay... hat ken

This but join the server with actual good players instead

discord.gg/HPnYBWY

As opposed to what, another fighter? Of course it would be a fucking alt costume you dolt.

Kill yourself.

Why are people so confident about this? That would be the dumbest move ever on Microsoft's part.

She also fucking flies and has clones, you're retarded.

>People are disappointed with any new addition
Except only the most polarizing additions get this much hate. Banjo and Joker were both received fairly well on the internet as a whole.

My main idea with him is having EX variant of moves and meter bar. As a base line all would do more damage and possibly hits. But the main idea would be you spend meter for a longer combo. I'd consider adding max mode but i don't know if he needs in really.

>Up B
Rising tackle
EX- Gains invincibility

>Neutral B
Power Wave
EX - Round Wave
>Air Neutral B
Power Dunk
EX - Star Dunk Volcano

>Side B
Burn Knuckle
EX - instead of knocking away it leaves the character standing but in a comboable state

>Down B
Crack Shoot
EX - Bounces the character back up

>Super
Buster Wolf
>Final Smash
Power Geyser

The clones are Final Smash material and there's no way they'd use that over the missile barrage sono, you're retarded.

by tomorrow everyone who dislikes the idea of him is gonna turn around on him. He's gonna be the new Captain Falcon, everyone's gonna be going for his max power moves and recite his catch phrases.

What should his trailer theme be? this will be my face if they somehow decide to go for Follow Me

Attached: 1553362202879.jpg (531x763, 41K)

KoF 95 on Gameboy.

so iconic that nobody even knows which game he comes from

Lurk more

Nak doesn't have a counter, she has a reflector. And she'd be unique because she'd have Mamahaha involved in her movement and attacks, as well as her dash slash specials probably feeling pretty unique.

Morrigan doesn't have a tatsu you retard. I hate this fucking board.

Why does their existence upset zoomers so much?

Attached: 2019-09-03_22h36_11.png (1558x353, 22K)

The fighter pass is dogs hit

BK is the only good pick so far

cope more

>Ninja Gaiden rep
Fuck yea Nintendo is blowing it out of the water with these DLC chara-
>Terry

Attached: 1544861696373.png (716x757, 302K)

I can't wait for the fake ass Smash reaction videos to him.
>Terry's FF2 theme plays over the trailer
"Yo what is this music? Who could this be?"
>Terry appears out of the shadows and into the spotlight saying HEY C'MON C'MON!
"YOOOO IT'S...!
>"Terry Bogard enters the ring!"
"TERRY BOGARD?! LET'S FUCKING GO MY BOY!!!"

Attached: 1500427789918.png (804x638, 441K)

SHELL KICK

>>Terry's FF2 theme plays over the trailer
>"MASTER CHIEF! IT'S FUCKING MASTER CHIEF!"
Fixed

Dante or Raiden

You mean Smashfags, no one took massive shits on SNK till Smash. They dont like actual fighting games, they only accepted Ryu cause hes the Mr Karate fight man plus Capcom a company the majority are way more familiar with

>If it's Metal Slug we get this
youtube.com/watch?v=cVgWczIMjfo
>If it's Terry we get this
youtube.com/watch?v=Uchoj7Z2Cwo
>If it's Kyo we get this
youtube.com/watch?v=BjWmSa1DQ1A
>tfw you win either way

Attached: 1554941141322s.jpg (250x250, 10K)

>IT'S TERRY FROM FINAL FIGHT

Mr. Karate is from Art of Fighting you fool.

Let's be honest though, most people who do reaction video keep up really closely with the leaks so they can fake knowing who he is, the only reason they wouldn't is if the trailer throws them for a loop.

because SNK were only the arcade kings outside of the US, and the loudest subset of the Smash echo chamber is primarily US based.

Counter point, most reaction youtubers are real dumb and will fail to recognise him. If you watch any you see they really don't know anything

Hero was able to dodge the brunt of the hate because they revealed Banjo at the same time, imagine how much hate he would have gotten if it was just him revealed and nobody else. That's probably what we're gonna see happen with this trailer.

Most people will be ""Oh its that SNK guy from the leaks'''

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

Yeah but we've also had a lot of good in the pass and the idea of an SNK rep will have set in for a few days by the time the direct is up tomorrow. Especially if Terry has a good trailer, getting fuming mad is a bit harder to justify. If you dislike it, well you already knew it was happening so a freak out is kind of uncalled for.

>ANIME SWORDSMEN WITH A COUNTER REEEEEEEEEE

Solid agree, I think the max meter would be better and just make all his moves ex for a period of time, just a better management system then having to use the bar for certain ex moves you know? I think power charge would be a cool two hit fsmash and a weaker power geiser for a down or up smash

Attached: y4g9NZw.png (636x358, 308K)

Smash autist here
Terry is pretty cool. If he has an Pranked femTerry alt that would be 10/10

>Me and the boys

Make Round Wave his forward or down smash. I don't know why some of you want his SUPER moves to be his normal smashes. Terry has tons of moves to pull from. You don't need to demote supers to normal attacks.

Attached: 159226-real-bout-fatal-fury-2-the-newcomers-neo-geo-cd-screenshot.png (304x224, 18K)

I mean autists still hate incineroar people have just learned to ignore those fags though

>I think the max meter would be better and just make all his moves ex for a period of time
My only issue with that was locking out of normal versions might mess up stuff. Say you wanted power dunk to spike down but only had star dunk which brought you straight down as well. I'd be alright with max mode locking away ex moves though rather than meter management for each one.

>I don't know why some of you want his SUPER moves to be his normal smashes. Terry has tons of moves to pull from.
They just cover spaces nicely some times. And compared to smash a lot of fighter super moves aren't that much more crazy than regular ones.

You may be right. It almost feels like the Jiggy in the Banjo trailer was in there specifically to test them, because anyone who knows the bare minimum about the game would know exactly what it is but bandwagoners wouldn't. I hope this trailer has something similar.

I hate Smash secondary retards who don't play any other video games constantly exposing themselves with shithead comments like this.

And yet, I love it.

It's not impossible, it would be a good way to advertise the Switch game and people say "But their body types aren't the same" I point you to Wii Fit Trainer who looks completely different between male and female but somehow manages to be an alt costume.

There's probably others but he's definitely the only one talked about that I think I wouldn't care about at all.
That being, I don't dislike or like him, I don't really have any opinion of him either way.

why do people think it's terry specifically? it could also be a metal slug rep, right?

Because Vergeben and Sabi say it's Terry. Yes Vergeben is full of shit but Sabi has a good track record, can't think of anything Sabi has gotten wrong.

Don't forget Smash's fanbase is massive and mixed with both casuals and competitivefags. Natrually, casuals gonna casual

Some dumb leaker said it would be Terry but besides that Terry is the best pick to represent SNK as a company since he's their oldest mascot fighter.

Attached: 1482132935100.jpg (701x1000, 741K)

Am I the only one excited by the prospect of seeing Mount Rushmore in Smash?

Attached: 1539829710020.gif (624x223, 2.72M)

I don't play other fighting games but Terry's design looks cool and I like what I percieve his attitude to be, so he's a good addition in my book
Welcome to Smash, Terry.

Attached: 1561318987568.jpg (838x1199, 336K)

but ettika is dead

>say you don't like Terry
>Terry Defense Force jumps down your throat
I get that he's cool and important in his own games
but I think that actual fighting came character don't translate well to Smash and a Metal Slug character would be more interesting
In Smash Terry wouldn't stand out well, he's not going to be BARN KNUCLEing people across the screen

Terry is a good man. Plays basketball with the kids and loves animals.

Attached: Shinkiro-TerryBogard.jpg (870x1200, 739K)

>t. Furry dicksucker

Is Mt. Rushmore public domain? I could've sworn I heard some shit about it being copyrighted or something like that.

Attached: 1561208441012.png (411x482, 231K)

Is nobody going to comment on how weird this picture looks?

>Terry held hands with this at least once

Attached: 1557117634797.png (1447x2047, 1.69M)

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum

his stage will probably be FF based, a sidescroller with food crates and dudes trying to punch you
it would be cool if the end of the stage was Geese

Smash attacks are pretty special in there own right, Ryu uses his donkey kick from 3rd strike as an fsmash for example, if it would make for a good smash attack I dont see why not, and Round wave would be a good down smash if not a power geiser, if the move fits the purpose than why not

Wait, what? Did FF start as a beat 'em up like Street Fighter or something?

BIG SHOT

Actual retard

the snk copyright was a mistake it was meant for another page you fucking idiots

Lol no
Neither dante or amaterasu

>fatal fury
>sidescroller
Nigga what

Attached: Jerry.gif (368x368, 1.22M)

>people are still repeating this debunked lie
Amazing how quickly Smashfags clamp onto bullshit like leeches just because it agrees with what they want.

The original Fatal Fury was more of a Street Fighter 1 sequel, it just happened to come out next to SF2 which pushed the genre further
youtube.com/watch?v=GuO1BhTUdvE

As you know, Fatal Fury's final boss is Mr. X, the only man in the city with a gun. Gotta love Capcom.

>Terry Bogard gets in Smash
>isn't even the first Terry in Smash

OOF!

Attached: 1536209241299.png (1024x1012, 604K)

i used to get Fatal Fury and Final Fight confused all the time

Terrybros, please for the love of god stop falling into the leaktrap

I actually like you guys and I like the character so I don't wanna see you go the way of fucking Stevefags and getting your asses blown out

Just cool it and wait for the Direct, save yourselves

>functions
not this shit again

Attached: 0167A547-67FB-4B7D-BCE5-C2A953764724.png (1000x682, 361K)

Terry Bogard is the best!
I love the Fatal Fury franchise, I saw the OVAs and the movie and I always use him along with his brother and Joe in KoF.

Attached: 1508943510803.jpg (775x700, 120K)

>Terry fingered her navel at least once

Should have been a Guilty Gear character.

People hates incineroar because he looks like a fucking sonic donut steel character, what's so hard to understand about it?

Ramlethal for smash

oh god these hater "things" are coming up with more bullshit to try and tarnish the wonderfulness that is incineroar.

A smasher with some fucking SENSE

>wonderfulness
What the fuck

Incineroarfags deserve death.

Sol Badguy would be based and received way better than Terry

CvS2

Exactly, just think of his move set
>Grounded projectile
>DP
>Arching aerial kick
>Forward moving flame punch
>Power Dunk
wait a minute.....

I’m happy there are people who are excited for him, but I’m personally really disappointed. I was hoping for a really out there pick with a crazy move set. Could still happen but I’m doubtful.

>Sword user
>recieved way better
I doubt that

Sol Badguy is literally Terry with a sword

Better than Tracer

RC would make Smashfags livid, but I feel like cause of FighterZ way more people know ArcSys now then SNK and keep begging them for more anime based fighters

I unironically would’ve had Tracer. Would’ve been a wacky but interesting character.

I want Ky but I think GG fans would hate me if I said that

Does Palutena comment on the DLC characters?

The people that don't want terry just see him as a function we already have. This is why they are wrong

>YUUUUUUSSSSSS TERRY BIGOT FOR SMASH HEY STOP CALLING HIM KEN ZOOMIE >:( FUCKING NERDS MUST APPRECIATE SNK ALOT CUZ HE IS SO COOL ARE YOU OKAY BUSTA WOLF

Attached: Terry.png (454x520, 10K)

I want Wright too, but let us be honest, people would come out of the woodwork to bitch. OP is kinda right except for the fact that some characters are more disappointing on a general scale then others

Attached: 1565982713807.png (906x845, 550K)

As long as it isn't a traditional sword character like hero people seen to be fine

Based

No
destructoid.com/sakurai-says-that-future-dlc-fighters-for-smash-ultimate-will-not-get-unique-palutena-s-guidance-dialogue-543365.phtml

She just uses some generic lines like she did in 4.

They both are full of shit, but a direct this close would mean for sure they talked to someone that has seen it already

Are any of you worried that the leaks might be wrong and that Terry might not get in?

Could easily happen, but at least smashies would leave SNK alone and we could have normal threads again.

I know, and I don't want to go into talking about functions, but Sol is legitimately just edgy sword Terry with a super mode. You might as well bring the genuine article.

user, the people saying Terry is a Ken echo are the people that play Smash Bros. Why would smash players know what fighting game characters are like, they've never played one.

>edgy sword Terry with a super mode.
Sounds way more fun than normie Terry

At least Sol would actually come with good music, which is more than I can say for Terry.

He’s not iconic anymore, if he ever was. Street Fighter isn’t even iconic as it one was. What makes you think freaking terry is still an icon? The most popular game was back in 97 or something.

The 13 followers is what I personally find to be the funniest thing about this image. Its just the idea that such a realistically low(but still surprisingly high) amount of people would think "Yes, this is the content I want plastered all over my feed".

He's actually up to 23 followers now.

I always find it funny that Isabelle was so underwhelming that she was announced at the end of a non-smash direct and then recieved absolutely no follow up or mention of her moveset the next direct.

This guy got fucking roasted.

Attached: 1554018323596.jpg (606x784, 112K)

God speed @TerrySucks. Stick to your convictions and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

I never played KoF or any SNK game, and I'm really excited for Terry. He seems fun.

Play Garou. Just skip straight to Garou. It is amazing, some of the best animations I have ever seen in a fighting game and very fun to play. Fighting games made this decade still don't look as good as Garou did.

the same could be for fighting game players. They've never played smash and don't understand what the people who say they're similar are talking about, because they don't understand how smash works.

>it's old so it isn't iconic
So Mr. Game & Watch isn't iconic?
Pac-Man isn't iconic?
Duck Hunt isn't iconic?
Ice Climbers aren't iconic?
Simon isn't iconic?
Banjo isn't iconic?

Terry, if he's in, would be a homage not only to SNK as a company, but to the arcade era of the late 80s-mid to late 90s.

posting your ugly-ass mug as your profile pic
ahahahaha the faggot deserved it

literally how

I've been away and have just seen the leaks around SNK. I know literally nothing about this series so I can't say I'm excited.
Smash is not a fighting game. I don't see why we need crossovers with fighting games.

Watch there be no SNK character at all and instead it's just Mii costumes

Well, SNK makes more than just fighting games, it's still possible it could be Metal Slug. Which I'm ready to be infuriated at retards trying to say Metal Slug is not an iconic series.

>Generic buttrock weeb metal is better than fucking retro SNK jazz
You have to go back.

How I've never played one? SNK just flew under the radar for me. I'm not really even interested in SamSho either. I think I might be interested in KoF now though

is this guy not already in smash? he's from ryu's game??

>J-JAZZ IS STILL HIP, YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER *puffs on pipe*

You've never played a single Metal Slug game?

Banjo, Crash, Dixie and Doomguy are literally the only good picks on that list.

Attached: edelgas.png (691x682, 626K)

Nope, I've definitely heard of them before though.

>Unironically wanting more FE over SNK
GET SERIOUS

>Implying all GG music doesn't sound the same

>Unironically wanting hat Ken over delicious yuri

Attached: FUCK SNK.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

Most if those characters are fading into obscurity. It’s only Smash that has them being talked about at all.

We already have plenty of Western cereal mascots in Smash already, and Doomguy is an even bigger meme than Waluigi. Your character requests are shit. Fuck off.

You mean like Ryu, Pac Man and Donkey Kong already are?
>Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch
>Iconic

Inshiteroar is the worst newcomer addition along with Banjo.

>Smash is not a fighting game so we don’t need fighting game characters in the game.
> smash is a Nintendo game about Nintendo characters, but we need Doomguy, Master Chief and everyone and their momma in the game.
Makes sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=oBKsGXlLdQg
OR
youtube.com/watch?v=2S9M12GzZg0

>Implying one of the best additions in the entire series wasn't a literal who before Smash
You guys are fucking faggots. I would rather some obscure character with actual charisma and personality over fucking Shantae or Rayman or whatever other autistic cartoon platformer character you keep asking for.

Attached: xSSBUWebsite6.jpg,qx46903.pagespeed.ic.OZXnxNNXWx.jpg (640x360, 28K)

Attached: 1565838970792.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

>smash is a Nintendo game about Nintendo characters
Only first partyyfags said this shit cause they really want to play every Mario side character

>I think a lot of Smash players are people who play Smash because they don't like other fighting games
I don't think the smash comunity plays games outside smash. Sometimes they don't even recognize Nintendo characters.

Based Dimitri

Not true at all.

Attached: 6AABE580-5841-4867-8105-B773551F7815.jpg (1280x888, 171K)

This isn't as smart of an argument as you think it is.

This. The fighter pass so far has two silent JRPG characters. Banjo is cool but let's not take two steps back after that step forward.

Imagine whining about Terry when we got Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Joker, Hero, and Banjo.

we are long past that era my dude

I'll take Metal Slug. I may be a zoomer but I've at least seen it at arcade conventions and such to understand its significance.

What side are you on Yea Forums?

Attached: CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY.png (700x700, 830K)

what if i think all 4 are boring as hell

The only character in this image that's getting in is Terry. I really wish Ryubros weren't acting so cocky, because they're gonna be the next Steve at this rate.

It's insane how much people whine about too much third party. If #5 does happen to be third party as well, 15/80 characters will be third party. That's not even 1/4th of all of the characters in Smash Bros.

The Neutral Path. Byleth and the Metal Slug crew

Attached: 1567206089667.png (911x1094, 456K)

Well so far there's the Edelgard/Sylux leak that got all three DLC so far correct all the way back in November, and there's the Terry/Ryu one going on. So we'll see which one is correct, or maybe both are wrong.

Yeah, plus there aren't that many first party characters that would hype people up. For example, imagine if we got Ashley or Bandana Waddle Dee at the Game Awards instead of Joker or Spring Man and Rex instead of Hero and Banjo at E3. People would be pissed and disappointed compared to what we got.

Both are wrong. No leak has gotten every DLC character, and the Terry and Ryu one is fucking dumb because it goes into way too much detail and has too much information in it for both trailers. That means it'd have to be an animator on the trailer, and that kind of person isn't gonna risk their fucking job.

I agree that Yuri Sakazaki would be a good choice but I have to say she's looking pretty unlikely.

I would love if it was Yuri so she can steal everyone's moves and be really smug about it.

Attached: yuri_smug.jpg (1427x2048, 337K)

You're going to look like a retard when KoF XIV gets announced for the Switch tomorrow

smash is a pretty barebones fighting game mechanic wise though, the controls are extremely easy to figure out and most of the "techniques" are just glitches or exploits, nothing deliberately programmed into the game

I'm glad the Terry and Ryu one goes into so much detail because we will be able to conclusively find out if it's debunked with the Terry trailer instead of having to wait all the way until December for #5 to be revealed.

literal who

I kind of love this, it looks like an old photo you'd find in someone's dresser drawer.

>she even has Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Fucking where?

>HE HE HE
HE

One very lewd and smug imouto.

Attached: yuri birthday.jpg (1365x1770, 664K)

Attached: 1536273745221.jpg (595x842, 424K)

It's already debunked because it follows a dumb fucking pattern. Just because Banjo's trailer built off of the K. Rool one doesn't mean the rest will. It's like how people thought every trailer would have a character death because of Ridley and Simon's trailers.

>Fun, iconic designs and persionalities with huge moveset potential bad because its' not muh furry cereal mascot
Eat shit and die westcucks

Attached: Smashsois.png (960x960, 673K)

Attached: yuri headband.jpg (1547x1745, 491K)

All of the fighters pass characters so far have sucked ass. Even Smash 4's DLC was better than this.

I'm kind of surprised that a random poster hanging out in this thread had a bunch of Yuri images readily available to start posting the moment she was mentioned.

>20 something years old.
>Looks and acts like a moeblob.

Attached: 1534824930457.jpg (456x337, 120K)

I remember this artist, she's a big Ryo fujo but I forgot what her twitter was

She's exactly 20 iirc.
Whoa a Terry fan is also an SNK fan in general. Crazy huh?

Attached: 1526323088468.jpg (1200x1093, 211K)

>Whoa a Terry fan is also an SNK fan in general. Crazy huh?
With all the Terryposters shitting on waifus the last couple days it's not exactly something I'd expect to see.

OH HOLY SHIT TERRY IS IN?

Other characters give her shit for it

>all these asshurt npc's

Attached: t.npc.png (1916x1078, 2.61M)

>this is like bitching about adding Zelda or Peach.
Are you seriously suggesting that for any period of time Kid Icarus was as significant as Mario or Zelda? What a fucking retard.

>autist who hates the federation and retard who hates the church
They were made for each other.

Garbage yuri tier

but i want both saki and rayman to be in, user

Attached: 1534869876691.png (704x501, 382K)

>hates the church
Sounds like a pretty smart person to me.

But he doesn't fight, he points.
Absolute garbage, grow up.
>When you ignore all the anime swordsman because your anime swordsman magically is supposed to get a pass because you like them
Again, why is having a lightsaber supposed to me people keep ignoring all of the anime swordsmen already in the fucking game? I guess we really have to have this educated discussion.

A knife that is as long as a human arm? Its a sword.
A laser stick? That's a sword.
A claymore? That is also a sword.
Stop wanting more swordsmen in Smash, we have too many as it is.

Dante is not an anime swordsman. DMC isn't anime

>when you didn't get the memo about the game having too many anime swordsmen, so you go so far into contrarian territory that not only can you not come back, but you start to hate characters that do not have a sword

If MvC can turn Phoenix Wright into one of it's most interesting characters, Smash should have no problem.

>DMC isn't anime

Attached: 1542964164702.png (607x543, 256K)

>But its not anime

Still a swordsman.

>Banjo isn't iconic?
Fuck no he isn't. Having two mediocre games twenty years ago doesn't make you an all-star.

No you didn't.

>If this non-canon game can make up a moveset for Phoenix Wright then-

You seem to assume that I support made up bullshit that isn't loyal to the source material. I do not.

The design docs literally say that DMC isn't anime, and that it's movements and cinematography should be inspired by fucking clint eastwood movies

I personally want Kyo and/or Iori in over Terry but Terry would still be amazing

Duck Hunt had only one game.

It's not about swords you retard, it's about westcucks and their fucking cereal mascots. Terry doesn't even have a sword but he gets shit on by casuals who haven't even touched Fatal Fury, KOF or Garou in their entire life.

We've never had a over the top realistic sword user in Smash. Only anime sissys

One of the best selling games ever created by Nintendo

Same iori would be great

So if it spouts anime catchphrases, has anime inspired artstyles at times, has anime plotlines, with anime names, its not anime?

DMC has a literal anime. It's anime.

The funny part is that MVC is canon. Every game except for Infinite explains how each game came to be and why all the characters are there together. The first game explained it as dimension hopping shit, the 2nd game had the pirate sailing across worlds, and the 3rd game had all the cosmic guys from Marvel combine universes so they could take over. Why are you acting like an authority on the subject?

You ARE a fucking casual if you play SNK shit. Who are you trying to fool?

Nope, for every cereal mascot there are five swordsmen. Fuck swords, and fuck you.

Too gay and edgy

Eh Travis has wrestling moves and a mech but whatever, you haven't played NMH anyway.

>corny ass Tarantino catchphrases are somehow anime
???
>has anime inspired artstyles at times
Has never happened. DMC's goal has always been hyper realism in terms of it's artstyle.
>has anime plotlines with anime names
The fuck kind of bait is this?

A 3-men team wouls be AWESOME.
With 2 more iconic interchangeable SNK characters reacting to your hits or misses.
(Kyo-Ryo, Kyo-Mai Shiranui, Kyo-Nakoruru,Kyo-Blue Mary, Kyo-Haohmaru,Kyo-Iori, Kyo-Marco,etc...)

>Iori makes a guest appearance in not just one, but TWO fighting games that are nothing but women

What's his deal?

terry! terry! terry!

Attached: 1561217204787.jpg (500x500, 45K)

And Castlevania has a cartoon. Is Castlevania a cartoon series?

After all, Pokemon Trainer already works like this somehow!

Attached: tumblr_nny60d7mwj1sibomdo1_400.gif (400x313, 137K)

>invoking Tarantino
Bad move. Kill Bill is as anime as you can get.

Terry boringard

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

discord.gg/V8pZWA4

Good tastes user. Don't let hysteria make you surrender the most interesting options.

No, Castlevania is an anime.

>Kyo, Ryo and Terry to rep KoF, AoF and FF
would be cool

What in Terry’s arsenal is interesting or unique enough to justify him being in smash
Gimme your ideal moveset for him. Impress me

>hysteria

Attached: 1567305214225.png (890x1131, 587K)

The biggest Smash players I know have never played any of the games their characters are from, one of them being a devout Peach main.

But it was made and written by Americans.

There is no rules and every time we pretend there is one, it gets broken.

But I think it’s still important to acknowledge that a LOT of SNK characters are already in different crossovers this generation.
Tekken, DOA, Fighting EX Layer, Soul Calibut etc.
And they all are using different characters, no overlap.
We should consider that it’s somebody who wasn’t used yet.

That being said, common fucking sense would still say Terry.

What if the trailer starts and this starts playing, though?
youtube.com/watch?v=c2JeaOrsUSk

Castlevania has a netflix cartoon series written and animated by an american studio. Is the entire Castlevania franchise a cartoon series?

It's anime.

Seething furfaggot, "swordsman" doesn't even say anything about how a character plays. Sword characters play differently outside of the clones and even they have more differences than most non sword clones.
SNK might not make the games with the hardest execution but that doesn't say much considering execution does not make or break the game and FGs are still harder than most other genres.

It's not.

They have never played a fucking mario game? I doubt that.

That's probably why it will be Terry. Just so it can break another supposed rule. Because of course Terry would be the only one to get in two crossovers.

I don't care if they play differently, cut all swords next time Sakurai please.

You will never be a girl

Sakurai is based, he added Joker because he liked P5 and he's adding an SNK rep because he played it when he was younger and KOF directly inspired Smash. As long as he is at the helm we will keep winning

That's why I think it's kind of odd that it would be Terry. KoF's defining characteristic is that it's a team-based fighter, and they'd pick a solo character? It would make more sense to go with a SamSho character since that's a solo fighter.

Ryu Hayabusa

This but unironically, people seriously think they are going to have Ken AND a character that's directly based off him fuck off.

It's an american cartoon you idiot

>SNK might not make the games with the hardest execution but that doesn't say much considering execution does not make or break the game and FGs are still harder than most other genres.
Spoken like a casual ass zoomer.

If he gets neither max mode nor some extra bonus from parrying he might as well have not been put in the game

This
I’m predicting Metal Slug only because Terry, Mai and Haumaru are already in other crossovers

I remember reading about the ken/incineroar trailer in detail way before it came out

He hinted that if he ever gets another chance to add a Final Fantasy character it will be Fusoya.

>more meters
fuck offf

CRAK SHOOF
AWAWAAAYY
RAY SING KAKLE
AWAAHHH GEYSER
AR U OKAY BOSS THA WOOLF
HEY CAMON CAMON

>2 meters in one character
Based

Why do all his attacks haev such stupid names?

>I think a lot of Smash players are people who play Smash because they don't like other fighting games,
Giving these idiots too much credit. They dont play other games in general except for mario and zelda.

You can't be serious.

cuz hes a fucking beef head vagrant dude
all he knows is how to punch shit and dunk basketballs

Fatal fury/KoF mechanics moreso than his own moveset.
>Just guard on top of parrying
>Counterhit mechanics
>Possible guard cancel
>Max mode cancelling specials into other specials

C'MON! GET SERIOUS

Don't listen to this guy. The Real Bout games are way cooler than Garou.

(OP)

No matter whose in, the spick community shall be pleased

Attached: Sakurai.png (712x611, 9K)

yeah but they don't understand that fighters are not nearly as constrained to a certain fighting game frame in smash the way they are in actual FGs.

see

What if all the leakers saw a blonde guy in a red jacket and retardedly assumed it was Terry when they were really looking at Marco?

Attached: 1559739926716.png (635x640, 326K)

Sometimes I try to imagine introducing a smash only player to GG

Good moveset, i'm hoping that they give him old KoF style hitsounds (ala Ryu & Ken) & keep his engrish in tact.

I don't really get this anime character bullshit.

Someone enlighten me on this retard argument?

Attached: 1553179187721.png (282x300, 76K)

I'm okay with it, its better than an anime sword boy and it is an actual fighting game character. I would have liked to see Spyro since we only have one quadruped currently in the roster and I think Spyro has good movement potential. Might be fun. Hopefully I'll be able to play banjo this month.

>ken vs incineroar trailer starts
>ken's getting pummeled
>suddenly terry jumps in to take a hit for ken, hat falls off
>pic related, ken tosses him his hat, "are you okay?"
>this plays youtube.com/watch?v=g5caIjg9UHk

Attached: ken terry.gif (240x160, 125K)

i would legit fucking SHOOT HOT CUM IF THIS HAPPENED

Attached: 1564719498857.jpg (631x658, 38K)

Reminder that this unofficial poll was held through Reddit, so of course the taste in characters is is shit and does not in any way represent what the general public wants to see.

I sincerely doubt the leakers saw anything. They're claiming it's Terry because he is the main character and most popular SNK character and Sakurai has a track record of picking characters like that. It's a safe bet and they'll probably be right. But if Sakurai pulls something unexpected, they'll have squandered their credibility for nothing. It will ruin them.

Palutenafags are so fucking delusional.

And yet she's in the game while your waifu is not. Ha

I'm a Slugfag, but I hope you Terrybros get what you want too. Best of luck!

Attached: marco-ms1.png (844x1138, 718K)

>Terry is in Fighting EX Layer
>Mai is in DOA
>Haumaru is in Soul Calibur
>Geese Howard is in Tekken

Whose next

Attached: 36812EBD-E7CC-4221-9138-6DA271126EBC.jpg (480x360, 8K)

>Smash becomes CVS4 (3 being Tekken 7)

Or they have sources with people who work with shit regarding smash and they ask them "is Terry in" and they say yes maybe provide slight evidence. It's really that simple

>Joker for weebs
>Hero for Japan
>Banjo for America
>SNK for Mexico
Whose the final DLC going to appeal to?

Athena Asamiya in the next Touhou fighting game.

>Implying anyone gives a flying fuck about fexl
Terry's in smash

spbp

Lol no
They said NOTHING about an SNK rep until the website leak and now they are pretending they knew all along

SNK is basically also china and Banjo doubles with europe.

So really all thats left is uh, africa? There's the dudebro crowd with Halo I guess.

Considering nintendo themselves were the ones to leak the info. Maybe they had actually tried to keep it hidden. Like they did with cloud.

You BITCH

But you can't switch characters in battle in KOF.

Me

>Erdrincel/sword gohan/real fans want slime
>Hero gets in
>Banjokes/Cereal mascot/Irrelevant bear
>Banjo gets in
>Hat Ken/dlc sausagefest/Nakoruru and metal slug are more unique
>Terry get in
Who's next Yea Forumstards?

A humanoid

>spyro is objectively a better character
>crash gets in

I empathize with Crash more because his sole goal in life is to fuck his sister

Why is SNK so popular in Mexico and China?

I've been seeing Doom fans get roasted recently, seems to bode will for Doom's chances.

they were poor and SNK games were very easy to pirate

fans then
>fire emblem characters not going to be available in melee in usa due to lack of recognition
>fans in the west basically petition for nintendo to change their minds and give us these then literal who fire emblem characters in melee
fans now
>WHO ARE THESE ANIME WEEB CHARACTERS
>LITERAL WHOS SHOULD NOT BE IN OVER GOOMBA HAT SPEAR AND SORA *cherishes mermaid sora figurine* AND DIXIE KONG WHO ARE REALLY ICONIC CHARACTERS

What if you get to cycle between 3 different characters like pokemon trainer?

>>fans in the west basically petition for nintendo to change their minds and give us these then literal who fire emblem characters in melee
This never happened. Nobody knew Fire Emblem characters were in Melee until Melee was out. Nintendo made the call to include them despite their series being unknown in the west.

hatty hatty hat ken

Sure, idiot.
SNKfags were non-existent.
Bandwagoning piece of shit. Your votes shouldn't have counted. Sub-human beings don't count. No human rights for you should be granted.

Attached: 1546857491465.jpg (990x617, 146K)

Well, if Nakoruru's really not in this, at least that means she'll probably be in some other fighting game down the line. I wonder what it will be. Is SC6 still getting DLC? Maybe they'll add her on top of Haohmaru, just for the hell of it.

Where's Joker in that list, dumb fucker?

Pretty sure that list is before Fighter Pass seeing Decidueye there.

Literal nobody Joker is, and still got in. Watch how another of our "literal who's" get in again.

In hopes that SNK leak is a mistake as well, I'd have a big laugh about it.

Very fucking original. Worse than Stevefags.

Like I said, not even basic human resources needed for you monkey sub-human niggers. Monoxide gas is what you need.

SNK fans are in for a t-hree-t.

Attached: KOF.jpg (1200x675, 136K)

>three actually separate characters in one slot
I'd buy the fighter pass a second time if that happened and gift it to someone on Yea Forums. The value would be so immense.

IT SHOULD BE FAUST!!!

>another anime swordguy
*yawn*

Oh shit, that's a good point. Most people bought NSO subscriptions around this time last year, so it makes sense that they're doing a Smash reveal tomorrow. Because that will make people decide whether they should bother renewing it or not. I'll be renewing it anyway because I need it for Pokemon, but this is the moment of truth...

Whether it’s Terry, Tracer, Ryu, Doomguy, or even freakin’ oh my god Waluigi we see tomorrow, everything that was said on this board in SNK’s defense is still true.

SNK still invented the crossover fighter. It still invented a lot of fighting game mechanics that we take for granted today, including several that are in Smash like the dodge roll. It still revolutionized arcade manufacturing with its multi-cart arcade boards, which allowed smaller businesses to have a wider variety of games with fewer cabinets. It still invented the arcade-perfect port, and the stinkin’ memory card.

Terry Bogard is still an important character, with a distinct, flashy, explosive playstyle, a lovable design, and a memorable personality, and the star of a series whose importance cannot be understated: one that is the Dragon Quest of fighting games at best and the Sonic of fighting games at worst.

Smash isn’t needed to verify these things. But with all the Smash fans saying SNK’s name is mud, Smash just might need one of its characters more than I once thought; one who gathers most of their gaming history from Smash is liable to have many misconceptions until Smash corrects them. There will always be those who don’t like peaches even when given the ripest, sweetest, juiciest peach in the world, but those of you who think you won’t, I suggest you at least either give them a try or understand that a lot of other people really love peaches, and that they’re important to a lot of people for a good reason.

You get me?

>What are KoFs 2003 and XI

What if I like Fire Emblem and Fatal Fury

Attached: 1566871514265.jpg (915x704, 169K)

shut the FUCK UP BITCH!

Then why did you post Royal Ludroth.

>cereal mascot
Stinky stevefag

Attached: DD435926-0898-4433-9FD2-1DFD3D0EF60E.jpg (396x550, 51K)

>other fighting games
Are you implying what I think you're implying?

Fun fact: Terry Bogard invented the OH NO NO NO meme.

Attached: 1548574353883.png (1200x852, 2.84M)

He'd also probably be using two swords which none of the sword users in Smash have done. No idea how we've gone all this time without a dual wielder.

Americans are not people

This fucking boomer is telling me that the music is jazz, but I just listened to all of Terry's themes and they're all classic rock, what the fuck is this "Jazz" nonsense?

False I edited that.

Attached: AHYOUOKAYRETARD.png (600x450, 120K)

Fucking dumb that Light the Fire Up in the Night is not in Smash despite that actually being from a game on a Nintendo system. What the fuck you fucking retards.

He may not have invented it but he is a troll either way.

Attached: 1567533151298.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

Why waste your time on making so many memes that are going to be useless tomorrow when Terry is deconfirmed?

GO BACK

Attached: HEYYOUGOBACKTOREDDIT.png (794x403, 537K)

ZOOMERS
ARE YOU OK?

Attached: 1516422367657.png (400x573, 327K)

UH OH

Attached: 1560719644711.jpg (584x144, 26K)

>inb4 Avatar is an anime

I didn't make that one you faggot.

Attached: 1567227589452.jpg (592x443, 40K)

attention grabbing image

Cope

>But he doesn't fight, he points.
and wii fit trainer only does yoga
and piranha plant only chomps stuffs

Congrats SNK fans!

Attached: JPEG_20190831_232125.png (210x240, 68K)

Post your face when it's actually Nero Claudius and insiders mistook Terry for Nero because of the same color scheme.

Attached: 1565704982865.jpg (1024x1058, 110K)

I'm only in for what will cause the most amounts of seething and this one is still pretty high up there anyway.

haha thanks friend

Attached: Terryheaven.gif (50x60, 3K)

Since this thread has SNK fans in it, maybe someone can tell me what's up with Geese Howard? He's a white guy but he seems to go around wearing Japanese clothing? Is he just a massive weeb or what?

>Is he just a massive weeb
Yes

Saying fucking Geno

Attached: geno in smash.png (893x894, 400K)

>want to check out Dragon Quest because of Smash
>DQ general on /vg/ has helpful links to download all the games
>want to check out Fatal Fury because of Smash
>SNK general has nothing

Well this doesn't leave a very good first impression. I mean I know where to find it anyway, but poor form. Also I want to play all the games but are any later ports considered optimal or am I fine with emulating the NeoGeo originals?

Boy, oh boy. I bet you think platformers have harsher, more precise execution than fighting games.

Was Terry leaked at all before the SNK trademark showed up, or is it all just bandwagoning?

Nope, if anything the only SNK-related leak was pointing towards Nakoruru.

Are you okay?

This is more confusing than I thought. So old games don't work on newer versions of MAME? You have to have a new version of that old game? I haven't used MAME in a million years, but I don't remember any other emulator being like this. This is weird. I think I'm just gonna emulate the PS2 version instead.

ArE yOu OkAy?

Melee fags thought sheik was a guy

Never because Corrin exists, I'd take fucking Steve over Corrin

I'm trying to come up with a Corrin version of hoes mad but I've got nothing.

A lot of people will cry when nintendo reveal it won't be Terry

Cope

This but unironically

Feet fags

This plays right into the Stevoids' scheme, they're pretending to be obnoxious Terryfags so that when Terry is deconfirmed tomorrow they turn around and mock the real Terryfags and say "Look how annoying you were, you deserve it."

Good idea.

Attached: 1557642920310.jpg (1280x720, 27K)

wew, that official art

Attached: e07.jpg (480x542, 37K)

But who will it be?

Terry doesn't even use fire.

Then what the fuck does he shoot out of his fist for Buster Wolf?

Would be better if is was SkullWomania

Attached: tumblr_pfq6lv8OTo1rnk8peo1_500.gif (500x281, 2.08M)

>I think a lot of Smash players are people who play Smash because they don't like other fighting games, so it's no surprise they'd be unfamiliar with Terry even though he's iconic.
If a person has to play the series he's from to know him, then he's not fucking iconic.

I mean in Terry's case you literally have to have been closing your eyes and yelling LALALA every time a game that isn't Nintendo is mentioned to have somehow never heard of him.

>terry being used to shitpost all over Yea Forums
I hate this, everybody go back to not giving a shit about SNK, the threads were nice then.

I like Terry, but I also like arguing. Many of you have probably both called me based and told me to cope. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.

I'm just saying that Ultimate in general hasn't relied on relevance. K. Rool hasn't been in any non-spinoff game since the N64, Simon's good games are from the Super Nintendo or earlier, Richter is in a similar situation, just slightly newer, Joker was so goddamn Zoomer and Japanese that I hadn't even fucking heard of Persona before the VGAs and I know I'm not alone on that, and Banjo is frankly never getting another game ever and his last good games were N64.

Terry's last major spike of popularity may have been the 90's, but that's honestly standard play for Ultimate so far.

People will leave Terry alone once the second FP is announced, doesn't take too long for shitposters to get board.

Hell, people want fucking Geno, and if you're going to legitimately defend Geno and attack Terry for being too irrelevant or niche, you're a fucking hypocrite blinded by nostalgia.

At least Terry has tons of games he's been playable in and continues to get more games. Geno is lucky if he gets his Mii costume back at this point.

While you're mostly right, I don't know how you haven't heard of Persona, it's not even a new series. The first Persona game was on PS1. It's quite literally as old as Banjo-Kazooie. Also, Grunty's Revenge on GBA is generally considered to be an overlooked gem.

Fair enough, let me clarify some of my thoughts. I don't pay attention to JRPG's. They're not my style. I likely have encountered Persona before then but I hadn't heard of it.

I honestly forgot about Grunty's Revenge, so fair. Doesn't stop Banjo from being just as irrelevant as Terry though.

My thoughts? There is almost no reason to hate Terry that isn't ultra hypocritical. At least when you don't get a character you want, be gracious about it and don't throw a fucking hissy fit about a party game's roster.

you're right but he looks so fucking boring though. I hope I'm wrong. sakurai really surprised me with hero and joker.

sure but you're not alexander

Any legitimate terryfags here?
He was never my number one most wanted choice, but I always liked his design and i speculated that if any snk character was to get in, I would want him the most. He's a pretty based pick.

>Nakoretard/waifufag/who
>Nakoruru gets in

I was hoping for iori but terrys great and will be tons of fun to play

I really was not expecting to like Hero as much as I do. Erdrick's design looked so ugly in the art people kept posting. But for some reason he looks way better in Smash. I don't even care about that hoes mad shit, I just like playing Erdrick. Maybe someday I'll even play his game.

>first party bullshit with no hope of second pass
>based terry bogard and a confirmed second pass if shifty's claims line up
I'm taking my 5 more fighters, thank you

Holy shit, what? Shifty said there's a second pass? Why haven't I heard anyone talk about this?

>mkleo is already #1
>gets access to terry
Oh god
Oh fuck

Look, I'm all for some GOOD first party characters that should have been ages ago, but I think the first party section of the roster is already pretty good and Terry is a good addition to the 3rd party roster

He didn't exactly say a second pass but he did say we'd get dlc for longer than smash 4 (2 years)
We're still at the first year

There's also the odd case of those 16 dummy slots in WoL, which would perfectly add up to two more passes once you substract Plant +FP1

Ah, I see. Well, I hope he's right. I'd be surprised if we didn't get more, considering even Splatoon 2 had two years worth of DLC. Even if the second wave is only Nintendo characters, and no stages, it just makes more sense than stopping after a single year.

>Smashtranny trying to falseflag as a FEfan
Imagine my fucking shock.

What a remarkably stupid post was just made.

Well, I'm going to continue holding out hope for it to be three fighters. Just like how Vergeben kept predicting Erdrick only for Eleven, Solo, and Eight to also join with him never once mentioning them, I can see it being the case that even if he does know about Terry, he only knows part of the whole picture. Thankfully, I have to wait less than a day to find out, which is much better than the six months of suffering to find out about Erdrick.

Here, here. I was always in the prediction threads rooting for Estelle Bright and Terry Bogard, and I'm still shocked at this turn of events, ahaha!

Even if it's not him, seeing SNK representation in Smash will bring me a smile.

Estelle Bright would be amazing but man in what universe would she have any chance, there has not been a single Trails game on Nintendo ever. I would contend that Adol realistically has a chance if we're talking Falcom but Estelle just seems like a pipe dream.

Regardless, seeing SNK representation and Joker, I wouldn't really discard the possibility of seeing her in this game. Truly, she'd be a surprise pick nobody would expect, and I'd relish to see the seething Smash hiveminds when they see such an unexpected character close out the DLC. Adol would be sick too, because I'm not interested in the character, but in the awesome tracks they would add to the mix. Unfortunately, though, I think Rean would be the pick to represent Falcom seeing the hard-on one of the devs has for him.

Thing is, SNK has had a pretty significant presence on Nintendo systems, and while Joker is a bit of an outlier, he does have Persona Q2 so even he at least has one Nintendo game that he's in besides Smash. Trails doesn't even have that going for it. But don't get me wrong, I agree that I'd love to see Estelle. Great character, great music, cute girl, great games in general that had quite an impact on JRPG history, and she has a unique weapon that hasn't been represented in Smash so her gameplay would be something different. I actually like Adol as a character personally but I can't deny he'd just be another swordie, his music is amazing like you said but he's not going to bring anything fresh to the table gameplay wise, and I don't think I can bear to see people shitting on Ys just because he happens to be a sword user in Smash. Also, I seriously doubt they'd pick Rean over Adol even as much as they like him. It would be like picking K' or something instead of Terry. Adol is just the most iconic Falcom mascot with the longest history behind him, and a decent amount of that history is on Nintendo systems.

In my opinion fighting game characters work if they bring their game's mechanics with them. Ryu is fun because he has the input system of his native game, and that makes him stand out. If Terry has any mechanics from Fatal Fury or KoF it should be possible to make something unique with him.

To be fair, Sakurai directed that game. I'd imagine that had influenced the decision.

Even though Terry is a fighting game rep and I feel similarly to other people about fighting game reps being kind of a waste in Smash, I will say I like him much more than Ryu and Ken so I'm actually kind of fine with him being in. I know Street Fighter is an important game and all but Ryu and Ken are just kinda boring karate dudes. Terry has a much cooler visual aesthetic.

I would say you are right but nakoruru is actually a literal who. Even more so than erdrick supposedly was. Terry is the face of SNK

snk.fandom.com/wiki/Nakoruru_&_Terry_Club

And by the way, the characters described as "literal who" characters always are characters who are massively popular in Japan. Americans think the world revolves around them and they don't get it. And I say this as an American. Americans are fucking stupid.

I almost want him just for the laugh

>all characters react to his facial surgery and ass shove attacks

This is the most reasonable post I've ever seen

Attached: crocodile2.gif (718x957, 50K)

i love how smashfags think they actually have the ballot results in their hands based on what their small corner of the internet shitpost about

>People are disappointed with any new addition, so don't read too much into it. The internet whines about literally everything these days.
but everyone loved Ridley you tard

Name a character you want in Smash, i guarantee Skull Kid is far more liked and well known for them.

Is that Ken wearing a hat?

The fighter will be three fighters in one, the top three most popular SNK characters.

Attached: 1558556900927.jpg (1586x987, 463K)

No, that's your mom wearing a hat.

Oddly this comes off as a compliment.

Well, Terry IS a good mom.

Attached: Garou .Mark.of.the.Wolves.full.488348.jpg (700x1024, 62K)

>Terry is in Fighting EX Layer
>no team mechanic
>Mai is in DOA
>no team mechanic
>Haumaru is in Soul Calibur
>no team mechanic
>Geese Howard is in Tekken
>no team mechanic
>Terry Bogard in Smash
>suddenly he needs to be pokemon trainer 2 despite fatal fury being 1v1
Besides, we have squad strike already

It would help to differentiate Terry from Ryu and Ken and alleviate the problem of the character being a boring fighting game port. And are you seriously turning down the possibility that you could have THREE SNK characters instead of just one? Seriously what the fuck is going on here, what is your endgame in only wanting Terry and nobody else, especially considering you'd still get Terry in this scenario. Suddenly Terry's less special to you because he doesn't get to be the only one? Is that what this is about?

Furthermore, if you're going to be a rulefag about it and say "Oh but look what these other games did, Smash has to follow these rules" then you're saying that Terry shouldn't be in because he's already in one of those games so RULES!!! But I know you don't mean that, you're just being a hypocrite.

ADDITIONALLY, you conveniently left out the fact that DoA doesn't have just one SNK guest. It has Kula AND Mai now. So hey, would you look at that, there's precedent for SNK getting more than one guest character. Isn't that interesting. Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Kula and mai aren't a tag team though you retard
The point i'm making is that you'd essentially gimp all three fighters for the sake of a hamfisted gimmick because you'd have to sacrifice down b for a switch move when you could have just one of them in with their entire moveset intact
Especially when squad strike does the KOF concept miles cleaner
And who gives a fuck about if he's a port, people were going to bitch about SNK anyway no matter who it was going to be

I'll be honest, I barely knew about Fatal Fury or even the SNK company before the leak and didn't know how big it actually is in certain parts of the world.

You wouldn't have to sacrifice down B, that's just the way Pokemon Trainer handles it because that's how they were designed in Brawl. You could have it be Shield-B like Inkling's reload. Boom, problem solved. How hard was that? Or it could be like ZSS used to be and just be three separate solo characters taking the same slot.

Your move, fool.

Which is not really surprising, SNK is in that weird position where it makes big stuff, but their name is not really being thrown around so much until now.

It hasn't really made big stuff in a while. Look at their new games, they're all noticeably lower budget than their contemporaries. SNK was huge in the 90s and well into the 2000s but they don't have the money anymore, so people who aren't their loyal fans stopped hearing about them.

>characters that should be in
Oh great user-sama, please gift us with your knowledge of who is 'deserving' to be in this game! It's not the fighters pack was a list of characters specially picked by Nintendo so that they could make money off of them!

Also, you have to consider something about the people trashing SNK, is these are the same people who sincerely tried to claim that Ryu wasn't important enough for Smash. Enough time has passed that they can now pretend they were for him all along, but go back and look at some of those posts. You will see people calling Ryu, of all characters, a literally who. These people have always been like this, it's nothing new for Terry. He's not the first, and he won't be the last.

Haha i love Terry from Streets of Rage too user!

Attached: 1567524040268.jpg (1800x1200, 150K)

They had business issues, even went bankrupt, but ever since being bought by the Chinese they've been slowly getting back on track.
They are however indeed a little behind on graphics, sticking to sprites for so long means they have a lot to catch up and little time to do it.

At that point you might as well just give them their own slots

Yeah, I understand they had trouble. My point is that's why people these days are less aware of them, sadly. Doesn't make the new games not good, just contextualizes why this is happening. Still. They were once a company that made their own successful console. Anyone rewriting history to pretend they aren't important is embarrassing. It's like acting as if the Sega Genesis didn't exist.

there's nothing funny about you

He was perfect in UMVC3, no reason to put him in Smash too.

Yeah but then the fighters pass wouldn't have room, the whole point of this little hypothetical is to come up with an idea where we can have more characters while still staying within the FP's restriction. 7 characters for the price of 5.

Mai again, or Pranked Terry.

>general public
>good taste
The only difference is that a real general public poll wouldn't feature something like Geno because literally nobody other than rosterfags even remembers where this fucker is. I have a friend that thought he was a digimon and he's more into games than the general public.

He is a Digimon, Puppetmon looks exactly like Geno. I don't blame your friend for making that mistake.

>we have too many sword characters
>we need more guys who punch!
Why are smashfags the worst fanbase on the internet?

I was hating on the Maiposters for a while because I thought they were liking a really boring character just because she had her breasts hanging out, but I finally looked into her and found she fights with a fan which is a pretty unique fighting style, so I have to apologize to the Maiposters I was hating on because while she has zero chance of ever being in Smash unless they decide to put her in a pantsuit or something, she would be a pretty good choice.

Or just consider the fact we're only getting one considering dq destroyed their budget already

I doubt it, Smash's budget is infinite. Hero was merely a small taste of what's to come.

This is smash for ya. Continues to add stupid crap no one wants. The base roster is filled with this shit. I still can't believe nintendo help that stupid fighter ballot only to ignore it completely.

I sense a fellow Digibro.

lolololololol. They are still on the ballot unlike hero, joker, anyone from SNK, & PP.

Al Borland from the Devil May Cry series.

Attached: 1566294380733.jpg (750x986, 67K)

lolololololol. And yet Hero, Joker, someone from SNK, and Piranha Plant are all in and your cartoon animals are not. Because guess what, kid? The ballot means jack shit. It's all about what Sakurai wants. He is the king, and you are a peasant.

>We already have plenty of Western cereal mascots in Smash already

lmao So one is plenty?

Rayman and Shantae have more personality and charisma AND are FAR MORE UNIQUE AND INTERESTING than Ken 2.

Neither. ALl 4 are shit.
I'd rather have Geno, Shantae, Crash, or Sir Daniel Fortesque.

Oh? On god?

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-124741_Twitter.jpg (1080x1119, 424K)

>he joked
Enough said. Way to own yourself.

>literally afterwards "but it's the truth!"
>the entire block of text about not being able to do a joker presentation for all dlc
At least read before making a fool out of yourself

> And yet Hero, Joker, someone from SNK, and Piranha Plant are all in and your cartoon animals are not. Because guess what, kid

Yea I know why. It's because Sakurai's ego is bigger than the planet earth and he only adds what he wants and ignores the fans.

Some bullshit by some literally who on Twitter and I'm supposed to blindly believe it? Glad I'm not as dumb as you.

>A translation of a sakurai famitsu column is bullshit

Cope.