Do these games really need to be that hard?

do these games really need to be that hard?
i get it, you're a pro gamer making thousands from his mom's basement
you like the challenge
guess what? not everyone is you
>but you don't have to play the games
you know, you don't have to leave your mom's basement either
sekiro, dark souls, bloodborne, they all have aesthetics and visual appeal that will draw in new players. deep and rich lore
and all that is missed out on because people want to quit the game within the first level
some people want to just have fun with a game, not spend hours pulling their hair out to a boss
these games should have an easy mode
>hurr durr op you're a faggot
>i actually like sekiro a lot
>it just does need a mode for people who just want to experience the story
also people want DLC? do you know how hard that is gonna sell?
>scenario
>500 people bought sekiro
>300 dropped the game
>only 200 playing
>only 200 people care about the DLC
>down from from 500
>more than half dropped the game
>YEAH I WANT THIS DLC SO I CAN KEEP DYING
yep... businesses sure like losing money

Attached: 59840158_404199433751534_6806283224281513984_n.png (500x792, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/
polygon.com/2019/4/9/18303666/sekiro-meme-you-cheated-not-only-the-game
youtube.com/watch?v=mzXdFNjmBdE
youtube.com/watch?v=o-JMc7Ug9vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Thousands of easy games
>Faggots literally lose their minds when a game that's good is hard.
It's really just journalists complaining because they have to put in a smidgen of work. Then idiots parrot it.

Dark Souls isn't hard.

I noticed you didn't have an actual reply to
>but you don't have to play the game

game isn't hard
anyone who says they're hard don't get it
don't play it if you're bad anyway

I'm literally an old man and have the reflexes to match and I do just fine. People who struggle with souls games suffer from being stupid, not being unskilled.

I always wonder, are those games legit hard or is it just that people complaining about it are simply really bad

i feel like those games are only hard because of shit controls, extreme delay between controls-characters and clunky movement.

The latter, though its more than being bad its more that they are impatient little babies who don't want to learn and adapt, and just want to mash buttons for 30 hours. I guess they are "hard" if youve only ever played easy and normal modes in post gen 6 games and never touched anything beyond that

Just because you suck at a game doesn't mean everyone else does, user. Stop making numbers up as if over half the people who buy the games drop them after the first level, that's just you and the small minority that fucking suck. And calling Dark Souls hard is just outing yourself as a dumbass with a short attention span. You can literally just die over and over in these games with absolutely no repercussions and even if you suck terribly you can just keep trying over and over. Just because you can't beat a boss after dying once or twice doesn't mean it's the hardest thing ever. You people just give up too fast and don't learn from mistakes.

Attached: 1526744427497.png (259x224, 21K)

because if there's one thing FROM has been doing with Souls games and their derivatives, it's lose money

>do these games really need to be that hard?
yes, that's part of miyazaki's vision
>i get it, you're a pro gamer
why thank you
>making thousands from his mom's basement
no
>you like the challenge
yes? if there was no challenge it would've been boring, why would i choose to waste the time i reserved to play some fun vidya on something boring?
>you know, you don't have to leave your mom's basement either
??!?!? wat do u mean i dont have to play lol u dont have 2 eat shit haha shut up
>sekiro, dark souls, bloodborne, they all have aesthetics and visual appeal that will draw in new players. deep and rich lore
>and all that is missed out on because people want to quit the game within the first level
these games are advertised as hard so you could just not play them instead of whining you can't succeed in a game that makes you put in some effort
>some people want to just have fun with a game, not spend hours pulling their hair out to a boss
what if people who like these games are having fun? just because you're not having fun doesn't mean others don't
>these games should have an easy mode
maybe instead of demanding an easier version of a game because you have zero patience and a 7 second attention span you should put in some effort and actually get good at the game
>it just does need a mode for people who just want to experience the story
sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/
>dlc rant
i'm pretty sure dlc sells a lot less than the base game anyway, that's why all of these games and every modern high profile game in general gets a goty edition a year later which includes all the dlcs. and since they keep making these games and keep making dlcs for them it's probably still very profitable

Lol no

They are not hard, only you are shit

> do these games really need to be that hard?
No, but it's clearly many people's preferences that they are. If your preferences doesn't align with the what the games are trying to do... then you can just have the opinion that you don't like them.

It's really weird. Whenever these "hard" games come out there are a bunch of guys who show up and get really butthurt because not being good at hard game is threatening to their masculinity when they clearly don't even like the game. So, they go out of their way to do mental gymnastics to publicly defend themselves and make it somehow the games fault and the people who like it need to stop having fun. It's really pathetic and juvenile. Just go do something you prefer. The people who try to dump on those guys with "git gud" or "ur just bad" are just as childish though. People are allowed to not like things. Opposite problem there though since they have a sense of pride and accomplish that's part of their identity that they're trying to defend.

Video game discourse is a bunch of screaming babies is what I'm getting at.

>Souls
>Hard

Fucking zoomers

Attached: NGaiden.jpg (780x440, 52K)

The fuck else do I play now that I've beat all of these multiple times

Attached: 1536210273354.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

Most hard games are not popular. These games are popular. That means that a lot of people who would normally not play games would play them.

Meant for

Honestly a good comparison if we go by community.

wait for Elden Ring like the rest of us

yes, because i love being spoonfed in a medium that already requires the least modicum of effort to succeed in to begin with

fucking rip

Nioh, Salt&Sanctuary, and Remnant are all good games

>games needing to be stupid hard to be fun
You people are what's wrong with gaming. It shouldn't be an elite boys club. It should be for everyone.
You fucks are so full of yourselves I bet you smell your own farts.

Attached: 9.png (1600x800, 643K)

Souls games aren't stupid hard though

The small minority of those that agree with your opinion
Vs
The vast majority who agree the Souls games are hard
>b-but they just suck
Ok. Keep smelling your own farts.

> It should be for everyone.
Which is why both difficult and easy games exist? It's not mutually exclusive. I love the Soulsborne stuff, but I don't think poorly of people who don't like them because they're too hard or whatever other reason. Of course people shouldn't be dicks just because someone doesn't like a game, but it goes both ways. Telling people they can't like games for difficulty is just as much dumping on someone and being a dick as telling someone to "git gud" or dumping on them for not being able to get into difficult games.

They're not even hard, they're just packed full of artificial difficulty to make it feel like a challenge.

Literally all they need to do to fix this shit is add in more checkpoints like every other rage game and they would be fine. Instead, you have to slog through all the trash mobs taking chip damage every single time you die and it's just insufferable.

Literally just turn on cheat engine like everyone who plays this won't admit to and you'll realize how simple it is once you're actually able to take the time to learn mob patterns, boss patters, and other placement.

Attached: 69493943_134940024439941_8580930699870076928_n.jpg (623x350, 17K)

Do you also advocate for horror games to be less scary for those who are little bitches?

That's an aesthetic you idiot. A theme.
Gameplay =/= Aesthetics/Theme
I'm pretty sure there are more people who have beaten Resident Evil than there are those who have beaten Dark Souls.

No, they don't strictly need to be like that.
But that's the flavour of fun they chose and since the games sell, they are good for what they try to be.

Attached: il_794xN.1585541672_coef.jpg (794x635, 33K)

>These games need an easy mode
They're not even that hard in the first place you shitter

But watching LPs is an acceptable and equally as good way to enjoy games in current year.

Attached: iStock_000000618052Medium.jpg (992x740, 66K)

where are your numbers showing the minority and majority?

First time on the internet I see

>Literally just turn on cheat engine like everyone who plays this won't admit to
what are you on about

> Artificial difficulty
That term is such horse shit. No one can agree on a definition and is basically used in place of "difficulty of any kind that I don't personally enjoy." You can just own the opinion that you don't like some ways difficulty is implemented. It's not like there's an objective correct difficulty for video games.

> Literally just turn on cheat engine like everyone who plays this won't admit to and you'll realize how simple it is once you're actually able to take the time to learn mob patterns, boss patters, and other placement.

I mean that's what everyone does, but minus the cheat engine part. They enjoy the stakes and having to learn all that stuff. For people like me adding checkpoints and all that would actively make the game worse. Not only mechanically but thematically.

>>>/youtube/

This is bait right? What's wrong with game devs catering to a niche or specific audience? Not EVERY game needs to appeal to everyone.
That's not even realistically achievable without making all games similar to Nintendo titles.
I didn't buy Sekiro because it doesn't look fun to me. I'm okay with a game not catering to my tastes. There's plenty of genres out there that I'm sure you and I don't like, but it's okay for them to exist.

must be since I'm used to people posting sources to their claims

The principle is the same. There is some quality to the game that is preventing certain people from enjoying it. If you are against "exclusionary difficulty", you should also be against "exclusionary atmosphere" if you want to appear cohesive.

polygon.com/2019/4/9/18303666/sekiro-meme-you-cheated-not-only-the-game
>HE DIDN'T BEAT THE GAME THE SAME WAY I DID

Attached: reeeee.gif (220x204, 37K)

>It shouldn't be an elite boys club. It should be for everyone.

I honestly don’t disagree with you but not every game can appeal to every gamer. Right now you’re talking about difficulty but someone could easily complain that Dark Souls isn’t a shooter.

>Most hard games are not popular. These games are popular. That means that a lot of people who would normally not play games would play them
This is the entire root of the problem, FROM's games are trendy because of how much people dickride them over their difficulty so more people wanted to chase the trend with Sekiro
The same thing is going to happen when Elden Ring comes out

Attached: ECQ3KTEUwAAGYa6.jpg (1200x872, 193K)

Keep smelling your own farts man. Because you know as well as I do that the people who have beaten these games is MUCH smaller than those who haven't.
>b-but muh numbers
Imagine being on the internet and being oblivious to the hundreds of posts of people complaining about the Souls games

I generally see more positive posts for the Souls games than negative

i really oughta try out Sekiro for myself one of these days. i don't know why it's not piquing my interest

The "difficulty' reinforces the tone. The game is about tension. A large part of that tension is created from the relative fragility of your character and how costly mistakes are (it's also created by other facets such us the lack of ambient music in most area,the aesthetic, the use of souls as currency etc)

So yes, the games do need to be "hard" an easier mode defeates the artist's expression and intentions. You're literally missing the point if you just want to beat the game without stress. You're supposed to feel stress

> people who have beaten these games is MUCH smaller than those who haven't.
Actually, if you look at achievement stats some of the From games have much higher completion percentages than most games (20%~ as opposed to something like 10%~ or less.) I'm not sure if that's even a good point though because a vast majority of people who play any given game don't finish it.

You dont have to enjoy every game. Not every piece of media needs to be enjoyed by everyone as much as hollywood seems to think so. It's okay to not enjoy something

Dont demand something changes to fit your tastes. It's not for you. Go partake in something that is

>Video games should be for everyone!
>The moment a game that appeals to a specific market you sperg out and try to change it.
There are hundreds of easy baby games for the likes of you.

Games are for everyone, but no one is going to like every game. I don't like sports games, but I'm not going to demand they become RPGs to appeal to me.

Dark Souls literally (literally) isn't hard, though. It's just one of the only AAA game series made in the last 10 years that demands the player pay attention to what is actually happening on the screen. Fuck, I'd love an actual challenging game, give me what casuals think Dark Souls is like, now that'd be fun.

Attached: mimic-large.jpg (600x674, 62K)

How do those farts smell?

It's called Sekiro

do you like every single video game genre? Do you demand that the genres you don't like change to something you like? Or do you just not play the games in that genre?

the game is fun

Can you respond to people's criticisms of your argument instead of obsessing over your fart fetish?

But they aren't even hard though.
I have no idea why Souls has this
>EBIN ELITE DIFFICULTY
Reputation. Why? They're mid-tier in terms of difficulty at their absolute hardest.

Sekiro, in a broader context, is easier than Dark Souls, it just required twitch reflexes which is the most normalfag way of making a game more difficult.

>for everyone
i don’t see any E for everyone rating in dark souls, faggit

casuals equate dying multiple times to difficulty

because most people play their games once on Normal, never touching higher difficulties, and Dark Souls' base difficulty is harder than most games' normal

I honestly consider puzzle games tougher because I’m a brainlet that can only use my reflexes in action games.

these games aren't that hard they just require most people to die a number of times before they get the hang of a couple of sections and some people can't handle dying to the same thing 10 times before they finally beat it

>"dark souls" 2
>for masochists

kek

Attached: 146-1555067775-550217256.jpg (1920x1080, 540K)

same. im struggling through baba is you

git gud

The games are too easy actually. I wish From would actually make a hard game.

You are speaking too broad.
Sekiro is an action-rpg. There are tons of action-rpgs that are easier than Sekiro, yet just as fun and interesting.
Using your logic, we should dumb down Sekiro because other games are easier and in the same genre.

Im not even that good at videogames and ive beaten almost all of them even DSP could handle them
Youre just a shitter find another hobby kys

Attached: 1567454816328.jpg (462x600, 98K)

what? No. The answer to "I don't like game" should always be "I won't play it," not "change it"

They aren't hard user

> capeshit meme
> under thought juvenile opinion
Yep, sounds about right.

Obsessed
Did yoy get raped in a comic-con when you were a child? lmao

These games are clunky boring shit for fat sperg lords.

Hardest game at wallmart

Honestly the fact that I beat it and others can't just makes it better. Inclusiveness sucks exclusivity makes something more desirable.

Imagine getting this triggered because someone offhandedly insulted your pop-culture based religion.

>I DID IT MOM
>I BEAT A VIDEO GAME
>congrats son. time to move out from my basement

>I'm a shitter with no arguments
Glad we cleared that up

Attached: 8q94S7hrfCDSOEj1VZlBmDOjQYLXBuFKAhtEfVx3eT4-550x438-1.jpg (550x308, 81K)

>needing the validation of others to be satisfied
not gonna make it

>durr game hard
>dude literally beats them naked without leveling or dying even once
>other dude beats them without taking a single point of damage

Attached: confused kot.png (353x332, 89K)

Why would I brag to my mom? I'd rather rub it in the face of the have nots.

Why would you have a hobby you were bad at? I'm average or above in pretty much everything I do.

>other dude beats it with a guitar hero controller

Dark souls isn't that hard, maybe instead of complaining online you should actually learn how to play the games first?

>Why would you have a hobby you were bad at?
being bad at something is the first step to being good at something

>other dude beats it with dk bangos
>literal disabled quadriplegic beats it and says its easy
>hard game

Attached: 6de26e60a6ca24723f0e68bce7ab611e5c2f68ee50091c5b63f066cdf9a5c957.jpg (417x321, 42K)

I’m at sen fortress in DS and still have no idea if I can shield parry every enemy move. And why do I crumple and flop when I roll?

Only Sekiro is hard

the games are really not that hard. you´re simply lacking one or more of theese on a basic level:
- hand eye coordination
- perception
- IQ 80+
- patience
- time

I´d love to see more of theese games and i welcome changes

You like casual games and there are also people who like challenging games, oh wow!

Ok, but if you were interested in getting good then you wouldn't whine online about lowering the difficulty. That's the opposite of getting good. It's wallowing in shit.

It's a bit of both.
The games aren't HARD, but you can't just win by facerolling spamming r1 and not dodging like the retards want it to be. It takes just a tiny bit of skill which they dont have

those people has more life than literally any Yea Forums poster

no you idiot if every game would be for everyone we´d have more of the humugenous shit. like you cannot stand every single person, or eat every single dish, you can´t play every single game

>shit controls
adapt
>extreme delay between controls
complain about the game, not your brain
>characters
the game was about wolf specifically, not your OC
>clunky movement
adapt

This. It's only hard if you have haven't been paying attention.
I see so many people get stuck at gargoyles when they haven't even upgraded their weapon

poorly made old platformers are not a good example of well done difficulty in video games, you should have posted ninja gaiden black

>that hard
They are pretty easy once you start to get into them.

> Haha I'll post a meme that's pointlessly mocking them directly and ignore the entire conversation that will show them!
Just admit to yourself you have no counter argument and leave. You can at least maintain some dignity that way.

>do horror movies need to be scary?
>does hot sauce need to be spicy?
>does OP need to be a faggot?

>The games aren't HARD
Yes, they are. If I parry, and then I respond by attacking you, and you don't stagger, and during my animation you get a giant sword sweep and one shot me, there's a problem there.
People say you need to have an IQ of whatever to play these games. I think instead there's a level of autism that you need to have in order to dedicate the amount of time necessary just to "git gud"
Imagine during the time it takes to "git gud" the amount of other games I could have played and beaten.

>do these games really need to be that hard?
They aren't. They just don't let you coast on being retarded.

I haven’t upgraded my weapon since the butterfly boss and holy shit it took fucking forever

i'd post one of the wojacks missing their brains to your post but im not a faggot and dont have one of those saved

Git gud

There is not a single enemy in the game that you can parry, have enough time to attack once, but die before your attack is over. You are clearly doing something wrong but don't have the awareness to identify it.

It's not being a masochist if the joy comes from overcoming the challenge is it?

based retard
kys faggot

I hate dark soul due to how fucking faggy my character moans when he gets stabbed.

> Git gud
git gud

Do not play these types of games, Casul. You will not understand them. You will question everything about them. That is because they are not for you, Casul. Do not attempt to ruin my thing, because of your lack of ability to perservere through its challenges.

>the game was about wolf specifically, not your OC
that has literally to do with what he was saying

Yes. Owl. Corrupted Monk. IsshinSS. These characters do NOT need to be this difficult.
They rape you mid animation. And they destroy your posture with one hit.
Again, the level of autism needed to put in the time and effort just to "git gud" is remarkable. You literally need to have zero life in order to play these games.
>and don't get me started on guardian ape
youtube.com/watch?v=mzXdFNjmBdE

Attached: 8a7.png (1534x1600, 1.51M)

>Enemies have big long exploitable wind ups that leave them open for punishment
>But because there isn't a block button that makes you immune to damage as long as you hold it its considered hard by shitters
How about you actually pay attention to the game and start giving a fuck about it? If you're not willing to do that then you never cared about its "deep and rich lore" or "visual appeal" in the first place.

One of his complaints was about characters and I addressed it. Unless you felt "extreme delay between controls-characters" was one item.

Yeah, Moonlight Butterfly is a snore fest for low dps builds.
There's a mage npc summon that makes it go quicker, I usually pick her up because the fight itself is boring.

it is one item, he's talking about input lag (probably)

also why would he hyphenate those two words if they were separate, it would literally defeat the purpose of the hyphen

>deep and rich lore
>visual appeal
>comparing it to gameplay
I didn't know that if I wasn't a warrior actually there fighting in Sengoku Japan that I can't study and appreciate the rich history of that lore and time period.
Fucking idiot.

He probably meant the delay between the pressing of the button and the actual mace hitting the enemy.
It's a retarded complaint because every enemy also has huge wind ups too

If they are killing you mid attack, then you are attacking at the wrong times, simple as that. In general, you only have the opportunity to attack only once, and that's only after parrying. Any other time will get you killed. If you attack during their danger/unblockable attacks, yeah you're going to get raped.

Posture doesn't matter unless you fail a parry. You can be at 99% posture but as long as you're parrying correctly, it'll never break.

Not every game is FOR everybody.
That's perfectly fine.
The why of it is rrelevant.

It doesnt take long to git gud unless you are just bad at vidya. Especially if you play with someone who is good. My best friend moved in with me last year.and on his first playthrough.he finished day 4 with us working 10 hour days between.playing. I helped him up until Pontiff then he had the day off.I didnt. When I got home he was.fighting Cinder. He doesnt even play action games pretty much only fps.

Demon's Souls was the only hard Soulslike game and it was only hard because it was ambiguous in a lot of ways and much of the combat was still new to most people playing.
I knew the series would become casualized normalfag dogshit the second Dark Souls started advertising it as "UGH THE HARDEST GAME EVER YOU'RE GOING TO DIE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER! REDDIT!"
Right around the time when being called a casual was the peak of insults, even worse than being called a triple nipple nigger. All the pantywaste faggots who have never played a game that requires a cultivation of skill to beat suddenly could claim they weren't sissy retard casuals overnight because they beat THE OFFICIAL hard game.

If DSP beat it, you have no fucking excuse for being even challenged by it a little.

Attached: 07-19-2019_0524PM_896_438.png (896x438, 717K)

What are you even talking about and how does it in any way relate to my point?

The game itself is just model Skinner box. How the fuck do people think it’s too hard to comprehend?

So I guess stagger means jack shit in video games according to your logic. Which I said should not be an issue.
Bosses have automatic priority over everything. It becomes very unfair.
If my attack animation goes first, I should have priority.
But no, not even.
Stagger just doesn't appear to exist apparently.

you don't know what a skinner box is

90% of modern games are reboots made into skinner-box style models, or heavily incorporate it in some way.
The goal of the destruction of "play" is to lower the overall standard of quality in people. Lower their competitive drive, lower their nature of finding fun in perfecting their flaws and doing better than others, and you have a society of slack muck.

lole

Your point is retarded, hence my response.
I don't need to play a video game to be like "damn that looks pretty cool"
I don't give a fuck about Dark Souls. But when I see some of the bosses I'm like "yeah those are some cool designs. Fuck the gameplay, but visually? Yeah it's dope"

I found that enemies posture bars have some keypoint where they stagger if reached, maybe divided in 1/4 or something
Anyway what a fag, i bet you are a greatsword r1 spammer.

You improve and then you stop dying
Just because you bought the game doesn't mean you're entitled to a win screen.

Not even that guy, but Sekiro has stupidly obtuse superarmor mechanics. Isshin in particular is only hard because some of his attacks will just randomly power through your combo.

You make it sound like video games are the end all be all of finding out the drive of a person.
Step outside for once in your life.

All forms of play and entertainment are greatly diminished in their quality comparative to even ten years ago.

Hyper/super armor shit always annoys me for some reason. It just never feels consistent.

They are punishing. If you proceed carefully and analyze the way enemies attack, those games are easy.

>entertainment
You're not even listening to what you're typing. Entertainment is supposed to be fun, stress free and enjoyable.
Your average person, from a long day of work and real life shit, doesn't want to come home and rage at the TV screen for 20 years because he can't beat a boss.
Again, step outside. Smell the flowers. It'll do you some good.

If bosses should stagger, you should be forced to restart the entire game. The whole point is to display just how "against the odds" these fights are in practice. Imagine if you had to fight a master swordsman who taught you everything you knew? Of course he's going to kick your ass. Giant fucking ape that's like 10 times your size? Yes, he SHOULD have an overwhelming advantage.

>combo
LOL, I JUST finished saying that you generally only get enough time for one attack and you go right back to combos. Go back to anime fighters or something.

>WAAH DARK SOULS IS HARD!!!

>someone completes the whole trilogy without a single death or even getting hit

youtube.com/watch?v=o-JMc7Ug9vs

>2 guys with guns
>one fires first
>OOOPS nope not how it works
>2nd guy just eats the bullet and kills you one shot
That's how these games are. Stagger should apply when I attack first.

>That looks cool
Is not
>I care about the lore
Dumb shitter
If one is truly interested in the lore around Souls then they will put in the effort.
If not then they didn't care enough.

wut

They're not even that hard, they just take time to learn.
I'd love to see all these faggots that complain about FROM's difficulty levels try playing a proper STG or Bemani game for once.

Good for you guy. I'm gonna keep enjoying the cool backstory of Dark Souls with the Lords of Cinder and all that, and not play the game because I'm not autistic enough to devote 100 hours into a game just to "git gud"

Honestly, it is so insulting how underrated Majora's Mask is...
That game was peak soul in the Zelda series.

Attached: pengu rage.jpg (125x93, 2K)

>Your average person, from a long day of work and real life shit, doesn't want to come home and rage at the TV screen for 20 years because he can't beat a boss.
Then Souls games aren't for him. He should play something else

Learn to reading comprehension

>muh low quality copy pasted blatantly obvious bait
>150 replies
the quality of the board drops really fast after 3pm. shouldn't you fucks be doing your homework?

imagine the smell...

>>you generally only get enough time for one attack
>just ignore the many enemy attacks that can be easily interrupted by an r1 combo until they parry in response
>only reinforcing the idea that enemies rely on random, uninterruptable Gotcha attacks for difficulty
Damn you're stupid

>bait
>telling people the obvious that dark souls is unnecessarily hard
Truth hurts huh?

>literal disabled person beats late game boss
>NOOOOO THIS GAME IS TOO HAARRRDDD
how does it feel to be worse at a hoppy than a disabled person?

hobby* why the fuck did i type hoppy

>player
Can heal to full several times over within 2 seconds
Can easily dodge any attack
Has a vast arsenel at his disposal
Is controlled by a human brain rather than a bunch of lines of code
>boss
Doesn't stagger much and has high hp
>WTF WHY DOES THE BOSS HAVE SUCH AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

because you're fucking retarded trying to make a stupid point
>being disabled
>literally the only good thing they are good at is video games
>next time try to dunk a basketball mr cripple

Dark Souls is easy though.
My original point was that people who actually try it properly will realise this.
You obviously haven't, and therefore don't actually care enough.

>caring this much about a typo
actually seething

The bosses and other large enemies don't stagger, or don't always stagger, so that you have to attack carefully and deliberately. Otherwise it could devolve into running up mashing attack and running away over and over again which is much less interesting than what those encounters currently are.

Most of the time smaller enemies or ones early on in the game do always stagger because they know how much easier and less threatening it makes them. It's From asking you to engage with the game and pay attention instead of just mashing a button to win.

>a cripple can do something I can't
>REEEEEEEEE WELL I CAN WALK
it is here you realize you don't have an argument

They need to at least integrate an easy mode

Attached: jim.png (2057x1060, 169K)

>Can heal to full several times over within 2 seconds
stopped right there. Sekiro bosses literally charge you mid heal and one shot you.
Nice try.

This
Abyss Watchers stagger like a motherfucker and as a result are a boring fight

>dark souls
>easy
Try to convince people outside of the elitist neckbeards of Yea Forums of that

You aren't physical equals to the big guy with the giant sword, you are to the literal fodder you slapped on the way there. They stagger, now you need to actually pay attention and react to the enemies attacks to not get fucked up like the small bitch that you are.
If you aren't thinking about the actions you and the enemy are using in an action game, then you aren't thinking. There's a reason no one with an IQ above 75 actually calls these games hard once they understand them, once you understand how to fight, the execution is relatively easy.

i'm over 18 so you're going to have to try a little harder than this, dude

Maybe if you're an ADHD faggot who never stopped for one second to find and grab prayer beads, but other than that nothing in the game should be one-shotting you

But they're already easy.
Maybe add
>Retard Mode
And
>Want to kill yourself mode

>But they're already easy
How's the neckbeard?

>buying a game you know you physically can't complete
>getting mad at the game
is calling him a retard too on the nose here?

Hey if you wanna keep dying to RNG stagger, go ahead. I'll be over here playing with certainties instead of chance.

How hilarious would it be if it wasn't bait and this person was actually just legitimately this stupid and unintelligible.

The proof is there user. Anybody who actually plays souls will confirm.
Why the fuck do you think SL1 runs are so popular within the community?
Honest question. Have you, yourself, sat down and tried to play Dark Souls, if so how did it go?

>relying on the enemies to do those interruptible attacks instead of safely reacting to and punishing their attacks
>mad when you get hit
Are you stupid?

Coming along strong.
There seems to be a correlation between the growth of my neckbeard and the growth of my epic gamer muscles.

Mega Man games aren't hard OP

apparently no-commentary LPs don't exist in this guy's universe

> RNG stagger
Stagger is entirely consistent and not random at all. You just have to pay attention to learn when they'll stagger if they don't in one hit or react better.

The difficulty is a core part of the experience in these games. Overcoming challenge is a core part of the experience. I like these games, but I suck at them and have yet to finish any because of it. Does that mean they should be easier to appease me? No, of course not. These games are simply not for me, which is fine. This retarded lefty idea of everything should be for everyone is just that, retarded. There are plenty of other games to play, let the core fanbase have their fun.

Oh, so since you know this stagger system so well, I imagine you've played through the game without issue or complaints of being too hard? I'm not sure if my opinion got lost in the reply chain, but I'm on the side of Sekiro not being retardedly hard.

it wouldn't be hilarious at all, it'd be frustrating and a little sad.

Have I tried to play Dark Souls? Yes. I hated it.
>got to Taurus Demon
>lol fuck this I'm gonna play something else
>DURR GET GOOD
>go outside you neckbeard
These are how these arguments play out. I'm not really impressed that you managed to beat X boss.
Good for you. I bet there's stuff that I have done that you haven't.

Sekiro makes it even easier than the other games by giving you a fucking stagger bar

They already have easy mode, it's in the screencap too. It's called summoning.

This mentality is what breeds elitism and why everyone hates Souls players.

The other user was talking about hitstun, not filling the enemy's posture bar (which is the intended way)

Don't be that way.
What were you actually doing? How were you fighting it? What did you level?

>>lol fuck this I'm gonna play something else
that's not what you're saying in this thread, though

"hard" is a meaningless word
>DS2 = badly designed bullshit
>BB = miyazaki trolling
>DS3, Sekiro = tough, but fair. easy once you figure out how to play
>DS = a combination of all of the above

>the average person, from a long day of work and real life, doesn't want to come home and lose to some basketball with his best friend
This use to be the norm 20 years ago. Now instead it's
>average person wants to come home and then not think for 5 hours then sleep

Attached: 1567540888161.jpg (3270x2006, 593K)

hitstun on bosses in Souls games essentially works the same way, only you can't see their poise bars and you don't HAVE to stagger them to kill them

I can only go back and try it again to tell you. I honestly stopped giving a fuck.
In this thread, what I'm saying, is that these games don't have to be this hard. They don't.
There are other games that are challenging, yet it seems Souls games breed the worst kind of elitists.
I like Sekiro much more than Dark Souls, and yet Sekiro is just as bullshit.

>>BB = miyazaki trolling
explain further

If you ever do, you can repeatedly plunge the Taurus Demon for an easy kill.

lmao if the games too hard for you don't play it, what's so hard to understand about this concept.
it's like complaining about the existence of strategy games because you don't like to think, just play something else

environments too dark to navigate, half the game is missable and hidden in right angle corners, bosses are hard only because the camera won't let you see them, level design has bullshit DS1-style traps and unfair situations that can be bypassed if you just run throught them, you can overlevel and make the entire game piss-easy
it's miyazaki going full autist with his design style.

Also, a point
Sekiro has AMAZING lore and story.
But the gameplay puts me off to actually wanting to complete it.
I already know all of the endings because I looked up the story. It was too good to just say
>fuck it im gonna drop EVERYTHING

this isn't dark souls

You don't have to play the games, fuck off.

>camera won't let you see them
Don't get me started on how wonky the camera for Sekiro is...

they don't HAVE to be, but the devs wanted them to be, so they are. How players react to the games have nothing to do with how the games "should" be. If you don't like their difficulty, don't play them. Who cares what other people think?

>everygame should be generic soulless mush that is designed to please everyone
nah thanks, i like variety in my medium

But you don't have to play the games.

Literally git gud. You're using a faggot coping mechanism where instead of admitting you're shit, the game MUST be impossibly difficult and unfair and all this other cringe shit.

That's how you alienate players and breed autistic elitism

Sekiro's camera is perfect on bosses. It always adjusts so you can see the entire boss regardless of how large it is.

I never had a problem with the lighting, and I wouldn't say half the game is missable, just some of it. And honestly I like games that reward exploration in such a big way such that large chunks of the game are entirely missable.

The rest of your criticisms are valid.

My first time playing Dark Souls was amazing.
>Beat Asylum Demon in one try, standard.
>Die a few times to Taurus Demon
>Reach Gargoyles, die a few times to the first one.
>This is doable.jpeg
>Second one shows up
>Oh fuck
>Get raped 20+ times
>Eventually get so good that I can down a gargoyle really quickly
>Second gargoyle goes down easy after that
>Epic win.png
>Go on to most of the games bosses on my first try

From has yet to alienate a significant number of players after six games, or if they have, they don't particularly care.

Breeding autistic elitism is present in any game that requires any sort of skill to play, look at fighting games or action games with ranking systems, and isn't something that can be avoided without fundamentally changing how the game works.

It's because it is so terrible to play only masochists would do it. Not that it's hard.

That's also how you get a wide variety of games so that everyone has a game to play. Imagine if someone took your favorite video game and said "it all needs to change because I don't like it."

This. In BB you only see random zoomed in fur and claws and have to sort of guess what move the boss is using.

Without difficulty the combat is actually pretty bad. It only works because each hit matters a lot for both parties.

Is TP soulless tho?

Except for Demon of Hatred

yes

He's fine. If you're close you can see his legs when he stomps you and the rest of the time he's jumping away from you and you can see his entire body telegraphing.

S&S tried way too hard to be "souls" and fucked up imo. I would suggest hollow knight as an alternative.

It boils down to mad cuz bad. Just ignore the soulsfags and let them play their games. They're only obnoxious because they don't like shitters whining about how the game didn't respect their feelings.

Anybody ITT played The Surge?
How is it?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There are like 4 Soulslike games being released this month

Which are?

Unless you are against a wall, then it zooms on you instead 9f making the wall transparent

>Sekiro's camera is perfect on bosses
lolk

I just like hard games, OP. Just like you like sucking cock.

I mean you said you like things hard, so maybe the one who likes sucking cock isn't OP...

>what is spacing

>what is boss literally lunges at you
Stop trying

An even more autistic version of dark souls with jank hitboxes

No boss in the game can cover the distance of 10 meter in the half a second it takes to chug. If you're talking about stuff like genichiro and emma's antichug thrusts, GET OUT OF THE FUCKING RANGE BEFORE CHUGGING and stop complaining.

>No boss in the game can cover the distance of 10 meter in the half a second it takes to chug
Literally Owl and Corrupted Monk

>be fighting monk
>health low
>create some space, chug
>spam LB while at it
>get a free deflection
???
Don't remember the owl one, but I'm sure it's doable too.

Guy, when you try to create space, she either retard swings at you, or phase 3 throws up on you
>terror build up
>dead
It's literally retarded. Whoever likes these games has WAY too much free time on their hands.

Sprinting back after deflecting any of her combos gets you out of her melee range. If you then stop to chug, she'll do a high jump and land just in time for you to deflect again.

I've been petitioning to make guitar playing easier for years now so I don't need to practice. Someday I'll succeed.

Sekiro was the only one that was annoyingly difficult to me. Also, Orphan in Bloodborne was on a whole other level than anything else they had done up until that point.

how did this terrible fucking how did this terrible fucking bait thread get 250 replies

>1st wave of fans likes them because they're punishing to a degree but you can still fuck around with loads of gimmicky builds once you get used to them
>2nd wave of fans likes them because PREPARE TO DIE and beating them makes you an official elite hardcore gamer
>3rd wave of fans likes them after watching lets plays of them because these games are too hard for mortal men
And now we get fags who play every crappy Souls inspired indie game and claim to love the "Souls genre" but have never touched the actual series. Meanwhile Miyazaki is on record saying he doesn't consider these games difficult and said he never set out to make a difficult game. I die inside whenever I see reviews of a game that call it "the Dark Souls of ___" and then describe mechanics like how enemy health doesn't reset after dying. They aren't hard games; they just require you to play them moderately seriously instead of running through the levels and hoping shit works itself out.

You don't have to play the games

Bloodborne is pretty hard at points. Orphan and logarius are pretty bullshit

Other than that, every single dark souls game you can just grind through

Didn't Miyazaki once say that he made demon souls in a way to challenge even the most experienced of gamers? So yes, they need to be that hard.

It's always funny when shitters deflect to "ddduuuuhhhh, im an actual adult unlike you basement dwellers," because they can't admit they're bad at something.