Factorio

Daily Factorio thread

Attached: Dy5GR_QX0AEFJoJ.jpg (1920x1080, 803K)

Have they upped the resolution on the rest of the sprites yet?

Attached: trains.png (1216x650, 2.01M)

they updated the chests recently, but I think that's it

Attached: factorio.png (822x464, 922K)

Have you done some kind of challange runs? How do you keep things fresh without mods?

im working on a 3500 science / min mega base (i have about 800 hours played) currently, and im having fun desu

last bump, anons

I tried to do a square spiral world. I gave up when I realized that on this specific map there's no oil.

>no oil
damn, that sucks. Doesn't the map preview show that? Or do you have to turn that on

I googled "factorio spiral map" and downloaded a save file with said map, so there was no way for me to generate the terrain. Next time I'll download that one terrain gen mod.

why?

How distant should two points be for you to start considering trains instead of belts. Haven't used trains in my whole run and I kinda don't want to start now

i had almost no oil on my default map until my mvp payed off. i was looking everywhere for oil and at the edge ogf the map i decided to randomly place a radar with solar panel.

Attached: mvp downsize.png (960x1452, 1.76M)

i started looking at the map again to see if there was anything besides the other 4 patch. since i really didnt want my oil to run out so soon again.
i was really happy my 6 hour earlier random radar found something. then after i added radars to my base it turned out he REALLY FOUND SOMETHING.

Attached: holy oil load.png (960x536, 116K)

stable when

i can *almost* automate outpost building using trains
its also useful to make big solar arrays

dont think too much about it, user, just start using it
trains are comfy as fuck desu

Attached: traintorio.png (1131x730, 1.84M)

Current marathon spaghetti. Just unlocked blue science

Attached: 20190831221958_1.jpg (1920x1080, 480K)

Attached: 20190831221944_1.jpg (1920x1080, 917K)

Attached: look simba.jpg (1224x1250, 328K)

Attached: 20190831222100_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

One day I'll start using concrete to make roads around my factory.

Now that's something I haven't seen before. Nice

yeah i was cruising around for an hour in my car touring the map until i found the measly few oil patches to the west and settled for that. then when i had to go to the next measly oil patch my run was saved.
i mean for fuck sake it was just a default map with normal oil stats. look how far i needed to go.

H-how ?

Yeah, right. Right after the day you fix those spaghetti powerlines.

They don't bother me that much. Right now I need to fix my rail signals (or get some chunk aligned blueprints) and then rebuild my whole factory because my green circuit production doesn't do it anymore and I don't have any space to resupply my bus.