Astral Chain

WHERE'S THE HOODY! EDITION

Case 2: There's a heavy chest plate in the Astral plain in a side area.

Case 3: hidden holo-mask salesman behind a holographic wall in the alley you start in. Skull and Hermit holo-masks.

Case 4: After acquiring the Arm legion, move back to the staircase and chain jump across to a gate that can be lifted. Goggles.

Case 5: At the Aegis Institute you can find an eyepatch in one of the medical rooms.(sorry, forgot the exact one.)

Case 6: A cardboard box hat is under a staircase in the area you are tracking Douglas with the Beast Legion.

Case 7: cat holo-mask on the pipes in the area where you have to save one of
the police men from falling. headset down the tunnel where the homunculus attacks (the area where you gotta walk the officer to be airlifted out) the civilian mask is found in the blue case to hunt down the elemental, same area as the airlifted man, inspect the red gash in the groundto start it and find ot in the astral plane it leads you to. to get the officers mask, head tpo the car park that houses the elevator that leads to the homunculus boss fight, don't go up the elevator but instead search around until you find a garage door that the arm legion can lift, past this is a boss fight that after won you can use your axe legion to break through a barrier to the helmet.

Case 8: help Billy (the guy with the sunglasses) take down a terrorist plot and earn a pair of sunglasses of your own.

misc: the skin tight body suit the suit your sis wears while in her coma is unlocked by giving the toilet fairy all 12 toilet papers from visiting all the toilets in the game.
the casual outfit is yours for keeps at the start of chapter 10
the Lappy suit is acquired from collecting all special Lappy items, 6 in all.

Attached: 1567473161350.png (592x445, 637K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PiudFbVf704
youtube.com/watch?v=kt1bYAJwTc0&t=515s
twitter.com/fh3ten/status/1168907164200689665
youtu.be/m9B0-HFkpT4
imgur.com/a/vL4edct
youtube.com/watch?v=8VR_yv-l6_k
news.yahoo.com/astral-chain-review-tedious-button-143200811.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how the FUCK do you do the 3rd car puzzle

Good shit user, thanks.

You go and look up the answer online like I did, that shit is tough. Fuck gimme a sec I'll just link it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PiudFbVf704

Starts at 29:27

....bump...

It’s not that bad. Your goal should be to push the bus up and out of the way.

How is she so perfect?

Attached: 1567534850871.jpg (372x393, 49K)

>tfw did the third car puzzle in 15 minutes with no online help and only my own pure brain power
Feels good.
Also, good thread. Just finished the game so I'm finna boutta go and get the chestplate and the holo mask

Any other Collectors Editions chads? Just finished the game and started looking through the artbook. There's tons of really funny stuff in here. There's a whole page with dozens of Chibi Marie reaction faces

1. Is there a new game plus?

2. How the FUCK to I beat Jin as Lappy?

3. How many files are there?

GOTY? GOTY

Attached: AS.png (670x319, 73K)

There are 11 along with the customary japanese secret ending 12 file. I have no idea how to get it yet.

I was cocky as shit on 1 and 2, but then that third one was hard as FUCK I tried for an hour to get it.

just remember that the little cars are the ones you have the most leeway with. you should be shifting them around to make space for the big ones.

>15 minutes
maybe I'm just smarter than I realise but it took me 5 without help

>case 2
>chestplate

STOP GIVING FALSE INFORMATION, FUCKO.
IT IS NOT ON FILE 2, IT IS ON 3.

Sorry user, I update it as I get info. It'll be fixed by the next post.

TY.
I'm sorry for being a dick, user.

>file 8 is an entire chapter of "that" part
what in the holy nigger fuck were they thinking

Attached: rac.jpg (625x625, 82K)

Just had to get it out of the way all at once

you look at it long enough to realize that all the horizontal cars have to go right so the bus can only go left.
Then you go fucking crazy because you keep building yourself in.
i went crazy cause i tried to get it in 35 moves or less. In the end i didn't get that bonus but was still fast enough to get S+.

>keep playing past chapter 2 bro the game totally changes it's not clunky or mashy or unpolished at all!
>get to where your full combo unlocks and you get slash/jump/sync
>camera is still fucked, dodging is still trash, characters are still boring, chain jumps randomly drift or smack into crystals, combat is still mashy
You people motherfucking lied to me

>I-I can't dodge out of everything brainlessly this game is shit

Attached: 1567213741023.jpg (592x443, 38K)

Any advice for a newfag playing this? Attacking feels fucking weird with them as bumpers.

Sorry you're not having a good time. I don't know what secret ingredient is missing from your experience that the rest of us are getting, but a vast majority of people playing the game enjoy it.
Try getting creative with chain-jump attacks and quick-switching Legions to fire off multiple skills in a row.

Attached: 1565662572613.png (401x402, 226K)

Sounds like unchained mode is up your alley.

>The fucking Ice Cream

Attached: 1528368222330.jpg (364x410, 82K)

You'll get used to that after an hour or two.
Don't forget to dodge between attacks if you expect an enemy to try and hit you while you're using the baton. Pretty useful.
Spicy Cobra is probably the best bang-for-your-buck energy drink.
Grenades fuck up the gorilla dudes super hard. Worth buying 2 or 3 at the start of the file.

Am I retarded? It took me 15 minutes to sovle the first one and got a D, then solved the other two in 3 minutes and got an S+.

Attached: kyoko.png (509x520, 254K)

I was under the assumption that I would be using the Persona to attack. Is that not the case or is that later?

Oh I can, I just have to use perfect call instead because it actually has fucking i-frames

>you're just bad!
Getting S+ easy, it's just boring as fuck to do nothing but perfect calls, perfect jumps, and mash into sync

>I don't know what secret ingredient is missing
Combat depth and responsive controls, things I never thought would be missing from a Platinum game

Attached: DMC-5-Mega-Man.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

I just gave up on that. How do you even do that with all the scoops? Use a legion or what?

>that guy on the stairs
FUCK YOU AAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1484938603044.jpg (400x415, 35K)

>mash into sync
You're in early game. Sync is dangerous later on.

Why are you relying on dodge
you should be using pause-combo or chain jump

I liked it. What was wrong with it?

Oh yeah, and holy shit was that Arrow Nemesis fight tedious. Boy I sure do love enemies that just fucking disappear instead of fighting back so I can do some half-assed puzzle platforming before I go back to mashing the shit out if R2

>cute butts and ZR all over the place
yes Yes YES I KNOW WHY I HAVE THIS BONER

Attached: 12335143.jpg (467x318, 78K)

Rate this super boss
>youtube.com/watch?v=kt1bYAJwTc0&t=515s

>the game is too shallow with too few options in combat
>don't worry, viable options shrink later on!

>why are you relying on dodge
I'm not because it's worthless. Perfect call is the only real defensive option so far

Max's replacement, Jin, is a lucky guy

Your baton attacks recharge the Legion's limiter, keeping it out longer. And every bit of damage helps.

>don't worry, viable options shrink later on!
It's called strategy you triggered tranny

>No refunds
Fuck that and fuck them kids

>DMCVfag
Figures you can only enjoy one type of gameplay that's just as lacking in depth and responsiveness.

>Female Akira
>Blood Type A
>Height 169.3 (66.7 inches)
>Weight 49.2 KG (108.5 lbs)
>Size 80/62/79

Excuse me, but what the FUCK? Her ass is in full display, but apparently her chest is bigger?

>Male Akira
>Blood type A
>Height 171.4 cm (67.5 inches)
>Weight 63.8 KG (140.7 lbs)
>Size 87/71/79

He could wear his sister's spats.

>Case 6
Is stealth optional for this mission?

Attached: 76486168.gif (670x670, 1.47M)

it's fucking terrible

Yeah, you can just unga through the cops if you want

I sprinted past the guards.

Fucking kill them

You went full retard
Never go full retard

>p-p-pwese don't criticize my super duper amazing hack and slash game!!1! its falwless!

Pathetic.

So, how do you get the Lappy items? I have 5 so far I think. Do you get one from beating Jin?

Also why the fuck did they make the MC look like a mouthbreathing retard by refusing to make them speak and only giving them grunts, and then give them a mcfucking MONOLOGUE at the start of chapter 12? What the fuck Platinum?

The whole direction was strange. I just hope they ditch the silent thing in the sequel since some of the last chapter stuff would have been far more impactful if the MC was a speaking character.
Axe Legion acting like their dad was still pretty good though.

As much as I despise the first phase of the final boss, I feel like the fight is the perfect metaphor for Astral Chain as a whole
>Noah
Why
>Noah Core
Interesting but this just can’t be it
>Noah Prime
Yeah, now we’re getting to the good shit
>Final Noah Prime
OH SHIT

>literally incapable of defending the game
I love the shit out of Platinum but this one is fucking bad.
Automata didn't save P*, it was the final nail in the coffin.

Attached: nuczjh8mxnk01.jpg (490x425, 37K)

>he doesn't know how to get file 12
user are you actually fucking retarded?

Stop dodging and learn how to Perfect Call into Sync.
It's powerful as fuck. Also, get the Parry ability skill and put it on the Legion you use the most and you don't have to dodge anymore, you can do parry instead.

There's actually a ton of defensive options
Perfect call is the obvious one, but perfect dodge is helpful as well, and chain jump is helpful as well, particularly if you're swamped
There's also a parry upgrade

Posr Marie's fat tits

I can't fucking balance ice cream or boxes.

Attached: 2019090220171800-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

>No lore explanation for super boss 0/10

The post-game in this game is pretty great.

Learn to read

>see a random dog barking at nothing
>can't interact with it
>try calling out my beast legion to see if it'll do anything with the dog
>a gate and a dig spot with a premium code appears
>mfw

Attached: solbaddude.png (1774x861, 1.47M)

Usually I’d agree with you, but I feel we know as much about it as we need to know about any other Chimera
>This fucker’s really tough, kill it before it wrecks shit

You don't love anything.

Blocked.

God she's thick isn't she

>twitter.com/fh3ten/status/1168907164200689665
Is this NTR?

Learn to play

POST CUTE GIRLS AND ART RIGHT NOW

You can change between 4 keybinding options

>the file 12 bonus missions that are just herds of close combat chimera with their own super armor projection chimera
>especially the ones that use a combination of aerial, grounded, and burrowing projectors in the same herd
>if you don't stop all of them from projecting at the same time, you'll always have one chimera near you that causes your attacks to clang off them
>by the time you eliminate 1 projector, the others already have their armor back up and you have to do it again
>camera which was tolerable is now a pain as you can't lock on to the projector you need to eliminate before it activates again

Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea. Maybe for one bonus level, but I've already done three in the initial batch of bonus levels.

Attached: 1551319897424.png (357x371, 130K)

probably needed time to understand how the puzzle worked and then once you had practiced a little you found it easy afterwards, smart boy!

how do you get on the roofs in chapter 8 after you go up the elevator

do i just sell my recyclables?

Well i'm still on 11, so I don't want to look it up just yet.

All good. All my information comes from other anons here (whenever ONE of them decides to throw me a bone and tell me a new one I havn't found yet that is), I couldn't check the plate armor because I already got it and another user had mentioned it being in that level, so it was wrong of me to have just taken it at face value like that.

Yes.
Recyclables, outside of the cans, are just for money.

Reminder that the twink in the garage could bench press the brother one handed.

I believe you get one from beating Jin, yes.

>never ever goes into melee range
>spams unchained legions stuns, and shield skills
>relies extremely heavily on beast legion autododge to avoid everything
Is this cheese or is this just the only way to play effectively at high difficulty levels? Fighting against normal Noah Prime on standard with lots of revives made me suspect that it just isn't practical to try to take on that boss (or its derivatives) in close quarters if you haven't got an arbitrarily large health pool to soak all the damage up. This makes me think that even more.

Sooo, anyone know where the hoody is....

You can change controls to have dodge on bumpers and attack on face buttons.

just reach file 10 and you get it automatically

I mean I'm glad they finally addressed that but now they gotta remove the 10 scores that were given to counter the bombing.
And do the same with the SMT games.

>headset down the tunnel where the homunculus attacks
Do you mean Olive's earpiece? That's at the end of the second stealth section of file 6.

I think Olive's earring is somewhere in the subway section of file 5.

Case 4: Holo-mask salesman hiding in a hologram wall in Harmony Square, that leads to their shop. Hermit faceguard and Vendor-0 faceguard.

The amount of secret bosses in almost every level makes my dick rock hard

I think it's actually solid that the game doesn't have an insta-escape option
It means that if you think you're getting swamped, you plan ahead and throw your legion out and away so you can chain jump out of there

wait, Leo Luster is in Astro Chain

Seriously, they're everywhere. I usually don't like how Platinum hides a bunch of encounters that you have to look for but it's fun here and many of them are unique bosses rather than just another stock encounter.

Are the last nodes for each Legion just generic techniques like Sync Keep instead of unique attacks? What an absolute waste of premium materials.

can we get a list of them? I found one in file 3 I think?

The civilian clothes suck, they shrink FeMC's ass.

Just jump and ignore the walls. I never used slash and did the fight in under 2 min.

Attached: 5730172.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

Because she wanted to give you and Akira a few more siblings

What am I missing in File 08? I want to move on from helping out because I dont see anything else on the map but Akira tells me there's more shit to do
I already did the ghost story and passed Lappy's quiz

ooooohhhh, it was a gender exclusive one....damn it, the male jacket sucks.

>2. How the FUCK to I beat Jin as Lappy?
I dont think you're supposed to beat him, just dodge and get some slaps in until his motivation caps out

MY MAN!

>camera zooms on her
>tits start bouncing

Attached: my dick.png (763x509, 802K)

>the female struggle and hurt noises

Attached: bonermage.png (217x168, 5K)

>Iris can now display blood type
Why do japs care so much about blood type?

because for they, blood type is like zodiac sign here.

It's there version of our horo-scope. I dunno ther me was apparently some jap medical write up that linked blood to personality type or something, anyway it's bs but the idea stayed regardless of if it was true or not.

>I can put tights on my waifu
It's like they're living in my mind.

>that douchebag that runs down the stairs on the ice cream mission

Attached: 1524079755021.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

No, they're usually more unique
Like Arrow Legion's C6 is a time-slow arrow that locks all enemies hit by it into a stasis bubble, and I think it's the only Legion that gets that ability in general.

Case 7: Square Glasses B can be found after meeting Akira under a staircase with 2 volatile containers.

Doesn't Arrow's delay sync attack also produce a status bubble?

Someone explain. Someone explain right now.

Attached: 1005929583.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>he's never met a toilet faerie
Oh no no no...

It's the toilet fairy.
Give her any form of paper or similar product possible so she can create a magic talisman to break the curse that binds ehr to the toilet.

>fairy in the mens bathroom
What's there to explain? He's the effeminate fag looking to glory hole some officer cock

So it's like Unite Bomb?

Are you able to jump in and out of levels freely without losing progress?

Playing an old chapter resets your current chapter progress unless you're in endgame/chapter 12. But you can hop back to the start of the latest chapter you're on at any time from an old chapter.

Wait.. wait wait.
MARIE IS LAPPY?
WHAT IS THIS

>I ignore walls and just jump
>wall spawns in front of me mid-jump and makes me fall off the map

Attached: 2265763.png (640x720, 734K)

>kamiya btfo non idorts
Based

Lappy is a man, my dude

W H A T

DELETE THIS
FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE. I CAN'T THINK OF LAPPY AS A DOG ANYMORE REEEEEEEEEEE

file 8.plaza parking the shutter where you can crouch has a huge destroy graffit tag on it. upper left is a skull mask on the wall.

just found this a little while ago as well, you know where the bathroom is in 08?

Does anyone know if this game penalizes you for healing?
Bayonetta penalized you HARD for even using items.

Nope. Game even ENCOURAGES you to use items by making most if not all items from chests count for that file only. The game doesn't penalize for taking damage either.

dont think theres a penalty but there is a bonus for not using items at all, healing included

Sweet, so basically I just gotta be fast and efficient.

The game is very lenient on item and even revive usage. The thing is, there's no way to *los* rank points, only gain them, and S+ ranks are just reliant on getting above a certain threshold. (Mostly 10k points but contrary to popular belief it depends on the encounter. Some are higher and some are lower.)

Having said that, probably the two biggest sources of rank are not taking damage (instant 5k points) and time bonuses, which decrease really fast as fights drag on. There are even bonuses that are really "penalties", like missing a lot of attacks gets you the pity bonus "Sloppy Striker" for 100 points. If you're using a lot of items you're probably not getting the no damage bonus. So there's no direct penalty, but you're encouraged to play so that you don't need items anyways.

Yep. Make sure you're doing those sync attacks and finishers, user.

Literally how did people beat this in 15 hours?

na. ide love to know. i havent found any bathrooms since file 5

>unlock perfect call
>have a hard time blocking anything against a random chimera

Guess I'll have to grind the training room or something.

Probably by skipping the side content and just doing the main story

Attached: akane.png (870x810, 1.68M)

I have gotten S+ ranks on fights where I have had to use a lot of healing items

So if they change the threshold from 10k to say like 13k, would people be more encouraged to avoid damage

Attached: 299492991.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

It's to the left of the Larger Burger shop btw.

I did it on my own after sliding shit uselessly around for an hour.
Hint: The two small cars will need to be vertically aligned for everything to fit
At least you can retry as many times as you like

I bet one of the reasons this game's rank system is a lot less strict than previous platinum titles is that this one has a lot of information overload. Enemies can hit you from offscreen in sync attacks, there are bright effects from both you and your legion plus numbers out the ass all over the screen, etc. Doing no damage runs is probably a lot more of a gamble than in a Bayonetta

I know the feeling. It's an issue I have with countering in a lot of games in general. I can get used to the timing, but during the stress of actual battles, I just can't get it right. I just get way too twitchy and impatient.

I have a pretty hard time reading the enemy attacks a lot of the time, I know there's supposed to be a tell like in automata but it isn't anywhere near as noticeable to me. Not that I'm good at timing shit in general.

Does anyone know if you can turn off the hair color change when your persona is out or can you not do that?

I NEED MONEY! So anyone know a quick way to get loaded?

The red flash is pretty clear, but the exact timing is very different from enemy to enemy. Compared to Automata, the timing is more precise and not as easily spamable, so to say.

I got a legion color set with editable colors but is there a set with actual orange?

Are you selling the vendor trash?
The only thing you shouldn't be selling is the cat food.

>Lappy dissapears
>Marie says she needs to talk
COINCIDENCE?

Lappy is her Furlegion

GAME SPOILED

Attached: 2019083014394600-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

SPOILERS
MODS MODS MODS!

Hold on, in Case 8 when you get released Lappy is already at the elevator. But when you get up to the rooftop Marie is there waiting for you.

nice fucking spoilers fag FUCK

WHAT ARE THESE THINGS

Attached: lookashiny.jpg (680x383, 18K)

Shoot it with Arrow Legion.

I wish I could remember. It took me 1.5 hours to solve the first time, and I'm gonna have to do it again on Ultimate

Probably, yeah, because the 5k no damage bonus would be that much more valuable. Honestly, I don't think the rank system is perfect, but it's refreshing to play a ranked action game that doesn't feel like it demands perfection and a very particular playstyle to achieve good results.

Bayo also values not taking damage but you can finish a battle in 20 seconds with no damage in that game and still get a gold bc you killed everything with one weave and no dodge offset, killing your combo bonus.

In Chapter 3 - Missing: Go to the hidden hermit shop (behind a holographic wall about 2/3 of the way down the alley leading to the malfunctioning robot arm) and open the chest. The first time it'll be a rare code or something but after that it'll be a leaky battery that can sell for 10k a pop.

Reload chapter until you have as much money as you want

Slow down

Yes
Most of the extra powerful abilities are more powerful versions of sync attacks
For instance, the fact that the Arrow Rain for Arrow Legion follows the line made by your astral chain, you juggle enemies by using it right before you complete a loop around them.

You typhoon nig, you have no hopes of clearing 4-6 if you can’t even figure out 3 in under 5 minutes.

found Square Glasses B:
File 07
under the stairs to the left area after fighting off the horde of flying chimeras

>Case 3: hidden holo-mask salesman behind a holographic wall in the alley you start in. Skull and Hermit holo-masks.
Where in the alley? Hugging every wall I can find and not finding anything.

Should I play English or Japanese language Anons?

Thanks OP.
I just started Chapter 5, Can you unlock more outfits through just playing the story?
Besides what OP is providing are there any other outfits or know of any websites right now that have all of the outfits cataloged?

Man I suck at finding secrets.

Attached: 69640658_10157495754024817_1264778494697537536_n.jpg (960x540, 139K)

Kill yourself mode.

Played to the beginning of file 3, didn't play the game for like two days and now I'm into it. I really need to increase the difficulty though, I figured I would start off with casual to get into it but everything dies instantly.

user you didn't visit the training room after getting the upgrade for the X-Baton.
If it helps, you can sometimes find red cases by using Iris.

Always Japanese. The english dubs are always bad.

Test: gamer

You're right at that, but I still somehow missed three fights before the boss.

>I really need to increase the difficulty though, I figured I would start off with casual to get into it but everything dies instantly.
Same, I just bumped it up to standard
I was losing more health from failed chain jumps than combat, so I decided it was time to man up

Happened to me as well, it made me disproportionally angry at those jumps.

oh my god
FUCK

Attached: 1562192807048.jpg (770x434, 57K)

Do you unlock any other weapons besides the heavy sword?

Pretty sure one of them is locked behind a Legion you wouldn't have at that point, it looks like you didn't do two of the Astral Planes.
Am I right in assuming you didn't climb that ladders in the courtyard and go right, or leave the courtyard and go right again?
I'm talking about the area you go after visiting the crime scene.
Also if you kick the football to where the kids are playing its a hidden blue case.

Unfortunately no but three weapon forms is enough because you have a lot of variation with the Legions and their link attacks.
Also the Gladius hits like a freight train.
Does feel like we're missing a big gun form though.

Gun, Baton, and Sword create a good trinity.
It helps that all 5 legions have different combos with each one of those three weapons.

Yeah i was hoping at least there would be something like a gantling gun or another melee weapon.
Cain't wait to unlock gladius though.
Btw i know that any ideas they get for DLC they are going to use in the sequel games.
I'm sure they just had to see what sales were like first.

> jaywalk lose points
I'm a cop I should be allowed to.

I can't seem to trigger the second picture for the ghost story. Where do I stand? I'm over with the bunch of officers behind the collapsed overpass. Is that the right spot?

You have to beat him for one of the Lappy suit pieces

>I'm a cop, I shouldn't respect the law.

Anyone have the full outfit and accessories showcase yet or is it still too early?

HERE HE COMES
BANANA
SLAMMA
KONGO BONGOS HEROOOOOOO

It's kinda hard to tell which approach is better because while not needing a no damage run means you can be even more aggressive than usual, it also means that the player won't be encouraged to learn the enemy patterns and what they're capable of.
Besides, while pulling some smoking sick stylish combos looks impressive as all hell, so does pulling off a tight parry or a tight dodge, so it's really difficult to say which approach works better for games like these.

Now that I'm taking a look at the files in the PC, the game tells you in which part of the file you missed objectives and I think you can replay them again and keep the best results?

>do as I say, not as I do
Terrible role model

Shit man, i'm sorry but I don't know how to be more descriptive, it's one of the garage doors, the area you start in, make your way to the broken robot arm and keep following the alley past that, you'll get it eventually.

I argue the former.
A character action game should be enrooted in the concept of being proactive, not reactive.
It should be about using the tools you have to keep enemies controlled via your attacks as well as you can, more than waiting around to get a specific dodge or parry to set the enemy into a "fuck me" mode, which is very much so what Bayo2 felt like it was built around.

first floor you'll see a few street signs hanging off buildings looking almost like a chinatown or something
should say bar district when you line up with them in photo

So far there's nothing online other than what i've posted. There's the Ark uniform, the ARI medical uniform, the Raven outfit, the Lappy costume, and the civies outfit.

>suddenly chain jumping and sync attacks

fuck this shit is making my brain tickle i love it

Attached: 1521582924386.jpg (1014x720, 127K)

Ah, found it. It's actually the corner right before the malfunctioning arm.

What did I do to make you mad???

>male version of the song
why, who approved that?

Above Alan and LI Fang

sync attacks are fairly simple, on the whole.
The fun part is managing using your chain fully.

It might feel weird but for me the bumper button attacks clicked once sync attacks got unlocked. Most people prefer to use preset C for controls since it feels more closer to other platinum action games. I stuck with the default controls because later on when you are doing Legion Special Actions it’s nice to still have access to the R-stick. Especially if you want to pull off special action counters.

I say it should be both, the player should be both proactive and reactive, but then you get to that conundrum where the game basically becomes a glorified turn-based game where the player just whacks on the enemy until he either whiffs the combo or the enemy reaches its damage threshold and attacks.
Sure, in a game like this the player is always on his toes but the flow of combat becomes super predictable.
So what can be done to avoid this kind of stuff from happening?

Be black, and have low IQ retards who mindlessly follow hate mobs back you up when you smashed the shit out of your childs toy then blaming it had shit build quality.
Also, wasting your talent on gross fetish art instead of sweet vanilla.

This one specifically if anyone else has trouble with it.

Attached: Door.jpg (1280x720, 302K)

I think I'm stuck in the Astral Plane. I see these crystals with black holes connected to each other, but I can't interact with them. I'm guessing I need axe legion?

You’re a Japanese cop. Not a burger cop.

It truly sucks.
It's why I consider the female canon and will urge everyone to play the female first.
Christ, that moment is so fucking kino. I played it first as female and the song was just utter hype. Then I played it as male and it was legitimately garbage and completely ruined the moment.

>DUOSKIN
>TASTEY
wat

>How the FUCK to I beat Jin as Lappy?
Considering you do literally zero damage I'm guessing you don't.

Shit I've found a bug in the game.
In the photo album, if it's not full and if you view one in full screen and scroll until the next space is blank, if you press B there you'll go back to nothing and pressing B again won't work.
Already tweeted this to Platinum but I doubt they'll even reply to that.

Attached: 69886444_10157495804554817_6922726719753289728_n.jpg (960x540, 10K)

What best keeps it from being that predictable is keeping the enemy variance in the fights themselves active enough.
Having arenas that kinda fuck with your tools and how one's typically fight shit. Compare all the plain ass rooms that most of the astral plane has to shit like DMC3 elevator where you have to keep it clear of enemies fast enough to keep moving up.

Yes you can.

You do need the axe legion.

IT FUCKING WORKS, I'M RICH!!!!

No, You drag them together with the chain. It's weird there's no tutorial on how to interact with them

WHAT!? I mean... what did I post exactly???

Happened to me, mash buttons, it worked somehow.

should I spend my premium material codes on legatus/baton upgrades or legion upgrades?

>like DMC3 elevator where you have to keep it clear of enemies fast enough to keep moving up
I never got too far in DMC3 before I got my PS2 sold, but you're saying that having a secondary objective or moveset restraint could mitigate the issue?
Sure I guess but what about boss fights?

I thought you were talking about the big red blocks with holes in them.
But there are those too.

I used to be on the same boat as you until i gave the game a chance to redeem itself
.. and it did.

For S+ you just gotta be versatile. It encourages a diverse gameplay.
Of course that you can get it by grindong certain actions, but that's up to you if you want to treat the game like a chore or not.

Baton upgrades first, and then legion. Legatus upgrades should be your last priority.

what if I've unlocked all the baton moves already

This fucking game lets me take selfies, take care of cats, inspect toilets and sometimes fight demons with my own demon.

GOTY.

Attached: 69830380_10157495842999817_825697090309980160_n.jpg (960x540, 110K)

Then you play the game.

ok so i got the lappy badge,head,arms,wisdom,legs

whats the last part im missing for the outfit?

If you want more power there's still that.

nigger what do I fucking upgrade after that

Then comes the Legions.

Where's this holographic wall in the third case at that OP mentions? I can't seem to find it if it's in that first area.

see

I mean, 3 again being used an example as one of the pinacles of the genre.
You have Cerberus, Gigapede, and Agni & Rudra where it's all about handling optimization of hitting as much of a multi-hit boss as possible while handing multiple sources of attacks (while the boss is decently immobile).
Doppleganger, Heart of Leviathan, and Nevan all play with the concept of the boss having some kind of active protection you have to take care of in order to wail on them for a duration of time.
Vergil is just a boss version of a player character.
Geryon's a piece of shit.

There is a tutorial on them early on

where to get glasses early

I found them by exploring the File 3 while you're investigating right at the start. It's kinda hidden in some chain jumping parts.

What the FUCK was her problem? Why spout cryptic bullshit instead of just spilling the beans?

Attached: 1551719187607.jpg (721x749, 122K)

Hey there, Partner! Just wanted to say don't forget to take a peak in the parking garage on Case 08: [ Peace ]

Sneak on under a door with purple graffiti (says Destroy). Then look in the upper left corner to find a lil' twinkle. Ask your pal ol' Arrow legion to shoot it down and git yerself a nice skull mask for free!

Attached: astralchain_wallpaperLappy_1080x1920.jpg (1080x1920, 1.32M)

Because the beans she wanted to spill still made her a terrorist and a crazy scientist responsible for multiple kidnappings and lots of property damage.

what does the anti stun ability do exactly? is it worth using?

anybody?
please help

Have you beaten the game yet? If not you have to, to get the last part I think.

How can you fight enemies in the air more easily? It's boring to just shoot them with Arrow, and Arrow attacks too slowly on it's own, using it's rush attack puts it out of commission for a few moments which is annoying too and the enemies can just move out of the way anyway. Shooting them with your gun works alright; as well as charged shots. And trying to send in the Legions then jumping to them in the air for midair melee is annoying too because they tend to just move out of the way. And a lot of the skill moves don't hit mid air enemies.

Basically, these cunts are just annoying no matter what and there really isn't a good way to deal with them. What to do?

Yes, some enemies like the Hermits can give you a nasty stun duration.

Is there a reliable way of killing the golden slimes? I want those Legion skins and pray that one of them is a Jojo reference.

You can't post that pic without the vid.
>youtu.be/m9B0-HFkpT4

i have beaten the game

Start that mission and take an immediate right, it'll be on the right side wall, one of the garage doors.

>The first fucking case mission does all this different shit and reveals there is a CUH RAZY mode where you throw yourself on top of your legion and do some cool shit

GODDAMN THIS FUCKING GAME
Good to know it has the platinum standards

Attached: D26D010D-5A6B-477E-8A9A-38737E07B872.jpg (538x445, 73K)

Head shot with Arrow for a stun.
Equip the auto-chain skill and use it in mid-air.
The baton attacks fast and if you swap into the gladius mid-air you get a free hit.
Arms Legion can grab and pull enemies to you as well as slam them into the ground.
All of these are viable.

>each of us will tell you something but only one of us is telling the truth
Aw for fucks sakes. Is there one answer to this? Can someone just tell me?

Why isn't there more Marie porn yet. Or really any porn. this is fucked up I NEED PORN OF MARIE GOD DAMN IT

The execute heals are pretty OP. You easily sustain through every fight that isn't just one big boss.

Did you beat him in the part where your wearing the Lappy suit (aka get the meter to 100/100)

>Opening doesn’t play when you turn on the game

The one thing I would change

The fourth brother.
Its obvious.
For the second part use Iris.

Him as In Jin, forgot that part

yes i got that part

so are you gonna tell me which one is missing from the ones i listed or....

should I spend my premium gene codes on unlocking these legion nodes or upgrading my baton/legatus?
I don't know what's worth it

Lock onto them chase and mash LT for the rush attack till dead.

You know what just for that you can go Google it.

Upgrading your baton, then your legatus.
Save upgrading the Legions for postgame.

but what if I have all the new moves already
don't those mystery legion nodes give you new moves too

Beast and sword work well, since ranged attacks don't do shit and the gladius is too slow.
Its speed over all else and thankfully they have piss poor health.

They do but they aren't really worth it over getting raw damage or more Legion up-time.
Those new Legion moves tend to fairly weak or something that you aren't gonna be using very often since they don't lead into sync combos.

>Case 2: There's a heavy chest plate in the Astral plain in a side area.

I'm guessing OP is talking about file 2 Case 3: Escape?

Give it time, it just came out. Sequels have tons of fanart and porn because people are familiar with the subject. Astral Chain is brand new and people are just sort of getting into it.

I didn't realize male Akira was so short

what legion skills should I be using

>Sequels have tons of fanart and porn because people are familiar with the subject.
So that is why Xenoblade 2 is now one of the most productive fanart wise Nintendo's franchises?

The ones you think are coolest.

What was the deal with the homunculi? Couldn't have have been let lose in the astral plane and eat it all up?

Jena needed the results to see if it could absorb Chimeras before testing it in Astral Plane.
One of the later chapters has her attempting to grow one there but failing, seems the birthing process takes too long there.

I was watching kids spin around in a circle, and looked over and found Akira doing this dumb bullshit

Attached: r67aqJ_aPIJcwTzd.webm (258x250, 2.39M)

Yeah I've noticed your twin does that from time to time

Yes I made a mistake, it'll be rectified by the next post. So far 24 items out of the 39 have been found.

>have to find Max's Legatus
>Beast Legion is out, radar is pinging wildly, controller is throbbing
>nothing is actually there
What am I doing wrong?

Might be a blue spot user.

Im not seeing shit, both with regular vision and IRIS

Blue spots are hidden dig spots in the lever, you don't find it unless the Beast walks directly over it while you're holding down ZL.

Is the game actually good despite the 30 FPS cap? I don't even know what Platinum was thinking settling with 30.

Attached: 1567348753365.jpg (414x451, 53K)

Whats the point of maintenance on your dudes? Does it actually do anything?

Makes them faster and removes delay from their auto-attacks.

>[Dead parent angst intensifies]

how obnoxious that they suffer penalties if you don't want to button mash after every mission

>Opening playing during the hardest boss fight.
Kino

The difference is incredibly minor but I agree.

Marie is my wife!!!!
Also have a webm,
also go check out this audio glitch on /wsg/.

Attached: 2019083016183701257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.webm (1280x720, 2.57M)

git gud you're a certified brainlet if it takes you longer than 15 minutes tops

One of the first ones you get is an evangelion reference

Don't fuck kids

File 11 spoilers. Why the FUCK did Akira want to kill me? It came out of nowhere and then we joined forces again, 2 minutes later. Dude (or chick) had murderous intent because he was insecure over being overshadowed.

Attached: its_the_cinnamon_swirls.jpg (563x496, 47K)

How do I disable Gyro?

You can just hold the button, you don't need to mash

It plays fine desu.
People forget that Revengeance ran at 30 on consoles. It's all about frame pacing and consistency.

On file 8 I have the left, right, straight, etc clue but I'm not sure where to start. Where is the labyrinth light that is referenced as the start? I thought it was the hole in the tunnel on 2F, but that wasn't it.

Akira was suffering a mental break-down that was oncoming since Max's death/M.I.A. and the whole legion of clones.
Understandably they were concerned about a number of things, likely doubting that they were even the original since the first encounter with Jena.
It was a rough few days for Akira.

They were have a mental breakdown over the fact that Yoseph cloned them without their knowledge or consent and was using said clones as weapons to be sacrificed. There was also the very real possibility that the original Akira died and that s/he may also be a clone. This led to them lashing out at anything that moved, be it the chimera, clones, or (You). Yoseph showing up reminded them of who they should be focusing their aggression towards.

Pls respondo

>tfw almost no porn
god damn what takes these artists so long

Use a controller without the gyro function.

Not just a lack of porn, but a lack of fanart in general. It's pretty dissappointing.

Attached: 1551048771972.jpg (592x457, 34K)

Is there any way to start a previous file #?

When do you fight Jin? I need one of the Lappy Items.

Use your computer back at Neuron.

Start of File 5, go to the locker room and meet Marie.

Which mission is the best to farm exp so I can level up my police rank in post-game?

Artists are secondaries.

Designs aren't that hot shit to grab attention like Pyra for example.

Thanks, Marie.

I was just about to ask about some of these in another thread. You're a gosh among men, OP.

LOOK Yea Forums, IT'S THE CLITORIS!!!

Attached: EDlgcPSU0AEdxZX[1].jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Does anyone know if the Rounded police helmets that cover the eyes on the NPC's are unlockable?

Threw a can towards a guard during the F6 sneaking section, he did the same.

I assume the AI pathing just flubs up sometimes.

I also had the purse-snatching victim spawn twice for whatever reason

File 7, need the Axe Legion after fighting an optional miniboss.

Awesome, Thank you.

Is there any way we can make a doc of sorts to keep all of this unlockable info somewhere to share?

Some anons are working on it right now but its taking time, people gotta go through the game again and search damn near every pixel.

When was the last time a non-Metroidvania game hid secrets like this? Glad to see not every developer is locking assets behind an additional paywall

There is no option... yeah that's my ONLY gripe.

She was as deluded and self-important as Yoseph, she just pitied your fate instead of using you like he did. It's why she never tried to kill you, only disarm and beat you.
I do love we never have confirmation one way or another about her crazy as shit theory about the Astral Plane and the 2 previous times it has devoured the earth. I like that we had several competing theories for it and no real answers, it worked well for the game.

When do we get the porn

By not being good beat cops

How can I play older missions?

>Fire Emblem Three Houses
>hot tomboy best girl wants to fuck your dad
>Astral Chain
>hot police lady bet girl wants to fuck your dad
REEEEEEE STOP KEKING ME ANIME DADS

>enter crosswalk while it's green, but a bit late
>turns red while I'm still in there and I lose points
Fuck you game

>unlocking electric chain on best dog
Fuck yes, it feels so good

>Is there a new game plus?
This. Can I play the whole game from scratch on platinum ultimate, or do I have to re-do all the files from my PC?

Use your PC in the Neuron HQ.

Is it just me or is Astral Chain kinda easy? I'm normally pretty bad at videogames but even on Platinum Standard I almost never needed to use healing items and only once ever needed an AED.

>Oh I can, I just have to use perfect call instead because it actually has fucking i-frames
Doing it wrong. Regular dodge does indeed have iframes in the first half of the cartwheel. Thing is, if the enemy is still attacking, your second dodge needs to be away from them, not towards them.

See this dodging guide: imgur.com/a/vL4edct

>Combat depth
No, the game definitely has depth. Whether the scoring system does a good enough job encouraging you to use that depth is probably a valid criticism. But there's quite a lot of cool stuff you can do.

Pretty sure you have to redo all of them through the pc on ult though after chapter 11 and when you reload into 12 you get the option to switch into Ult.

That one is made for the Arms legion, so you can GET IN THE LEGION HOWARD

I see. When you replay through PC can you play the ENTIRE chapter with all the Neuron HQ bits?

Yes, you can wrap your jumps around the pillar things on the sides.

Yes

Yeah, just select the first part of said chapter to start at Neuron

I don't think it would be possible to be spammier than Automata. How many games let you cancel a dodge into a dodge indefinitely with no vulnerable frames?

>Slash stances has it's own perfect dodge and dodge combo
Damn.

Should I buy it? I'm drunk

>the vendor in the chapter 10 hideout made me feel bad enough when I didn't buy anything to make my change my mind
thank god vending machines don't have cute personalities in real life

Attached: nervous_lucoa.gif (270x380, 174K)

Anypone have a location of the Heavy plate in the Astral plane of Mission 2?

I hope everyone has been taking pics of everything and reading the profiles on the PC. Vending machines too.

Yeah dude. It's a good time. Combat feels a bit lacking until you get through like File 3 early on though, but after that it's good shit.

please respond

Please tell me Peace is the worst chapter in the game. That whole chapter felt like a slideshow whenever I wasn't in the Astral Plane and the only sidequest I genuinely enjoyed was Billy's. Genuinely FUCK every minigame, I especially hated the one where you had to dig shit up with the Beast Legion under 1 minute.

for me, it's the file 4 vending machine.
youtube.com/watch?v=8VR_yv-l6_k

>thank god vending machines don't have cute personalities in real life
Yet

It's in the 3rd mission, not the second.
IIRC, at some point there's a wall that you lower with a nearby switch. Hit the switch again after lowering it and ride the wall up.

...it's actually case 3 escape user, my bad.

Is there any point to finishing off enemies other than the health regain? Also if I replay a file do I have to redo every single sidequest in order to fully complete it or can I only do the ones I miss?

Shit. What part of mission 3? You go into the Astral twice. I need to know what part you do it.

each finishing move gives you rank points. You can just do the ones you missed. Whatever you complete, the game will keep your best completion rank.

is there a way to farm premium codes

goty

Attached: cat technology.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

Attached: please respond.jpg (750x750, 181K)

All Lappy Items? I got the quiz, the tour guide one and now the one where you fight Jin. Where’s the rest?

>See Sword Legion
>Get an erection
Please tell me the future enemies aren't nearly as attractive and stay looking cool/very monstrous.

Attached: shame.png (303x383, 47K)

Is holding off on legatus upgrades a viable way to make the game harder without making it less fun?

I've seen a couple of late game enemies that start to look more humanoid than the monstrous types. Artemis, I believe it was called.

nigga what the fuck kind of fetish is that

so are Legions just EVA units and Yoseph is just Gendo and the three men he was talking to are SEELE?

It's the movement and how sleek it looks. It's a weird fusion of what I like about robots while it looking like it has some fleshy bits that makes me see it as a more humanoid thing than what is shown to me.

What are Marie's measurements?

so where do you imagine putting your penis

Attached: 1560082975050.png (162x171, 30K)

>that one Stand that you barely use

What's his name Yea Forums? For some reason I just cannot find a niche for arm boi and rarely switch to him

Nintendo exclusive games besides Pokemon are known to take longer for porn artists to take interest in them, especially Japanese ones.

Well I was thinking of rubbing it on it or rubbing one off on any part of it.
And then I clean it off at the Legion station

From my personal experience it’s Beast>=Blade>Arm>Arrow>Axe

I like Arm's LB move so I switch to that a bunch.
Beast seemed too strong from my first impression so I decided not to use it if I can help it.

>Lappy is sleeping on the ground
>Marie finds Lappy
>helps escort him out of the room
>people continue to insist that Lappy and Marie are the same person when - in fact; one is a large dog and the other is a human
>>they can also both be seen in the same place at the same time
Checkmate, conspiracy-fags.

Attached: 10049918481.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

news.yahoo.com/astral-chain-review-tedious-button-143200811.html
>repetitive but flashy combat would be saved by a ranking system like in DMC
this fucking idiot played on easy the whole time then complained the game was too simple

So do I have to catch Lappy as he's running around to get the quiz?

I have all the items from Lappy but the head, where can I get it?

I think if i'm remembering correctly, it was the first time, it's in an area where you will have a fight with some legions, there will be two chests in the area.

Buy it in post game from the doctor, then go to Olive and play the mission related to it.

>have the chain touching every enemy on the field without closing the loop
>chain jump through all of them

>arm legion gattai mode has other attacks besides the standard combo
well shit
>hold ZR for sweeping punch that pulls enemies in
>360+ZR to spin
>back-forward-ZR to do a big paunch into a missile barrage
>perfect dodge into uppercut+air slam
also I think sending out the arm legion with ZL brings enemies back to you

This guy is either a massive troll, or is legitimately retarded. Jesus fucking christ.

Arrow. Just doesn't hit hard enough outside of it's L mode.

Beast>>>>>>>>Axe>>>Sword>Arm>>>Arrow

You won't want to play the first 3 chapters drunk my friend.

Attached: 57CA3BD8-C890-49EA-9316-256C997F139D.jpg (742x417, 113K)

So remind me why there's never a general on /vg/?

lol

>the SMT games

If Nintendo fans were review bombing SMT games as revenge for Persona 5 not being on Switch then shouldn't, you know, Persona 5 itself be the one getting hit hardest by that? It still has like a 9 average and I'm not seeing any recent review bombing evidence.

Are we sure those SMT games didn't get review bombed ages ago for some unrelated reason?

I don’t think there’s enough discussion for astral chain, and interest in the game will probably die out in a few weeks

yes.

I really hope they at least make their money back on this one. We get so few new IPs these days that aren't indie platformer #33578990

I'm not sure I get the case 4 one, jumping across the staircase to the gate is just the way to progress the level?

Axe=Arm>Beast>>>Arrow>Blade
Arrow at least has the benefit of zipping around fast as fuck making binding, jumping and sweeping up red stuff a snap, but I can't figure out what Blade does that the other three don't also do.

>I can't figure out what Blade does that the other three don't also do.
Jack of all trades

cringe
Arrow=Sword>Arms=Beast=Axe.
Arrow is the fastest legion for chain jumps and also does long range, sword has the best command moveset, Arms pulls enemies and you can ora ora ora with it, Beast has great multihit moves, and Axe is low as fuck and "defensive."
Convince me otherwise.

>He hasn't gone BEYBLADE with Sword

Arm Legion + Self-Destruct 900% Damage + Faster Energy Gain + Attack Up skills is fucking nuts.

Beast is the best, no question.
>Can ride around for extreme mobility
>Nearly invincible while riding, auto-dodges most attacks
>Has Howl as an early skill, which not only paralyzes everything in range, but ALSO has no diminishing returns like a chain bind
>Helps you track people
>Digs items up for you
>Is a good boy

Unfortunately that's the fate of most hack and slashes other than clamoring for sequels and NierA with it's amount of endings. Even DMC only gets mentioned in memes.

Axe is for setting up explosions for fuck huge damage.

To be fair the game starts you off in babby mode and you don't get rankings right off the bat, you need to go into the menu to change the difficulty, at least as far as I know.
He's still a tard, though.

IIRC the game tells you that you’re in babby mode after you beat file 1 and gives you the option right there to change it. And even then, just 5 minutes of googling would show that there IS a ranking system.

To beat jin, run aroumd him and bait him into an attack, then hold the attack bitton to charge a swipe, this is the best way i've found to beat him. Make sure you click the stick in again to go back to the normal walking pace or you'll do a sliding kick.

That review was complaining about lack of style meter too. They want a rank on screen during fight.

>Olive/Marie/Brenda

Kill, Marry, Fuck

Attached: D-j4t6jX4AEtuPl.jpg (985x1200, 361K)

>Kill Olive
>Marry Akira
>Fuck Marie

How many MGS references have you guys spotted in Astral Chain so far?

Here's what I've got:

A line that pink haired cunt says to MC:

"Go to the commander's room. The commander wants to speak with you" Mirrors what Meryl said to Solid Snake in MGS1 while under Psycho Mantis' control.

The term Enfants Terrible is used to describe the twins in both MGS, and in Astral Chain.

"But you already knew that, right?" Said to the MC you control in Astral Chain, mirrors what Big Boss said to Chico in the cutscene at the end of the Rescue Chico mission in Peace Walker.

A geeky science whiz named Hal, and even kind of sounds like Christopher Randolph (voice of Hal and Huey Emmerich in the MGS series.

Tough white blonde bitch in a white suit who defected from The Ark (Jena - The Boss) who also kind of sounds like Lori Alan, the voice of The Boss in PW, MGS3 and V.

Has anyone made a loss with this yet?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Lappy suit + Arm legion is the greatest thing ever when they fuse.

It does dunno if it's part of his rush attack or if it's an input for it

Yeah it was in a previous thread. My dumb ass didn't bother to save it.

Fuck Olive
Kill Brenda
Marry Marie

only retards disagree

I guess it just doesn't suit my playstyle. I think the biggest issue with the game is the pacing
>first several missions you're gimped with too little in terms of abilities
>progression is pretty good overall, but the tree has a lot of % stat boost filler
>you get axe way late in the game
IDK axe just felt uncomfortable the whole end of the game for me.

i got all 6 lappy parts
what do i do now?

kill Olive and Brenda
Marry and Fuck MY WIFE MARIE

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-23-00-08-10.png (1440x1255, 898K)

90% sure it's rush. I never see arm far away from me so I've gotta assume it always comes back with something when I rush it.

They should’ve given you axe a lot earlier. By that late in the game, you already have your playstyle figured out and a bunch of gene codes invested in your main legions. On the surface, the axe legion isn’t super amazing or anything, so why invest in something else when you already have a winning strategy?

What are the others? I'm 5/6 and not sure which one I'm missing

Hey i still can't find the Heavy Chest plate in File 2, Is it in the Escape case?
And if so it really doesn't seam like there are much areas to explore to even find anything.
Is it off the side somewhere?

try searching on the archive with words you remember from that thread

Olive, desk work, use punch ghost.

It's in the Astral Plane where you first meet Hal. You have to ride up on the first rising wall and go left.

Best legion to spend platinum on? I’m on file 5 and like arrow legion so far

guys I think I wanna fuck the vending machine

Attached: A820168B-F4E9-4727-AB44-A9E551B5B436.jpg (1624x1430, 1.02M)

It's in file 3 during your first visit in the astral plane in that file. You ride the first double swith wall up to find a unique path.

Honestly that's my biggest complaint for every fucking game in this genre. I've played every dmc, bayonetta and I always get annoyed with how rigid my play style becomes. It takes time practicing to actually be able to utilize your whole toolkit and I think that this game gives you a lot of options. all the abilities, command attacks different links... I'm really enjoying this game. Is it worth going back and trying wonderful 101 if I have a hacked wiiu? I've seen a lot of people drawing comparisons to that game because of this one.

Beast. Trust me. Invest in the Howl skill immediately

yiff

>punch ghost
Are we just going to call them ghosts? Not stand,s not legions, not personas, just ghosts?

I wanna buy it but I'm hesitant

I just got to that vendor today too. Fuckin kawaii-desu
Honestly how is that so much better than Arm and auto bind? One of my favorite things to do is auto bind like 3-4 enemies switch to arrow to have it do the arrow rain and throw a grenade

this, DmC 5, Sekiro, Ace Combat,
Lot of cool games this year I say pull the trigger

how am I supposed to rescue the cat in file 09? It just keeps running away from me when I press a on it

How's the combat

>Like Persona a lot
>Wish there was some kind of action rpg spin off
>Main premise is that you’re the MC, and you can hold a few personas at once, with the ability to shuffle them in battle to have access to different skills, passives, combo potentials, etc
>Imagine an awesome battle system where you could switch on the fly to continue a combo and synergize skills
>mfw I realized astral chain is pretty much what I wished for but with a different coat of paint

Attached: 609C91F9-BA7F-4918-9D3E-EDD8FE9B9DCF.jpg (399x499, 37K)

I actually use both Howl and auto bind

Howl:
>Affects every single enemy in range
>Is NOT affected by diminishing returns, is just as strong every single time

Auto Bind:
>Only affects those in the close range
>Is affected by diminishing returns

Auto bind is nice though because it can set up a sync attack. Both are helpful though

>maxed sword legion
>C3-C-5 everything else
the game kinda forces me to at least switch to each legion once per fight but why give up the highest dps when I can nonstop perfectcall chain clear up all mobs in an instant.

I might be a basic bitch but I don't see whats wrong with with spamming nothing but baton mode/sword legion and spamming perfectcall inbetween every attack, and if you can't reach either pull it down with arms and switch back or go full range gun/bow legion and also spam perfect call.

Attached: 1560114243133.jpg (501x501, 14K)

throw a can to distract it

How is Astral Chain doing sales wise? At the very least I am sure is not a catastrophic flop like W101.

But every time i complete File 2, Case 3 Escape it always just ends with the whole mission being over, What mission part do you actually meet hal for the first time?

It's kind of like asking why not just play Bayo with guns on your hands and feet and never switch weapons. There's nothing wrong with the playstyle if it works and you enjoy it.

Attached: Lappy Arm.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

It's good, It is pretty basic at first but it really opens up. upgrading your characters weapon gives you pause attacks, charge attacks and input command attacks.
each legion has different sync attacks
each legion cab equip abilities (like gear with stat boosts or abilities)b
each legion also has a skill tree where it learns new abilities that you can either select from a menu or input a command (like back forward attack) to do something special
It really isn't extremely challenging but some of the bosses will take your revives.
Theres not too much too much diversity in the environments,
the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in years
the characters are all really likeable for the most part.
Honestly the combat is kind of like dmc if the whole game was really fun V gameplay. I liked V but this is a broader more refined version of that.

Attached: 2019083016210901257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.webm (1280x720, 2.66M)

thanks, just realized it was the same cat as way before

It's been reportedly selling out everywhere. I assume that most retailers just didn't order very much stock, but it's still a good sign. I did some napkin math in my head while I was looking around stores in my area for a copy and I'm estimating between 100k - 500k physical copies sold in the first week.

I have the same issue as the guy you replied to. The beast legion covers literally every base (Attack, defense, mobility, long range, etc) and I see no reason to ever use anything else (excluding when you’re forced to use another legion like cutting an energy line or hit something super far away)

Some user told me if it does well the director said he would plan it to be a trilogy. I like the story and the gameplay has a lot of potential so I've got my fingers crossed.

everyone has their favourites, unless an enemy is a zippy bastard I'll generally turn him into mulch with the glaive and axe legion sync attacks.

I think just 150K something is enough to beat W101 lifetime sakes.

based

posted the wrong webm

Attached: 2019083016320501257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.webm (1280x720, 1.5M)

I've saved the goddamn human race and Alan is STILL acting like he's hot shit to my face.

Fuck Alan MARIE IS MY WIFE
MINE!
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 2BF25EC0B9B842D4A37151E7DB45BBA6.gif (457x360, 2.95M)

>that gif
Which file is that chimera boss from?

Pretty sure he's case 3. Who told you it was case 2?

so.. how do you unlock more favorite color sets for your clothes? I only have 1 despite being in endgame and I don't see any more to unlock in orders

Anyone got any tips on doing that ice cream side quest?

A lot of its sync attacks are narrow and it can't float. That's why I main Sword.

try to use your legion to block the dickhead on the stairs I guess? other than that you just have to go good at a god aweful gyro balance game, your balance is better while standing still so stop moving if it's looking wonky.

Naw mate that's some redshift

When is the best time to use the revengence blade shit? I try to use it too often and end up eating shit for my troubles.

Moving Beast itself is really slow, which can make it hard to get it behind enemies.

The sync attack thing is fair, but the non floating thing only matters out of combat

when a chimera shield cat requires you to use it, I find it of fuck all use in real combat, it's just for puzzles and the like.

that's the one where you evolve to kill everyone in Neuron because IF I CAN'T HAVE HER NO ONE WILL REEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: 1539192625215.png (629x1173, 94K)

I think its the item called "Empty Set Slot" but I don't remember where I found it. Opens all the custom slots at once.

>file 6 twin chimera boss
Good shit

well shit, I don't see it anywhere in orders, is it an item you have to find somewhere in the levels?

It's usually not practical outside of cutting energy sources, but it works well on slow enemies like slimes and gorillas.

Probably in some chest somewhere. I know Eye Color+ was a sparkle in file 08.

So I’m missing someone from the Person of Interests section of the database, between Douglas and Hal’s Drone. Does anyone know who it is?

oh shit I been wandering where that was.

Attached: ac eye color+.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

good man, anything else of note you remmember? I think I got a knit cap from a sparkly at the very top of the staircases central pillar during the mall mission.

MAKE ME BUY IT

Post address and I'll mug you, take your money, buy the game, and then drop it back off at your house.
Otherwise read
Its a really fun game for what it is and has some janky bits in some regards but a lot of character and cool shit.

clocked 48 hour so far
post-game is fun

>mfw when I encountered it
It was the first time I had to use a battery too.

Attached: ac but photo.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

Definitely for the people who disliked the investigations.

>completely shit over a chimera
>d rank
>barely survive another chimera
>lmao a rank
I don't understand, is this ranking the enemies performance or something? It makes no fucking sense.

I think it's mostly keeping track of how many fancy moves you pull off, sync attacks and so on.

I think a big factor is time, another is just going through as many abilities as possible (different legions, sync attacks) I think they were aiming to reward varied gameplay and speedy completion without punishing you for mistakes so much. Makes me feel like they were trying to encourage lots of experimentation via trial and error

In harder fights you pull dumb shit to win (multi binds, backstabs, tether counters, etc.). You get rewarded for those.

Is chainjumping absolitely broken for anyone else? I can aim for the dead center of a platform, and yet I still somehow fall off.
Also the whole "your left pinky touched that wall have fun in the bottomless pit" thing is a bit annoying.

Your rank is simply the total of the point bonuses list in the results. Generally need 10,000 points for S+. It's possible to S+ with fast time and no damage taken, but it's much easier to focusing on stacking up different bonuses. Cycle through all your weapons and legions, do syncs with every legion, use their skills, use the command input attacks, chain bind and multi-bind, headshot, perfect call, etc.

didn't mean to reply there, sorry

This. I always go for a backstab, perfect call, multi bind (or just a bind), and the use of all my legions. It makes S+ much much easier to achieve.

sometimes it can be wonky but you'll get the hang of it. Especially in levels where the platforms are bobbing up and down slightly.
There's a little blue symbol under the legion that you should be able to aim for.

same, also using items actually gives points so don't hoard if you're looking for a little boost for rank.

Obviously there's a blue symbol you dipshit, how could someone not notice it? Is big, contrasts against most of the game, glows, and is directly under the thing you control when chainjumping.

Good to know. Still wondering how I only got a B on Noah Prime though. I pulled all of the tricks I had.

how the fuck are you supposed to do the second stealth section with actual stealth?

Just hide behind shit and have the legion wrap them up. If they're looking in your direction and you can't tether them just throw a can. The sound makes them check it out.

uh colorblind people.
checkm8 athiests.

You would literally have to have blue monochromacy for that to be a problem, and that's an absurdly rare type of colorblindness.

>Beat the game
>Feel like seeing how the streamers are doing
They're just so fucking bad and they won't shut up about how "anime" the game is
I do this to myself with every game and the result is painful every time, I don't know why I do it.

Attached: 1359008022656.jpg (511x546, 114K)

I hate forced stealth sections in non-stealth games, but the game actually handles it well.

>IRIS to see distant guards and view distances
>can cast out legion to chain amd incapacitate guards
>can to create sound amd distract
>generous window to hide yourself if you are caught
>levels designed with plenty of cover to watch guard patterns

>watching streamers
MichaelJordanStopitGetHelp.gif

Avoid western tendie influencers like the plague. They worship a Japanese company and somehow get pissed when something is Japanese.

I'm really loving this game but the stealth is ass.

Its worth playing. Since you've already got the hacked wii u, go for it.

stealth is garbage shoehorned in, ohh boi look some pipes to distract them, wait a-user what are you doing crouch down the guard someone's looking...wat. Ohh no Don't just bind them in front of the other guard, hes running over to check now, guess you should been more stealt- wait don't just keep binding them your suppose to play it sneaky deaky.. stop...pls... *Swing* "S+"

>people actually play as the male
CRINGE

Do you keep stuff from replaying files? I'm wondering if I can go back and grind gene codes and money.

Enchiladas

Attached: IMG_2754.jpg (747x421, 74K)

Is perfect call the same timing as dodge? I get perfect dodges esily but im too scared of taking a hit in the moment so I need this info as a confidence booster.

Pretty much. Do what feels good in the moment if you can't decide.

>perfect dodge
It's dodging with existent iframes and a follow-up attack. Only downside is you can't spam the B button as often to "perfect dodge"

Does anyone know if there are other hermit hideouts besides the ones in cases 3 and 4?

There's one directly behond you once you start the sneaking mission with Olive, and there's another one in that maze before getting to the Axe legion fight. You're on your own with the Axe legion one, I think ot's location somehow relates to that one guy talking about treasure but idk, you're just gonna have to feel walls until you get lucky.