Xiv

Every fucking week this stupid fucking cat gives me one or no lines when I spend weeks grinding reshuffles.
I hope all her journals fucking burn

Attached: 1560917128479.gif (600x600, 868K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/tales_from_the_shadows/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is an MMO, not a single-player game. Balance is important. You can't just wave it away like that.

why does every retard wait for someone else to make a party instead of doing it themselves? I've gotten people who ask me to do a different wt trial instead of just searching themselves.

Attached: 1548863180955.jpg (687x545, 245K)

Is mnk actually fun to play at lv80?

I loved playing it in Heavensward but had to play drg in savage

So is it the general consensus that BLM is the simplest on paper but the hardest in reality when you have mechanics thrown at you?

It's about knowing the fights and saving procs and cds for movements and downtime.

>FFXIV
>MMO
its a lobby game at best with a sub fee and single player story

DNC step system feels better than NIN mudras.

Attached: 1537721078439.jpg (875x739, 81K)

no that's only the consensus of retards who believe Yea Forums memes

Lots of people feel a sense of being responsible for the party if they created it. If someone joined and fucked everything up and it disbands, even though it wasn't the lead's fault, they might still feel bad because of that sense of responsibility. Better to not put up with that crap considering how hit or miss random PF people are.

I assume that's the theory anyway.

The conversation was based on fflogs statistics. Unless that's what you meant by "Yea Forums meme".

>MNK nerfed
>DRG nerfed
>SAM buffed
>DRK slight (slight) buff
>SMN buffed

There I fixed it

Found the SAM main.

Forgot
>WAR gets Fire V
Now it’s perfect

Prove you are a FSH CHAD and not a PLEB

Attached: index.jpg (510x393, 163K)

FSH sucks and I have it at 80.

Just make every WAR ability, weapon skill, and trait fell cleave

I main DRK actually. The state of melee is a fucking joke right now though, there is no fucking reason for MNK to be rivaling BLM in its raid damage contribution right now. NIN is in the process of a rework so I'm not really considering its current state. DRG has been busted since day one of the expansion.

I did it, FSHbro.

Attached: ffxiv_08112019_110307_209.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

Newfag here
Did they ever explain why there's no set bonuses

>NIN is in the process of a rework
I thought the nin "rework" was the thing we just got a few days ago.

>that wasn't a rework brainlet that was just potency adjustments
Yes but it wouldn't surprise me if Yoshi called it a day on that and said "it's a rework baka gaijin".

The same reason why there are no unique effects on gear

No, they're apparently changing how mudra work entirely, mentioning that they "learned a lot" from Dancer's steps.

People are fucking lazy and half the autists that play this game suffer from "social anxiety" (see all the people who cry about tank anxiety and healer anxiety when playing a new role for the first time), so if they make a PF and no one joins these people are likely to kill themselves because they think everyone hates them.

Attached: 4707050957.png (640x960, 245K)

No he specifically stated the potency buffs were just a ”hotfix”. Major reworks never come in the .0X patches. He said NIN and SMN will get a major rework coming in 5.1. I want to level NIN but I hate using mk+b in this game and fuck playing it in controller.

Fishing is literally a waste of time, boring as hell, and the only argument I've ever heard from those who claim they like it is "it's comfy while watching netflix"

because stats have been streamlined to hell and back and there are no 'specs' or 'builds' for jobs. At most you can prioritize what substat you want the most of through materia, but it effects little and most of the time for most jobs you either want crit or direct hit

Its just not for you then lol let people enjoy thing

Fishing is the only job that doesnt make money, it really is just a waste of time

everything in this game is a waste of time, you might as well enjoy it

Is there a materia guide I don't want to be clueless as I was when I ran full battledance at the start of SB because I thought that was good

>he isn't stockpiling aethersands to Jew people when the new crafting and gathering gear will.inevitably.deman them

>queue up as tank
>DPS aren't AoEing
>queue up as DPS
>tank is single pulling
>queue up as healer
>tank is single pulling, DPS aren't AoEing, everyone dies to standing in bad

Attached: 1539531749734.gif (434x444, 479K)

>not cloning yourself 23 times

NIN mudras are apparently getting reworked to behave more like DNC steps in a future patch

Holy shit RDMfag you're still fucking whining weeks later? Bro get some help, game clearly isn't for you

How is that? Never played DNC.

says you

I made 40 million gil off of whitehorses alone in the first few weeks of ShB and I'm making a tidy sum from rose shrimp now

Literally
>how much SkS/SpS is comfy
Then
>can I meld crit
>if not can I meld DHit
For every job

People may dislike them as far as gearing up goes, but damn, some of the head-and-chest/legs-and-feet pieces still look pretty nice as glam

Attached: ffxiv_03092019_051829_380.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

Are you BLM? If yes then SpS. If no then flip a coin. If it's heads stack as much crit as you can, if it's tails stack as much direct hit as you can.

Steps are a trigger button which prompts two (or four if Technical Step) move buttons to push, picked at random, then executed by pushing the trigger button again

I haven't been in the conversation. Is this that same RDM main who was constantly throwing a tantrum back in the weeks leading up to SHB?

What like, you press it and then go like W A and then press it again? Just an example in case it goes like up and left.

Using the "wrong" materia is probably worth 1-2% of your DPS. In other words don't worry about it, just meld crit or det or DH it literally won't make a difference. 99% of your damage comes from you actually maximizing your uptime.

Dude it’s shit just trust me

balance is unimportant, only fun is important

balance, homogenization and streamlining is fucking ruining the game

>1-2%
Might be the difference between getting a 98/97 and getting a 99.

Probably, his parse autism knows no bounds.

>Fishing is the only job that doesnt make money
*raughs in aethersand*

someone who "needs" a materia guide isn't hitting 97s

That percentage adds up that’s why food and pots are also relevant if you want to parsetranny correctly

I WANT TO COMMIT A CRIME

Attached: EB4yoGVUwAAGKZ3.jpg (900x1200, 131K)

So what exactly is wrong with SMN now other than pet actions getting eaten up without going off now?

Is NIN getting out of the shed bros.....I miss trick attack....

That’s a huge fucking problem especially when Bahamut is most of your burst damage lmao. Animations clipping/not registering at all, DoTs not lining up, Wyrmtrance got worse, devotion got “buffed”, Ruin spam is even more boring than Fire IV. I can go on but seriously I apparently fucking hate myself for maining this shit enough to be orange right now

F4 isn't even boring though, getting to constsntly shit out tens of thousands in damage is its own reward.

Having played all three roles i feel like DPS not AoEing is the worst, specially when you and the tank/healer have used your cooldowns and by the time they're over the mobs are still only halfway dead.

Attached: 11847025.jpg (520x390, 43K)

>waaaah sentinel isn't worse than the other cooldowns anymore

Attached: 1565080607538.png (1000x1000, 755K)

Make Missionary and Heart of Light reduce all damage instead of just magic that is the dumbest shit

Aren't most raidwides magical anyways?

>>queue up as healer

more like the tank does a multi pull, but doesn't use a single cooldown, ontop of the DPS not using AoE

>verflare/verholy and scorch both guaranteed directcrits when using verflare or verholy triggers a verfire or verstone proc
rate my "save red mage" buff idea

That's actually the opposite of how I feel. Having leveled all tanks to 80, PLD's mitigation feels the weakest by far. It used to be the cooldown king but now the new sheltron feels weak as hell and the job's missing a personal cooldown entirely. And hallowed ground used to feel overpowered but now the cooldown feels so long that it sucks. Holmgang and superbolide are miles better, and TBN is so strong that it sort of makes up for living dead being as shit as it's always been.

That's beside the point though. It's fine for the tanks to not be balanced if it means they actually get to be different from one another.

t. 4.0 DRK main

>waaaah buff these extremely strong skills

> First time I try one of these.
> 3 lines, no reshuffles.
> Too low level to get a gold certificate.
T-thanks.

That's just because all the other tanks got stuff to compete with sheltron and for the most part all those skills are better. The sentinel thing was definitely a buff in almost every case.

Is the modding scene dead now or is everything just behind a shitty paywall now? During Stormblood it seemed like there were multiple releases a day and now I rarely see more than maybe 2-3 a week which is a shame because the base textures in this game are fucking awful.

Kind of assu

>strong
>useless half the time by the arbitrary decision of what is or isn't magical

If they streamlined this much shit already, I cannot understand why they even want to differentiate between physical and magical, let alone try to keep an entire job "the magic tank". Dark Mind is garbage and I hate it. Popping Missionary against incoming raid wide damage only to have it do absolutely nothing feels like shit. What is even the point of differentiating damage types other than forcing you to memorize what type of damage an attack is so that you can say to yourself "two of my cooldowns are completely useless against this"? It isn't fun.

>nerfs
Confirmed for not paying attention to balance patches for the entire history of the game.

They RARELY ever nerf jobs, and prefer to buff the jobs that are underperforming.

>tank has used their cooldowns while you have burned through six aetherflow stacks + the three you get from Dissipation + the freebies from Recitation + the three more from the additional AF cooldown that came up during the pull
>while pressing Art of War nonstop
>nothing is close to dying

Attached: 1562552961156.png (500x383, 102K)

I have no clue what Khloe does, at the end of dungeons i get some message "9/9" and ignore it

Attached: 1539199375281.jpg (688x909, 90K)

PLD and WAR both get damage shields (the best form of damage mitigation) along with PLD also getting another fully party mitigation that also mitigates both physical and magical damage, while GNB and DRK are stuck with just magical damage mitigation. It's dumb.

> Pull entire room as tank.
> One mob did an AoE and is slowly making it's way over.
> DPS single-target damages the fuck out of it, and just stands there soloing it away from the pack.

>love and play XIV all the time
>start taking anti-depressants
>lose all desire to play again

Attached: 1498025367701.jpg (373x347, 19K)

DRK literally has TDN shut the fuck up. GNB also loses on mitigation for having “better” burst damage than the other tanks. Homogenizing them would make them lose their individuality. If everyone is special no one is

Considering just how much DRG and MNK are over performing (especially MNK) just continuing to constantly buff buff buff is going to lead to things spiraling out of control, hell we're halfway there already.

they're bad for not running to you when they have aggro but you're bad for ever dropping aggro in 5.0

>delete scourge
>give it a mandatory cooldown
>give to gnb

Attached: fcb9dcf3749d32816aa95040dc68d1bbb11f3ae2_hq.jpg (576x572, 38K)

their individuality is already lost

Wow that single target shield sure is some baller partywide mitigation, you fucking retard.

He never said anything about losing aggro though

Tank will eventually lose aggro unless they stop AoEing and instead waste a GCD on a single-target attack.

>leveling roulette
>Halatali
>tank insists on giant ass pulls despite no one having any AoE in the party

>start taking anti-depressants
might want to be careful with those bro, friend of mine started taking them a few months ago and the guy is a suicidal wreck without his happy pills

Attached: 1560065908179.png (1300x1126, 1.21M)

>queue for ex roulette
>firing nukes as blm as tank makes bigboi pulls
>spot the nin spamming his single target combos
>aoe never ever
>get to first boss
>Trick Attack never ever
>Shadow fang never ever
>full eden gate gear
>fully melded materia VIII
>kraut
It's a fucking lvl80 duty. I did not even bother to tell him to use his lvl18-52 skills, it's just plain harassment at this point, and he got his ass kicked for harassment.

Attached: 1497895868323.png (1068x1080, 657K)

>tfw we have all these removed skill animations that we will likely never see again ever
its a shame, I really liked Shadowskin's animation, it added some nice flavor to the job, gone now
really wish we could see the return of some of these skills, either in returning skills (unlikely) or job action glams or something

Attached: 1560557248518.png (648x617, 252K)

>FFXIV
>not a single-player game
Jesus christ you're delusional. FFXIV is a Single Player game that Yoshida managed to somehow siphon monthly fees from.

What a small brain.

Raidwides it doesn't work on this tier:
Paradisal Dive (the fucking proximity markers in 1)
Doomvoid Cleaver
Megalith (not even a raidwide but the list was looking kind of sparse)

Yeah. They're useless half the time. Even if they were, having to give the slightest additional thought to your cooldown mapping is sooooo not fun huh?

The only reason i parse outside of raids is to keep an eye on dipshits that do fucking nothing and give them that silent kick. Im not sure if other people are parsing too to agree but it works pretty often.

>grenado shot never ever
>wide volley never ever
>rend mind never ever
>brutal swing never ever
>flaming arrow and shadowflare never ever (but salted earth stays)
Honorable mentions to Low Blow and Delirium for their animations getting gutted because lol role skills cant have impact.
I miss the constant kicking with low blow reset on parry

Attached: 1503273019736.png (1026x704, 179K)

>call out DPS for not using AoE, they're literally doing 5k damage in the twinning
>"bro why are you so toxic"

Attached: 1523726885154.jpg (384x395, 19K)

Estinien, badass Dragoon extraordinaire....cannot ditch two Lalafells:

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/tales_from_the_shadows/

Ill miss the warrior agro combo animations. Storms eye looks like trash

>if I wanted a 30 minute dungeon I would have just queued with thancred

Dont worry user at this rate we'll cut so many abilities that one of the future Expansion features will be the ability to change the attack animation from a set pool depending on the attack type like Conal, Aoe and Single Target.

Please look forward to it

>healing twinning
>large pull after first boss
>notice blm is only spamming fire II
>doesnt even use freeze when swapping to ice
Some people just don't care enough to read even a basic guide for their job

>expert roulette in Akademia as GNB
>paired with a WHM/MCH/BLM
>WHM and MCH are both good
>the BLM on the other hand is a mess
>this faggot is using Fire II
>he's using fucking Blizzard II
>he only rarely does Flare
>doesn't use Thunder
>doesn't use Umbral Soul between pulls
>flounders around between casts
>wanders out of his leylines and doesn't go back in
>see him cast Enochian several times, assuming he's been dropping it
he was a fucking disgrace and it physically hurt watching him

Attached: 1552570609142.png (369x135, 92K)

Imagine getting blackmailed into doing whatever these two lalafell ask

>get lvl70 dungeon in roulette
>tank pulls wall to wall
>blm is spamming Fire I (ONE)
>later realize he never even activated Enochian

Attached: 1558806842829.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

Eno-what?

>get Twinning in Expert (BLM)
>doing standard AOE rotation, double/triple flares with thunder inbetween
>get past first pull
>realize I forgot to pop Enochian

Attached: 1445900214909.png (711x711, 632K)

So why was this removed again? Out of all drg players I spoke to, both pc and console players, they literally just added a second True Thrust on their hotbar at the start of their Chaos Thrust combo.
They axe old skills in the name of hotbar space, and in that same breath they add those 1 hotbar spot for a full combo. The icing on the cake is that Impulse Drive is still present in pvp.

Attached: 72px-Impulse_Drive_Icon.png (72x72, 11K)

so is the wol canon loaded or something

>tank does baby pulls
>healer does 0 dps
>other dps is barely trying
>I give them advice
>"nobody is dying so why do you care"

Attached: dank.jpg (680x677, 76K)

I cry whenever I get Amourant on expert daily or whatever the fuck it’s called because it means at least 2 wipes on the first boss because of retards

>Healing on some omega boss on raid roulette
>Notice im having to work harder on healing
>Later check the logs and the other healer, a SCH, did most of his healing through fucking embrace.
>He spent the entire fight casting broil 2, not even bothering with bio or energy drain
Some people just want to literally AFK and get free shit.

Attached: 1464558672069.jpg (766x960, 80K)

Yes.
>Numerous free sets of equipment.
>Quests that refer to incredibly generous bounties
>Scions' payroll
>Grand Company payroll
>Leves
>DoH/DoL skills
>Retainers that concede finds to them
>Random valuables you find in dungeons/trials/raids
>Room and board in 90% of cases is gratis

>get Amourant in roulette as drk
>parties dies at 1st boss
>end up soloing it
>get to last boss
>parties dies again
>solo it again as drk

Attached: 1525534345327.jpg (255x255, 15K)

True Chad job.

Attached: 1562153280323.png (1920x1080, 3.43M)

>For some reason they're upset at you and you get no commends.

meanwhile, in ex roulette...

I think fflogs is glitching out, for some reason the log thinks the dungeon only lsted 6 and a half minutes

Attached: wat.jpg (1477x172, 44K)

Me

Attached: 1567534534663.png (481x480, 718K)

It's insulting to think you'd even need a guide to figure out stuff like "hmm, Flare does a ton of damage but bottoms out my MP, I wonder what I need to do to USE THIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE?"

Literally me.

Impulse Drive didn't really do anything? It was just a starter for the Chaos combo. Disembowel buffs you and Chaos Thrust puts up a DoT, while Vorpal and Full Thrust just outright hit harder, but Impulse Drive didn't really do anything. I think it had slightly more potency than True Thrust, but that was about it.

It just doesn't seem necessary to have two combo start buttons when the combo doesn't really differentiate until the second hit. If Impulse Drive had had some kind of effect it might have been different, but it was just a mildly harder True Thrust. They even buffed True Thrust to compensate for getting rid of it.

Really, Impulse Drive and True Thrust weren't really that different (like 40 potency,) and by buffing True Thrust and axing Impulse Drive we get to save a button for our hotbars and get a potency buff.

>queue up as a healer
>DPS are slowly killing themselves to hit their positions because the boss dropped an AoE puddle on the ground and the tank won't move the boss to somewhere that's safe for everyone

Attached: 1564129302430.png (404x469, 279K)

Fair enough, still sad to see old animation go away.

*pops Bloodbath
>healers adjust

Impulse Drive didn't really have a reason to exist.
>Out of all drg players I spoke to, both pc and console players, they literally just added a second True Thrust on their hotbar at the start of their Chaos Thrust combo.
I mean, I know some SAM players that had did the same for their combos but I don't think they should get 1-2 extra combo starters because of it

Does anyone actually like the ugly shoeslipper mount from titan? its only saving grace is being a rare second 4seater, but you cant really afk in Eulmore with it so whats the point

Attached: 1567454568489.jpg (500x379, 58K)

I kinda like it

Yeah, losing old animations is always kinda sad. But some skills don't add anything other than bloat.

No, but dabbing on people by carrying your video game wife around hunt trains and map parties while they're all sitting in empty regalias can't be passed up

Bragging Rights/Completionists. It's also the only 4 seater mount obtainable since you can't get the Regalia anymore, which may come in handy for the next Eureka soon.

>they literally just added a second True Thrust on their hotbar at the start of their Chaos Thrust combo
That's just them being too lazy to spend 5 minutes relearning their muscle memory.

why a fucking au ra though?
I mean, if you are going to take their name and dress like em, might as well go all the way instead of half assing it

I don't know fflogs in dungeons well enough to say what's a bug and what isn't. Which brings us to what the fuck are you doing uploading a dungeon parse?

NA ROO TOE

I FEEL GAY

this is more edgy

>Raen
>edgy
go back and try again

Maybe this manlet wanted to be taller

anyone tried buying mogstation items from eBay? do you get banned for doing so? they got stuff cheaper than the SE store and over a thousand positive reviews.

You can get banned for it, but they have been incompetent at doing so

Chad Solus zos Galvus
Virgin אמת–סלח (emet-selaḥ).

Attached: Ffxiv-solus-zos-galvus.png (482x799, 487K)

>Krile can aesthetically bloodhound anyone with her Echo

This seems like an incredibly underutilized ability

What was your response? Did you instantly freeze up, leave the party and make that post?

Oh so this explains the scene after the first dungeon in ShB

Is there something wrong with parsing dungeons?

She's been using it in both HW and SB at that witch's place to locate souls

I mean, if you just have your meter there I can understand. A lot of people have the meter on at all times. But actually going out and uploading the parse to the website? That's kinda weird yeah.

Uploading the parses of them is a joke. Nobody fucking competes for dungeon parses.

That's a self fulfilling prophecy

gay retard

I only now realized that I need a BLM version of that pic.

Attached: vivifira.gif (600x600, 315K)

gray retard

Zoe you stupid fucking bitch. You’re really going to “lmao” at me for using limit break when your ass is dead? Really? lmao why aren’t you alive helping me heal these fucking idiots? God damn I hate your guts. I wish death upon your family for generations to come. FUCK YOU! PIG SLUT FUCKING WHORE! FUCK YOU!

Attached: 565F08C0-1442-4A88-AB99-E38B53536B94.gif (289x214, 1.98M)

Dungeons, yeah, kinda. Nobody really cares if you're not going 100% in a casual dungeon. As long as you're broadly doing the right stuff and don't cause the group to wipe, or slow down the dungeon excessively, it's whatever.

So it's bad to try to do very well because most other people don't?
Interesting perspective

Trying to do well and uploading and dickwagging a roulette dungeon are two different things

It's a little pointless. I mean, people are just there to do their daily shit, and it's not like it's challenging content or anything.
Maybe they'll commend you for it? Beyond that, what's the point? Dungeon performance has little weight on savage raid performance.

stay mad faggot

You should parse dungeons but I don't see the point of uploading them

there's even less point to getting triggered by someone uploading dungeons. I like to see the numbers. Deal with it bitch

You can do well. A lot of people have more fun when they're playing optimally as opposed to braindead slogging because "it's just a dungeon lmao". But playing well and actually uplolading a dungeon parse to fflogs are not the same thing.

Whether you "actually upload a dungeon parse to fflogs" or not is a retarded fucking thing to make a big deal about. Stop crying.

>is there something wrong with it?
>people answer the question by telling him what's wrong with it
>LOL TRIGGERED MUCH?

Attached: defending against Firmino.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Who's getting triggered? its just pointless because nobody look or care

I'm not the guy who asked if something was wrong with it. That was someone else. I don't frankly give a flying fuck what you or anyone else thinks about it.

Why do you think everything has to be uploaded for other people to care about? That's a you problem, not a me problem.

Eh, if you want your easy oranges for the dopamine boost

Press it and press 1/2/3/4 then press it again

How is that any better than press 1/2/3 then press mudra?

That's a question for the devs, not me. I like mudras as they are, clipping and all; stopping to slam out a mudra like DNC with steps would be like every mudra being a Ten Chi Jin that you can move in.

I made it as question for the people saying how much better it would be if it worked as DNC. I just assumed you were one of them.

Are the fragments of the source different universes altogether or are they planets scattered around the same universe? When they say Omega came from a different star they don't mean a different shard, right?

They are planets but in different universes. In other words, each shard is a planet, but not in the same universe. You can't go to other shards by space travelling with a ship from the source.

Different universes. Omega and Midgardsormr came from and impossibly long distance within the same universe, Ishgardian astrology tracks Nidhogg's horde by the Dragon Star, Midgardsormr's planet, which the Dravanians use as a North Star for guidance.