CDPR game got downgraded again

>CDPR game got downgraded again
Bros I thought they were supposed to be /ourguys/

Attached: 1567348546316.jpg (1151x1299, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ecgdwhc8gkw
youtube.com/watch?v=xAlG2HocGfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh no they changed the ice

Cdpr are honestly some of the most bafflingly incompetent dems I've ever seen in regards to pre release material. Like, there would be little to no controversy about downgrading or content being cut if they didnt announce their games seven fucking years ahead of the release. They did the same fucking thing with tw3 and even highlighted graphical features in a separate conference, just to downgrade the game to high hell the next year. Western devil's "hype" culture is fuckibg cancer and has virtually no purpose other than to secure preorders and piss off people who give even a modicum of shit about their game.

At least CDPR's review embargo is more than fair. I think Witcher 3's embargo lifted two weeks before the launch.

why can't they make a skyscraper that's taller than what we have in medium sized cities right now?

what I despised about the W3 promotional material is that scene of oy gevalt slowly going towards a burning village that had some amazing smoke and fire effects.

of course, the scene didn't even make it in the final fucking game

Having those around would make the sun hard to see.

also to further add insult to injury, in the baron quest where the stable catches on fire the effects are horrendous quality

kek

fucking fallout 4 had taller skyscrapers and that game engine is beyond shite

>tfw modern day is more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077

ok what am i supposed to see here

above image showing game during sunrise or sunset
below image showing game during daytime
sun-complaining faggots are still around and cry over everything, nothing new

The captions.

It's gonna be everyday with this shit huh? You guys have an A-log level of obsession with this game. inb4 seethe, dialate, etc. etc.

Attached: 1567474214220.png (600x815, 272K)

IT KEEPS LOOKING LIKE GTAV

seethe, dialate, etc. etc.

>downgraded
Fake news, game shown wasn’t pc build, digital foundry just posted a video about it

why are the buildings so small

that was explained seconds before ops captions
other areas is night city will have taller high rises and more megabuildings

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1627, 653K)

perspective i guess

Why does it look like District 9?

They used the same excuse for Witcher 3

none of the buildings in the trailers are tall

>Spend their Witcher 3 profits on a Keanu Reeves cameo

Attached: DCSeWakUMAASEKU.jpg (900x1200, 156K)

>Fake news, game shown wasn’t pc build,
LOL!
they confirmed they were running it on a Geforce GTX 2080 Ti, you braindamaged CDPR fandrone. That's what a $1000 will give you.

Attached: Kurwajunk 2077.jpg (1917x2154, 2.08M)

you know, I think that's actually pretty clever marketing, but you just know it will in turn make them lazy and over rely on their hollywood marketing instead of making the game impressive

Cope.

Attached: 1537343872678.webm (978x1078, 446K)

That's actually not true, CDPR stated that the recent demo was running on a PC.

where can i download the deep dive video?
youtube can downgrade the quality a lot

>says "fake news" before spreading fake news
CDPR drones are this retarded

All those look indentical asset and shading wise, just tiny light location changes.
bath light above then inside, second from behind to in front of character, third one look plain up identical outside if the 2 lamps being on/off, and last 2 are the same with th player just standing in different places.

Youtube compression doesn't work the way you think it does, moron. Also both images come from youtube.

>ignores the lighting, textures, and LOD differences
>they look the same!
Absolute cope.

The W3 downgrade was real but this is pretty nitpicky, wait until they show the actual downgrade which I'm sure they will shortly before release. Notice how they're still using the huge "WORK IN PROGRESS" watermark. That means it's going to keep looking worse.

I’d trust digital foundry over you faggots

>game looks like Doom 3
>requires a $1000 grafix card to run at silky smooth 30 fps

>where's the gameplay CDPR, huh? huh??
>"it's not done yet"
>*private gameplay demo for journos at E3*
>now you have gameplay, show us, show usssss
>"no, it's a work in progress, we don't want to set unrealistic expectations"
>SHOW USS THE GAMEPLAYYY SHOW US SHOW US SHOW US
>"fine, alright, here it is, it's not done yet and it's going to change, and all the footage has this watermark that indicates its state"
>WTFFF IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS TRASH
>*new footage is shown later*
>WHAT THE FUUUUCK THIS LOOKS EVEN WORSE THAN BEFORE FUCK CDPR FOR LYING TO US BUNCH OF DOWNGRADING HACKS REEEEE

Give me every triple A game of the last decade for 1000 Jim!

Attached: 1417908489869.jpg (1920x2160, 716K)

I didn't know Doom 3 was open world

Attached: 1535153160370.jpg (567x561, 57K)

Where did digital foundry say it was console footage? They're reviewing RTX effects in their analysis video you retard.

>cameo
Keanu has the second most lines out of all the characters in the game, only V has more.

compressed actually helps hide poor lighting

This. When they realize that they have to make their game work at an playable framerate on the base Xbox one, that's when the real downgrading will begin.

that's some pretty desperate shilling
software bloating
shilling

have shills ever been this comprehensively blown the fuck out in all Yea Forums history?

Texture look pixel identical and you have no fucking clue what LOD means do you?
How the fuck you gonna spot LOD differences with no wireframe or flat shaded view? Retard.
At lest look up what words mean before you use them.

Fuck off retard, looks like any ps4 game, the hardware is just too old people who expect magic are retarded. Outside of cherry picked images even God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn look dated as fuck.

>worse LOD, worse textures ont he hand, worse textures on computer panel, obtuse lighting on the newest footage
, shittier shadows
>"they look the same, stop nitpicking"
You're either delusional or blind, which wouldn't surprise me if it was coming from an actual drone.

The quality is the exact same, youtube compression doesn't change in game assets, it just makes the video footage shittier, which means nothing if both videos come from youtube and one ends up looking better than the other.

>CDPR drones are now so deluded that they think there are no differences in any of those images
I can't say that i'm surprised.

Attached: 1537014399721.png (1217x717, 942K)

>>worse LOD, worse textures ont he hand, worse textures on computer panel, obtuse lighting on the newest footage
Where you lying fuck. Screengrab and circle it.
Also learn what fucking LOD means, you dumb cunt, stop saying that word it makes 0 fucking sense.

I'm starting to think this is a sly attempt from CDPR shills to undermine actual downgrade complaints, the average person who looks at this will not give a single fuck about these minor changes.

I don't think consumer grade specs were able to run that shit back then. Hell, I doubt a 2080 could run that shit at 60. They did a smart thing by not gating their game like Crytek did with Crysis.

Gotta hand it to you . You got alot of will power . You've been posting the same shit again and again and again and again every single day . Well you're not alone , you got a few other retards helping you out but still . Bravo . Shit , I thought I had no life but you sir are an absolute waste of human ressources .

Its called a normal map you dumb shit, and it wont be visible without angled light source, in bottom left the light is under the leg so it cant lit the above section, in top left the light is at leg level so it highlights the pattern.
Right looks fcking same, again different light location creating different highlights, top top of hand like veins visible, bottom bottom of the hand and you can see wrinkled inside of the palm.

Middle looks identical geometry wise, bottom has glowing ads top has less dense distance fog, both obviously fully dynamic.

Ether way its impossible to even tell which build is older and new one from those screens, you have to know before hand to even tell.

RTX OFF
RTX ON

Attached: I Can't Build There.jpg (426x411, 45K)

Nothin' personnel kid . . .

They said they couldn't tell if the youtube video had rtx or not, but the stage demo definitely did.

CDPR shills MALDING LULW

Because cost rises exponentially with height thus making it financially unviable and not logical in a capitalism society.
Because we are approaching limits of materials they are built of already and its unlikely that something better than concrete that is as cheap and as flexible will come out so soon, and because biotech and IT have barely anything to do with construction.

literally gta6
i am 100% torrenting

KEK

Attached: 83BC9BCD-8E8E-49D2-ACAB-D6B5DF1057C8.jpg (248x189, 18K)

BUT MUH BLADERUNNER

>they're not putting tall buildings in a cyberpunk game because it's not financially viable in real life
imagine being this sperg

>Game running at a cinematic 30fps
>RTX ON!
>Get flip book fps
What a time to be alive.

You know what in development is faggot? Lmao.

gee it's almost like the cyberpunk setting is dystopian and everything is supposed to be shitty under the coat of neon

This thing is literally a more realized version of the world from the original Deus Ex. What is everyones problem with it minus the fact that is daylight in LA?

The texture is different because they used a different resolution for this trailer for whatever reason. Do you even watch the coverage where they explain this shit or just talk out your ass? Lmao, the state of "gaymers" these days.

The last trailer was at a lower resolution you dumb drone. That's why shit looks washed out. Do you even read the coverages or you just speak out your ass? I'm not even buying this game yet I know this shit. How pathetic """gaymers""" on this board are lately.

You can't criticize the game because it clearly says it's NOT how the final product will look

Ofc there is a difference between these two, the bottom has lower resolution leading to the washed out look. It also has aditional light sources beneath the icewater and left of the hand in the third picture. Furthermore there seems to be a difference in render distance in the shot in the middle. While the distand city disappeared there was some volumetric lighting in the streetlamps and billboards/slums added to the foreground.

Resolution differences aren't going to change textures and LOD you fucking retard. Do you not know what resolution is? The fucking trailer was also the same for both videos, you deluded fuck.

It's popular.

There is no difference in LOD only in draw distance and texture resolution is literally fucking impossible to compare with that low resolution.

Do you actually think that in-game lighting and textures get changed just because of a video resolution difference? The only thing that would do is make the video less crisp, it isn't going to change how lighting works you fucking moron. Do you seriously think resolution is the only difference here?

Attached: 1545595810599.png (824x903, 696K)

What's with the screenshot of Grand Theft Auto 5 on the bottom?

Not him but the lighting looks just different, not necessarily worse.

>There is no difference in LOD
There was a difference in LoD last year already, this is just icing on the cake.

Attached: 1563025010332.png (1222x1380, 2.88M)

It certainly gives more illumination to the room but it's worse quality-wise as you can clearly see in the AO as well. Also the DoF looks slightly better in the bottom picture.

lighting can make a word of difference in how good or bad something looks. It's probably the most important factor when creating good graphics.

You want to tell me by 2077 we won't be using Carbon Fiber or Carbon Nanotube or some carbon based super material in construction?

Even if we won't be you could easily add it for a SCI FI GAME.

You're a retard that pretends to know shit. How pathetic lmao. Gtfo

In the three pictures that were compared there is no difference in LOD. LOD meaning the replacement of meshes by lower quality meshes based on distance. A city disapearing completely from being rendered means the render distance was reduced not that the LOD was changed. The cite being replaced by blocky cubes or spriteart is LOD. In your picture you can clearly see that the top looks miles worse due to the fact of it being rendered in realtime I guess? Bottom is far crisper, with better overall lighting almost pre-rendered.

You think resolution is going to change Level of Detail, Draw Distance, Textures, and Lighting, and you have the gall to say that anyone else retarded? Do you even know what resolution is?

This looks like what I imagine modern day india looks like

Bottom was in-engine, confirmed by CDPR themselves but it was an older trailer, so it obviously got downgraded.

>"no, it's a work in progress, we don't want to set unrealistic expectations"
That would imply their first showing looked like a fucking masterpiece.

>There was a difference in LoD last year already, this is just icing on the cake.
This retard will never learn what LOD means.

In-engine doesn't mean realtime...

but the ice bath looks better in the bottom one

India wishes it looked that clean.

I know, i'm just saying that it was shown off as in-engine but wasn't a pre rendered CGI cutscene. It was running on the engine.

You can see that there was obvious LoD issues in the 40 minute demo from last year. And yes, I know what LoD is you moron. As in actual LoD, in which detail on geometry and textures load in on objects depending on distance to the player character. Draw distance is something completely different, i'm aware. People tend to use LoD and DD interchangeably, which I did but I'm actually aware of what it is, and LoD was a thing in the previous demo. If you don't believe me you can just watch the demo again.

The ice is the same, the only difference is that for some reason there's a light at the bottom of the bath, which is weird because there's no light source. Everything else in the top image looks better.

kek

Attached: Sem título.png (1913x1065, 3.06M)

Looks like a PS2 game, what the hell are they thinking? You can't ship garbage like this. Would be better off cancelling it.

This desu.
Pre-release Witcher 3 visuals can't even be achieved with the highest graphics settings and most intensive mods.

>game that got downgraded can't achieve pre-downgrade graphics at highest settings or with some shitty mods that weren't even made with proper mod tools
thanks sherlock

crysis could still run in low end cards though and it was a well coded engine. cdpr's engine is terribly coded. try running tw2 on a low end. you cant.

new digitalfoundry video explained exactly what's wrong, and no, it's not a downgrade.
in short, the video is upscaled 1080p to 4k, not true 4k.
they saw true 4k gameplay in gamescom and it looked much better

>They did a smart thing by not gating their game like Crytek did with Crysis.
>having max settings that require high end PCs is "gating"
retard, if you can't run it lower the settings

>if you can't run it lower the settings
You're retarded the Crysis situation isn't about setting but about devs completely missing the direction hardware was going and creating a game(Crysis) that can't run 60fps on $1k CPU because lo and behold clock speeds aren't important in 2019.

why release footage that looks worse on purpose? and it's not console footage because DF said there's still some raytracing there

Someone at CDPR fucked up the video encoding.

Imagine thinking compromising artistic vision is fine as long as it allows more plebs to access your creation. Crytek got a timeless-looking game out of their decision, while TW3 is already looking dated as fuck, but the 2013 promo footage looks better than anything currently on the market.

>artistic vision
I hope you realize even Crytek couldn't run the game properly during development so much was their faith in upcoming tech. So unless their artistic vision was 1080@30fps you're full of shit.

They weren't aiming for 60fps, nobody gave a fuck about 60fps back then, they were aiming for 30fps on high end hardware and if you couldn't reach it you'd lower the settings. There's nothing "gated" about it.

Their artistic vision was what you see in the game, with the completely valid excuse "you'll be able to run it one day". Can't believe I witnessed the day Yea Forums defended catering to the lowest common denominator/consoles.

Even GTA V looks better than this shit lmao.

DF also said there are screenspace reflections instead of RTX reflections so it's not just video encoding

>spend like a hundred million $ on a game
>let some retarded intern handle video encoding of a huge trailer less than a year before release
yup

>why are the buildings so small
Because the story of the Pacifica area is it went from an economic boom to bust, leaving half-finished construction everywhere.

That said, it's not like they shown stunning skyscrapers in other areas of Night City.

>that sticc leg

Dystopia mean there is probably at least one muslim in every commercial airplane.
No one would put too much money in tall building in such a world.

It looks so boring
I was a bit hyped up by the teaser long time ago, but now it seems like GTA V
I wanted to get into cyberpunk, but I guess I will skip that

lod is a function of resolution. the whole idea of lod is that you want polygons to be discarded if they are likely to cover relatively few pixels

these threads are fucking shit and i hold no hope that this game won't be a boring cinematic shooter

the absolute fucking state of this board

>GTA V
the fashionable thing now is to complain that it's not like GTA V and instead too much like deus ex. get with the times.

Still the best looking openworld
Cry more

It's just so brown and the setting isn't that exotic. I wanted darker tones and neon lights etc. I feel like 2077 is just pandering to more casual audience
And isn't the first Deus ex liked? I remember it having much more contrast and blue-ish colors instead of New York brown

>It's just so brown and the setting isn't that exotic.

That's obviously due to graphical limitations - if they could make Night City look the 2013 teaser they would.
>I feel like 2077 is just pandering to more casual audience

>I-IT'S THE NORMAL MABS!!!11
>I-IT'S Y-YOUTUBE COMPRESSUN!!!11
>T-THE TRAILER PURPOSELY RAN ON LOW DETAILS YOU GUYS!
>I-IT IS RUNNING ON A LOWER RESOLUTION!!11

The mental gymnastics of CDPR drones are bar none. Not even Nin10yearolds are this delusional.

CDPR marketers are fucking geniuses. Not only did they lower the game's resolution to 720p, they also lowered world, texture and geometry details.
AND to top it off, encoded the shown footage at extra shitty low settings, so they could save on overall file size and the upload time to Youtube. They really went balls deep and out of their way to present their upcoming flagship game in its full shining glory.
Fantastic!
Promotions are in order for every single one involved with the game's PR.

Attached: 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 (246x200, 12K)

People just keep bitching about a game that hasn't even been released yet, could just quit the Faggy outrage?

Attached: tenor.png (518x336, 148K)

That's not true, though. MGS V, Far Cry 4, Far Cry 5, and Ass creed Unity all look better.

Attached: Downgrade 2077.jpg (1276x582, 300K)

The resolution of the video isn't going to change in game LoD you fucking moron. Holy fucking shit, you people are actual retards.

>I wanted darker tones and neon lights etc.
you want a utopia of pretty pink and blue lights rather than a highly varied environment. in fact, why would there even be neon lights in 2077? they're already deprecated in 2019. synthwave ruined cyberpunk.

to me this game matches my mental image of snow crash and to a somewhat lesser extent neuromancer. it's ramshackle, diverse, dirty, gang-ridden, drugged up, augmented, high-tech, dystopian, the people are cunts, and it's just generally a shit place and you're probably going to be abducted and your kidneys stolen.

>I feel like 2077 is just pandering to more casual audience
of course, and tw3 was also a load of casual shit as well. it's the gameplay that makes it casual pandering though.

LoD is typically (but not necessarily) a function of screen resolution or more recently of DPI. Depends on the engine.

>Ether way its impossible to even tell which build is older and new one from those screens, you have to know before hand to even tell. Yes, because the older footage with better graphics is newer footage. You absolute state of your logic.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the resolution of the video like CDPR drones have been trying to argue since the thread started.

A video of gameplay can safely be assumed to have been recorded and uploaded at the resolution it was played at. It's a completely reasonable assumption.

Why are you so invested in this shit?

Lmao 20 years of gaming advancements

Games truly are dead.

The only people invested in anything are the people that are deluded enough to defend it nonstop
>at the video it was recorded at
So then it isn't 480p like you fuckers are trying to make it seem, it's 1080p

City looks like Inverness

looks like GTA kino is back on the menu

Kinda funny that more detail and effort was put into the trannies dick on the vending machine then the actual vending machine

youtube.com/watch?v=Ecgdwhc8gkw

How much do you want to bet that console manufacturers are going to pay CDPR to downgrade the game so that it doesn't look like absolute shit in comparison to the PC release?

They did it with Watch Dogs.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAlG2HocGfs

no, I'm saying all this bitching and outrage is getting out of hand, calling downgrade on a game you can even run baka.

Thanks Crowbcat very cool

i dont get this. using a standard cylinder would have been lazier than making this lowpoly mess and wouldn't affect the performance in the slightest even if you were to spawn thousands. Like what are they trying to accomplish here? Optimize by removing maybe 200~100 tri's from the scene? Make the physics calculation less heavy?

And yet somehow Lady Gaga wanted more than him. She probably put too many zeroes behind her singing for the game for CDPR to feel comfortable with paying

>we've only had demonstrations of areas that are lower income, run down, deprecated, part and parcel of things like what was seen and explored in lots of Cyberpunk fiction
>everyone thinks that Cyberpunk is ONLY what synthwave aesthetics looks like, forgetting that the shiny veneer is on the inside of the city, not on the fringes

That shit will be there too, replete with skyscrapers and high rises and fancy clean futuristic shit all over the place. Even fucking Blade Runner had this shit, the abandoned apartments didn't look like the corporate pyramids, did they? I hate this board.

Why would they only show off those areas in what is our first look at the game? Wouldn't it be in their own interest to show whatever they have that's closest to the 2013 trailer? Why purposefully show only the worst looking parts?

The game is unfinished.

Because they don't want to spoil the big show off stuff? Why would they? Most game demos don't place at mid/late game, that would defeat the purpose of the climb to get there. Also, to demonstrate that Night City is place where shitty things happen, that has a scummy underside so you don't forget that while you're staring at the giant digital billboards.

This reminds me of the remastered mode in BDO. I think the graphics are the same but the presentation ones were with a fully suited up ReShade FX's or something.