Some people unironically think this game has better writing and story than NieR Automata

>Some people unironically think this game has better writing and story than NieR Automata
>When the protagonist is literally fucking silent/doesn't have a personality
Can someone explain the reasoning behind this? Is it just deluded fanboys or is the story genuinely THIS good?

Attached: Astral-Chain_2019_05-15-19_Artwork.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-o_oF97twg
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/NieR Automata - Dodging.webm/
youtu.be/_olp-T5hRSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's because nier isn't as well written or deep as you thought it was

>Marie's boob physics
Nintendo...

no one thinks the story is better, they think everything else is better

They’re two different franchises with different priorities. Nier has always had yoko taro write well for it (and for drakengard as well, so the series lore / style is more developed than a literal new IP). Astral chain focused way more on a new aesthetic and gameplay hooks. This clears up the way to refine the mechanics and scoring, and probably focus on story in later iterations.
You can be not poor and be able to play both, and thus not salty at one or the other for existing

I have not seen a single post defending the plot of Astral Chain

Why not just enjoy both faggot?

>it's a "OP makes shit up to get a thread going" episode

Attached: 1567358096178.png (754x913, 258K)

I think astral chain is gonna develop more on gameplay and style and less around something like taro’s writing.

Imagine thinking Autonata had good writing
Dumb zoomer

Different games are good for different reasons. How hard is this to understand?

Based contrarian

What’s a game with good writing?

Only good thing about Automata is story. Bayo and Astral Chain have far superior combat than Automata.

based highschool dropout

nier automata has better
combat
music
writing
world/lore

just a better game overall

but astral chain is still a good game

None

Yea Forums is a nintendo board

Nier is terrible storytelling 101
There's not a hint of subtlety.
The "deep philosophical ramifications" are just generic stoner shit from Joe Rogan.
Characters literally just say what they're thinking instead of showing it through action.
Dialogue is terrible.

It doesn’t have better story and writing, it has better characters than just the main 3 Nier cycles through.

Also the gameplay specifically is miles better
We can like both fuckaroni and cheese, the fact that you made this thread forcing a comparison is uneeded

Automata has good combat with good combo potential. I do agree that astral chain has better tools overall since it’s a pure action game rather than an RPG hybrid, but automata has some great combos that makes playing the game fun while exploring / going through the story.

I feel at this point “automata has bad combat” is a meme. Its problems are difficulty scaling and potential, but none of these are nearly *as bad* as it sounds like on Yea Forums. Bayo is fun too, but having a set string list vs. DMC creative strings paints it in a negative light comparatively but not enough that Bayo is no longer fun..

Attached: F14BE553-A530-4AAB-9FBF-7DCB47383779.png (500x500, 247K)

I disagree though. Ultima 4 has good writing.
>hurr durr no game has good writing
I should expand “writing” to narrative since video games have a lot of interesting nontraditional storytelling methods but I’m sure you’re just shitposting

>characters just speak what they’re saying
Based, clearly hasn’t played the game. The core conflicts in the game are based in a lack of information / communication among the main characters

SWITCH CHADS IN THE HOOOOUUUUSE TONIIIIIIGHT

>final boss is Star Platinum
>you rapid punch his ass into oblivion

Attached: 1561637138550.jpg (600x412, 50K)

>Automata has good combat

Attached: NieR Automata - Dodging.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

youtube.com/watch?v=X-o_oF97twg
UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS UZILESS

2B didin't have a personality, she was a soulless machine only design to kill 9s who was designed to simulate an evolving personality only A2 got a personality in nier autismo

arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/NieR Automata - Dodging.webm/
Holy FUCK take pills

This.

Nobody is saying it has better story and writing. The story in Astral Chain is serviceable, and not the focus of the game unlike Nier. The gameplay though is much better than Nier’s, and I’d say the visuals are too.
Both are great games, but while I was very invested in Nier’s story and world building, I’m having much more fun playing Astral Chain.

do you smell your own farts?

>Communication between = show, not tell storytelling.
Know how I know you've never read a book?

No. Do you?

This.

Eh, I’ll defend it. It was fine. I liked most of the Neuron cast and it hit the right story beats with a couple of twists. You can do worse than ripping off Eva.

Wait. Does smelling your own farts cause brain damage or something?

I liked the characters a lot more than NierA's
My issue with Nier's story is that it's arguably the most shallow of YokoTaro's stories, it presents some philosophical ideas but it never really dives that deep into most of them. It does deal a lot with psycho-sexual aspects which I thought were cool but the majority of the existentialist themes were pretty surface-level beyond that.
I wouldn't say Astral Chain's story is better as much as it's more enjoyable

Astral Chain is kind an action RPG too isnt it

I wanna hug maries big fat tits so bad

fpbp

Astral Chain is more of an RPG than Automata. And more of an action game too. Also Automata was 66% Asteroids.

This.

>Combat
Nope. Astral Chain doesn't have the deepest mechanics but at least the enemies were aggressive and diverse.

People who like anime think that anime style writing is high art, no matter how bad it is. This games dialogue is embarassing, like if someone who didnt play videogames saw you playing this you would be embarassed, anime fans really dont see what this shit looks like. Gameplay is alright though.

Depth has little correlation with quality of the combat.

that's like saying monetary value has little correlation with actual value but we don't really have another good measure for value of a product.

I minored in English Lit if that means anything to you. I spent a lot of time reading books

Bloodborne has a very simplistic combat system, but its overall combat is leagues above any Platinum game because of things like feel, sound design, encounter design, enemy design, and animations.

Laughable when most of these faggots never even played Nier/Automata.

souls games combat is by no means simplistic, enemies have hitzones, weaknesses, you have iframes, enemies have vulnerability windows, there's elemental damage, magic, there's hitbox data and frame data.

NieR's combat is much more simplistic because of the things listed above, many of them nier does not have.

What were they teaching over there? That inter-cast communication was the same as the cardinal rule of diction? Where the fuck did you get your minor?

>souls games combat is by no means simplistic,
It is. That's the entire point of the combat.

it's not an accessible kind of game though

It is, though.

are you retarded

Drakengard
it actualy talks about HUMAN problems and not robots

No.

you are, though

/thread

Everyone's played it, it's honestly not that great but you can continue to think it's something only you played

>Best game of all time
>Not that great

>30 FPS cinematic experience
>"best game of all time"

Attached: 1566630655262.jpg (600x771, 70K)

Ghost Trick

Cope.

Attached: NieR Automata Combo.webm (720x480, 2.92M)

MInecraft Story Mode

>mfw just unlocked the raven suit

Attached: ultraman.jpg (798x420, 24K)

>Died to that gorilla nigga with the shield minion in File 3

Attached: BowserCry.gif (500x480, 42K)

>all that to kill 1 trash mob that you see repeated 1000 times in normal gameplay

>mashing X and standing in one spot while cinematic animations play out
Yeah, that kinda proves my point.

I wish I liked Automata even a tiny fraction as much as you weirdos did. I was so hyped, and so let down.

Nincels think Ninty games are better than games on other platforms. Shocker.

I just finished file 4...

this is just evangelion isn't it? Yoseph even pushed up his glasses with his finger after talking to the invisible council. He's gonna turn your sister into an eva right?

What do you mean by cinematic?

Cause I only got a switch

You definitely are if you think Souls games are not accessible.

>Always forget about at least one of my abilities in every fight
Fuck

>doing stealth mission with 9s
>pick up IRIS OS voice
>sounds like 2b
Is this actually 2b's voice?

Attached: 1561139263957.png (900x844, 274K)

>tfw no smug brown Christmas cake to arrest you

Attached: 76A2704C-CDE4-4346-9F37-D725AA75AF57.jpg (372x393, 49K)

It is. Game director worked on Automata after all.

Astral Chain overall might be a better game. I really love Nier but this extra fanservice with an already solid game really takes it over the top.

Attached: 1559480486990.jpg (777x1087, 575K)

Lol based user delivering the truth about Nier

>keep playing past chapter 2 bro the game totally changes it's not clunky or mashy or unpolished at all!
>get to where your full combo unlocks and you get slash/jump/sync
>camera is still fucked, dodging is still trash, characters are still boring, chain jumps randomly drift or smack into crystals, combat is still mashy
You people fucking lied to me

Attached: d4j5291-612e1041-7112-42a4-b1bf-eede5bc76862.png (800x598, 581K)

>dodging is still trash
so you want baby nier and bayonetta dodge mechanics?

Sure. Here you go:

Attached: Story.jpg (970x2128, 953K)

If you're gonna set up dodge and perfect dodge then execute them well. Why the fuck would you have a perfect dodge mechanic tied to a dodge without i-frames on its startup? That's retarded.

Dodge is so useless and delayed with so few i-frames that it's better to not even bother with it at all and just use perfect call instead.

RE had a good story, until CV jumped the shark.

>combat
Hooooooooooooly shit the cope is strong. You've got to be deep - DEEP - in fucking denial and lost in lala land if you think Nier has better combat or good combat period.

File 12 missions are fucking awesome

>Some people unironically think this game has better writing and story than NieR Automata
Yeah, I do. Nier: Automata is about as well written as the average MGS game which is terrible.

Based.

Read a fucking book and stop pretending your sex robot simulator is anything other than weeb garbage for perverts.

you have to dodge outside the attack. if you dodge inside you will get hit.

Also there are moves that you can't use perfect dodge, but you can use perfect call.

I think the issue is that people are confusing good world building with good writing. Writing encompasses dialogue, pacing, lore, setting, everything to do with storytelling. Automata has some clunky dialogue, which isn't surprising since it's a Japanese game, and it has pacing issues where - and this is very much a Yoko Taro thing - the game will screech to a halt to dump critical information via plain text against a plain background. The setting is interesting, as is the premise, and that's what hooked peoplex but the dialogue leaves a lot to be desired.

Witcher games for the most part, Thronebreaker and 2 especially.
Firewatch
Dragon Quest 11 (yes DQ11 is one of the better shonens and the story can stand on its own)
RDR2
Last of Us
Uncharted 2
Max Payne 3
L.A. Noire (probably the best dialogue ever in any game, it's excellent even for a top tier TV show although it has plotting issues)
nuWolfenstein as much as incels hate it
Tales from the Borderlands is a competent comedy game, one of the few

Naturally this is all down to taste and can vary wildly. Undertale can definitely be considered a well written game even though it has an unusual and simplistic style.

It's way easier to just list badly written games which are shit like Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn, Octopath Traveler, Persona 5 etc. Stuff that is obvious to everyone.

I'll give you music. Writing is up for debate, I can definitely see some perverted niggers thinking Nier is profound especially if all they consume is anime.

Combat is way worse than Astral Chain. This is completely objective and you're just biased since you aren't playing as a sex robot in this one.

World is garbage compared to AC. Completely lifeless and drab. There is no content nor interactions that are as good as AC.

Well, the jargon we use is inefficient and confusing, I agree. Nier might have a more interesting video game story hiding beneath but only the people who like everything else are going to see it. The rest will just see a sex robot running around in an abandoned Russian city.

The problem starts when these utter fools start thinking their game is somehow more profound than the rest, when in fact it is not.

And they worship Yoko Taro as a genius auteur just to validate themselves in liking that trash. It's the same thing as the Kojima cult - a bunch of weeaboos who would otherwise be ashamed of liking the crap that is MGS rallying behind this fool and trying to lift him up to make their games look more profound.

>Astral Chain sidequest
>some dude's girlfriend gets sucked into another dimension
>track down the portal, head inside, and fight a unique boss that doesn't appear elsewhere
>ranking contributes to overall chapter rank
>Nier Automata sidequest
>collect 15 thingies randomly dropped by robots in the desert
I wonder which game is better, hmm...

>Cherrypicking literal sidequests

>Story
>Writing
It's a platinum game, retard. We like it because it's cuhrayzee and fun.

can someone sell me on this game? i'm on the fence of buying this or three houses

what do you value more?
Lenght or mechanics?

I just started playing this morning. I gotta say, I had a really bad first impression from the second chapter, since I switched to PSt right away and got extremely salty at how the game chucks you into the deep end without giving you a proper understanding of the mechanics. Just one training mission (that you can accidentally lock yourself out of like I did), a miniboss, two mob battles that are over in seconds, and a tough boss fight to completely stumble through. And so many of your abilities are locked at that point that it's insane- it's not like playing Devil May Cry without the Devil Trigger, it's like playing without the fucking lock-on.

My opinion has dramatically improved now that I have access to upgrades and had enough time to digest the way the game actually works. I just wish Chapters 1 and 2 had been a bit of a slower burn.

>cherrypicking

Attached: Difference between sidequests in WRPGs and JRPGs.jpg (2000x1328, 474K)

You can pick whatever you want, AC does it better.

Future cop meets cyber pokemon X bayo/dmc

Astral Chain actually has competent writing. A first for Platinum.

Do you want a fun action game or a turn based strategy game with social mechanics?

Alright, I pick writing, metascore and critical acclaim in general. Whoops, guess NieR Automata won.

Attached: Astral Chain Combo.webm (896x504, 2.92M)

wait till later.
There are so much shit in this game that now i understand why they did chapter 1 and 2 that slow.

If you want a decent if easy SRPG crossed with Persona get Fire Emblem
If you want a good action game get Bayonetta 2

If you want Nier Automata with worse dodging and a boring cliche animu world get Astral Chain

>Wanting the game to spoonfeed mechanics to you

Attached: Purge.jpg (176x285, 21K)

>If you want a good action game get Bayonetta 2
Good bait.

Attached: Quality Bayonetta 2 Game Design.webm (640x360, 2.15M)

>story
Who knows, EOPs played a completely different game than I did after all.

I was watching my sister play the game in English, (the English dub work is fucking atrocious by the way, why does Max sound like he's 20?) and even from just 5 minutes I noticed some bizarre inconsistencies.

Take this shit from the intro fight where you get your Legion:
>Jin: On top of all that, it's got memo-taking apps, navigational aids, you name it. I've got solitaire on mine. It's really good.
>ジン:レガトゥスは、警察手帳のようなもので様々な機能を持っている。例えば。。。

Are translators paid based on how much they can arbitrarily change to add "humor" or something?

Uhhhhh
Is this like Yakuza threads where people post bad gameplay ironically

I watched some panel Yoko Taro held where he explained his approach to storytelling. The gist is that he writes the ending first, and works his way backwards. He came up with this strategy because he admitted that he didn't know much about writing when he started out and this was the method that came to mind, and he was shocked that most writers don't follow the same method.

I can see that process at work in his games, mostly because he's great at developing twists, but not so much meaningful relationships or conversations. And that backwards approach explains why. He pigeonholes himself into major events that occur, and then writes a path that leads to them, rather than writing a path and seeing where it naturally winds up. The result is plenty of twists, some contrived, and conversations that feel stilted and awkward. I think the cast being comprised of androids and robots is very appropriate in that regard.

i cant tell what the fuck is going on

They're only popular because they are "hard". That's the whole meme. It was normie's first "hard" game, only reason why people play them. To say "I beat dark souls!". That's why so many hard games are called the "dark souls of x".
Aside from the perceived difficulty they are all very shitty games for virgins who have too much free time.

It lost heavily on the writing department, had a 1 point win in Metascore but a 1 point lower user score and even lower averages when all platforms get taken into consideration.

Astral Chain > Nier: Automata
That's now objective truth. Go back to watching Evangelion and replaying MGS games. And don't ever read a book, god forbid.

I'm not a minor, I am 28

>"Go back to watching Evangelion"
>while defending Astral Chain
user...

>had a 1 point win in Metascore
The only thing that matters.
>userscore
lmfao
>That's now objective truth
According to who exactly? Your opinion is irrelevant you fucking loser.

Attached: D4xLZCZW0AE3znz.jpg (1080x1080, 376K)

Dark Souls is unironically the best game of all time, though.

completed ending E last night, have to agree with you. it’s a good game though

No, that's Minecraft

I don't want to be spoonfed, I just wanted the chance to actually try out the mechanics as I learned them. Shit, I went into that first major boss fight without knowing that healing items had an activation window and kept forgetting which button fucking dodged. Even Wonderful 101 gave you more time to get used to the mechanics before ramping up.

>the webm that destroyed nierbabies

There are plenty of different ways to write a story. Tarantino wrote the ending of Once upon a time in Hollywood and then figured his way to the start. The result is the most character driven story he wrote in a long time, with very little of his usual contrivances. But everyone has their own way of looking at stories. The Last of Us had an extremely predictable and overdone, rigid plot yet people think it's a character driven story simply because it has good characters.

I never did figure out what's so good about Yoko Taro or Kojima stories. They never had a character in their game that isn't either solely a plot device or a badly placed self insert. It's just a bunch of random shit that you have to piece yourself just to figure out they were a bit sad once.

Game is super unpolished and simplistic, controls are unresponsive, graphics are eye cancer (especially in the astral plane), and the story is the most generic animu shit imaginable. It lacks any of the tongue-in-cheek charm and levity of Platinum's previous titles and looks to only be good for one miserable playthrough

Anyone who loved Automata or likes to just play through a Plat game once will find it ok. Collection autists will have a blast. Those who love to SSS/Pure Plat action games will be left wanting.

Music is forgettable and the dub is atrocious

5/10 even Korra was better

I don't play it and pretend the story is some profound shit. I read books, nigger.

Majora
Sparse but powerful

Is this video

youtu.be/_olp-T5hRSs

a good depiction of high level playing in Astral Chain? It feels kinda automated and spammy there. I might get the game tonight along with Torchlight II, but I’m worried I won’t find good combat / replayability with Astral Chain

Which metacritic user review did you copy paste that from?

post HENSHIN!

>plays video game
>expects top tier writing

lol what a shit game

Do not get Astral Chain if you want replayability. It is not a game like W101 or Bayo or DMC where the combat is the meat and you can climb through lots of difficulties.

I wouldn't have believed P* made it if their logo wasn't on the box

Retardation goes both ways, some people unironically think Automata is a "masterpiece". These very same people also just so happened to have never played any of Taro's previous games.

I think you can skip most of the detective shit on your second attempt at levels.

Yea Forums actually made me forget how Nier looked with all their spamming about how amazing it looks.
I completely forgot that it had a really flat look due to engine limitations.

Attached: EDkPuZZXUAMkELY.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Damn, I had tons of fun replaying W101 and I was hoping it would be like that, with tons of unlockables in subsequent playthroughs

it's easy.

he did a circle+zr > howl skill (stun enemies) > zr when enemy is stunned > Synch attack (zl) > A

Is not even complex.

yes, completion for blue cases is only tracked once, not for each difficulty. So you can skip them the second time unless they are mandatory.

Also I'm curious if ultimate enemies are actually harder or if it's really just no revives+ you take damage when your legion does.

This.

Master chief is a good enough character for his story. He doesn't need to be as deep as some other game's character
I don't get why we can't compare and contrast games based on how well they handle each individual aspect in their enirety

I’m gonna guess it was localized in part or full by the faggots at Treehouse.

You can't be killing the thread in the 1st post.

Me too, user. Me too.

>spam evade
>don't get hit
>this is supposed to be a bad thing

> raven armor doesn't make your chain red
> raven armor isn't helmetless
> raven armor doesn't change hair red instead of blue

i hope updates will patch this in

Not really? Getting high ranks in this game isn't really the same as Bayo or DMC or other platinum games.
speed and perfect health don't matter as much as style and variety

TWEWY

I disagree on everything save for writing
I find that AC's gameplay is a lot more involved than NieRA's, and the music is more my personal preference with more variety
The world and lore is debatable though, NieRA put's a lot of effort towards that but the Ark and world of AStral Chain is pretty good too.

We really don't know yet, but he's not trash neither.
He gives good ideas, like comboing enemies with the bow.

>nintendo platinum games
>limited dodges
>multiplat platinum games
>skill-less unlimited dodging

nigga, there are unlockables and there is replayability. You can go back to previous cases and play the section you want and end it anytime you want.

Nier wasn't so bad from what I remember, but this shit was Fates tier, so you're probably right.

The story is pretty generic and I never see anyone talking about it desu. I think you've made up a boogerman in your head

Attached: EDkPua2XoBMZh8P.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

I'm on File 4, trying to catch the runaway cat. I picked up the nearby can, did I fuck up or can I still catch the cat?

You cant spam evade in other Platinum games, including Astral Chain

you cant spam evade in astral chain.

AC has replayability you tard holy shit. You arent unlocking all skills on your first go. Theres Ultimate difficulty as well, and postgame files.

Wrong.

This is a good 7.5/10 game, not the masterpiece of pos people keep memeing it to be

Just equip it and drop it, you idiot.

No one has called it a masterpiece.

How did you gain access to ultimate difficulty on your first way through each level?

People keep raving about File 6. I don't understand why. That's the point in the game where I began to rethink my stance on the Investigation scenes. That shit dragged on wayyy too long.

Calm down user, no need to get so hostile.

You've missed the many threads about Astral Chain then. Including this morning when the OP was calling it one.

Just for reference, having Bayonetta 1 as a 10 and TMNT as a 0, with Nier Automata and Transformers as 7s, what would you rate Astral Chain?

7 or 8, not their best but better than their B Team games by a mile

It needs more polish, the camera and sluggish controls feel awkward for a plat game

This IS a b team game
The director and designer did Korra and Nier

Who said this? I thought everyone just agreed it was more fun.
Based.

Great game, story is overrated indeed. hur the existentialist robot going thorugh the process of turning ubermensch passing through nihilism is called nietzsche dur

The NieR Automata characters don't have a personality either, except for some side characters
Based

Pirate version when?
I have seen literally nothing about this game until today and wanna see what it's about and if it's worth buying.

holy fucking based

The pirate version was available like 3 days before the fucking game came out, you retard.

This is how I would rank it overall, not just on combo potential. Story is AC's weakest part by far.
>GOD TIER
W101
Bayonetta
Vanquish
>GREAT TIER
Automata
Astral Chain
Transformers
Bayonetta 2
>GOOD TIER
MGR
Mad World
>MEH TIER
Korra
Anarchy Reigns
>BAD TIER
TMNT
>NO ONE PLAYED THIS TIER
Infinite Space

I played Infinite Space. it wasn't very good.

Vanquish is awful

I played Infinite Space. There's a reason no one talks about it - it sucks. I don't want to be hyperbolic, but it's a truly forgettable game that deserves to be forgotten. You have not seen repetitive, shallow combat from Platinum until you played Infinite Space. I don't even think they developed it, or at least they weren't the sole developer.

The entire game involves visiting the same location, usually a bar, 10 times until you get the cutscene you need to proceed. Then you literally play space tug of war for every battle, praying that you beat the opponent in rock paper scissors, and then get lucky enough for your shots to hit. Play connect the dots with planets because the game does not let you skip connecting planets when travelling, and repeat. It takes some serious patience to see it through to the end. I don't think anyone has ever beaten it. I don't see how you could.

astral chain is the first platinum game i've played god hand doesnt count and im really loving it and wishing i'd gotten into them sooner. would it be better to go straight into devil may cry, or bayonetta? maybe viewtiful joe or something?

let me guess, another retard who thought it was just about nihilism

Depends
They're all kind of different
I'd say, if you want the historical account of action games, start with DMC1 and play through that up to DMC3
Then, Play whatever you want honestly. Viewtiful Joe and Okami are Kamiya's first projects after leaving the DMC team, DMC4SE is pretty good and complex, Bayonetta is Kamiya's first Platinum project and DMCV is solid stuff too as Itsuno's big project of this year

I'd move Automata to Good tier

Nobody thinks the story in this is good. What are you smoking.

Start with bayonetta 1, then check out dmc4, 5, 3 and 1 if you want. 2 is skipable, play it if you feel like it.
Thank me later.

How? Is it called Raven or something else?

you got it, its great that it seems hard to go wrong with any of them. is bayonetta best on pc? dmc3 definitely seems like it just by virtue of style switcher

True. However, it’s still much better in every way - depth of setting and characterisation, quality of dialogue and voice acting, structure of plot - than Astral Chain’s. AC is the clear winner on gameplay though.

Bayo is best on PC but the best console version is probably the switch version. DMC3 with style switcher is great but personally something feels wrong about playing it that way honestly... playing it vanilla and just enjoying the style switching in 4 and 5 is how I like to play the series.

So is the Legion thing just a more action oriented version of the blade system from xenoblade 2? it really feels like it

oof, lad. oof.

Switch Automata and MGR

Man I seriously think Automata would've been better off just being a pure action game instead of having these half assed RPG elements.

That's some shit taste on just about everything but w101, son

Is Vanquish really that good? And is TMNT really that bad?

>Is Vanquish really that good?
No
>And is TMNT really that bad?
Yes

>The Ark is a combination of every nation's efforts
>This is reflected in NPC names and nationalities
>Except blacks.
>There's also distinct male and female restrooms
Based Japan does it again.

Prerty sure theres one colored girl in there

>don't even think they developed it, or at least they weren't the sole developer.
Nude Maker did most of the development. All their games hover around 2/10 ratings.

Why?

the only thing astral chain does better is the combat and that isn't really saying much since the fucking hacking minigame was more enjoyable than the actual combat in automata

Yeah right xd

>NieR automata gets released
>oh cool, looks like this will keep me busy till a new Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden or Bayo game drops
>game is easy as fuck
>set the difficulty to hard
>everything one shots you
>alright, guess I'll just play on normal
>finish ending A
>get bored
The fact that roughly half of the people who played this game didn't even bother with the rest speaks for itself

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-183338_PS App.jpg (1440x1853, 193K)

Basically this. A lot of its core themes are shit I've seen in every story about autonomous AI. The story structure was pretty novel coming from someone who hasn't played a Taro game before, though, I suppose.

FP
BP

A large number of people buy games they never get to play.

Nier Gestalt/Replicant