They almost did it. They almost brought back mario party...

They almost did it. They almost brought back mario party. Who in their right mind at Nintendo thought it was okay to release this with only 4 small boards?

Attached: 1200x675_Landscape_SuperMarioParty.jpg (1200x675, 312K)

Those boards are the only reason I never got it like god dam those are shit looking boards

The boards are fine. There's just not enough of them.

The issue was they diluted it. If it was a full Mario Party game rather than a third of one with River Survival and Sound Stage tacked on, it'd have been great. The Sequel will be for that reason.

One of them is literally just a small square with nothing going on besides whomps that move out of the way if you pay them.

It sucks too since the minigames look fun as hell. If this game were $30 I'd buy it but since it's a Nintendo title it'll never go that low.

Only board that is good is oddly enough the last one as the Star Locations with Toadette are so fucking shite.

Least with that last map you can have clear tactics like trying to get to the secret route for Lakitu or fuck people over with the Thwomp toll booth.

Mini games are still the best thing as well as the character selection bar a few omissions.

They have the base game so now all they need to is expand like every other Mario Party does after the first one for each console.

No they didn't.
The boards are too small and evidently designed for Partner Party rather than Mario Party. The game in general is filled with filler shit but none of the desirable kind. Remember Duel Mode in 3, or Super Duel in 5? Those were some real filler modes, not these " Try them once for 20 minutes and i'm done " modes. And in 4 small ass boards they somehow managed to fit the worst board archetype in Mario Party: The 4 part board type. None of the games that tried to pull it off did it well ( Wario's Canyon in 1 is shit, Mystery Land in 2 is shit, Goomba's Greedy Gala in 4 is shit, and the new one in Super is shit )
This game is hardly an improvement over the shitstains that have been happening since 9, it's just hiding its shittiness better by pretending to have catered to its old fanbase. That isn't even to speak of Super's horrendous coin economy & other issues past the small board size, but it's clear as light this game wasn't designed as a return to form for Mario Party, but another one of NDCube's shitty gimmicks.

Attached: superduel2.png (870x538, 554K)

But the next one, going by release dates prior, will be in 2021. Such a long time for them just to fix the boards.

They probably did it intentionally out of spite.

>4 boards
>dice only goes up to 6
>no traps
>motion controls
>each character isnt on fair ground, because some character specific dice are obviously better than others
>to make up for the lack of boards they added alternative modes which felt just as lackluster
so instead of a regular mario party game, it felt like 3 half finished mario parties

just make a virtual console and put mario party 2/3 and itd be better

Attached: 47b.jpg (665x574, 25K)

Thwomp board’s broken with Wario
>pick his die
>instant ally

That's exactly what D.K's stage was in the first game. It's a callback and not a bad stage at all.

Motion controls aren't bad for some mini-games. They're fine. The dice only going up to 6 is because of how small the boards are.

>it's okay that it doesn't even have any sort of gimmick going on, it's a callback!
Dude.

they know their fanbase is a bunch of shit-eaters (switchfags being the biggest shit-eaters of all) who will buy it anyway.
case in point: it's sold 7 million copies and is one of the best-selling games on the switch despite having zero effort put into it.

The first Mario Party didn't have gimmicks for all of the boards. Do you even like these games?

The first Mario Party wasn't as good as 2 or even 3 for fucks sake. The game has evolved since the first one, buddy. Having a board that has literally nothing happening on it besides thwomps is incredibly boring.

I was going to say I haven't seen anyone defend the game but is proving me wrong. I guess they are just shit eaters.

>The first Mario Party wasn't as good as 2 or even 3 for fucks sake.

Quit reading there.

I pirated it and still felt ripped off. Its at least playable unlike the last 2 pieces of rancid shit but just playable shouldn't be the fucking target for the 11th game in the series

>someone in this thread actually trying to defend this garbage
>it's okay that the boards are barren because that's how it was almost 21 years ago
Not even worth a (You)

Attached: 1451958695730.jpg (472x534, 72K)

even with the mediocre boards it's still in the top 3 mario parties.

Explain

To be fair, user is right. The first MP game sucks ass. MP3 is the objectively best MP game.

honestly it just needs more boards and a faster game speed, i'm suprised more people aren't complaining about how slow everything is on the board.

>DK's Jungle Adventure
>86 Spaces
>Intricate Happening Spaces placed accordingly to potentially prevent a player from getting a Star, or force them to take one of the board's branching paths.
>Star Placement is varied & requires perhaps working with the happening spaces at times or be ready to face the consequences of Bowser: The other path leading to Boo further rendering the tough choice of this Branching Path more intricate.
Whomp's Domino Ruins
>54 Spaces
>Happenings are strictly a Handicap or Advantage for the player, save for the two Whomp happening spaces which change the path he's blocking: A good idea but the proximity of these two spaces neuters it. Not to speak of the strategic value lost of going for Happening Spaces to get the Happening Bonus Stars, but that problem isn't exclusive to Super
>Attempt at branching paths is loose & poorly thought out, only being a real issue in the Early Game or for one of the Star's spawns.

Attached: SMPWhomp.jpg (2048x1152, 739K)

GIVE THE GAME ONLINE,NINTENDO

I DONT HAVE FRIENDS

Attached: 1565644490076.jpg (440x500, 33K)

Oh but it does have online! A whole ten mini-games online!

MP2 still the GOAT

Western Land da best

They probably did it so they can rush out super Mario party 2 which is basically the exact same game with better boards and 40 new mini games.

I think the reason the boards are so small is they intended people to play 10 turn games but of course everyone plays 15 or 20.

>ten turns of Super takes as long as 20 turns of the N64 games

the speed slowdown is really jarring if you compare the two.

why is mario party 3 in particular so damn good?

fuck mario party desu.
way too slow paced.
it should be more like wario ware.

Items. Super Party has the most fucking boring item play. Yay, another mushroom so exciting!