What's Yea Forums opinion on Bendy and the Ink Machine?

What's Yea Forums opinion on Bendy and the Ink Machine?

Attached: apps.27112.70445825559254438.46e1cbdf-bb49-4337-8fdf-dfcc5e0b4d80.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

Why do I keep seeing ads for this on the highway?

I played the freeware chapter and got bored. Finished it, but it felt cheap, derivative, didn't grab me.
Surprised it made any waves at all.

It's pretty fucking boring

Like Bioshock but like 85% less and the other 15% is trying to do something original

its gay. its shit and the fan base is a bunch of faggy zoomer furries and woman

I was really disapointed with the story direction. I was hoping for something a bit straightforward and streamlined. The idea to me implies simplicity (a horror game in a cartoon production company, that intself looks like a cartoon). Not the sort of game you have to watch a hour or 2 of youtube videos to understand what the hell was happening.

blame "theory" culture for devs to think this is what people want

Never played it. It has a good idea, but the execution is too low budget and because of that in turn not the necessary verisimilitude.

Only redeeming thing about Bendy is that one fan-song, which already speaks volumes.
I soldiered through it, hoping it may get better in the end, but it never did. First chapters gave me false idea of each new chapter trying out new kind of horror genre, but it ended up being classic "big invincible monster chases you around to random toilet booth which makes you invincible".
Levels severely lack on variety, "puzzles" are non-existent, and even aforementioned big bad is jokingly stupid and clunky - I only managed to die to it after I grew disproportionately bold and decided to ignore him entirely to speed gameplay up.
Right, gameplay is tar molasses slow. Moving around, swinging weapons, navigating samey hallways, fighting "bosses" by repeating same pattern way too many times over without any fun things mixing it up.
Story is crystal clear half-way through the game, there are no interesting twists of any kind.
Cartoon style is FUCKING UNDERUSED FUCK IT'S YOUR MAIN SELLING POINT. There's fuck all any cartoonish character in game besides not-Goofy. Monsters are regular malformed blobs of limbs, and big bad monster is literally humanoid tar with horns. To add to injure, in the end you meet girl character who clashes with art-style like no tomorrow - she is so out of place, I can't honestly understand how devs looked at her model and said "yeah, totally belongs to our game". Not to mention that she talks, she is helpful, she breaks everything about game's presentation and themes.
And finally, last boss is a fucking joke, it feels purposefully made brain-dead easy.

This game has a fanbase?

someone has to be buying this toys of it I see at Target

Looks like an incredibly thin idea misguidedly stretched out into a game instead of a... I don’t know, five minute YouTube video?

It's just the fnaf game theory crowd who'll buy merchandise on masse

Right, it's also badly made in general. Game is set in endless hallways and rooms with simplistic graphics, but manages to load system harder than many other games of comparable visual quality.

Got a lot better after Chapter 3

Attached: bender.png (549x722, 81K)

who?

Attached: 1510534750553.png (799x485, 119K)

Zoomer meme game but Alice Angel is cute

I swear I saw the merch for this around like 2 or 3 years before the game even came out, who was excited for this shit? What contract does hot topic have that they still have this trash on display while other shit gets put on clearance??
I have never seen anyone with a piece of its merch, cuphead was revealed in like 2013 this always just seemed like a ripoff with a really shitty looking character. I was completely shocked to find out it was an amnesia ripoff and not am indie platformer or something.

Yeah, that was a, uh... thing that happened.

My zoomer 10 year old daughter knew about it before I saw it on the greater internet or shitting up Hot Topic.

That's about all you need to know regarding the game's target audience.

I like it and I'm not a zoomer or some frothing fanboy. Original idea which is hard to come by, weird art style (I wouldn't say that's a good thing), kinda felt like every other horror game unfortunately, but the enemies were pretty decent.

10/10 atmosphere and monster designs, the Projectionist and Ink Bendy fuck me up.
The gameplay is lacking, though. Combat's shit, and some missions were dumb. Unlike others I enjoyed the direction the story went, though.

A concept to cool for the team that had it.
Could have been a great Shock style game, making use of classic cartoons and classic Disney imagery, but the team didn't have the money/experience to make it happen.

I was furious when instead of saving the Disneyland concept for a sequal once investors were interested, they blew their load a overly long and boring switch hunting level.

The first part seemed cool at least, but I don't think I'd be able to play a lengthy game of it.