What happened?

What happened?

Attached: file.png (2900x1400, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SChWdprUnzw
youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's what convinced me to never buy another Nintendo system.

Shit advertising

terrible gimmick that hindered gameplay when it was actually implemented and caused the console to cost over $100 more than it would without it.

>awful name marketing that caused people to think it was just a Wii add-on, resulting in lower sales
>lack of third party support as a result of lower sales
>games like Smash, Mario Kart, and Splatoon that were popular, but came too late to save things

The Switch is an example of how better names and marketing can make all the difference.

dey took her

nintendo sucks

>What happened?
Best exclusives of this generation.

Attached: U games.png (3000x816, 2.13M)

100%

This, even as a hardcore Nintendo fag, every game that forced the tablet was one and done for me except for Pikmin 3 where I adore it so much I keep tolerating it.

Bad marketing. The fucking stage reveal only showed the screen controller instead of the actual main console. It wasn't clarified until days later.

Terrible marketing, long droughts of no games, and an unnecessary gimmick. The WiiU only became worth buying after the Switch came out. Even then, a lot of the games you'd want to buy on a WiiU are already out on Switch. Nintendo wants you to forget the WiiU ever happened.

>Always bitter about Fatal Frame 5 being digital only
>About to buy it digitally, then Wii U hacking becomes a thing
>Theres a region free loader
>Immediately buy Fatal Frame 5 LE at a scalped price, but worth every penny and i would spend double today if it were to be 'spirited away' for some reason

This game made the system worth it for me, but W101 is nothing to sleep on and Devils Third is a guilty pleasure of mine. It has Kill Bill tier villians and revenge plot, i couldnt help but love it.

Attached: image000000(1).jpg (2592x1944, 1.16M)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

youtube.com/watch?v=SChWdprUnzw

It was an okay idea and decent enough hardware fucked over by a terrible naming choice, a shitty slow OS, no third party support, barely any games, and almost no games even using the controller gimmick.

The game pad was genuinely great when done correctly, and the WiiU+Game Pad is infinitely better than the Switch. I just hate that they marketed it so shittily so it was doomed to fail.

>and the WiiU+Game Pad is infinitely better than the Switch
Elaborate.

> Tons of non-exclusives and mediocre games
The system had some damn good exclusives, like Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Dong Freeze, and Bayonetta 2, but the majority of the library was weak, even sequels to good series like Paper Mario and Kirby Canvas Curse ended up sucking.

Basically it was an early version of the switch and someone at Nintendo said Fuck it make it a console and ship it out. Our drones will buy it and then buy the switch right after.

i bought one a couple of months ago and use it as a better gameboy at home, it helps that you can play every nintendo game on it except the 4 switch games which are not ports

Just sold it for $135 on ebay, thats what. Needed the cash cause my rent took everything I had. So the Wii U literally saved my life in a simple sort of way. It was a good friend and I will miss laying comfortably on winter nights with my girl playing 3D world and Windwaker. Im sorry. I really am.

it had "wii" in the name and they didn't run a super bowl commercial. that's literally the only reason why it failed compared to the switch.

should have named it Wii 2

>that's literally the only reason why it failed compared to the switch.
And not the severely long periods of time between games released?

the switch has the exact same game droughts and normalfags still bought it.

Bad marketing, the price of the console remained too high and no good bundles ever really happened, and the exclusives it had were spread too thin over it's lifespan. I'm glad a large chunk of it's exclusives were ported over to Switch. Otherwise I would have never got to play them since I never bought a Wii U since Nintendo insisted on keeping it sky high in price.

Normies don't care about games. All they need is marketing

>no good bundles ever really happened
splatoon, mario kart 8, mario maker, and 3d world all got bundled in with the wii u at some point.

Attached: Wii-U-Deluxe-Set-32GB-Splatoon-Nintendoland.jpg (960x679, 266K)

Is that a switch devkit/prototype?

Nintendo stupidly named it Wii U which confused enough normies with a Wii not to pick it up thus drastically hurting sales.

This is all you need. If you weren't around during the announcement you'll understand the moment you watch this trailer. This is the actual reveal of the Wii U. No wonder everyone was confused by if it was a new console or just a "new controller"

youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

Not him but the gamepad is surprisingly comfortable to hold and I enjoy using it much more than a Switch with attached joycons. Also playing TMS really made me appreciate the fact that you actually have two screens at your disposal. Having an ever present map that doesn't take up space on the screen as well as being able to glance down and check the affinities, skills, and remaining HP/MP of enemies without wasting time selecting an attack to target them first is cool too. I also liked the idea behind checking texts on your "phone". Really it could have been downright amazing for RPGS or dating sims.