That's great man that's great but have you played Quake?

That's great man that's great but have you played Quake?

Attached: jre.jpg (293x172, 7K)

>look at the size of that thing
>hoooly cow
>thing would tear you to fucken shreds man
>god damn...

Attached: DFAA4C0E-F7C4-4E08-9A9B-F40E7CD8A6B7.png (676x300, 154K)

>you ever smoke weed while playing Halo though?

Was quake really that much of a big thing back in the day?

Yes

it was the biggest thing

Quake and Unreal were the big boys back then.

It has always been a game that only brazilians and spics play on their outdated computers.

not sure why toe rogan makes a big deal out of it, if anything doom was the king of the fps back on the day.

Depends what you mean. It was extremely popular in certain demographics. Nintendo kiddies were probably blissfully unaware of it, but if you were the kind of person with access to a LAN and friends to play with, it was incredibly popular. A friend of mine has a short-term job at a high school and he said there were kids in there every day after school playing Quake.

Quake was a good game

>t. the zoomiest of the zoomers

No one gave a shit about Doom back in the late 90s or early 2000s when it came to multiplayer shooters you fucking retard.

It was, simply put, the counterstrike of its era before counterstrike came along and then became the, err, counterstrike of its era.

Attached: lan-party.jpg (3264x2444, 1.64M)

Also in the late 90s most college campuses had LAN connections in the dorm rooms and students could play with anybody on campus or at least people in their own dorm building.

>You will never frag Joe in quake so hard he starts making fun of you for not doing DMT

>Yes, I have, Joe.

Attached: john-carmach.jpg (708x330, 18K)

man my reflexes were so crisp back in teh Quake 3 days since i was around 15 years old. i was railgunning people while they were in mid-jump like a madman. i think i could get back to the level of skill if i started practicing my ass off again

I wish Carmack was my dad.

Did they all play a match of quake afterwards? Did young jamie prevail?

joe said he spent like 20 grand back in the day to have a giant ass lan line hooked up to his house from the ISP or some shit like that just to have the best connection possible and he played like 8 hours a day every day. he was probably pretty decent at the game if he went to that length

It was fucking huge my dude. In my high school a guy uploaded Quake to the school server. We used to sit in the back of IT and play that shit all lesson

Quake is probably the shooter with the most impact on videogames and videogame culture as a whole.
It helped popularizing 3D polygons for games. It helped popularize LAN games. CTF started with quake. E-sports started with quake. Location damage started with quake. Organized speedrunning started with quake. Machinimas started with quake. etc...

I wanna go back

>Yea yea Jamie have you heard of that new video game Fortnite? Yea man pull up some footage of that Fortnite game man I bet it would be like, a whole 'nother experience playing it on LSD or DMT, but it ain't got nothing on Quake. There's just some things that can't be replicated you know?

A lot of games used the Quake engine. A lot of them. Just to name 2, the first Call of Duty games and Team Fortress.
Quake modders got hired by Valve which in turn created the gold src engine.

> lol being forced to work 100 hour weeks is great!

My university host regular lan parties user. Maybe look if you have a university, Card shop, nerd bar anything of the kind in your area. I always avoided full blown nerds because of the shame associated with it as a kid but now i feel home.

>he explicitly says 60 hours are what he works
>says if you dont want to work that many hours it's probably because you dont like your job and should try and find a new one

Yeah eat shit retard

You're either a zoomer larping or a complete casual pleb.