Why is the Switch the only console still getting games?

Why is the Switch the only console still getting games?
>Fire Emblem
>Astral Chain
>Pokemon Sword and Shield
>Zelda remake
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Bayonetta 3
There's just so much coming, meanwhile the PS4 is going through a drought (and the xbone is not even worth mentioning). When did the tables turn and how?

Attached: 1550639315323.jpg (1035x1064, 544K)

New gen is coming out soon
>PS4 has been out for 7 years now

Oh please, Bayonetta 3 doesn't even have a release window.

>nitpicking this hard
You can remove Bayonetta and the Zelda remake, there are still four great games there, that's more than other platforms can say
And your reddit dialect ("Oh please!") makes you look like pic related

Attached: 1566587914818.jpg (995x803, 116K)

PS4 Is pretty much over except for fifa garbage and some handful niche titles, make way for PS5 doesn't take a genius to figure it out

Pokemon hasnt been good since the DS era

Three Houses and Astral Chain almost make me want to buy a Switch, but the rest of the games don't interest me

Fire Emblem is worth it
How can you not want Bayo 3 if you want Astral Chain though?

Attached: 1546628635713.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

Bayo 3 is years away

Whose this qt?

Because we had to endure a giant fucking drought before finally getting more games worth playing.

Xenoblade 2 and BotW were the only games I enjoyed at launch, Ultimate was a good holdover and now with 3 Houses, Astral Chain, upcoming Daemon X Machina and Dragon Quest there's finally a surplus of good titles to look forward to

Ports and remakes can eat a dick I dont give a fuck about them

it's not like it's rare for major games to stop releasing at the end a console's lifespan, especially for modern consoles, and especially for consoles that have had lifespans as long as the ps4 and xbone. i imagine they're working towards securing solid lineups on the ps5 and xbox two.
what i'm worried about is the switch's library going forward. they've already gotten most of their major series on the console. after pokemon, animal crossing, and bayo, what's left? botw 2? splatoon 3? possible drought of first party titles, even longer than the one we had earlier this year, could be a problem

"death knight", not very creative with names

Attached: 1548888654869.png (870x1440, 985K)

Because PS4 was putting out games during all those years where there was nothing on Wii U

You forgot Animal Crossing

>W-WE ALREADY PLAYED ENOUGH!! NOW WE WAIT FOR THE PS5!!
kek

Both are great games, and actual games if anything, no indie artsy piece of garbage or big dick esport shit.

Literally nothing came out during the last year of the Wii Us life, so Nintendo is not any different.

PS5 is next year, devs have switched to developing PS5 titles.

The last PS4 games are Death Stranding, P5 Royal, and FF7R.

Not a bad sendoff, but after that, the systems done.

Try BotW. Or do you mean when the Switch was already out?

How does that count? That's a switch game

There was literally nothing made for it in 2016. Except Star Fox Zero, which, LOL

I bought a Switch for Three Houses and i ended up with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Torna, Mario Maker 2, Mario Odyssey, Astral Chain a shit ton of indie games that i already had on PC, just of the portability.

Go Figure

>game
>port
>remake
>not bad sendoff

>port
So is New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, DK Tropical Freeze, and plenty of other Switch games

Enhanced port with new content*

Also I wish it was a remake, it's more a re-imagining. At least the action ATB means you control all non basic combat options your party members do.

>ports count for the PS4's last year
>meanwhile Twilight Princess and Paper Mario do not count for the Wii U's last year
No one mentioned those games.

>No one mentioned those games.
I did :^)

They are irrelevant see the Switch has enough actual games that it does not need to mention ports

Half the shit you listed isn't even out yet, and some don't even have a release date

Ps4 is at the end of its life. You are literally comparing a 2017 console with a 2013 one. Ps4 had plenty of games 2.5 years into its life.
It doesn't take a non consolewarring fag to find out.

>thread focused on discussing upcoming games
>"Wow some of these are not even out yet!!"
Maybe the difference between Nintendo and Sony is an IQ one

The PS4 is at the end of its life, it's 6 years old
Wii U stopped getting games like 3 years into its life so I'd say the PS4 did pretty well

>the ps4 at least had a good run!!
>b-but the Wiii U!!!!
It's official now, Sony is done.

Attached: 1552197310775.jpg (907x718, 49K)

The original Wii was also toast by 4 years, yes it had a huge install base but nobody was buying the software

damn it's so fucking sad to read people trying to defend sony and rationalize their drought

I don't even own a ps4 and will never own a sony console every again after they butchered the psv. I didn't even mention the Wii U because I don't own one and use CEMU.
Why do you niggers always see every reply as an attack to your company and it's always us against them.

I call it the PS2 effect. Weaker hardware means shorter dev times.

>The PS4 is at the end of its life, it's 6 years old
>Wii U stopped getting games like 3 years into its life so I'd say the PS4 did pretty well
Just like with the PS4 itself I wouldn't be surprised if the first year of games coming out on the PS5 feature a fair number that also have lower graphics versions for the PS4.

Though this gen will actually be pretty interesting in one regard, it'll be the first one in vidya history using the same architecture as the previous one. Enormously more powerful sure, and with some new CPU/GPU hardware instructions, but still an AMD x86 SoC. It should trivially run everything for the PS4, and probably better then the PS4 (just like getting a more powerful PC lets you run the same games with higher graphics/smoother).

I'm curious to see how it gets handled, and how it changes the market response. Could see it going either way.

Attached: science.jpg (1228x768, 106K)

I will never buy another Nintendo system after the Wii U, I got scammed hard by them.

You go champ, enjoy playing the... um... Death Stranding I guess

>7 years
>1 game
jfc

It's great now but the entire first half of the year was a complete drought for the Switch as well. And Nintendo has some titles they announced years ago that are still completely MIA.

>Fire Emblem
I haven't played a single fire emblem since awakening, so I'll take your word it's good
>Astral Chain
Great new IP
>Pokemon Sword and Shield
Controversy after controversy and outright lies from the dev have deflated all hype.
>Zelda remake
It's a 1:1 remake, dude, there's no incentive to play if you've beaten the original. Cadence of Hyrule is a better recommend than this shit.
>Luigi's Mansion 3
Tentatively hyped
>Bayonetta 3
Contender for GOTY 2021

Where's Dragon Quest? Where's Daemon X Machina? Get some better taste.

Enjoy playing Metroid Prime 4, oh wait you'll have to buy the system after Switch for that lol

>will never own a sony console every again after they butchered the psv
Vita fanboys are insane. You faggots would buy objectively worse ports with no excuse beyond "It's comfy"

>You faggots would buy objectively worse ports with no excuse beyond "It's comfy"
Switch owners literally do the same thing

The Switch is actually comfy because of portability and detached controllers

>drought
>Borderlands 3, Modern Warfare, Outer Worlds, Shenmue 3, Death Stranding all in 2019

In b4 "BUT MULTIPLAT". Switch ain't getting any of those. And three of them are Epic Store exclusive on PC so fuck that.

Isn't it obvious by this point that any Switch owner also owns a PC for multiplats?
It's been like that ever since the Wii.

>In b4 "BUT MULTIPLAT". Switch ain't getting any of those.
so why do you complain when the switch gets ports?

>meanwhile the PS4 is going through a drought
Didn't it just got Y3 and Full Body? Oh wait those don't count because this is a shill thread

>Y3
>Full Body
I guess ports count now

>The Switch is actually comfy because of portability
So is the Vita, or are you that delusional you think it's not?

lol sure senpai im PC masterrace and i'd never buy that low res fisher price tablet

I'm not the same poster. The Vita is good. But being able to play docked with detached controllers is an experience of its own league.

Yes that's what Switchfags have been saying for the first two years now
Also the Zelda remake is just the same game but with prettier graphics

Because games currently take so long to develop that it's more about waves of releases than a constant stream.

Almost perfect response, just adding that pokemon games are shit nowadays

>Dreams
>Trails of Cold Steel III
>MediEvil
>Death Stranding
>Wattam
>Persona 5 Royal
>Project Sakura Wars
>FF7 Remake
>Yakuza 7
>Ghost of Tsushima
it isn't.

Attached: 3EF66373-63C3-4C57-87B2-6DD7BF1C3F07.jpg (1080x581, 90K)

the joycons are the biggest piece of shit controllers ever made. imagine trying to hype those up as a selling point.

Oh wow, the PS4 got a whole 3 games.

When the fuck did I ever say that I was one of those fanboys? I literally only bought 2 games for my vita. P4G and Freedom Wars. I regret wasting 120 euro's on that piece of shit. I expected PSP tier of support.
I swear you consolewar people have braindamage.

I have Switch and I plan to buy a few games this year. But am I crazy for wanting to spend ~170 euros on used Wii U just to play Xenoblade X, a game that I bought on launch day and still haven't opened it?

because sony takes years filming actors for their movie games

what part of that post was consolewar-ish? Buying bad ports is retarded.

Still better than the PS3. Last gen blew.

Yes and? It will still sell more than 10 million

So will the next FIFA game
Doesn't mean it's actually good

Because the Switch is still at its prime and literally every other current system is 6+ years old and are soon to transition to the next generation. Are you guys this stupid?

Microsoft fucked up last gen and are only recovering now that they're buying up new studios. Sony did something similar where they killed studios or studios just left them and they haven't bought anything new so they haven't hay any exclusives all generation. That's the TLDR version anyway

Nigger the damn system is 7 years old and next gen is literally next year. It has overstayed 2 years too long. Go shitpost somewhere else.

Sony and Microsoft will never reach Nintendo level of exclusives because they always rely more on third party games

But it makes it a game. An exclusive new game. Being trash or not doesn't change that.

Well that's thanks to the staples that gets rehashed several times. Pokemon, Mario and Zelda. They all get mainline release, spinoffs and remakes which adds too many pluses to the exclusive list. Sony barely has the same flexibility or hard hitters that can branch off with spinoffs. That's their big problem.

nintendo are pumping a lot of money into development right now, thats all

Why no more games being made for gameboy color? Nintendo is doomed, literally no games every being made in years.

what

?
PS4 is getting Death Stranding, Midievil, Guilty Gear 2020, TLoU2, FF7, Ghosts of Tsushima, Concrete Genie, etc.

None of those games are good.

Just as a PSA, Daemon X Machina isn't very good. I've been playing a review copy and its so fucking tedious.

I am so fucking hyped for the remake of Link's Awakening. I was about to replay the original that I found when I was moving before it was announced and have been holding off ever since.

A bad name doesn't mean anything, he Black Knight is still considered as one of the best villain in the whole franchise

>Why is the Switch the only console still getting games?
>Switch is finally coming off its draught only to enter another one once this year ends
>LOL SWITCH IS THE ONLY SYSTEM GETTING GAMES

Attached: 1508957725665.png (1916x1080, 1.67M)