Final Fantasy Spirits Within

Why didn't this ever get a video game? Imagine the gameplay in this.
youtube.com/watch?v=xaI7ZPA9I1c

Attached: ff-cover-1-400x445.jpg (400x445, 43K)

I didn't think it was that bad

Attached: 1567003615604.jpg (640x860, 76K)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game

I personally didn't think it was bad at all. Orange zerg ghost aliens which have to pass through you to kill you. Bretty cool if you ask me. Also the CGI is semi realistic, there are some scenes it actually looks like real actors.

I haven't really understood the plot first time I watched this, and then never bothered to rewatch it. But the game instead of a movie would have been better probably.

I kinda wish SE would shift to making only CGI films and putting out more content for their MMO.
Thier games division has been shit for a long time and despite some cool ideas, too many of their titles have ended up as movie garbage with bad gameplay.

because it was shit and universally panned

Because it bombed.
If it did well, you'd have see it get incorporated into the mythos more heavily.

I liked it a lot when I was younger. Thought it was mystical, tragic, beautiful, a little goofy.
Rewatched it recently and it's a fucking disaster, a mess on every level. And the CGI faces look on par with Toy Story. I don't know who the fuck let that stinking bomb hit theaters.

Still, the art design had its moments.

Attached: BarrierCity.png (901x407, 709K)

Better than any of the weeb teen drama games. Unfortunately they know that other Japs and their weeb slaves won't like the setting and artstyle.

I saw it and I don't remember a single fucking thing about it.

I loved the setting, character design and world.
Honestly would have loved to see this idea be used for any final fantasy game after X instead

now that's one contrarian faggot, congratulations you goddamn special snowflake

you mean Mass Effect?

post apocalyptic settings where society and humanity is still well organized and has access to high tech but forced to life in fortress like cities is so much more interesting to me then the generic stalker/fallout setting where everything looks shitty, is made out of scrap metal and just barely hanging own.
I wish more games would try doing the first and the stop with the later

I just like sci-fi more than tryhard weeb pandering.

Hey XII was good.

>I wish more games would try doing the first and the stop with the later
They don't have a history of doing well.

Attached: do not play this game it is very boring.jpg (460x215, 55K)

Oh look, a shit-eating retard

man I loved the setting of this one as well, such a shame :-/

You mean besides it being such a massive failure that the massive costs to make the film literally sunk square?

Yeah games and movies where you actually have a base of operations with organized missions feel far more interesting and better paced instead of a bunch of faggots aimlessly running around trying to survive.

Personally I loved it, but I also love everything sci fi and horror.

>literally sunk Square
Then they somehow convinced Enix to bail them out with a merger that placed the top executive staff of the new company with all the fat cats from Square.
How Enix thought this was acceptable, we'll never know.

It isn't that it was an awful final fantasy movie.
It's that it was an incredibly generic scifi movie that could have been named anything else and nobody would have known it was supposed to be final fantasy related.