Whose the biggest bro in vidya?

Whose the biggest bro in vidya?

Attached: Kuwabara.jpg (250x188, 7K)

Attached: revolver ocelot meme.png (140x142, 43K)

Attached: garrus.png (465x441, 245K)

Sensui arc>Toguro

Sensui arc utterly petered out by the end. Not just because of the grand ass pull of O MY DEMON ANCESTOR, but because all of Sensui's moral posturing and hype over some sort of intellectual battle just boiled down to 'uhhhghggh DARKNESS AND LIGHT AND THE DARKNESS STAINS THE LIGHT AND PURITY AND UGGHHHHGGHHH HUMANS CAN DO BAD THINGS UGGHHHGH"

As soon as Sensui switched on the super saiyan the arc went to shit, both dramatically and tonally.

For the spectacle of it sure. Demon Yusuke was a little bullshit though. Still the greatest shounen ever made however.

I agree. But I really liked the role the psychics played. Especially the mystery house of horrors

Lavitz

Oh yeah, definitely. The arc was max hype right up until the turning point. I have long suspected that Togashi's inability to tie Sensui's character arc into a meaningful conclusion like Toguro contributed greatly to his apathy towards the next arc.

Any news on the new OVA is it out yet?

Otacon

Attached: broshake.gif (370x250, 1.47M)

No. The Psychic arc was great. Sensui was shit.

Only in 3 and even then he was more of a rival

Sensui is one of the best characters ever created.

are you high? sensui is shit

Not the guy you're replying to but Senui's biggest problem is that from a dramatic and character standpoint all the best things about him are the hype. The actual conclusion to his character and his dreams and ideals are where things all fall short. It reeks of Togashi trying to write something more clever than he was capable of achieving. Always a risk when writers try to have moralistic villains.

My bro
The OVAs were already released last year. The first one is kino. It's like modern anime with the aesthetic of the original and shows how Kurama and Hiei met. The second one is like a "hey, we just want to gather the bros in a single 10 minute episode". Everything is rushed to the max. Still, it's nice to see the bros again after all these years.

Greatest anime of all time. Sometimes I wish Togashi continued the manga but somehow it would ruin what is already perfect. A remaster including all the slice of life episodes would be great though

>try watching this
>everything is generic as fuck and every fight has to show five different reactions every time anything happens
i don't know how anyone could watch this whole show
nostalgiafags are annoying

The Dark Tourney was a great arc. Everyone knows it, it's no secret.

So why the hell don't more shounen use the element from the Dark Tournament that made it good (aside from the characters themselves)?. I'm talking about the fact that it was a team based tourney. It actually managed to keep you in suspense during different fights because it was entirely possible for protags to lose individual fights.

Attached: toguro face.jpg (1280x960, 93K)

Lavitz Slambert

Attached: CFB1E5B6-2603-4D6A-990B-2D579FC00C49.jpg (844x640, 77K)

Zoom zoom zoomer

>every fight has to show five different reactions every time anything happens
That's every anime

nice non-argument
it really isn't, and even if you think that it doesn't justify it

Everyone spam reactions at this guy.

Attached: 1499530591604.png (155x254, 24K)

Any word on a dub

I hope all the guys getting flack at funi atm arent those guys

Reminder that Hiei is the only fighter in the Dark Tournament to go undefeated.

DB Super tried that but failed spectacularly

Traditional animation is very time consuming there's really no other way to go about it for a 100+ episode anime

>climax his character arc is the realization that he can't protect you from everything anymore
>not a bro of galactic proportions

Attached: Reyn_pic.png (360x450, 199K)

Idk. I only care about the catalan one and it's almost impossible to get it desu

Lavitz

Attached: 3755a38399301dc1cbcabf97d2fc0454.jpg (638x850, 71K)

after the big mom arc i got more respect for the guy. Especially when you find out he actually cares for his wife and his family.

Attached: 1529774031296.png (500x500, 303K)

Sensui's finale was dramatically poor, but the fights were still animated pretty well overall. I still can't get over how good Toguro was overall, I wish we got a bit better backstory overall on Genkai + Toguro to flesh everything out, but overall the plot just works so well.

Toguro is selfish and doesn't want his training/body to ever go to waste, he wishes for immortality through getting a demonically-enhanced body. Genkai came to terms with her eventual passing and knows she will fall from her prime. Instead Genkai works on passing her spirit wave powers to a disciple (Yusuke) so that a future generation can be stronger. Ultimately Yusuke vs Toguro is still a legacy of genkai's life work vs toguro's life work from opposite ideals, but still carries lots of personal attachment from Yusuke's part, given that prior to knowing of Genkai + Toguro's past, Yusuke was envious of Toguro's power and status as a man that others respected because he attained strength.

It seems a shame that everything built up from Genkai's wisdom in the Dark Tournament saga gets thrown out the window with how the Sensui arc unfolded near the end. Genkai actively wished for Yusuke to understand and value being a mortal human, unlike Toguro's selfish desire for more power that drove him to become a demon--but Yusuke ends up becoming some half-demon like Toguro anyways?

It would've been fine if Puu was removed from the story entirely as a Phoenix-rebirth for Yusuke, and Yusuke gets a stereotypical "zenkai boost" near-death powerup like in Dragon Ball to re-engage with Sensui without any of the demon-heritage stuff.

HARRPOOOOON!!! man is the best bro

Toguro embodied melancholy. He was bitter at Genkai but also himself. The fight at the end wasn't just a climactic finale for Yusuke's character, it was one for Toguro. It would be the decider on whether he had been right all along and that Genkai's weakness was something that needed to be snuffed out (proceeded by him going to Demon world and embracing the challenges there), or he would be killed by Genkai's student and teachings and thus cement once and for all that his long demon life had been utterly pointless all along.

>have cool, intimidating, slick design with your thin, angular body and slicked back hair contrasted by your loose billowy black shirt
>trade it in for fucking THIS
What was he thinking?

Attached: Sensui_2.jpg (409x534, 49K)

Oh, and even looking back before the Toguro arc, it even gives credence and explanation as to why Genkai is living in solitude in the mountains (she withdrew from fighting after the dark tournament in hopes of using her spirit wave technique to heal toguro), why she holds a tournament to begin with to choose a pupil (because knowing she couldn't cure toguro, she at least wanted to pass her powers to a future generation as a lasting legacy), etc. And even explains why the name Genkai has such notoriety amongst demons, because they knew she had participated in and won in a previous dark tournament.

good thread desu

Attached: yu.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Why does Togashi make so few female characters, and why are the few that there are so awful?

And yet the good ones he creates are all literally 11/10

Attached: botan01.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>Botan
>11/10, or even good
Pick one

Disliking Botan should be a bannable offense.

That exactly too, like the whole thing is a perfect culmination for Toguro's character, Yusuke's character, and Genkai's character simultaneously, while still being a really strong arc that brought forth a lot of camaraderie with Hiei and Kurama (even beyond the aid they provided during the 4 sacred beasts arc) and for best bro Kuwabara, as well.

I still wish the Elder Toguro fight was handled in a better way, since I feel that it was handled poorly for Kuwabara and that ultimately led to him having a less important role in the Psychic/Sensui arc and having no role in the the Demon World arc after that.

you get a choice of three!

Attached: e286d110971e4c4b73b1.png (907x683, 946K)

Botan is a 9/10
Keiko is a 8/10
Yukina is a 8/10
Shizuru is a 10/10

>bangs your sister
>somehow more bro than your own bro

Attached: d76r9nv-5c6e1129-8601-4099-9009-18c6c9e39e0c.png (1920x1080, 477K)

There's no point in even putting Shizuru on a rating scale. It's cheating.

hiei doesn't fuck around he tries to kill his opponents as fast as humanly possible.

Liking Botan should be a dragged behind a car down a gravel road offense.

Imagine being in a setting battling spirits, demons, and going to various realms to beat up those inhabitants then you got these characters who do none of those things. Shit they don't even do anything interesting, or have any self contained stories, or personality beyond one quirk. I give them all a 2/10

He keeps things as short as possible.

We're not talking about battling spirits and demons, we're talking about cute girls we want to fuck.

There's better than Togashi trash then.

Kuwabara always seems to get swept under the rug on the internet at large. Reminder if it wasn't for his quick thinking, the first Toguro fight would have killed both him and Yusuke.

Nobody cares about your shit series.

just like him

Wrong. Toguro was being paid to throw the fight I highly doubt he would have killed them

youre god damn right

>noone replied to this
Faggots

>>If women don't fight they're worthless
Sounds like you want a man user.

Its a shonen anime with demons and shit, if any character doesn't fight they're not interesting.

>contrarianism
total rushed dogshit with a stupid as fuck plot

>tfw never got to play Digimon games because I never had a PS1
I should check my local game store to see if they have any copies of Digimon World.

Your thinking of the three kings

All I want is a game that let's me play as someone like Genkai.

Honestly I feel like shes the perfect example of how to do a female character right

>Whose
*Whomst

0 Nishikiyama

Attached: DAtyD7kXgAACE-4.jpg (1200x675, 85K)

Few reasons. Firstly, most shounen have fewer good fights in the whole series than in this one arc. Second, most shounen would only feature the fighting and not any of the events with the tournament committee, Genkai's past, or Keiko's group