May there be... a hell... for you... a Tartarus... bleak, unending

May there be... a hell... for you... a Tartarus... bleak, unending...

Attached: Mr. House.png (1404x1360, 2.08M)

Well if there is, you're about to find out.

Night night, Boss.

>doesn't even have a lvl 100 lock on the door to his chamber
He was asking for it.

Serves him right for trying to save humanity.

Doesn't even have turrets or extra securitrons or anything either. He was a genius yet there are only about seven securitrons standing between him and death.

>character has a history of underestimating his protege's capacity to betray him
>hurr why don't he put moar robit 2 defend himselfff??!?!1

Attached: 1536275486429.jpg (1024x666, 305K)

The reason for the lax security is because you're the only person he really trusts and wants to groom after Benny disappointed him... And you can just be a 100% total nigger and do him in for fun.

Attached: 1563611296551.jpg (184x184, 9K)

That doesn't explain why he doesn't just have turrets installed in his stasis chamber so he can activate them and mow down anyone who tries to enter.

Attached: tcg.png (836x806, 975K)

Could have just been oversight (From developers) or the thought that he wouldn't need it because his securitrons were enough protection.

>give me the chip
no
>then die!
no u
>whyyyy?!?

Attached: 1510708945228.jpg (1000x664, 212K)

>lives in a fortress-like building owned by him, inhabited by none and filled by murdermachines bound to his will
>hurr no security
It's kinda weird how he didnt turn paranoid after Benny but he is still safe from most threats

I killed him completely by accident and fumbled my way into the Wild Card route in my first run.
I fully intended to be loyal to him but when I was exploring the penthouse I found that terminal and proceeded to unlock it, after which I accidentally activated the door and pissed him off when trying to log out after realizing what it did. After that I figured there was no way I was smoothing this over without being betrayed in the future so I followed through and killed him. Then I found Yes Man after killing Benny by tossing some dynamite in his room and shutting the door.

Attached: 8AACE194-ED01-407C-BE23-F7319F8E2698.gif (600x300, 1.85M)

Fuck you too Odo

yeah i wonder why he didn't install turrets that are routinely shown to be hackable in the one place where his real body can be harmed

And thanks to that gif I imagined it all as Frank running around with his gun like a bumbling lunatic

New Vegas was extremely rushed.

>Fun
>Implying I'm not doing it to drive a stake through the heart of the last lingering zombie of the old world intent on recreating the same 'civilisation' that destroyed the world in the first place.
Old world should stay dead and buried, and old men should have the decency to die off and leave the world in the hands of people who aren't gonna keep making the same mistakes over and over.

There's so little security because most of it was cut.

1) The chamber is hidden and hard to access as a default, IIRC you either need to be a high quality hacker or have the platinum chip

2) There's a squad of Securitrons between you and his real body. In-game this doesn't amount to a huge lot considering you can bum rush and just skip to the elevator, but Securitrons have fully-automatic machineguns, grenade launchers, missile launchers and gatling lasers which in-lore makes them one-machine armies.

3) The Lucky 38 is literally only opened for the Courier.

This. I used to be pro-house but I thought about it for a bit and he is literally enclave in a suit and tie. This is ok depending on your morals but you are limiting the potential of humanity in a way. Independent, especially done well, creates a setting with lots of room for growth and innovation. Legion isn't the worst if Caesar lives (they likely tone down the brutality once synthesis is achieved) but it still is just rehashed ideas. NCR is the worst as it's quite literally all the pre-war corruption of the US, a gold plated turd if you will.

>Legion isn't the worst if Caesar lives (they likely tone down the brutality once synthesis is achieved)
ah, a fellow brainlet

Legion is just a stylish raider band with a personality cult, congrats you fell for Caesar's bullshit.

I don't think House is a bad choice at all but I think the asterisk is that he's completely self-interested and all the fluff about the future of mankind and space are just hot air. House will be content with living as the CEO of New Vegas until the end of time, raking in money, watching the lights glow and making sure not a single soul can dare threaten to remove him from his chair.

He's relatively benign and highly intelligent but they didn't give him the snowglobe obsesssion for nothing.

Attached: MrHouse.gif (500x295, 524K)

House only seems like the good option for people applying modern-day sensibilities and values to a setting where they don't belong. To anyone who has actually lived out their entire lives in the post-war setting where the old world is a distant relic of the past he's a raving madman who wants to destroy a world he has nothing to do with just to resurrect some lost civilization nobody cares about but him.

Not realizing that the current legion is literally an army on the move and the foundation of Nova Roma will shift priorities to nation building is the brainlet move. Lanius will just keep raping everything if he wins. In short

Yesman>House>>>>>>>Legion>>>>fascist ethnostate of ghouls regulated by primm Slim>>>>>>>>>>NCR

I literally said yesman is the best option. It's also evident you can't read as Caesar acknowledges he is basically a raider group. The legion is not meant to be Rome, it is Caesars army marching on the Republic so that it can found the empire

Never thought of that aspect, good point

>Not realizing that the current legion is literally an army on the move and the foundation of Nova Roma will shift priorities to nation building is the brainlet move
Yeah because a pack of raiders is gonna settle down and become family men
Because Caesar said so
Anyone who takes his speech at face value is an idiot

Does the legion=fiends? No. The point is driven home repeatedly that Caesar is seen as a god and legionaries will do anything he says. At no point does a legion member fantasize about plunder unless you count Caesar fantasizing about new Vegas. They have a functioning strong currency and strong hierarchy. All they are missing is a capital. They are a bad option due to collateral damage but are far better than NCR

Mr House is best choice but raiders becoming civilized isn't something civilizations have not done in the past.
So yes by Caeser's will it could be done.

But again I digress all the retards in this thread talking about the megalomania of House fail to understand there will never be a successful civilization without a form of leadership and his is the best.

>At no point does a legion member fantasize about plunder
interesting headcanon you have there

House is second best to independent simply because house either
1) succeeds but humanity is now a cyberpunk corporate technocracy
2) fails and it's independent NV anyhow but with even less stability

I find 2 likely as he has a bad habit of trusting people he shouldn't. He can't fathom people acting purely out of emotion/greed which makes him vulnerable to said people

Depends on the raiders. You have raiders like the Vikings, who literally were family men outside of their annual pillage, but the culture of Caesar's army is 100% devoted to war, so if you were to turn that into a peace-time society you'd be starting over at square one

Where do they fantasize about plunder? We overhear fiends doing that. We hear NCR muttering about how they hate their job. We hear legion muttering about how they hate profligates. I'm going off what we are provided by the game developers, and even ignoring the legion towns cut from the game. You are the one with headcannon imaging the legion turns on a living Caesar cause they want to kill some more

If you raise people to be soldiers then that's what they'll be, if you raise them to only ever know war then that's all they'll ever know, if you just suddenly tell them to stop and become merchants and farmers they'll not only lack the skills to do it but also the temperament

They are raised to be soldiers yes, but more importantly slaves. Obedience is primary. Everyone but Caesar wears the red X indicating a slave. If Lanius takes over your prediction is likely true as "he is a great warrior but he is no Caesar". I hate that you are making me defend the fucking legion. Yesman/House or bust

Yeah well you've still got slaves who aren't fit for the job, and people will only take absolute obedience so far, I'm sure if Hitler just said "let's forget this whole WW2 thing" in 1940 while they were sitll winning it wouldn't have gone down well

Synthesis isnt magic
Real life doesnt work that way

>Real life doesnt work that way
It can when you actually have two opposing sides who both have value, but the Legion has nothing, they're just a band of fucking raiders, what would Legion synthesis with the NCR even look like

Perhaps to an extent but not a fair comparison. If Caesar took Vegas and made it the capital then focused on the internal sphere, nobody would call that weak or a loss. If Caesar was about to attack the dam, and called it off......well that might raise some eyebrows as why would "the son of Mars" do that.

>If Caesar took Vegas and made it the capital then focused on the internal sphere, nobody would call that weak or a loss
They don't have an "internal sphere". They're a horde who capture and enslave cities

Stop boiling it to a band of raiders it's a straw man. Legion has very bad points but they are far beyond raiders. The synthesis would be a mostly nomadic army now controlling a huge capital and lording over an empire. Sort of like how Caesar's legion established the Roman empire after defeating the republic......wow that was complex

>legionnigger can't even read the posts he replies to
Ave, true to my ass

"The legion controller all land east of the Colorado River"

Are you serious? There are literally traders who will only trade with legion as it's more profitable and safer than NCR.

cringeworthy writing

For fucks sake I prefer yesman and house it's just that NCRetards can't imagine that in a post apocolyptic world the legion is better than a bloated corrupt bureaucracy pretending to be a republic

yes, they control it, they don't administrate it, they're a horde

>The synthesis would be a mostly nomadic army now controlling a huge capital and lording over an empire
that's not a synthesis, that's just a more powerful Legion. Synthesis is the combination of two things into a greater whole. The Legion doesn't "combine" with the NCR

>If you don't legislate every aspect of life that's not controlling it
If you think this no ancient empire was more than a horde
>Nomadic militaristic society taking on civilized traits and establishing a set capital isn't a synthesis
Ok user

Legion don't administrate any of its territories. It's entirely an army. What civilized traits would they take on? The Legion is specifically setup to be 100% warlike and "uncivilized". As I already said, if they settle down to become farmers they'd just be starting over from square one. If they take over New Vegas, they would find no value in it because it's run by technology they shun and makes money doing activites they've declared sinful. If Caesar just decided to be the new Mr House and now gambling and technology and prostitution and drugs is a-ok with him it's not really the Legion anymore is it? He's just duped them

Makes sense. Iirc the reason he puts up with the Omertas is that it just wouldn't be Vegas without the mob, nevermind their victims.

If Caesar takes over they do their usual tactics to keep people away from drugs, securitrons aren't an issue because no house.....I don't see your point. Also, they have a stronger currency than NCR, a large established trade network, and they don't raze everything they touch so clearly they are doing something with it. Ancient empires just wanted tribute and obedience. This is juxtaposed to the modernist NCR and futurist Mr. House. Reducing them to a horde/raider group is strawmanning the argument just to feel better about a hard decision

>playing FO:NV for the first time
>get to the fancy condo and putter around
>pick the lock because it's fucking there and why the fuck wouldn't you
>get in
>House pops up
>he spoils the entire story for me
>kill him and uninstall
BOY I SURE DO LIKE IT WHEN GAMES PUNISH YOU FOR EXPLORING

>Independant
kys OC Gary Stu ni99er

>If Caesar takes over they do their usual tactics to keep people away from drugs, securitrons aren't an issue because no house.....I don't see your point
New Vegas is a vaulable city because it has a strong economy and high technology. Technology is shunned in the Legion, and the strong economy Vegas is based on is hookers, drugs, and gambling, which is also shunned in the Legion, so New Vegas as a Legion city would be totally worthless. They could just conquer and vassal it like every other city but then there is no "synthesis" taking place, that's just a stronger Legion. You haven't made a point as to what this synthesis would look like and how it would be stronger than its predecessors

>>he spoils the entire story for me
what?

My question is: why did Chief Hanlon have the Lucky 38 VIP Keycard?

>break into a room your boss doesn't want you to enter
>something unfavorable happens
who could've seen that coming

Attached: 1543207052432.png (520x584, 354K)

>you either need to be a high quality hacker or have the platinum chip
You can find the Lucky 38 VIP Keycard in at least 2 locations.
Still, the game gives you a very straightforward "DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS?" prompt.

If you sequence break and pop open House before you're "supposed to" he acts as if it happened much later in the game and on schedule.

no he doesn't. The Lucky 38 is open to you as soon as you arrive there and nothing he does or says when you find the real, human Mr House assumes you're any further in the game than that

Population, land, and infrastructure has inherent value. Legion currency seems pretty solid despite lacking the hookers and blow of Vegas as is. I have you just don't like the answer. The synthesis is the establishment of a capital, i.e. no nomadic army, with a code of laws, religion, currency, etc. The legion is a much younger nation than the NCR. Their birth was Caesar becoming a tribal leader, adolescence as they secure territory and establish basic civics/economics (current), and they become a fully organized and structured empire once they have a "nova Roma" i.e. Vegas. Hell even the ending slides state "civilization, as unforgiving as it may be, finally came to the Mojave"

Then that's something they patched in because when I played this game when it came out he started spewing all sorts of shit that hadn't happened yet and spoke as if I was under some other faggot's employ. It was a sequence break, but if you aren't even gonna add in a few lines of dialogue that shows the character is acting in the moment and not 2/3s of the game into the future then piss off.

Of course House assumed someone else put you up to the attempt, instead of realizing the truth of you being a braindead fucktard who went """exploring""" and destroyed everything he had in the process out of simple curiosity.

>Population, land, and infrastructure has inherent value
Without the economy there is no population. They'd leave because no work. There is no "infrastructure", it's fucking Fallout they walk everywhere on dirt roads. Land is everywhere in the post-apocalypse. New Vegas is worthless to the Legion unless they are no longer the Legion. Even if it was valuable, what you're describing isn't sythesis. Synthesis is the merging of two conflicting ideas into a greater whole. Caesar's idea is synthesis with the NCR, which doesn't make sense since there's nothing there that actually forms a synthesis.

>he started spewing all sorts of shit that hadn't happened yet
like what?

This. I'd probably assume NCR/legion assassin if some autistic fucktard ran in and tried to kill me for no reason

None of the possibilities offered are "new." Even Independent is just living like old city states. Nothing will truly change so long as humans and their descendants are the ones managing things.
The fascination with old world/new world is a joke by people desperate to believe they're better than someone.

Modern Civilization+Ancient Army=Ancient Civilization

That is the synthesis. You act like Vegas can't be anything but a gambling den. Is it optimal? No. That's a conversation worth having, but you are just being stubborn

I didn't try to kill him, I just opened the pop and he started talking about shit that had not happened yet but would have happened throughout the normal course of the story.

Opening the pod kills him. Not immediately but germ exposure=ded.

Are you me? I literally did this too having no idea what would happen if I played with the suspicious terminal on the wall. Felt kinda bad but was later happy wildcard was my first

I don't think you understand economics. Cities need to have value, that's why they exist, with no value people leave, with no people it's no longer a city, it's Detroit. Vegas is a tourist trap that's incompatible with the civilization of the Legion. But that's besides the point. I'm asking what Legion + NCR would achieve. New Vegas isn't NCR

Wasnt it more in the lines of ''of course there's gonna be gangsters, I can't stop it but I can at least make sure the existing gangs can be mine'' instead?
He's a huge nostalgiafag to a fault either way

>the snowglobe obsesssion
what did they mean by this?

Independent will always be the best choice because mechanically speaking the courier might as well be a walking god. This makes it a non-choice since we have no clue how capable the courier would be in canon of running New Vegas.

Thus, Wildcard isn't of any value to discuss. It's aptly named because it could theoretically be anything based on each individual courier, while the other routes are set in stone.