Are there any major cons for buying this over the regular switch...

Are there any major cons for buying this over the regular switch? I would prolly mostly play on handheld mode either way. Are there any games that I can't play on this model? I don't want to buy any additional joycons or accessories.

Attached: switch_lite.png (315x289, 95K)

There are a few games were the joycons are necessary, but I think there were only two and no one really cares. Also, some games have parts were you use the joycons for certain things (certain parts in Mario Odyssey), but not necessary to complete the game. Some games really benefit from TV mode but also not necessary. Should be fine.

Here's the biggest one - smaller screen will make the already small fonts in some games basically unreadable.

stick drift

Not hackable, at least not for a long while

Just buy a used system and hack it. Free games

imagine your only experience with xenoblade 2 being handheld mode

imagine your only experience with video games being xenoblade 2

some games like smash and splatoon play better while docked tbqh

This. I bought Hover on the big switch and can't read the mission text already. Can't imagine how unplayable will the even smaller one be.

No dock makes some games underperform. I also personally prefer playing most games with other controllers.

Does this only have Handheld mode?

That basically makes it worthless. I love playing my Switch in Handheld mode sometimes but docked mode is the vastly superior experience. Games have higher frame rates and look better. Most Switch games don't exactly have a stellar frame rate so this is a big difference.

Also even as a handheld this is inferior. I can't tell you how many times I've been out with friends and we've used the individual joycons to get in a couple rounds of Smash or Mario Kart together.

The functionality is juts so drastically reduced. The Switch is a super versatile and social system and this takes away all of that. Just get the real thing.

>I can't tell you how many times I've been out with friends and we've used the individual joycons to get in a couple rounds of Smash or Mario Kart together.
Because it's never happened

Imagine being so lonely you can't conceive of something as simple as playing video games with your friends.

That's pretty sad bro.

Ah, yes. Calling me "bro" has alleviated my concerns of you making up fictional accounts because you're a marketer. Clearly you are a regular human bean just like me

>everyone who expresses positive sentiments about the Switch is a marketer! People don't play it in public!

Maybe if you took anti-psychotic medication you wouldn't be so paranoid and delusional and then you'd be able to find some friends to spend time with.

Then, you could enjoy playing your Nintendo Switch with them at bars, in parks, and various other social situations friends might find themselves in. The Switch isn't just for you, its for everyone.

Maybe it's just my shitty eyesight, but very few Switch games take into account the smaller screen's effects on text size and stuff like that. All it does is shrink the entire game to the smaller screen no matter how tiny that makes things. I'd play in handheld mode more if things like text go enlarged in handheld rather than having to squint.

Attached: IgQpAJk_d.jpg (480x710, 30K)

>basically unreadable
Unless you have bad eyed this shouldn't be an issue. The screen is a good size and the resolution is good.

You won't be able to easily replace the analog sticks when they inevitably break 6 months after buying it

Painting your life to be a literal Switch commercial really doesn't help conclude its authenticity any, regardless of how wrong I may be. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me.

The Switch being "for everyone" is part of why the Switch Lite is necessary. Some people just want a handheld.

I mostly have a Switch because of how easy it is to bring it to friends houses and play with them.
Your reply is worthless and you are either a shitposting faggot or a very sad person

I want to get a switch for Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina. Think it would be fine to get a lite or am i going to need the bigger screen/

>advertise the uses of product in commercial
>those uses happen in real life
>"YOU'RE MAKING IT UP!"

Literally on Saturday I brought my Switch to a party at my friend's house and a bunch of us played Smash Bros until like midnight.

If the above scenario sounds outlandish and made up to you then your life is really really sad and you should reflect on how you became such a bitter and lonely piece of shit.

It sounds outlandish for a claim on Yea Forums that has now been repeatedly refuted. What do you care that some user doesn't believe you? Why aren't you out living your fantastic life instead of arguing with weebs and neckbeards? The facts don't up and at the very least strain credulity

All shitposting aside it really isn't worth it even with the improved battery life. There's no option to hack it, no way to play it on a big screen and honestly the switches hardware is already showing its not up to snuff with games like xenoblade and astral chain running at sub 720p, most games do for that matter. As more complex games are developed for the system that bar will be lowered further so its better to have the option of docking it and boosting the resolution and framerate.

Contradiction isn't refutation you literal retard. You actually haven't provided a single conclusive reason why it can't be true, or even why it's unlikely. What's more telling is that you think that it is "outlandish" when it's the sort of thing that most people in their 20s do regularly as part of a normal healthy social life.

The fact that to you it seems absurd is, again, indicative that you are horribly isolated, poorly adjusted, and don't have a very solid grasp on what exactly it is that people do.

The only thing you are successfully arguing is that you're a shitty person... And I will concede that point.

How is hover user?

>The only thing you are successfully arguing is that you're a shitty person... And I will concede that point.
And yet you're here, with me, a point which you keep evading even when specifically pointed out.

Yes, people go out and have social lives but that usually doesn't involve video games for the vast, vast majority. Not to say that video games can't be part of a healthy lifestyle, just that they usually aren't part of the healthier segments of it. Watching people bringing Switches to parties is so laughable as anyone in any sort of social circle (besides the type that would find themselves arguing on Yea Forums) wouldn't be caught dead bringing a Switch anywhere let alone to a gathering of some form, even if they do enjoy playing it at home from time to time

I ask again: what bearing does my not believing you have on anything? Because it seems really important to you that the people in this thread (not only me) believe that these occasions you have described directly from TV advertisements have actually transpired

Didn't think you were a marketer until this post, almost got me

Normal people don't come to Yea Forums unless paid to do so

>Yes, people go out and have social lives but that usually doesn't involve video games for the vast, vast majority.

I am 28 and I literally barely know anyone who doesn't play video games below the age of 40, across every level of financial success, racial group, sexual orientation, or other category of people. This is why you sound so out of touch. Video games haven't been a niche hobby for fifteen years. Something like Mario Kart or Smash Bros are among the most universally enjoyable hobbies for people these days. Everyone likes them.

But hey I guess if you want to cling onto the idea that you're some unique weirdo because you have an obscure hobby, because you don't want to accept that your hobby is actually super mainstream and socially acceptable and you aren't some special intellectual for liking something literally everyone has liked since they were three years old.

I play my switch about 50/50, but here's my input. I know you say you'd "prolly mostly" play handheld, but losing the ability to dock it is pretty shitty. I know personally, even with that preference, there would come a time where I'd want to play on a larger screen and kick myself for not being able to.

Also, playing handheld is already really uncomfortable and I have small hands. I can't imagine playing on this thing without some kind of grip. And while it will probably support pro controllers, there's no kickstand (I think), so you either have to prop it up ghetto style or buy some other accessory.

BING BING WAHOO

>joycon starts drifting
time to throw the whole thing away

??
I play one joycon smash with my friends in college all the time between classes

You're going to need a better controller.

Pretty cool, but don't get it on Switch becsuse Switch gets slowdowns and weird cursor menus (though it works with touchscreen)

I never had a problem with this in any games, especially not in handheld mode where it’s like right up near me

Gonna pick up an animal crossing model, I already have the old switch but if you play digital you can have all your games and most of your saves on both. Gonna leave my old switch docked and the new one for travel