UnderRail: Expedition

3 INT tin can hammaslamma wizard is suffering, but still we endure

Attached: Underrail Expedition.jpg (919x596, 561K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Temporal_Manipulation
filebin.net/bs0dzgl4l2u2spai
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psionic_Headband
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Energy_Shield_Emitter
dropbox.com/s/qv8zg01whuzreph/Disunion.rar?dl=0
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reject
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

r8 my build please

I spent 5 hours in the character editor and need validation or rebuke

Level 10
Stats: 4 str/con/will, 6 dex, 7 int/agi, 10 per
Skills: bow, stealth, hack/lockpick, mechanics/electronics/chemistry, mercantile
Feats: Strafe, Aimed Shot, Marksman, Concussive Bolts, Ambush, Bowyer, Sharpshooter

>using bows
>he fell for the meme

waitasecond

Attached: hmm.png (561x563, 307K)

mfw you're a wizard so there's no incentive to do the Nexus music puzzle

Attached: carlton.jpg (300x200, 10K)

Anyone else think Advanced Psi Empathy is completely not worth it?

Reduced PSI cost for 50% HP reduction?

You don't do it for the reward anyway, no matter what your build is.

It's OP actually

Seriously? It's for the main quest?

Oh shit, a trap.

>music puzzle

there are puzzles in this game? pffft
i thought it was all about speech checks and action points

It should be good if you're playing a 3 CON Tranquility build. Sure, you die when someone blows air in your face, but you shouldn't be getting hit anyway.

whats the best assault rifle setup in the game?

You shouldn't get hit as a pure Psi either way, it's actually pretty powerful.

Attached: 1560420184781.jpg (682x548, 33K)

Oh, it's because it's shit?
Apparently I just missed some item in a desk to finish the quest

Jazz music resumes

No. You do it for fun.

There's only a few, but one of them is some galaxy brain stuff, if you don't know your musical theory.

I know music theory and still don't want to do it because it sounds like wank. I found The microchip anyway so I'm outta there

But you don't need to know any musical theory. It's a reading comprehension test.

In Underrail 2 you'll play as a biocorp soldier committing war crimes for the greater good.

>Underrail 2 is a prequel
The rioting will intensify to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

Why contain it? Let the bodies pile up in the streets, in the end they'll beg to be gassed

>4
What are you doing
Why would you leave a bunch of 4s everywhere

Why contain it? 'scool.

Why contain it? Let it spill over to the steam forums and imageboards, let the shitposts pile up on the official forum. In the end, they'll beg us for a sequel.

>But we still endure
Damm right
Persevere and you shall triumph

Alright, having 4 in any base stat (besides some people who do it for reduces crafting malus, fucking weirdos) is a waste. So that's going to need changed.
You need enough Dex for Quick tinkering and the grenade feats since crossbows are on the lower damage side and you need traps for evasion fools who get up close.
Is there something specific you're at 7 agility for? If not, 6 gets you Sprint and more than enough stealth since you'll be crafting +stealth gear for snipe
I'd say something like 3str/7dex/6agi/3Con/10Per/3Wil/7Int gives you one base stat point left over (which looks like you put at agility, which is perfectly fine) Max out that Per, crossbows need all the help they can get

I haven't seen strafe in action, don't know what the numbers look like. Rest looks fine. Don't be afraid to pick up quick tink or some made chucking feats. I'm telling you, they do some hefty, helpful damage

tfw you put 4 in every stat except for will and INT

Attached: lol.jpg (317x267, 22K)

How is expedition for a stealth knife build? It looks like it's going to be a pain with all the forced wave fights and jet ski combat.

Playing in unassailable heavy tungsten armor, a fat stack of HP, and two guns (one with fuckhueg pop and one that costs a low amount of AP) kill someone with the low AP gun, use the free-burst-one-kill to fire with the heavy ar at no AP cost

>Gas rioters
>They turn into mutants
From a city social dysthopia to an apocalypse scenario.
Fund it

You might be okay except for the first raid in the game. The other expedition attacks are skippable if you're willing to commit war crimes

so like an SMG with spec ops perk and an xboxhuge assault rifle? that's 3 bursts per turn

The only passable melee build is a hammer tin can, with huge STR and CON with fuckhuge shields

>It looks like it's going to be a pain with all the forced wave fights and jet ski combat.
The real problem with noifing will be strongmen and Nagas

lol, look at this bitch not doing everything with his bare hands.

Yes yes, Nikolai, you're great
Go to sleep already, you got school tomorow

I wouldn't split the guns because ARs have a small Str requirement and SMGs actually scale their AP cost off Dex (while ARs do not)
Hence, an smg build would probably look to pump Dex and (relatively) disregard Per while trying to get right next to people before bursting 40 times a turn. ARs would attempt to maintain range and use good Per to hit at distance

Further hybridize Psychokinesis and Metathermics

also, you can burst as long as you can afford it AP wise, so 50 times per turn if you could theoretically afford it. The Commando perk gets you one free burst if you kill someone

i don't know how this nikolai is but he sounds like an alpha chad

The balls to the wall powergaming with previous playthrough knowledge like minmaxing your stats is retarded in RPGs.

Yes, I already accounted for AP. How do you get 50 bursts off? Does adrenaline stack?

What's the best pistol type; Firearm, Energy or Chemistry?

Tossup between acid pistols and laser pistols. Both work swell with each other.

firearm, definitely
trust me

don't do this, man, it's too painful

Real talk, how youre feeling Dominating so far?

Either energy or chemical.
Chemical has better AoE capacities with Cooked shot but some enemies happen to have strong acid resistances, on the other hand you can stick people in place with your acid blobs, or light them on fire, the damage is also great all around.
Energy pistols have the advantage of having a damage type that no enemy in the game can resist, but they don't have a nearly as good AoE outside of electric pistols, which can also stun things and cook boots, on the other hand their single target damage potential and critical damage is off the roof.
Firearms are just bad outside of the first two hours of the game or so.

HP bloat is kind of annoying at times but hasn't really mattered since I hit level 16. The added enemies are just fine and make some fights fun. In other cases, it's kind of tedious. I'm fine with the inclusion of end-game enemies in the mid-game but their early-game appearances were absolute hell. Still sucks everything heals for twice as much than you can. Merchant prices are kind of ridiculous but you can still get rich if you know what you're doing and have access to mercantile.

It's honestly not that bad but is an f9 fest at times thanks to initiative and the newly added traps but the regular difficulties are the same that way.

we need customizable difficulty so we can have DOMINATING's extra enemies without the HP bloat and with the normal amount of healing

Exothermic aura is fun

Attached: ea.jpg (609x444, 60K)

Wish it procc'd Pyromaniac. Total bull that it doesn't; makes it almost impossible to dabble in MT in any hybrid build because everything scales and there's little utility beyond cryostasis.

First raid is fine if you don't mind losing a few sec-troopers. I sat most of it out in stealth, only joined in near the end when they started making it past the barricade.

Yeah, nothing made me mash reload as hard as Black Eels Silent Isle quest, that was a fucking nightmare.
The harsher aspect of Dominating is finances without mercantile, I was fuckpoor for almost all game

The bullshit is enemies who hit you in melee not taking any fire damage.

Oh my god, the fire follows you.
Wtf why not?

Attached: ea2.jpg (1084x598, 143K)

Repairing high quality always nets a pretty penny.

punching the goliathuses to death in the blaze of molotovs and with the assistance of caltrops was hell

I cant get over how fucking cool is that

>doesn't even burn web entaglement
for what purpose?

What's a good playstyle for someone who wants to avoid Inventory Management Simulator?

Yeah but the catch is that you will eventually run out of good loot to sell rather quickly in dominating, its always a hunt for loot
Thank god for rifts tho

wait until you meet burning man

For PIZAZZ

Thing is, the new high quality weapons the waves of bandits sport sell for quite a lot. I made over 2000 on stalker sniper rifles

Underrail 2 will have 2 starts

One as normal like the first game

The other in the acorn facility as a robot/cybernetic creature whose purpose is to obey the mother computer

what is everyone's favorite and least favorite area?

>favorite
LemCo for aesthetics and music
DC

Nexus of Technology and Fetid Marsh.

>finally finish expedition
>come out level 26
>completely loses will to finish main game now

>doesn't even burn web entaglement
It does.

between Essies' buttcheeks

Not if you get entangled after you cast it.

Just get to level 28 so you can raise it then

Attached: a52.jpg (400x400, 20K)

61 EXP to get to level 26 is an absolute joke

Because webs burn either at the start of your turn or when you are put on fire. So in this case it gets removed next turn..

Utterly based.

Getting stronkmen to walk into the electrokinectic imprint always gets a smile from me

I wish it could start the benny hill theme when they do it

Same desu. I'm glad I did everything in the lower Underrail before fucking off to the Black Sea, so I don't have that much left, but everything in the Upper Underrail has been piss easy so far.

How to repair the Reef Glider? Repair kits won't work

>favorite
Depot A
>least favorite
Black Sea copypaste dungeons

Replace the parts.

Ehhhhhh
Is it any good?

dont they have flashlights in Underrail?
why do I have to rely on expensive night vision just to see my way to the shitter?

No, but that's not the point.

And why does NV run out in 2 seconds?

same, I just genocided institute, took the key card to DC and rushed the game.
Might as well take on some additional challenges on this power trip, like genociding fort apogee, or piss off the faceless before you start DC

Because Styg is saving unlimited night vision for psi.

Don't say the point is for fun
Fuck you, giving you a shit boat isn't fun

It's only fair

In the next update I will double night vision power draw and add a 15 action point cost to activating it during combat.
t. Styg

Think hard what you can do with extra boats user. Specially a lost relic

Who do i sell the pearl?

Sell me on this game.

skyrim with guns

There are cute girls in it.

It's got great lewd mods

Metrolinear Zyklon-B benchmark simulator

Is LemCO the abyss elevator place? I don't want to waste time exploring this shit if it's not

unironically this

yes

>girls, plural
Just Essie and Vera.

>forgetting about Yahorta the ultimate qt

It's Fallout 1&2 except only the combat matters.

>look at wiki
>see all this content
I think I'm getting a boner. Time to close the wiki tab and buy this game.

Does Port Ceto have much EXP in it? Might kill everyone if it helps me level up

underrail is more similar to warframe than fallout

I'm amazed this game was story and all other shit was worked only by one dude. There is an insane amount of details, hidden shit and other story everywhere that would make Beth's game look like a child. My only gripe with is the graphics which looks very horseshit for the most part, but expedition improved on that a lot. I can only hope we will get something like deadfire quality of graphics for the next game

I thought he had 3-4 others working with him?

I like the graphics, they have that sweatshop PC game kind of charm from the time where freeware stuff was a thing, Expedition also has quite a few good looking places.

Best i.e. most complex item system in an RPG. Best single-character turn-based combat. Isometric RPG where stealth is not only present, but viable. Surprisingly fun writing at places.

>not only present, but viable
you mean overpowered?

Ye but they just did some stuff like sprites/music i think? Everything else was stygy, and thats a lot of shet

This game will fuck your ass and you will end liking it

>autist that just wants to fuck a sniper rifle or her dad
>qt

Why yes I savescum the first shot of every fight, how did you know?

>I can only hope we will get something like deadfire quality of graphics for the next game
You... you do realize Deadfire had a 30 person art team, right?

>tfw you get through half the arena by savescumming until you win the sequence check

Attached: spongebob.gif (500x334, 362K)

Yes? How isn't obvious deadfire is a much bigger developer team? I mean the game sucess will allow styg to hire more people to help with his game. His releases are way too slow too. We got expedition after ages and half of the 200 maps are empty water

>she gets 3 stacks of Heartbreak posion
>naively waste a Contraction on her
>she still refuses to take the antidote
Derailed woman, stay in the light house.

>0 effective throwing
>f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9GOT IT
>"first try, on me mum"

It isnt galaxy brain, its caesarian cypher with music tones that took a line of crushed pebbles up its nose. Its boring, unfun, a pain in the ass to do.

And then you miss 4 95% shots after that and contemplate suicide.

I swear she is fucking SUICIDAL
>max dodge but still is the closest to the action bar the FUCKING SHOTGUN GUY
>contract her and she doesnt even FUCKING SHOOT TWICE, she just skips or moves a bit more
>dies to random crits like a bitch 3 con agi main sniper she is
>fucking your boss while being his daughter
Come the fuck on. The goddamn North does some shit to people, I swear.

Attached: 1509092856617.png (633x524, 14K)

Name one rpg with a puzzle as complex as this one. I will wait. I don't think this even lay bare all the rules you need to follow, you actually need to google music theory

I know; I just want to be a horrifying, wicked fast, burning siphoner man with a hammer, Yell-ing and dodging attacks at Mach 2 while on fire. I can get really close, but Pyromaniac on Exo Aura would take it over the top

Reading threads I get a feeling that everything is overpowered here.

Alright, then let me help you with some numbers. PoE sold over 1 million copies in its first year and Deadfire's Fig campaign made about $4,5 million. Underrail sold about 200k over 6 years.

I don't think npc take antidotes, in matter of fact i never seen one having antidotes on them. The only items i have seen npc use are health and motherfucking adrenaline

It's a game of glass cannons.

What fucking musical theory nigga
>google basic note distribution
>ingame translated to move up x spots
>conditional circumstances per line but otherwise its legit just moving leters up or down into a translated alphanumerical scale where every line has 1 (one) number
Shits caesarian. Is it harder than most other RPGs? Yes. Genius? Fuck no, it tells you how to solve it, its boring.

Worse, 95% melee attacks, implying that you somehow couldn't hit the catatonic individual 12 inches away

On that burrower fight on arena the sledge chellenger has like 3 antidotes, he also chugs them frequently

>i never seen one having antidotes on them
Yahota has 5 fucking antidotes on her. Seriously.

So the apocalypse was caused by a war?

Attached: todd.jpg (2531x265, 47K)

And yet I didn't spoiler the image...

Or the war is just the one between biocorp and everyone with a pulse?

It didn't challenge you, and it shouldn't, this shouldn't be challenging to anyone who has ever seen a cipher in his life. But let's not kid ourselves, take a look at any of the forums and you won't see bitching about it being boring busywork. Reactions are either people who need the solver because they can't do it, or people who are happy because they could.

No, the great war he is talking is the super corporation one

Does Ezra know what caused the apocalypse?
If I get him drunk will he tell me?

I honestly didn't mind much since it was just an optional thing for a fun weapon that is barely even useful at that point. I'm more upset about dude riddle in the bunker, where it doesn't give you a single clue what to do and you just have to go by the most wild guesses

It does give you a clue, but it's a perception/intelligence check.

The apocalypse? I have my theory but its a fucking wild one. Ezra doesnt know, Biocorp, especialy his version, was at an end, and thats hundreds of years ago and people have been down under the Surface for a good while.

My cannon is that the Surface has essentialy become what we attempt to travel through the Rifts, the Inbetween, a currently fucked up area where the Laws are broken, where nonsense is how shit works, the deadly winds blow and motherfuckers like Six and of course, with aid, the Faceless do too, or atleast did once or twice.

Its a hellhole, but unless I have misread and forgotten it, the very first monolith mentions these winds, the landscape being utterly torn, shit being utterly fucked and it coinciding with the descriptions of the Surface aswell. Truth is, we dont even know if we are on Earth.

>where it doesn't give you a single clue what to do
It does.

It says how each line has three sets of numbers and there are three different sheets in the room that have codes on them.

You sum the numbers in each line of the computer together and some should correspond to numbers on the sheets. Hit the line corresponding to the number on the sheet for each sheet and you're done.

user, you are a complete brainlet.

>mfw aegis patroller

Attached: wind-5.jpg (599x471, 59K)

Is killing Todd justified? It would be better for him.

>not using the superior junk jet

No, buy Skyrim instead.

look at this banga and laugh

Well said user.

Attached: hodd_toward.jpg (664x547, 31K)

is this game a time travel story?

sell me on this game

see >>476563032

Only one of these is correct

Didn't even have empowered thought control or 18 will, I put my 26 and 28 feats into +2 con and +50% resolve. I thought this was going to be hard but I guess psi really is OP.

Attached: tchort.jpg (406x46, 11K)

You can find him a good new home among the pirates
Only handing him to Oldfield is worse than killing him.

Well, we all travel through time in some ways.

I'll ask him to lend me a hand then.

Time is inconsequential. Time is a place. Where you are is when you are.

Could you skip mutagen quest if you're a wizard then?

You can oneshot Tchort too at like level 22 with a sniper, punch it to death in 1-2 turns and likewise for balor smashy smashy. Psi aint really OP compared to other burst options but it does shine high. Plasma pistols would have been 20k damage easy.

Forward in time at 60min/hr for as long as I've been paying attention, at least

I skipped it on my knife wielding weeb on hard

I skipped mutagen puzzle and I didn't break the mutagen tanks, I just walked up to tchort and blasted him with mental breakdown -> neural overload. Played on hard.
Yeah from what my friend told me long ago, I thought tchort would be harder, but he mentioned now that tchort has been nerfed twice since then.

How does age of decadence stack up against this? I'm trying to take breaks so I don't get burned out

In the burning heart
Just about to burst
There's a quest for answers
An unquenchable thirst
In the darkest night
Rising like a spire
In the burning heart
The unmistakable fire

Attached: todd.png (775x542, 593K)

He continued to jog as he burned. Gotta hand it to him.

I prefer this. AoD leans too far on the min/max gameplay (despite fucking opening by telling you not to min/max)

Where´s the damn ferry I´m supposed to raid for pirates?

AoD is more of interactive novel with "stat lockpicking" as gameplay. Underrail is combat heavy and the combat is pretty damn solid.

>He keeps jogging while burning
The dedication
He gotta burn these calories

It doesn't. AoD is a metagaming simulator.

Attached: s.jpg (61x61, 3K)

Fuck, the one criticism I'll give to Expedition's writing is the amount of it. It's fallen into the nuCRPG trap of drowning you in fuckloads of shite, most of which is useless and only for world-building.

When is the best time to do the DLC? Just got to Core City and I'm Lvl15 (oddity)

There isn't enough dialogue, if anything. Yes, Ferryman's got a lot to tell you, but you're not supposed to do it all in one go.

I'm the opposite and appreciate the amount of writing in it. Makes the DLC feel distinct from the base game.

13 if you took the psi pill, 14-15 otherwise

What triggered this is the computer in the abyssal station where it's just line after line of wank. It's obvious to me now why the researchers went insane

Attached: great.jpg (2634x136, 63K)

You forget they also were snorting FUCKING ALIEN ELDRITCH SPACE ROCK DUST, AFTER WORSHIPPING A FUCKING TECHNOLOGY HATING GIGANTIC LEVIATHAN AND PLAYING BINAURAL BEATS TO ATTUNE TO REALITY BREAKING POWERS.

That also helped.

I think that's supposed to come off as... a bit much.

Even spoopy space dust aliens can't get past the force field PSI. It is so essential

You are staring into whats essentialy a portal unto the Inbetween's lair of the Leviathans. You are staring into actual 24d beings that exist beyond the laws of physics and mortal knowledge and perception of the world and the universe. You are staring unto things that eat stars for actual lunch.

Of course its a bit much. You are forever level 1 compared to these things.

Is the acorn just a macguffin?

It's beyond your comprehension.

That's the point
You're trying to understand something thr human mind cannot understand
Like 3D creatures are trying to understand 4D or 5D
If it's sounds overwhelming to you, that's the point

Most of AoD is literally "fail a skill check and fail quest / get kicked out of guild / die instantly", especially if you're building one of the advertised talker-only characters. The game also allows you to save skill points so talkers become complete save scum fests where you try and fail a check, reload and put one more level into it, fail and reload again and put two levels into it etc. until you finally succeed. If you thought Underrail felt like a skill point shopping list simulator on subsequent playthroughs AoD is that up to eleven, especially due to how short it is. Most of the stats are also really unsatisfying since many of them serve use ONLY in dialogue, and the game is heavily skewed in favor of Streetwise and Persuasion whereas something like Etiquette gets brought up a mere handful of times and even when it does you often have other checks available as well. Even Traps and Stealth are literally just dialogue checks and don't serve any other gameplay function like Crafting or Alchemy that both let you craft gear and pass dialogue checks.

The setting is pretty damn interesting though and the story pushes similar notes as Underrail in that some of the esoteric lore stuff is hidden deep inside having a very specific build and making right choices or picking right items before a certain event. There's also a handful of neat imaginative stats as well, like instead of generic Intimidation skill you have "Body Count" stat dialogue checks that depend on how many people you've killed (there's no random encounters so you can't farm it) or Critical chance skill that helps in combat while also allowing you to instantly kill someone from dialogue and make the upcoming fight easier or possibly skip it altogether, but like I said most skills in the game are dialogue-only save scum shit. For these reasons I found the combat characters genuinely more fun to play, but if you're looking for combat you already have Underrail for more extensive build autism.

so giving the acorn to azif was the correct choice right

Apparently Aran pays the most. Considering it has no uses I might reload and give it to him.

i didn't do it for money
im not poor enough to care
i gave it to azif for free seems like oculus would be the most responsible with it

So basically the similarity between AoD and Underrail is the interesting setting. Not that user, but it's time I played both.

Loved Expedition but the ending is so unsatisfying. It's like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

This.
I was a little disappointed honestly, managed to torch it down but nothing outstanding happened

>giving it to the Illuminati
I could think of worse ideas, like passing it to the Protectorate or ((((Tanner)))), but can you really trust Azif? With the acorn or in general? He's too above it all.

I thought the entirety of the Abyssal Station was easily among the game's highest points desu.

Finally got my hands on an assault rifle from one of those lurkers. Now I can play. I like the shotgun, but it doesn't compare

>tchort has been nerfed twice since then
? He hasn't been nerfed even once.

>I thought the entirety of the Abyssal Station was easily among the game's highest points desu.
I agree. I mean the resolution with the Acorn. You just sell it off to someone or keep it and that's it. Maybe killing the weeb is the true reward?

>sneaked behind whole lunatic mall
>kill the three dudes near the statue and hide in the back room
>game starts lagging so much I literally can't even walk

they released the spiders

Time to buy all the bandages in the world and hit DC now then.

its either azif or erza, nobody else is really a choice

Abyssal was fucking fantastic but compared to tchort, you dont get any fucking fanfare. Explaining what the fuck you did to people? Seeing their reactions? Going up the elevator and having everyone freak the fuck out and ask "DUDE, THE FUCK YOU'VE BEEN"? That great and its missing from the Abyssal.

But I guess its like Dude said. There is no "thing" to get of it and its best to apreciate having done it and the journey to it. But the end being better would be hella apreciated desu.

>He's too above it all.
I want to say that if Azif accidentally'd the world with it he'd probably watch its technological marvel unfold with a massive boner, but then I remember he was fully prepared to leave Oculus and run for his life, and never look back, so he might not be nerd enough.

>that spoiler
You fucking WHAT, explain right fucking now.

Thanks I should've known to min/max the stats. I don't want to split even more skills for throwing and traps because I want to be an ultr4n1gg3r with every thievery skill plus mercantile who can craft every type of crossbow bolt. But I see throwing and traps require very little investment to get the perks you mentioned so maybe. I have no idea how bad I would get fucked early game, but I'm assuming thief skills and max perception will give me access to enough loot and exp. to scrape by until level 6. After that a crit build really takes off, every feat is damage.

If the Cube situation was not resolved he was planning to run and hide from Six's wrath, since losing it was technically his fault.

>There is no "thing" to get of it and its best to apreciate having done it and the journey to it
Yeah, I got that impression a lot throughout the expedition. Solving the music cipher is definitely an experience I'm not gonna forget, but the reward itself is just some gun I'm not gonna use. Descent into and ascension from the Abyss is even more memorable, but the only thing to show for it is a box that I'm too clueless to even comprehend.

how do i get the option to marry praepostor amelia?

Kill her and then kill yourself.

Hybridize Pyschokinesis and Metathermics

Give a sledgehammer version of 'Force Emission'
Make a telekinetic boosted Super Slam ability
Add a feat that gives electrokinesis 2 more bounces and electokinetic imprint a small electrical splash damage when triggered
Psi ability that imbues the metal armor of the caster for a short duration, zapping all enemy melee attackers upon being hit
Ability that imbues your Spear Throw and Impale ability with lighting electrical damage
Telekinetic ability that lets you grab back your spear from distance, long cooldown

Give metathermics an ability that adds cold or heat damage and abilities to edged weapons: Knifes and Swords, toggle ability like Force Emission
If cold ability is enabled, every successfull target it will get a single 'chilled' debuff
If heat ability is enabled, if the caster consecutively hits an enemy 3 times in a row, the enemy will be set ablaze
Add a metathermics version of Electrokinetic imprint:
Cryogenic imprint deals cold damage to everything around it upon activation, freezing the enemy that activated it and chilling everyone else nearby
Pyrokinetic imprint deals heat damage to everything around it upon activating, burning the enemy that activated it and setting the floor ablaze

Leave TM and TC as they are

Buff ballistic weapons, specially pistols
Give .44 hammerers and 'revolver' type unique handguns an ability, or a crafting component, that allows the weapon to shoot all the bullets in the drum in a quick succession, like Burst, and like western cowboys. Add a cowboy hat unique that further boost this skill
Give Assault rifles bayonets which can be used on close quarters combat
Bayonet being an appart crafting component for ARs, players can create custom bayonets, from any metal, serrated blades, with electroshock generators or plasma dischargers

Add another hammer unique with electric splash damage properties, giving a hint to norse mythology

>HIDING FROM A IRATE SPACE 27D JANITOR COP WITH A VENDETTA TO FLIP OVER THE WORLD FOR HIS ADOPTIVE KIDS BIG DIAMOND BATERY TOY
Azif better have some seriously good fucking tech because he is not escaping shit. Even that ayy lmao fuck ended up finding Tanner so he would not escape his shit.
Lets enjoy the journey and its perks I guess. Bitching gear, bitching lore, bitchin philosophy and more. Sseths review will also make Exped the best shit ever for the game on a meta way and fund the next expansion and Rail2 so woo.

>Truth is, we dont even know if we are on Earth.
What if there's no Surface and it's all some Oxygen Not Included / Vangers type of pocket dimension portal experiment left to rot for hundreds of years?

>Sseths review
Did he say he was doing one?

My theory is exactly that the Surface has become that pocket dimension when it wasnt before and got turbo fucked cause SOME MAD AS SHIT CUNT either opened a fucking portal into the Inbetween or some serious fucking galactic tier fighting was happening.
Styg confirmed it, Sseth confirmed it, Styg and Sseth talked in Discord openly in front of others, Sseth loves Underrail and was waiting for the exped to hit to do a review.

Soon. Hopefully, Im not a cuck so I dont support his patreon but fuck me, kinda hype.

>Wanting to have anything to do with tchortists
She probably gets tentacle raped on the regular, do you really think you have a chance?

>She probably gets tentacle raped on the regular
God I wish that were me. Is this the actual reason to join the Tchortists?

Attached: amelia.png (610x332, 273K)

so how many cute girls are there in total?

The entirety of Tchorts institute is filled with either outsider chicks or geneticaly engieneered super smart models.

So a lot. Then phyllis, Jessie and that one chick near the Core Ring.

2. 3 if you count yourself.

>playing WoW Classic
>see a Mage named Styg
Is this one of you bozos?

>that name

So that's where all the girls from the rest of Underrail went...

i use smgs

No, it's the serb himself. Remind him to nerf psi.

Ask him what language Underrail is in and how long it took to make it.

If he says .Net and around 7 years, its the real deal nigga.

if its him tell him to make the crank at the graveyard not randomized because thats retarded and hes a total faggot for doing that

What's the problem there?

Speaking of Which, is it a good Idea to start genociding right away?
Where exactly do I need to go, and how hard is it to do as a lvl 19 psi sniper glass cannon with no evasion?

Yes. It avoids further raids completely if you use industrial tier cilit bang on the scumbag snake fuckers.

So, if I leave the Black Sea after starting Expedition, do the native raids still occur while I'm gone or only when I'm actually in the Black Sea?
Also someone redpill me on Six's deal and why everyone hates him. Is Ezra being based a meme?

Go north, kill everything you see in the two villages.

YaTHOTa in the lighthouse will tell you she sees no activity in the north when you've killed enough. You have to go and ask her in person.

>So, if I leave the Black Sea after starting Expedition, do the native raids still occur while I'm gone or only when I'm actually in the Black Sea?
Time is frozen when you leave the DLC area

>industrial tier cilit bang
kek

>You have to go and ask her in person.
You can just call her, though.

there is absolutely no indication where the crank could be, since its randomized you can go in the graveyard, not find it and spend hours wondering where the fuck should it be, it could be outside the graveyard for all you know and there is no way of knowing, without coming to this threads unless you got lucky you will never know that the crank can either be on the floor on the graveyard or already in one of all the hoists (any one of them) with no indication other than checking every single hoist for yourself. in my case it was literally on the last fucking hoist i checked in the entire graveyard, a reasonable human being would expect it to be on the entrance to the graveyard, or in the hands of some named character that is supposed to do the whole burying people ritual, not randomly thrown in the graveyard

It's some straight up fucking bullshit that this guy can spawn in the lower underpasses. How the hell is someone supposed to beat this guy at level 3 without maximum jackie chan ladder factory tactics.

Attached: 1556839838937.jpg (1916x1079, 378K)

>ask her in person

just use the communicator thing you were given for the specifc purpose of asking shit to yahota and getting quest updates

but nobody is forced to go into the lower underpasses until you need to find blaine

Just how randomized are we talking here? I found it next to one of the contraptions you have to crank.

you are not, just run away, he is literally random with a very small chance to spawn, and i don't even know if he can actually spawn before the drill quest is complete

aoe is your problem more than straight up damage. just about every build has the ability to hit one thing really, really hard, but nades will provide cc and aoe damage you're lacking (especially molotovs thanks to doors and dogs in Depot A)

It can be somewhere on the floor in the graveyard, or already placed on any of the hoists in the entire graveyard (and there is no indicator for this, so you have to check every single one of them until you find the one that says it has the crank)

>underpasses
>level 3
What the fuck are you doing. Everyone warns you to not go there.

In the 'every reload the changes the crank location' levels of random

Can i tell Knight the truth if i work for Coretech?

Hey, how come Heavyweight doesn't work with spears? Seems odd

They're normally pretty safe even at low levels.
On dominating i usually go there before the psi beetles, who are much harder.

>tfw absolutely no throwing

Because you gotta need a big boy heavy lifting to use hammers
Spears are not really heavy

>i don't even know if he can actually spawn before the drill quest is complete
He can. Went straight there after lighting the outposts for the tactical vest+dosh and was met wiith this exothermic aura using fuck tossing magnesium grenades at me. Cool to get a shield emitter and doctor's bag this early on though.
There's no reason not to go there before anything else. Like the other user said, they're way, way easier than dealing with the psi beetles.

Thanks m8, Im just worried about getting completely BTFO if I do it right away

Now why would you do that, son?

You can clear them at level one with the hammerer, psi punch everyone to death and then aimed shot for crits, you get yourself some real loot that will last until the GMS compound too, there's zero reason to not go to the underpass ASAP.

is that a hammer wizard I see?

Yeah, seeing other people talk about it made me want to try it out.

Is it possible to dabble in more than one psi skill in a hybrid guns/psi build?

Yes? You have more than enough skill points. Especially if you just want some non-scaling crap from time fuckery or something.

depends on what you mean with that, you can take 25 points in psychokinesis for forcefield and 75 on TM for stasis/adrenaline and thats 2 schools
now if you mean fully using them, It is but it will probably require quite a lot of minmaxing since it will leave you very starved for skill points and feats

i kind of wish it wasnt so easy to trivialize fights with bear traps, caltrops and gas/incendiary grenades. i spent hours planning out my character and it's like none of my skills even matter.

stop savescumming and its not a problem anymore, or just go to a higher difficulty, or even better, both

Why are there no big manly machine guns in this game?

Attached: 385641.jpg (2560x1920, 1.14M)

Was asking about that kind of dabbling. I'm dabbling in thought control with TM as my main.

Holy moly the university gives you a shitload of quests. I thought I was nearly done with the game.

you don't have to do all of them
but also even ignoring that you are very very far from the end

Is it ever explained how long the average person lives for? Given we have Ezra living over a hundred years.

The average joe lives about as much as a average human does. Assuming they dont get DOMINATED.

Ezra is not average. He really isnt.

Fair enough. It's just that living over a hundred seems more common than you'd think.

Ezra is not a normal guy, just like Dude . Old Biocorp had ways to prolong life of its important members and considering that Hollow Earth incident was about 189 years ago, it makes Ezra more than 250 years old.

as i said, depends on what you want to do with it, usually non-psi builds dip into psi for specific skills and its usually just enough points to get the skills they want(skills that don't scale like forcefield or stasis), but its different if you want to fully use a psi school, since you need to fully invest in it and then you probably need gear for it to be effective since for example TM costs are massive so if you are not using psi cost reduction you wont be using it a lot

there are other builds that mix better like hammers and psychokinesis, but if you are planning on taking though control you need to realize that you need to invest a lot of points on it and have some will otherwise your spells are going to mostly get resisted

Attached: pacino.jpg (341x260, 94K)

Don't ignore Institute quests, some of them are pretty cool.

Thanks user.
Also, if you use persuasion to get the gang to fuck off from the tunneler, does the Injured Faceless leave with them?

The people living over 100 are literally either ayys or ex-biocorp scientists that were experimenting with their bodies

or eidein that basically got tentacle fucked into immortality

>so if you are not using psi cost reduction you wont be using it a lot
Or you can do what I do and chug psi potions while abusing premeditation and Thermodynamicity

Spoonfeed me on Tchort. What is he really?

no, the faceless is unrelated to what happens to the gang (i think, honestly i always killed them so i wouldn't really know)

beat the game and you'll know

Can you do anything about the Faceless blockade of Core City?

you can, but that is a lot of points already, guns do not have that many points to spare to be taking premeditation, other perks and several psi schools

yes
but not for a very long time

I'm at level 25 so redpill me on this shit, unless it's post DC

it is

if you didn't beat the game you should go check for yourself, but if you want the spoilers

He is basically almost all of the biocorp scientists in charge of the mutagen project that got thrown into the mutagen tanks by the faceless as revenge for experimenting on them, they fused into that monstrosity which is theorized to be a baby leviathan (it would become a leviathan in the future) just like how its theorized that you are actually the third godmen

Thanks user. What's the deal with the Leviathans and Eldein? Is Eldein just a puppet?

Critical Power or Blindsiding first for a stealth knife user?

>Live in South Florida
>Hurricane has yet to even hit us
>Power keeps flickering so I cannot continue my War Crimes Simulator

Attached: 1567468078991.jpg (484x758, 121K)

It only does that if your character has INT/PER scores high enough.

>hardcore
More like a fucking pipegrinder

That said, if your INT/PER is low chances are you can kill those mutants without much hassle.

where is the rift in the university?

I agree, and I am glad that the puzzle is optional. My character just opened the door and chucked in a couple of nades and had it done in 30 seconds. I didn't know what to do with the puzzle because of my 3 PER/5 INT.

Critical Power if your crit chance is already high, Blindsiding if not yet.

It's not in the university, it's actually in the train area

What I love is the amount of detail in the story/dialogue. There are so many times when you get extra dialogue options based on things you've done that really don't have much to do with what is going on, or things you shouldn't maybe have done yet. Like becoming Invictus opens up a shitload of dialogue options on even the relatively early game things. If you rushed to Core City right after Depot A and become Invictus you'd have a shitload of dialogue options for it throughout the rest of the game.

There are also so many times when talking to someone allows you to go talk to other people about them.

>Leviathans
Gigantic, and I do mean fucking Titanic tier space snakes that eat suns and generaly are anti tech as fuck since GODMEN blast them out of existence with what I can only call a Solar powered Railgun that crosses entire galaxies in space in a matter of seconds. Its why Sormibaren are tribals.
>Eidein
He is a legitimately believing guy who has had knowledge of Genetics and shit transfered onto him by Tchort and is, for all that matters, a psionic supersoldier with the apex tech support of a conglomerate of Apex Biocorp scientists to make him healthier and stronger. He is not inherently evil. He simply founded the Institute to legitimately reach the Surface and wants to elevate mankind as a whole. He is a very much innocent man, that arguably isnt even being manipulated. Tchort may hide secrets like what happens with certain somebodies it absorbs but in truth, Tchort is the closest thing to a aiding, if moraly grey, God humanity can rely on. Goodness knows that the rest of the higher dimensioned beings are fucking faggots.
Nigga, Crit Power of course, you a knifeboi with no crits, the fuck?

You know the funny part? The wiki is pretty out of date and doesn't contain a lot of stuff. I mean 99% of the DLC isn't on there. The game has even more content than you might think. I have an insane amount of play time and haven't even beaten the game once.

I hit level 24
For my last basic feat should i pick
1. Cerebral trauma
2. Psychostatic electricity
3. Conditioning
?

Give build and post base stats

Thanks user. But what the fuck are the Godmen actually after? The Cube? Tanner? BTFOing Leviathans?

It's a high con pure psi build with psychosis that abuses last stand and hemopsychosis, with survival instincts for when you're at 1 hp.
I call it the Blood Mageâ„¢

Newfag here, anyone give me the run down of the different psi shit? Am I going to be like Dio if I focus on Temporal Manipulation? I wanna feel like I'm teleporting around and beat peoples ass with a sledgehammer. If I was to do a Melee + Psi run what should my beginning spread look like?

Cerebral Trauma

How different are male/female playthroughs? Probably not super significant, right?

Temporal Manipulation is more of a support role than anything. Less teleporting around and more debuffing/freezing enemies temporarily.

>Am I going to be like Dio if I focus on Temporal Manipulation?
Others may call me a brainlet but I wouldn't put a single point in time-wizardry other than for the "more AP" wizard power

>I call it the Blood Mageâ„¢
Neat, respect.
Conditioning or Cerebral trauma
Extra resistances vs shit is handy, but at 24 it kinda comes too late for my tastes
t. +10 STR 10 CON tin can
However, Cerebral increases NO for a 20%, that's pretty fucking descent if you actively use them, also the 'mana burn' fucks over other Psi users you just need to channelize your inner Demon Hunter

no it's pretty significant
i think male has an easier time overall

Male characters can romance some gorgeous women :^)

I am playing the game currently as a dude, I am just wondering if for my second playthrough I should be a woman.

Really?

Aight, this is getting into shaky ground theoreticals, but if what shit thats been told to me and my own theorizing is true then:

The faceless have atleast some DNA of the Godmen, and Godmen and higher plane beings are, to not pussyfoot around, fucking weak as shit in our plane of existence. Its why Six is so augmented. Its why the Faceless have such advanced tech. Six is here to make sure that, to make a very, very fucking BIG LONG STORY SHORT, his technicaly children/geneticaly similar labrat bonobo ape offsprings dont get cucked out of their main power supply by the goddamn Eldritch god they fucking created when they sperged out and threw their masters into the vats.Yes, you are essentialy a mailman who is here to retrieve a important power storage and delivery item from the Faceless because the Institute stole it just to spite the fucking previous lab experiments that fucked them over. I cannot blame Tchort honestly, Id grudge steal the USA's critical nuclear reactor core too if I was Mexico.

Six? He wants to do the above and also arrest Tanner since he assaulted one of his own. No no. They also want to BTFO leviathans yes.
Cerebral, psychostatic is a npc ability and conditioning is ehh unless you are tanking with tin cans.

If you wanna get turned into a hamburger, sure.
>Not wanting to get choked by daddy Briggs

I guess cerebral trauma it is

Alright, that stuff I mostly already knew. Thanks so much for your help user. It all makes sense.

the main parts of the game don't get changed but sometimes you get different options to deal with things based on gender

Bang on banga. If you need any other info, just ask, ill try to aid ya.

How bad is it bros?

Attached: Untitled.png (1145x901, 140K)

>Am I going to be like Dio if I focus on Temporal Manipulation?
Not exacly but pretty good nevertheless
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Temporal_Manipulation
Give it a gander, then come back for advice

>I wanna feel like I'm teleporting around and beat peoples ass with a sledgehammer.
Totally viable, if you're a 'berserker' sledgehammer strain, is possible, if you're the 'tin can' strain, it's a whole another matter however.

>If I was to do a Melee + Psi run what should my beginning spread look like?
For the 'Tin Can' hammerer strain:
10 Strenght
10 Constitution
6 Agility
3 DEX and 3 PER
Will and Int at your choosing, I suggest you getting Psychokinesis too
If you get Psychokinesis, you will become a Hammer Wizard
Dont you want to become a muscle wizard, user?

Depends. What do you trully want to be user?

What you're trying to do?
Give context
What build you're following?

Alright. What's the deal with the natives and worshiping the Snake God? Are they the remains of the NFS employees who went insane and apparently worshiped a Leviathan? What was Lemuria anyhow?

I was just trying to be a speedy glass cannon, but now think Psi might be a little fun to mix into it.

I'm using a sledge right now but might change

Didnt you read the exped my man?

The natives are Lemurians, who alongside the Subislanders, who lived in Abyssal, experimented with the Shadowlith they recovered very, very deep into the sea. The did go insane. Insane enough they slaughtered every single other Subislander besides Todd, worshipping Flotsomir, a Leviathan, snorting crunched up Shadowlith Dust and doing other very very freaky things.

Lemuria, out of the game, is one of the many sunken cities like Atlantis. Ingame it doesnt matter. Lemuria used to be fucking beautiful user, like, seriously gorgeous but shit went down, Biocorp found out about the Shadowlith and other shit and they just killed them all, suposedly. That shit is a fucking portal to their dimension user. That shit is too complex and fucked up for humans to process and these fuckers were going 100% ooga booga FORSKAR FLOTTSOMIR over that shit.

Lemurians were already wearing tribal shit while down under in Abyssal. To say they went insane is wrong, they went fucking apeshit.

Lemuria was one of the 4 NFT habitats, others being Horizon (a space station), Atlantis (underwater complex) and the fourth one which I don't remember. When Biocorp gassed Lemuria, Abyssal Station and its personnel (mostly Norse Subislanders from Atlantis) remained undiscovered and relatively safe. Tensions raised steadily because of Noctolith influence and at some points Subislanders ROSE UP and killed fucktons of population, then RISING UP from the depths and taking piece of Noctolith with them. They were psychically and physically altered by Noctolith influence, turning into reptiloid hybrids. They can't spread south because of Godmen Monolith near the Black Sea entrance.

TM is like a plasma pistol: sure, you can stack 5395840312 temp distortions on someone and watch them blink out of existence for a gorillion damage, but it's overkill beyond overkill and continuum ripple only makes it slightly more interesting

So you're going for a speedy 'berserker' hammer?
10 Strenght. Mandatory.
You can tank DEX to 3 unless you want to get Escape Artist feat. Sledgehammers doesnt benefits from dexterity, only Strenght, however Dodging and Evasion benefits from Agility and Dexterity
Tank PER to 3, useless for a hammer/hammer psi/psi like you.
Get 7 Will if you also want to get psychokinesis, which I encourage you to do
Intelligence boost crafting and other stuff, but it's not really mandatory
I'd get a little bit higher CON tho

Then again, I'm a tin can, I never tried a speedy hammer so take my advice with a grain of salt

Thanks for clearing everything up. Now I understand why the natives need to be killed. I don't understand why the fuck they're Norwegian and all, but it all makes so much sense! Shame what happened to Lemuria though.
Is it wrong if I want to see more station war and political action in a potential sequel/expac? I'd have liked to explore the war between SGS and Omega.

can I respec?

What happened to Horizon and Atlantis then?

>Tensions raised steadily because of Noctolith influence and at some points Subislanders ROSE UP and killed fucktons of population, then RISING UP from the depths and taking piece of Noctolith with them
Wrong people user, its backwards. Todd is a subislander, with a Lemurian wife, Aastra or whatever she was called, essentialy the people with the pseudo slav polish-swedish dialect.
It indeed was a shame. Fucking gorgeous aesthetics wise. And no, shit like this is a gem.

I'd just love Underrail 2 to be like Baldur's Gate 2. Higher stakes, more of everything.

No.
Think really well what you're doing.
Ask all your doubts away, this is your only time, make use of it.

was i supposed to blast the shadowlith fragment in that one native boss room

Is that a question?
Then yes, where the shaman boss is

Correct. Use the Torch dummy.

I'll give this a go, just finished the DLC.

First let's start with Lemuria. Lemuria was one of four attempts by NFS at creating self-sustaining environments for humans to live in. We only know about two other ones, Horizon (moon/space base?), and Atlantis (think Bioshock Rapture). No idea about the 4th one but I'd assume it was either a sky city or domed cities on the surface.

At some point it was deemed that some of the folks from Atlantis (call themselves subislanders) should migrate to Lemuria, specifically to Abyssal Station Zero. Down there was a mix of Lemurian natives and subislanders. Down there is ALSO a dark monlith (shadowlith) which is essentially the opposite of the giant one near the entrance to the Black Sea. The Shadowlith is essentially a conduit for a Leviathan, Flotsormir, (a real leviathan, not a proto-leviathan like Tchort) to enter/influence our world. They studied this thing down there until they found out a way to cut it up and make void dust out of it. The more dust you apply to a person the more enhanced their psionic abilities and intelligence become. But they also become completely insane.

So you've got this perfect storm of foreigners in a foreign land that decide to huff madness inducing void dust. They eventually say "fuck the Lemurians" at some point (not sure if this is before or after Biocorp) and kill almost all of the ones in Abyssal Station Zero. Presumably they continue to regress technologically and become more in touch with Flotsormir.

At least that is my take on it. I wish I wrote a lot of the lore bits down because a lot of it isn't readily accessible.

I've done speedy hammer but never with psi. It's the same as all speedy builds really: become siphoner man and never get hit while also having a ton of mp and maxing strength. you tend to get some int for skinner since it's your lifeblood though, instead of wil, obviously

yes and no, the tribals are the inhabitants of another NFS facility called atlantis, they where sent to abyssal station along with the shadowlith for research, when biocorp fucked lemuria the higher ups took refuge in abyssal station, for a while everything was going fine, but the paranoia from the cultural differences between the lemurians and the atlantians where causing problems, so the atlantians locked themselves in the research area with the shadowlith, then they became cultists thanks to some good old brainwashing from an interdimensional snake, they got out of the lab, murdered everybody except for todd and got to the surface and became the tribals, there might have been some regular lemurians that got indoctrinated as well but its not specifically pointed out

>they slaughtered every single other Subislander besides Todd

You are mixing up your timeline. Disunion happened long before Todd's birth, about a hundred years ago.

Hm.
How relevant is DEX for a berzerker anyways?
I know Dodge and Evasion are affected by Agility and Dexterity, but there is quite literally no reason to invest on DEX on a hammer, besides maybe for Escape Artist

Wait shit right, this is ancient history and these guys have been around for a long ass time while Todd and Astra were some of the few last surviving ones. Sorry user.

Wait a sec. Subislanders are Norse (Oyvindr family) and Sormirbaeren are formerly Subislanders (notice the pseudo-Norse language) and Subislanders are/were Atlantis personnel, adapted to live in submarine-like conditions. Todd, on the contrary, is Lemurian, while his wife Synneva was Subislander. You must be mistaken.
Subislanders found Noctolith at some point and began to study it, with dust inhaling and blood sacrifice later.

You know if it mentions anywhere exactly WHEN Biocorp BTFO'd Lemuria? Trying to figure out when the Disunion happened in relation to Biocorp invading.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a PnP system that would work well using Underrail for the setting?

I'm really only familiar with DnD 3.5/Pathfinder and think those are way too complex for what I'm trying to do.

Gurps?

user, unless my lore is seriously fucky, which it could be, Subislanders were the ones who were already there and didnt act like total cunts for the most part, it was the Lemurians who were unadapted, researched the shadowlith, had isues constantly and slowly made the divide as they started getting whispers from good old Snek. Todd isnt Lemurian, he is a subislander , which is why he never had any issue with limited space or anything of the kind, they are very much adapted towards it all.

Discovery of Noctolith->Biocorp attack (could be in response)->Disunion and Exodus of Sormirbaeren

>Biocorp BTFO'd Lemuria
249 years 7 months and 14 days ago.

>Disunion
About 100 years ago.

I would assume the natives are[spoilers] the Subislanders because they're the ones with the Norse names. Todd is Todd Newman, while the other family you "talk" to through him are the Oyvindrs, who are from Atlantis. I'm sure there was an assimilation of some Lemurians but just going on the names and language they use it is predominately Atlantean/subislander.[/spoiler]

user: Ctrl + S

Firstly, Ctrl-S user.

Secondly, Todd, Subislander, Newman. Astra, lemurian, Oyvindir. The pseudo polish-swedish-danishmen are Lemurians. Lemurians are the ones who went insane.

INT: 3 build, eh user?

Anons, is a pure psi murder hobo the peak of builds? I'm level 28 and in DC and am practically invincible. Mostly have been since I got premeditation/force user.

I've literally never felt the need to use spoilers until now, thanks anons.

:(

literally not at all and you're short on base stats to spend on it regardless. yes, your throwing will suck

Sorry mate, but it's the other way around. Subislanders are Atlanteans, and the ones who went insane. Lemurians are refugees who were escaping from the Great War.

Sorry to be a fagget, but Id like some screencaps and the like user.

Someone send me abyssal station autosave, I need to do some fucking research.

APEX HARDCORE

-can only be unlocked after beating the game on DOMINATING
-items sold are worth 10% their regular price
-carrying capacity reduced by 50%
-grenade cooldowns are increased by 1 turn
-high efficieny energy converters nerfed to regenerating x% of energy lost to damage, at y% per round
-toxic gas simply deals bio damage each round/if moved through; no damage multiplication
-using psi abilities from 1 school will increase the action point cost of psi abilities from other schools
-forcefield functions as an energy shield against ranged attacks and has a certain amount of hp against melee attacks before failing (dependent on skill)
-all npc's have 30% greater detection & trap detection (bosses have 50% greater)
-bear traps dont function if they deal no damage, stronger enemies have shorter durations, and spotted traps use your traps skill vs their dodge
-some enemies (typically knife-users) will have black dragon throwing knives/crossbow bolts, and such traps can also be found
-trap location and type is somewhat random
-enemy placement is somewhat random
-npc's that spot traps or corpses will turn orange and search the map (and pull alarms, if any)
-if spotted, all hostile npc's on that map will never turn back to green; yellow minimum
-npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
-most hostile npc's, if they can't attack you on their current turn, will instead head for cover or distance
-if you are seen entering stealth in a controlled or partially controlled map, npc's will turn hostile
-each of the five tribal invasions will be lead by a boss tribal; old ice guy first, then eldran, then bone guy, then oyensorm, then magnar
-Tchort will resurrect after a few turns as long as at least one mutagen tank is still active; how long depends on how many are active

>yes, your throwing will suck
Not a real biggie since you can evade the hurt away anyways.
The problem are Flashbangs and EMPs

I can provide. You just need the Underrail\Saves folder?

Yes

>-toxic gas simply deals bio damage each round/if moved through; no damage multiplication
I know war crimes are really OP and are kind of a crunch, but man they are really fun to do, it'd be sad to see them go away

its still a source of extra damage

Here ya go. filebin.net/bs0dzgl4l2u2spai
Let me know if it doesn't work. Unfortunately I only found about the torch after I left, so the character doesn't have that on him.

Yeah but the contaminated debuff was the real deal with brap nades
Otherwise they'd function like different fire nades, which is okay, I guess, but not as entertaining to perform

Sure. Which of the about 50 examples would you like?

Torch isn't required for questions I need to ask the game. Thanks.

As many as you want user. Beat me the fuck out.

I know, but it was just too good. Maybe the bio damage can stack with itself to a point; like 10-20 damage on turn one, 20-40 on turn two, etc.

So I want to dip my toes (or more accurately dunk my head) into making a Psi character has I have not used any Psi on any character.

What should my stat spread look like, and what are decent feats/skills to get? I want to be Pure Psi, so not hammer wizard or monk though those are still cool.

Reduce Gas nade cooldown and make toxic gas more stackable
With 3 stacked brap nades would make a so foul brap cloud that all brapfags would die at the first sniff
I'm sorry

>Pure Psi
10 Will and 10 Intelligence from the get go.
The rest depends if you want to level CON, for extra HP and tankiness, or level up AGI to 6 to have Sprint and be really fucking mobile.
Also if you think using Riot Gear you'd need strenght to 4

just get all the psi schools you want maxed and then pick whatever you feel like you are going to use, crafting is specially good

as for attributes, you want will and atleast 7 int, everything else can be whatever you want and you can also dump whatever you want

What are the important crafting schools for psionics? I know you need biology, but is chemistry important?

Chemistry is good for explosives, otherwise you don't really need it as a psi, electronics and mechanics are far more important, as well as tailoring.

it isn't important but if you are going high int you should take some of it, i think you need 60 or 70 effective skill to craft all the drugs you can use from it, but if you don't want to craft drugs at all then you don't need it

it really depends if you want to go psychosis or tranquility, tranq has less use for drugs, but psychosis can reliably use trance which gives you 100% crit damage and thats pretty great

electronics is your best friend, and you want tailoring and mechanics too to craft psi vests (a little bit less than electronics since the psi bonus isn't really dependent on those, tailoring and mechanics will just make the vest itself better not the bonus psi)

Electronics, hands down.
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psionic_Headband
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Energy_Shield_Emitter
Then comes biology, mechanics and tailoring
Chemistry is an utility crafting school, it depends on how much use you think you will make of it.

Doomping some screenshots about Disunion here

dropbox.com/s/qv8zg01whuzreph/Disunion.rar?dl=0

TL;DR It was the Subislanders who ROSE UP and became the Snakefags

It's the other way around though. You go through a shitload of dialogue that hammers this in, some of it even repeating, how did you get it backwards, son? When you speak to Todd's parents, they constantly go "oh, THOSE subislanders." The big deal about Todd shooting blanks is even tied to L*murians not being able to handle the confines of the station.

Attached: 20190831003033_1.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

Thank you for your tips. Do you guys think Tranquility or Psychosis are overall more effective?

Enough?

Attached: disunion.png (1408x3164, 352K)

Tranquility line is best for spammy spells, but psychosis are better for nukes.
I'd say tranquility, because you need to really know your shit using Psychosis/Psychomania, while Tranquility/Meditation are far more forgiving while still remaining useful

Lemurian hivemind, assemble!

Attached: underrail_lowtest.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

I so declare myself BTFO. Apologies and thanks anons.

in anything other than dominating, psychosis completely blows tranquility out of the water

on dominating they are about the same, psychosis ends fights a bit faster and has less problems with short hard fights, while tranquility fights last longer but are safer and it deals with multiple wave fights much better

they both shit on bosses hard enough not to matter, the biggest difference i guess its robots, they are the hardest enemies against psi, and tranquility deals with them much better than psychosis (now that you have distortion, otherwise tranquility sucks dick against them)

No problem, dude. Cheers!

If we assemble too much, our collective artism will break reality. Someone get the war crimes ready, just in case.

Attached: 20190831002707_1.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

I'll probably be playing on hard, though I am not sure what style of Psionics I want to be. I don't know if it is any good, but the Feat that makes your Fire/Ice spells cost less seemed very intriguing to me, but then again I also love the idea of mass enraging people with locus of control.

'scool, man. I hate you for triggering my screenshot autism, but no harm done.

>new playthrough
>lvl 1, exploring near GMS
>find a 7.62 marauder
>go back to sell some loot
>harold has x2 starter admixtures and x2 toxic waste
: )

Go for psychosis if you feel brave, I said tranquility because you're a newcomer to psi, and psychosis requires you know your shit very well
But if you're 10 INT in real life, it shouldn't be difficulty for you.

is there a quest for this place
i never saw this my first time through the game

Attached: file.png (834x534, 604K)

What the fuck. Where is that place?

I beat hard with a tin-can AR, which was pretty basic but I did a lot of cheesing/war crimes with Molotovs/Gas Grenades/Caltrops.

If a Thermodynamicity is viable, that sounds pretty baller. Though it is hard to tell if further reducing the AP cost would be good, or if just more crit is better.

Where is it?

No quest, although it's connected to Nevil's.

MAP LOCATION

The game has a fucking map and you're vague as fuck

Engage your brain

if you are going full psi you should be taking at least 3/4 of the schools, a single school on its own wont be able to carry you through the game since they have very strong weakpoints, psi is really strong when you use all the schools, the weakest one of the bunch is methatermics, since it doesn't really do much that the other schools can't do and you can always dump that one if you don't have enough points to spare (having 25 point on it for fireball is a good idea though since its an excellent mine clearing tool)

it's the area the tchortists don't let you into
I found a secret vent in the west wing in the room with the coil spiders

It's probably forbidden section of the Institute, where they do their human experimentation.

>the weakest one of the bunch is methatermics
Wat

Cryo orb practically one-shots everything and the two electricity-based attacks are essential for robots. Have you been at the motion again?

It isn't specifically a quest but there is something to do there that impacts one of the ending slides

you can save the rejects and help them escape, you can even do it without killing a single tchorist and keep being friendly with them

I'm not really sold on Thermodynamicity desu, as each elemental school cancels the debuffs of the other.
Hypothermia has more use, as you can reduce the CON of big dick bosses, but I think on hard it shouldn't be necessary
Pyromania, tho, seems really fucking great

No there is no quest. You can however free some of the rejects. You'll have to make sure they escape safely, but there is really no point in doing it other than for RPing. They end up getting an end credits slide though if you set them free.

>and the two electricity-based attacks
are Psychokinesis.

Not him but:
Can you do it without Stealth/Hacking?
My tin can is a good doer but he's too big and retarded to be stealthy/subtle

electricity attacks are psychokinesis and cryorb only one shots things with psychosis and most of the time only on hard and lower, and you can do the same with neural overload, while enemies with high DR will not die from cryorb

My retardation is boundless

i needed hacking to even open the cells so i don't think so

you need at least 8 perception to find the vent to sneak in and to be able to tell that to the rejects so they can escape, and at the very least you will need a full stealth gear set to do it, and im not 100% sure but i think you do need hacking since you need to use the console to open the cells, but there might be a key somewhere

Not him, but electrokinesis, besides long range stun it aint -that- great
Proxy punch usually deals a fuckton of damage, and electrokinetic imprint also deals a fuckton of damage while stunning and being an undetectable trap

I like the concept of TNT in this game. Styg should extend it to doors and other things as a solution for when you've no skill points.

It's gonna be bloody.

If I murder everyone in Institute, does the Tchortists in DC become hostile?
Will the faceless be hostile to me?

they shouldn't though i can't confirm that
lore wise they lost all contact with the university which is why you can tell them whatever you want and they'll believe you

first you find the vent to get into the facility, then you plant a tnt close to the experiment tanks so the guards will rush there to check it out and wont kill the rejects, then you run fast through the vents, hack the console and let the rejects free, you speak to their leader and tell them about the hole in the west wing(you need to go through it at least once to be able to tell them about it) and i also think you need 70 persuasion to be able to convince them to trust you

I tried to get into the Tchort west wing when I showed up and they told me to fuck off. I have permission now from Samuel and they won't talk to me. Is there another way in?

Trinitrotoluene can't melt supersteel doors.

no, the tchorists in DC know nothing about the institute so you can just kill everybody and they wont know, the faceless attacking the institute are still hostile but they won't bother you in DC if you helped them before and you didn't kill more than the threshold dependant on difficulty they have

Nvm it's upstairs...

Welp.
Time to do another genocide run.

Sad really, I really like the principal investigators, they are total bros. I will feel bad for doing it.

So, are Atlanteans and Lemurians both some kind of sub-species of human?

>there might be a key somewhere
There is.
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reject

No.
Depends how you acted during the other three, possible Faceless encounters.

A little psi can take care of that.

>styg pls

They die anyways when the faceless invade so it doesn't really matter

Yeah but killing bros just feels bad man.
Guess I can 1 shot them so they dont suffer.

Meant to say the first of the three is bullshit but maybe it was meant to be a secret?

They are all just humans. Lemurian, Atlantean, etc are just their "nationality". Same way you are a Southgater and a Southerner.

10CON, 8 INT or 8CON 10INT?

Speaking of the Faceless, what's with that cave in Core City? Am I ever gonna be able to walk in there without slaughtering however many Faceless there are?

Yeah, but there's nothing there.

I was curious given the diseases mentioned with the Lemurians and Atlanteans being different. Todd spoke of needing artificial reproduction after all.
Also, are the player's origins ever touched upon? Or no?

How high is the Hacking check to free the experiments?

do per dump chars just have to walk into traps until they work out where they all are? seems like it'd be annoying as fuck.

Also how do I unlock the last utility slot? already have quick pockets and a +2 belt.

Attached: eeeee.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

10 int
More time to enjoy increased psi regen and nothing should hit you until level 6

if you already did all the other quest you don't really need to kill anybody except for eindein and a couple of guards, just free the rejects, clear the way for them to the west wing (or find the secret vent, even if you dumped perception to 3 you can buff it up with drugs, food and items to be enough to see it), once you free the rejects head to eindeins office, zone him, grab his shit and head to the elevator

Pyromaniac exothermic aura when

Am I honestly gonna get fucked over if I dump either Lockpicking or Hacking? I really feel like my points are spread thin and I want to drop one of the two. I think Hacking is probably better, right?

you can blow up traps with a lot of different things, most people also already know which areas have traps, and some detection googles are usually enough to detect them

What's the perception check to find the vents?
How high is the Hacking check to free the experiments?
I have a mighty need right now

But... then why are they there? Bunch of goddamn robot spooks.

see

10INT.
You get much better crafting multipliers, which means you can spend attribute points somewhere else, more fun dialogue options, better psi regen and more options for energy pistols, which are quite busted.

>went 10con/8int

Attached: ok.png (512x686, 14K)

welp, i'mma be a psionic god

Welp.
Off to crack some skulls then.

People from different places react differently to diseases, that's all. Like southerners have this phobia of vast caves with high ceilings.
>Also, are the player's origins ever touched upon?
No, but everyone and their mother thinks you are a Southerner because of how you look and speak. Although you can pass as a slav.

i threw a pesticide grenade at one of the neutral crawlers in the west wing and it out regenerated the damage

Aight, is stoicism or conditioning good besides fast metabolism for psi?

should i get energy management early or any other feat?

What is the cap on persuasion checks?

Remember that Mercantile also scales with INT, so make good use of it.
you can get access to the first tier of mercantile goods very early, which coupled with high crafting scores can really make a big difference.

Stoicism aint that great really.
t. Tin Can

However, Conditioning is fucking great specially if it's one of your starting feats and start with high CON

The highest Persuation check is 130

Attached: file.png (340x257, 126K)

I thought it was 115

I'm not really certain, however it's around that number for that event in DC

Is it really? 13% on a psi wizard doesn't sound like much

Stoicism is bonkers if you pair it with morphine and survival instincts. Just remember to heal before the morphine pop

Steam guide says it's 110, though there might be higher checks in Expedition.

Oh right, psi wizards are not armoured.
Well, now that you point it out, it's not that useful, it's better to get sprint and remain mobile then.

how the fuck do I deal with locust hives as a machetebro

Could be, I remember that doing the Protectorate ship raid solo needed 105, so I wouldn't be surprised if it went higher later in the DLC.

Fire is your best friend
High Bioharzard protection gear to nullify their damage

You rip and tear, until it is done.

Alright, Stoicism or power management?
>inb4 power management

Who would ever say no to 35% fuel on your shield?

stealth + TNT
stealth + flurryflurryflurryflurrylfurryGRENADEflurryflurryflurryflurry etc

How do these feats look for a pure Psi build? To be honest its a bit hard to choose because you get a lot of feats available at the same time and its just sort of about the order.

Starting Stats:
STR: 3 (Hello permanently wearing Lifting belt)
DEX: 3
AGI: 6 (Sprint)
CON: 5
PER: 3
Will: 10 (I also put every leveling point into this)
INT: 10

Attached: 93ba60a32fbe21e4a5401dadd53c20db.png (452x281, 11K)

Iron Gut + Other bio gear and rip and tear till its over.

Alternatively get as much stealth gear as you can and sneak up and place TNT on the hive.

Best belt for psi is definitely Doctor's

Oh, also, I have no idea where to put my Spec points.

You can't get psychosis that early, drop future orientation (It's more suited for tranquil psi), don't pick out neurology (tranquil again), mental subversion doesn't increase NO damage with each casting unfortunately, and you're missing a feat.

I love how there's SO MUCH Invictus dialogue

Attached: INVICTUS.jpg (1463x385, 90K)

I liked the first option more. Guy just thinks you're bullshitting him.

Not even 5 minutes later there's even more
He's the best, he's apex!

Attached: INVICTUS2.jpg (2114x413, 95K)

>tfw when only Ladelmann recognizes you as the invictus
The only thing I feel bad about siding with the pirates is that Ladelmann is with Aegis.

Attached: 1564105187400.png (654x477, 517K)

Well, drinking and being drugged is always fun in Underrail Evelyn flashbacks intensify

i was originally planning on pumping it so i could use entropic recurrence to triple the damage of plasma aimed shots for 10ap, but nothing has actually managed to survive a crit from that broken ass gun yet.

I never got the impression that becoming the Invictus was such a huge deal.

always take the red pill over the blue pill

Attached: 20190903151028_1.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

Attached: dis zoner serious.png (284x142, 35K)

Higher crit chance or bonus crit damage for psychosis psi?

user, consider the fact that most zoners dont get past the 2nd round of teamfighting versus animals, then you have one dude who killed over 5 people who kill others for sport, and then the current Invictus, who with his bare fucking fists, is able to murder people for a decade and got so bored from killing, tried his best to rig a new promissing fighter just so he could fight him in the arena.

Invictus arent just small fry boodsports gladiators. Its people who legit live to kill and demolished tons of people to get there. Its people who fucking live to murder others in gloriou capitalistic dominion in a blood soaked arena. Every. Single. Day.

It isnt being Muhhamed Ali user. This is the equivalent of being a superhero to most Southerners and every single Zoner with a dream.

Attached: 1516563804999.jpg (516x485, 25K)

so whats up with the monolith in the west wing
doesn't look like the shadowlith or the godmen ones

It... well, it was easy.

And I like my regular arena title more.

>coretech warehouse mission
>six crossbow niggers in a row
oh come the fuck on

It was easy because you are a inherently dominating motherfucker who demolished people that are ultrabosses to the average Joe user. We are a grade above every level 3 zoner that isnt packing shockbolts.
Protip bre. Gas nades, place bear traps at the entrance and a braap nade, shoot em or grenade em after they do the sniff.

Godmen monoliths have a lot of variety in how they look. Maybe Shadowliths too, but we've only seen one so who knows.

What is a good level to be grabbing psychosis? And thanks for your advice I'll drop those feats.

I play my build and my build is not cau
gas nades are not the only way to play this game

Id say its godmen monolith

Literally your second level. Unfortunately, you're not going to have enough skill points invested in your psi skills to pick any of them out. Early game will be somewhat rough until you craft a muffled headband and some psi beetle vest armor

Oh, you mean I can't get it during character creation. You're right.

>Has the ideal tools for the trade
>Refuses to use it
>Then complains he's getting zoned out
Pipeworker

You don't need gas grenades, but traps, molotovs and braaaap are the perfect tools for a defensive fight. If your build is averse to fortifying a defensible position, then I hope you at least have 3 int to go with that.

This thread is close to the limit. Time to jump ship.

>picking a mindshroom in silent isle on accident

Attached: 1565182535540.png (500x500, 296K)

Also what do you bros recommend for specilization points?

is this one of those
>get a general
posts except you literally lurk here everyday and copy a pic to try to get us punted into vg

>Edition
Neck yourself you cunt

did you fail to get your janny application in on time?

They respawn, come back later
Use flares
Use molotovs

whats so bad about vg? just wondering

Here is a real thread

It's where discussion comes to die. And it either dies entirely or is replaced with waifufaggotry, attention-whoring or just regular old shitposting.

>stealth
>mines
>silenced 5mm smg with 10ap bursts
will this do enough damage to hack it on hard/dominating? thought id ask up front before sinking time into it.

i tried that except without gimping myself with a silencer and I couldn't handle it
couldn't do nearly enough damage to kill things
maybe i'm just shit though

Ballistic guns are often considered shit

you can kill shit with silenced weapons if you optimize your autism

>smart goggles
>smart module, silencer, hawker
>infused rathound leather armor
>focus stim
>adrenaline/cocaine
>hardcore chips
>whichever of w2c or jhp that makes the most sense
>taser