This game... would be a little much for me

This game... would be a little much for me.

I hope they don't remake it. I'm not a SJW or anything but this game is pretty offensive to me.

Attached: sh.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_of_expectation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literary_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative_criticism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God shut the fuck up saucy.
You're so terrible at everything, even when you play games i actually like you play them wrong and like a goddamn retard.
Just kill yourself already, you have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

saucy is a failure... a worthless failure.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

i hope they remake it and make it more offensive and more sexual

It's not the sex that's bad.

It demonizes everything. It demonizes the church, it demonizes medicine, it demonizes family, it demonizes demons, it demonizes God, it demonizes EVERYTHING.

Attached: Hitchcock_The_Secret_of_the_Golden_Flower_2018_Letters_cut_from_my_Aunt_Helen_s_Bible_thorns_15_25_x (3207x3152, 1.85M)

I hope they remake it and that they demonize op specifically in it

Kek you're such a goddamn retard.
It's a personal game about a father and a girl, The Order isn't meant to be christianity as a whole, it's a specific sect that isn't even technically christian and just uses some elements to sweeten the pill.
You're such an insecure little smear of mosquito shit with the intelligence of a broken toaster, i swear.

Attached: 1317588718124.jpg (360x259, 35K)

And? The developers didn't make it with you in mind.

On that note, who are you again and why do you assume your opinion matters?

Stfu

>who are you again
Some mentally challenged /pol/tard.
I mean that in a literal sense, he's actually borderline autistic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_of_expectation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literary_theory

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative_criticism

Any of these ring a bell? Wouldn't any of these help deliberate the opinions on narrative and everything therein?

Play SH3.
You barely functioning imbecile.

The church has a history of massacres, pillages, clerical rapes and riches accumulation. It's okay to think about how bad it truly is.
Abuse of medicine, self medication, opiates bonanza as it is in the US nowadays is problematic.
Family is where most of the abuse to children happens. Worth keeping in mind in order not to advocate its wellness blindly.
Demons and God don't exist, aren't you interested in a brand new take on your favourite fiction ?
>Namefag
Ah, 'should have known.

Attached: 1519946742318.png (1280x1460, 1.94M)

Silent Hill 3 still offers a coup de theatre! And a wholesome message about family!

Are you being ironic here or not, you chimp?
>And a wholesome message about family!
Because it actually unironically does, that's half the character arc with Heather herself.
She does 90% of the things she does because she loves her dad and knows how good of a dad he was.
Not only that but Douglas too, regrets not being a better father and by the end wants to protect Heather and sees her as a daughter figure.

Or did you get stuck at the imagery of Heather puking up the fetus, and Claudia having family trauma and your little monkey brain couldn't see past that, minuscle idiot?
Because Claudia reacts to her family abuse by wanting to nurture first Heather herself as a mother, and then becoming a mother figure herself, all for the sake of saving humanity from violence and pain, that she herself experienced.
Obviously her methodology is distorted due to her upbringing, but digging in lower than the absolute minimum surface level, it's easy to see that her motivations aren't evil at all, and she strongly believes in ending human suffering.

Attached: 346.gif (624x352, 3.88M)

If abuse is one of the primary themes in the game, why does Cybil have to die, or even be saved? Her entire reason for being in the story is to provide emotional stratificaiton for Harry's journey into hell. Her whole character just seems miserable and untended to if that's one of the themes.

Then on top of that, the game is so vulgar and grody. What was with the mall televisions? Did they think that through or was it just more stuff to put in the story because of artistic liberties? The whole thing is just viral, even the end of the game with the Olympian gods Ophiel and Phaleg was just graffiti for the sake of graffiti, the names symbolized literally nothing in the story. Even DOOM has better metaphors than that.

Attached: 4398998739_2dc7065e70.jpg (500x424, 43K)

Saying "this game would be too much for me" and then proceeding to say that you've played it until the very end makes you dishonest.

You've overthinking the horror elements of a horror game.
The actual shit that matters and the core messages are plain to see, the rest are elements to make the setting creepy and help pacing and progression.
Stop being autistic.
Not everything is about you and what you believe in.
In fact, essentially nothing is about you, ever.

Attached: 1345245517075.jpg (1121x795, 1.22M)

How?

Too much for me is an idiom, describing overwhelm.

>overthinking in a horror theme

It's not possible, You're just being an amateur and calling it professionalism.

Attached: Julia Kristeva powers of horror.jpg (940x867, 411K)

There's really no hope for you, is there, saucy?
Hey, since we're on the subject of SH and you being a completely autistic incel, why don't we talk about shit that matters?

Why don't we talk about a character that realistically presents the kind of person you will become in 5 years or so?

Attached: Walter.jpg (1002x944, 52K)

I hope english is not your native language, otherwise read a book, learn how humans communicate before attempting to.

I admit it, I'm a furfag, just leave me alone!

It's clear that the game has very serious issues with narrative which are exploited through graffiti and counter-culture monotheism. It's people like you who give horror its black sheep, and cradle it to the professionals and experts as an absolute good.

Megafaggot.

Anyone wanna ERP? =^.^=

5 years tops, saucy.
It'll be fun reading about you in the news.
Remember to aim towards the palate, inside your mouth, upwards, most of the time aiming for the temple doesn't do the job right.

Attached: walter.png (1024x868, 1M)

You made the same post in the Monster Hunter thread. You deleted it after but I saw your blunder you imbecile.

When Jefferey Dahmer wanted to affect his victims through fear, he didn't try to come off as a prematurely built schizophrenic, just for your information.

I AM A HUGE FAGGOT

Why are you so exasperated?

mmmm dicks

A failure... saucy is another worthless failure. Nothing he can do is important.

no one is forcing you to play it faggot

Silent Hill is a bad game. It is one of the most vulgar and offensive games I have ever played. The game illustrates boundaries between crime, religion and family, while simultaneously aggravating the impetuses which forward these agendas. Silent Hill is also deeply engrosses in counter culture and a leading messenger on the "underground lifestyle," presented through its atypical heroes, and characters motioned through personality rather than instrumentality.

Harry Mason is the star and protagonist of the original game. This game by far, is the most offensive. Harry's journey into Silent Hill leads him into a car crash, where he then meets Cybil Bennett. Cybil and Harry look for his lost daughter, Cheryl. Cheryl, a small girl who is lost in Silent Hill, is roped into the fantasy and nightmare of the moorish town. The characters themselves represent mythological heroes and gods. Harry Mason takes the role of a passionate creator, who can only uncover more of his own mystery. Cybil, a name taken from the Greek seer, a Sybil, prophesizes and warns Harry as an allegiant and friend, of the impending danger. Cybil is like a divine hero, in that she does not do anything "godly," but her capabilities are both reliable and useful to the gods. This police officer is uncreative, unimaginative, and can only see things for what they really are, which is far to the contrast of the game's hero, Harry Mason.

As players dive into the experience, they'll uncover mysteries and pluralities of religion which are explained and then exhausted, over and over again. This is key. Silent Hill is a game about monotheism and the resurrection of God's mother. As you progress through the game, you will kill more and more mythological creatures, to make way for the penultimate deity Rhea, or in Silent Hill, Alessa. Alessa is a critical employ of the plot, as she governs and mothers the town as its savior and ruiner. In the realm of semiotics, Alessa is a partial "réflexion" meaning a kind of idea or concept, which can only be admired after its realization. The world's finest mother has forsaken her kin, the child of universe, given to her primordial genders; these things, like film negatives, underscore the absolution in Alessa's identity.

Alessa, who is the daughter of Dahlia Gillespie, manages to fool both Harry Mason and Dr.Michael Kauffman into the resurrection of God. Dahlia Gillespie plays the villain with sacrificial powers, and the mythical Flauros, capable of piercing through the darkness. This is also critical. Dahlia Gillespie works through sacrifice, like the mythological creature Baphomet. Baphomet is a she-goat, with a pentagram engraved in its chest, and human arms and breasts adorned in a woman's image. Baphomet is symbolic of his "fair trades." In that he trades one gender, or quality of a gender, for another. Not to be confused with Moloch, who's sacrifice is an unfair trade, that being the murder of children, to preserve the elderly. These are the mechanisms at work in the tale of Silent Hill.

Cheryl is lost for most the game, and players rarely see her. They'll uncover clues and facts about her whereabouts. As the game progresses, players find that she is being held captive, and Harry may never see her again. Cheryl plays a messianic figure which is emboldened through her age and lack of wisdom. Her sacrifice which is brought about through the cunning of Dahlia Gillespie is what brings Harry to the climax and resolution of the game.

Harry Mason, the creator. Cheryl Mason the holy lamb, Cybil Bennett the seer and soothsayer, Dahlia Gillespie the wicked witch, and Dr. Michael Kauffman the benediction. Michael Kauffman is important to the story, in some ways. He befriends the "angelic figure," Lisa Garland. Lisa Garland is important to the story, as she administers faith and blessings to all the characters she talks to. Lisa Garland and Cybil Bennett exist at polar opposites, where Cybil's ability to view life on life's terms, even as a prophet, Lisa cannot see very far ahead, and cannot rely on much else but her blessings and her faith in people.

With all this, it would make sense for the game to legislate some opinion or fair perspective on family or, religion, or just life in general. The game immeserates these concepts. Through the use of counterculture and bleeding edge mysticism, Silent Hill manages to corrupt and demonize all the foundational remedies to natural problems like crime, corruption, abuse and stability. From a narrative standpoint, Silent Hill is miserable. Vulgar and offensive, which brandishes its antidotes like weapons. The game also takes some Olympian spirits as symbols, to recognize the facility of magic and its transformative properties. If it weren't for Silent Hill's creative agency exploiting counter culture as a means to express hatred, or any form filth, the game might have turned out alright. It doesn't even celebrate counterculture, in fact, it demonizes that as well. The story demonizes all forms of counterculture. Silent Hill is "safe" without the drugs, and the sex, and the guns, the town is a happy little retreat. The things which rightly make it a nightmare are directly linked with spoils of pleasure and youthful activity. This a theme consistent throughout the series. Pleasure and asceticism are not the same thing, in fact, they're opposites which can only be endorsed one at a time... I hate this. This is largely offensive. Sex as a practice is a filial action, which buries the spirit in shame. Drugs, distasteful and harmful, only recreate the circumstances of treason and sin. I find it hard to respect Silent Hill as a commentary on culture, not because it directly attacks me, but because it villianizes all the agencies it cannot acutely express. This is a technique a college sophomore uses to make his protagonists seem more powerful or sensitive or inspirational. The mysteries of hell are boundless and inexpressible, but the hero is an acutely defined equation.