ITT: Games better than Morrowind

ITT: Games better than Morrowind

Attached: 47591-0-1488291513.jpg (2560x1440, 1.17M)

Attached: 1499390646135.webm (690x510, 2.89M)

Attached: iVu3rJx.jpg (1920x1080, 794K)

>posts modded Oblivion
>posts a game that has no stamina vs game that has stamina as a char value
>fails to read on what stamina does in Morrowind
>games that are better than Morrowind
Morrowind with mods.

Is that supposed to be good?

Morrowind is a fairly middle of the pack game. Has a few very good points a few very bad points and the rest is serviceable at best.

literally anything
that game fucking sucks
>DUDE! s-so much s-so-soulll
>i swear its good i swear!!! you just have to play it for three hours then it gets good!!!
>please dont shit on my favorite nostalgia filled game

Lets narrow this down to RPG's better than Morrowind with the least controversial answer. Fallout 4 and New Vegas

>spend a couple days modding oblivion
>finally set it up so it looks and plays well
>game runs like shit
>the new mods are buggy as fuck
skyblivion can't come soon enough

Attached: 1558528930538.jpg (361x380, 96K)

>Fallout 4
>better than Morrowind
>Fallout 4
>RPG
You can argue which one is better: Morrowind or New Vegas, but showing Fallout 4 there? Mate, you fucked up.

>morrowind
>"wtf why do numbers matter in my RPG REEEEEEE!!!!!"

Alternatively me:
>spend a couple days modding oblivion
>finally set it up so it looks and plays well
>game runs fine
>start playing
>immediately lose interest and play something else

Name 3 quests with choice and consequence from Morrowind.
C&C in Morrowind boils down to do the quest or not.

Attached: 28534185-1535480425.jpg (2560x1440, 977K)

Unworthy of (you).

this is bait

Attached: 1443288266965.png (1280x731, 272K)

kenshi

Attached: 233860_20181214173148_1.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

T H I C C

MODS
please post mod list

>Hey lets implement 3 dimensional movement and real time combat but act like our game still is isometric or on a grid.

Name three quests from FO4 with half the good writing of Morrowind

Kenshi is nice if you play it as sand box survival which becomes a city builder but quests, immersion and story suck complete ass

BOOOHGODODOOHOSHOSHOOOOOO BAWAWAWAWWWW MORROWIND IS A REAL RPG WITH REAL FUCKING RPG MECHANICS WHY DOES MY SHIT CHARACTER MISS IT SHOULD BE LIKE SKYRIMJOB WHICH IS A FUCKING DUMBED DOWN FPS RPGLITE BAWWWW
You fucking idiot children. Stop playing games, okay? Please.

>Oblivion is good
Nice meme

>immersion and story
are for pseudo intellectuals

Morrowind and oblivion lack from a proper difficulty with a semblance of balance put into it. They just throw you a 1-100 slider that turns up or down their health and damage. That's not design.

Attached: bbad6684c46b4c095f0e5cddf1c8d69e.jpg (1044x862, 135K)

Daggerfall.

Attached: thi4f.jpg (620x388, 109K)

I usually love high res texture mods but the one for thief looks like shit

>thiaf
Now that's pushing it.

There was good writing in Morrowind?I remember there was a lot of it. Law of averages would indicate some of it was good.

I like this game but the characters themselves are empty lifeless analogs whos only purpose in life is to eat dustwich. With no merit life or personality assigned to them. A 'shallow' system like RimWorlds would have been gone a long way in bringing some life or purpose to the game. If the world itself weren't dangerous your characters would be content with standing in a pit or on a mountain, or raining forest doing nothing forever for the rest of time so long as they have food to eat, and even when they are starving they don't give a shit. They'll just stand there till they slump over and die. Ugh. Fucking kenshi man. So good, yet so far from being amazing.

So you couldn't find three.Thanks for making my point.

New Vegas somehow gets all the autists to love it. It's a horrible game either way.

The OP wanted games better than Morrowind. Oblivion is.

Daggerfall

>don't return ring
>Fargoth doesn't become your best friend

Some of the consequences were rough user.

Attached: 1441898190325.png (243x222, 95K)

Morrowind makes up for it's mostly linear quest design by having some of the best lore and writing among rpgs. FO4 has the former but none of the latter

>year 2006+13
>there still hasn't been a SINGLE (one(1)) game with a melee first person combat system capable of dethroning it
>for some weird ass fucking reason, nobody thought of copying it
what the FUCK

Attached: Dark_Messiah_of_Might_and_Magic_Coverart.png (252x357, 187K)

all the good lore comes from the first two games except for the nerevarine stuff which is the only good part of morrowind
the rest is banal shit and the game is brown and ugly for 90% of the map

No it doesn't. Tolstoy couldn't save that shitshow.

>wanting some fucking story bullshit from a videogame
Yes, even RPGs aren't exempt from the fact that overblown storyshit in games is fucking stupid and belongs on Yea Forums. How about "I choose to go on this quest" and the "consequence" is "I might fucking die if I fail"? How's THAT for fucking "choice and consequence"? You know, like VIDEOGAMES SHOULD BE?
Goddamn fucking modern "games" have fucked your brains, children. Holy hell.

jeez lotta shit taste here

Same reason nobody has copied Morrowinds combat.

Is there a better way to identify a redditor than if they list "linear" as a derogatory aspect of a game?

I know but the good news is the Morrowindfags will start aging out of the system soon and we will be free from nostalgia fueled debates.

And no you didn't jut play Morrowind for the first time.

Are old people really that easily confused they need guard rails to keep them on track?

There's no excuse for not being able to join Dagoth Ur except Bethesda incompetence. In Daggerfall you had 6 different endings at least.

as fun as kicking was, combat needed work
Trying to take enemies down just regularly was a pain
There's no point trying to beat an enemy wasting your trying trying to feint and parry when you can just kick them into an obvious environmental object save for the rare moments where none were available

Even if you don't think so, its still miles ahead of FO4

Attached: morrowfags.jpg (960x960, 192K)

not only are you wrong, oblivion and skyrim copied morrowind's combat, but nobody else copied it because it was garbage, why would you want to copy that?

I've been trying to play morrowind for ten years, but whenever I'd start the game and tried to kill someone, the combat would be so off putting that I would instantly give up on it

sure I guess?
I don't see how that's an issue tho, that's how you'd engage in real combat as well, why would you bother with a sword if you can just kick someone off a cliff
there are so many ways to balance it as well that I don't even see it as an issue

>Oblivion kiddies are finally getting old enough to outnumber people with actual taste.
N'wah's

Attached: 1393568296799.jpg (210x273, 14K)

>perma-virgin neckbeard morrowfag autists
>taste

Gonna have to pick one

Attached: dunmers-REEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (1200x1200, 417K)