What is your favorite rogue-lite?

What is your favorite rogue-lite?

Attached: roguelites.png (1374x858, 1.47M)

For me, it's Vagante.

Risk of Rain, probably
2 doesn't really match the first one yet, but I'm hopeful

fuck faglikes

Noita

dungeons of dredmor

Throne. Some of these games are an entirely different genre though.

Where the fuck is Slay the Spire?

Monolith

Attached: download.jpg (188x268, 11K)

Spelunky, Unexplored.

Fun fact: Rogue Legacy is fucking trashgarbage

Nuclear Throne probably, followed by risky rains

Nice, I didn't think anyone from Yea Forums played this, been playing it with a friend and we're trying to get the real ending, it's tough

Attached: 1564149192440.png (960x540, 527K)

Seconding this. What a great game.

Hopefully, Noita will be my next favourite roguelike since I love magic in vidya. Otherwise, I think Elona+ or both RoR1 and 2 are my favourites because of the amount of hours I've put into both. It's hard to decide because there's seemingly a roguelike for every genre and I enjoy most of them.

terraria
fuck you

i already played BoI, throne, gungeon and dont starve, recommend me a good roguelite i should play next

But it has memes and Naruto.

FTL
Into the Breach
Risk of Rain 1/2

Spelunky still the best

Necrodancer wins based on music alone.
Gameplay, probably Rogue Legacy.

Attached: deadcells.png (1024x500, 562K)

>Necrodancer wins based on music alone.

IT'S MURDER ON THE DANCE FLOOR
YOU'D BETTER NOT KILL THE GROOVE

Synthetik

Flinthook is fun as fuck but gains nothing from being a rouge-like and really needed some well crafted levels to really push the movement mechanic. Playing it feels so fucking good but even with the rouge padding you see everything in 5-10 hours

>misses a beat
>HOO HOOOH HOO HOO!

Attached: KING CONGA.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Nuclear Throne.
Nuclear Throne is also the one game there that wouldn't benefit at all from not being a roguelite. Finely crafted levels would be wasted on it, just different amalgamations of enemies slapped in a room are perfect for its gameplay.

Shame about the devs, though.

Attached: bullshit.png (1235x810, 314K)

FTL

0. Risk of Rain (fuck the sequel and its fans)
1. Isaac
2. Monolith
3. Feral Fury
4. Nuclear Throne

Oxygen Not Included isnt roguelike, though. You get manual saves.

NEO Scavenger is teh bee's knees.

Worst thing about Nuclear Throne is that you soon master it in a sense that you won't die for the first 15-20 mins of a run, and then get into an area where you might get oneshotted easily. It's a shitty way to design a game.

In the order of played hours decreasing:

BoI was fun for quite long.
Then FTL - it is quite replayable in terms of variety but has some of the worst RNG in the genre.
Slay the Spire - very good but does become somewhat repetitive after a while.
RoR2 - very fun core gameplay loop. Played it on release for about 80 hours will get back to it eventually when there's more content.
Darkest Dungeon was fun for almost a whole single playthrough (stopped after beating DD1 with my waifu-team), will probably eventually return for a complete playthrough on Stygian.
DST was pretty fun but my friends weren't that into it and as a single-player, I've played it enough.
Dead Cells - got it since early access, run through a few times. Even after all the changes, it does get stale after a while but then again returning to it seldomly is pretty fun.
RoR - it was interesting for a few playthroughs.
Rogue Legacy - not a big fan of.
Crawl - it's kinda fun with friends and it is quite unique but on the other hand, the game itself is not that enticing.

Cryptark

Based

Yeah, I've always used the Underwater-shortcut skip.
You really don't miss out on anything just skipping the first bunch of levels, power-wise, since you cap out incredibly early regardless and your progression is mostly tied to gun, which is level-dependent.

>rogue lite
What a shitty way to describe a genre. Roguelike is based enough. Don't get me started on soulslike

Enter the Gungeon & FTL are the best

Love me some Gungeon

Gungeon and Slay the Spire. Goddamn I played the shit out of Gungeon

Spelunky by a country mile.

Wizard of Legend has fantastic gameplay but i cant help but feel like its unfinished

Only correct answer

People sperg out if you call something rougelike that isn't like Rogue, so roguelite it is

I always love The Binding Of Issac