Remake only includes 1/5th of the original game

>Remake only includes 1/5th of the original game
>$60

Why is this shit allowed?

Attached: 20D24945-7890-4905-BA00-FE860013713A.jpg (590x350, 40K)

>Remake turns the iconic first 1/5th of the game, which was 5 hours long at best, into a full length 30-40 hours experience

sounds great to me

Well according to them the first episode is larger than any other FF game.

I'm gonna laugh like a madman when episode 3 never comes

Attached: Midgar_comparison.png (1600x1080, 2.22M)

>remake realizes Midgar was actually rather small series of connected corridors, and they're going to have to actually construct an open-world, sprawling, dystopian cyberpunk megacity where it's always neon-lit darkness because they're beneath a gargantuan saucer platter from scratch

>tons of filler shit with a trashy rewritten nuFF story
>when people just wanted the original with better graphics

Yeah, they said the same avout XV...

>remember Midgar being great
>remember the mid-game being stupid zany Jap bullshit like Golden Saucer
>remember late-game return to Midgar being great
They're just gonna cut out the entire middle section, aren't they?

>remaster doesn't add the best expansion pack

At we'll get homeworld 3.

Attached: 220px-Homeworld_-_Cataclysm_Coverart.png (220x269, 124K)

nope

Wait for the remake or play the original?

play the original then wait for the remake with the rest of us

Attached: 1567477771617.jpg (960x586, 157K)

this shit will print money and you know it

Come to think of it this is just FFXV all over again. Square releasing incomplete game and selling the rest in chunks.

Enjoy your capitalism.

in b4 its not remake its a re-imagining
I'll wait and see what the reviews say. I know access journalism demands at least a 8. There are a few honest critics out there. But the defense squad is already working overtime defending selling the game piece meal. I predict 5-6 hours of gameplay. 12 if you're a completionist at 60 dollars.

>60$ Midgar demo
Disgusting

They're selling themselves out after XV because they've apparently completely run out of ideas of where to go with the franchise. How is this surprising at all?

It's gonna be a tough job. I feel concerned after playing KH 3 and FFXV.

What great games has communism brought us so far?

Because 3/5th of the original game will be DLC and you can't play DLC without borght the main game

Because FF7 is fucking huge and making modern games is time consuming and expensive. Anyone who expects them to redo all of 7 up to todays cutting edge standards and release it in one go should revisit the original to see how much there is to it

>only midgard good
this parroting needs to die already

>midgard

Still not going to buy it, but we’re lucky that at least 1/5th of the remake got off the ground in some way. This thing has been teased since becoming a PS3 tech demo.

If SE rushed it into one release like FFXV you'd complain aswell calling it an unfinished mess

If SE just made it 1:1 remaster with only graphical updates you'd complain aswell claiming lazyness

If SE made it next gen only you'd complain about having to buy a 1000 dollar snoystation 5

>Months later
>Still haven't beaten KH3 despite making it to Keyblade Graveyard
Game is just so. Damned. Boring. The story is some hot fucking garbage too. Fucking everyone and their pet nobody has to make a return because durrrr nobody's bad guyz everyone's good at heart hurrr. I know the older games weren't exactly Yea Forums tier writing, but good god this third one just feels so much more painful.

I don't blame you for not finishing. It's fucking garbage through and through.

they wont ever finish this

midgar is a TINY part of the game. content will inevitably be cut.

It's not the cold war, there's more than just capitalism versus communism

Nah, they'll finish it for sure. Just when they do finish it their audience will be a fraction of the size it was for the first re-release. Sad part is they'll probably make enough from it to justify doing it some more to the rest of their series. Can't wait to see VI split up into two games, one part pre-WoR, other part post.

they cant make it open world, too much to redo in 3d.

you know why

Attached: no dont say it cloud.jpg (1383x719, 89K)

In the long term remaking the game this way is preferable. Assuming each part is a actually a quality game (massive assumption here), in a decade or so when it gets rereleased on the PS6 in 8k it would be the ultimate package and the most above and beyond remake ever.

Attached: 1566881502669.jpg (1200x624, 86K)

Just wait for the Complete Edition.

>things that will never never
It'll just be a rather small series of connected corridors with a fistful of time-sink 'challenges' they'll sell to gullible idiots on Twitter and nostalgiafags for $60. $80 with season pass (future episodes not included).

And that was true, just compare the size of the sewer in ff7 to the sewer dungeon in 15, 15s like 30x bigger

If they incorporate the Kalm flashback, the parade at Junon and the fight with Sephiroth/Jenova on the boat into Midgard and just start part 2 arriving in Costa Del Sol, they'll be fully on track.

All of those events can occur in Midgard and nothing of value would be lost.

XV had an ending and complete story with a start, middle and end since day 1, they only added parallel sidestories that take place during ch7, 9, 12 and between ch13 and 14, it always had a finished and definitive ending.

FF7R will not, it will be in sequential parts and the actual ending to the story wont come until the 3rd or whatever part in 2030.

FF7R started development in 2013-2014, 2-3 years before XV released.
While the game part of FF7R started in 2014 the CGI trailer we saw in 2015 started back in 2013 and was being made parallel with XV CGI.

only people who never played 15 spout the "le unfinished" meme, its more finished than even og 7 was.

they said midgar will still have all the original story content in it but with new stuff too

so imagine, original midgar is like 3-4 hours long, so 7r midgar will have 3-4 hours of actual story then everything else will be filler by nojima like that watchmen of fate bullshit

It was being called a tech demo at that point. Don't try to spin it any further.

He's here.

nathan on suicide watch

Attached: neithof aka nathan.jpg (1080x929, 291K)

No it wasn't.
FF7 white engine/crytal tools PS3 tech demo was from 2005, I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about FF7R proper which started its GGI production in 2013 and the game itself started being made in 2014 on UE4, the CG reveal trailer shown at E32015 was what they started in 2013 and the FF7R PSX 2015 gameplay was from what they started making since 2014.

And now you know where the name came from.

Shut up, Tabata.

Stop seething, Nathan.

>MFW the best part of the game was the fucking Military Parade in Junon

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)