Explain to me the appeal of this game

Explain to me the appeal of this game.

I've played a lot of underrail lately but got really bored of caves and claustrophobic einviroment.
Should I give this a go?
Is it worth 20 bucks?

Attached: e254f2144906e291144af62c22956f64_original[1].png (1552x873, 1.99M)

it's shit there aren't nearly enough waifu

i dont know i never beat the tutorial but it seems like it would have cool features if you could get into it

it's a bugged mess.
underrail is better

don't believe the nay sayers, bugs are fixed and it's a great game especially if you like old infinity engine rpg.

underrail is quite different but I'd say kingmaker is better.

dont know about underrail but if you like CRPG like Baldurs Gate / NWW / PS:T and so on, give it a try. imo it´s worth 20 bucks but get the imperial edition

the enhanced edition is the absolute best of the recent attempts to recapture the feeling of the infinity engine games.

the kingdom management shit can be very annoying and you'll probably fuck it up at some point on your first play through so switch it off if you dont like it.

It's much harder than underrail.

>normal player reported
you haven't played underrail until you played on DOMINATING

You can argue about which is the better game all you want, but this is outright false. Chapter 1 on Hard and Unfair is brutal, but the difficulty falls off a cliff after that.

The bugs are NOT fixed. I was going to finish the game this week only to find the last mission is bugged and vital NPCs have a chance of not spawning, blocking all progress. 120 hours in and I cant finish the game. And this is almost a year after a release. That being said I DID enjoy the game and if you liked BG2 you should like this. Its set the standard for what I hope BG3 will be like

which npcs?

I play exclusively on dominating.
Unfair difficulty on kingmaker is ACTUALLY unfair.
True, but it stays harder than underrail dominating.

Ekun did not spawn for me in the troll room even though I saw him run off in the cutscene. I also get 2 other cutscene triggers that bug out and dont actually lead to a cutscene so whoever is supposed to spawn there isnt spawning. And in the bottom most room where I read Harrim should be he isnt spawning either

did you try changing dimensions with the lamp? try it in both dimensions and see what happens

Didnt know about needing to use the lamp. If this fixes things that'll be great, thanks. Wont be able to try until tomorrow though

its ok. kingdom management is shittier than it sounds. some unfair segments but otherwise fun

My man, how did you even get to that point in the game.

yeah the magic lantern. if you take it off your belt and walk through a gas patch you'll teleport a short distance, usually back in the direction you came from. when you put the lamp back on the belt you'll either be glowing purple or glowing blue. this is the two dimensions. it becomes important in navigating that house. best of luck. i think you need to be in the purple dimension to find your mates

Quite fun but kingdom management is not well designed. I loved the Lawful Evil experience.

>it's a bugged mess
being stuck in 2018 must suck

oh and theres a metric fuck ton of the wild hunt guys in the blue dimension. they can use a paralyzing gaze as a free action all the fucking time. the blind fight feat makes you immune to this, so does free action. it makes the whole dungeon easier

so does "freedom of movement" i mean, it also makes you immune to paralyse

Not him, but they still haven't fixed the eye-searing lights at the capital. It almost looks like they moved on as soon as they broke that in the last patch.

I found it entertaining going in blind.

But because its based on pathfinder the game tends to be 2 minutes of buffing yourself before each fight

just cast haste and bring 2 rogues. because as you said its pathfinder and literally nothing is immune to sneak attacks and literally breathing procs a sneak attack

Having two duel wielding rogues with haste and the outflank feat is completely insane. Fucking critical hits forever and chain AOO procing.

Hasted Reduced Nok Nok is fucking hilarious, running around and ripping the Achilles heels out of everyone

my PC was a kukri knifemaster 15, fighter 4, vivisectionist 1 at the end game in my last playthrough. he could reduce himself from the vivisectionist level and use the dex mutagen for a +4 to dex that didnt interfere with other bonuses he had 10 sneak attack dice even with the 4 fighter levels because of the accomplished sneak attacker feat and because vivisectionist gets a d6 of sneak attack at level 1.

i had the two kukris you get from completing nok nok's quest line and the gloves that do + 1d6 acid damage on every attack. it was not uncommon to do over 600 damage every round.

fuck feyniggers and fuck the wild hunt

make yourself immune to wild gaze with blind fight or with freedom of movement and the wild hunt are basically just ungeared level 15 fighters with a composite longbow

STINKY CLOUD THE FEY
RACE WAR NOW

Backer quests were a mistake.

God damn the backer quest is such a railroading mess.

I wonder if Owlcat knew how badly does that Hellknigger quest clash with the rest of the game.

i didnt realise that was written by a backer. it did feel weird at the time. a bunch of lawful evil SS officers enter your kingdom and do as they please and youre made to feel obliged to let them, until you kill them and then their threats come to nothing and you get a few dozen enchanted plate armors to sell

also there's a pirate, and he sets up a kingdom a days travel from your own, a kingdom dedicated to demon worship