Why do filters trigger Yea Forums?

Why do filters trigger Yea Forums?

Attached: DF54C883-6D34-454E-A6E5-98B2925E979C.png (350x201, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But why

They look like shit 100% of the time.

You tell me.

Attached: 1445714314706.jpg (619x597, 193K)

They fuck up Kanji/japanese fonts of the era in a way that English can't be fucked up.

Triggers Yea Forums about as hard as Doom source ports that have jumping as default.

a case of soul vs soulless

They don't accurately simulate what the graphics artist intended for the visuals to look like when shown on the correct type of display. You're left with something that looks neither like what the artists drew, nor what they intended were it not for the graphical limitations they were working with. You don't even get something that looks good in spite of those things, because filters are applied by machines and will always produce visual oddities, like the jagged sign in the OP image and not understanding that the dithering on the mountains was done as a stand in for intermediate colors that the palette lacked.

Right looks objectively better

Attached: 9AF3D9FE-7C5B-4D48-B301-C916790728D0.jpg (862x680, 114K)

>left- SOUL!!!

>right- No soul!!

No it isn't.

Left has soul

Right doesnt have soul

its simple

right looks like everything is melting

this but unironically

Let's test it.

Attached: test.png (1286x574, 54K)

Attached: 1554034053933.png (521x499, 212K)

because it is melting the pixels together, that's what the shader do
and it looks like trash

yes it is.
the pixels give it a certain je ne se quoi, the image on the right just looks like its from a children's illustrated book.
if you dont get this youre literally a pleb. plebs often try to improve things by removing flaws but fail to understand that the flaws, the rough edges, the human touch are what gives something character. same thing with modern anime.

Attached: TheLastNight_03_cropped.0.jpg (1600x900, 131K)

because they
always
always
look like shit

I'm glad someone remembers Survivor/Stranded Kids for the GBC.

your image looks like shit though, mixing pixel art with lighting and shaders or whatever is going on there isn't good pixel art, looks like octopath for fucks sake

Attached: Octopath-4-1-980x620.jpg (980x620, 89K)

If you're gonna use some french phrases to sound sophisticated at least get them right.

Because the sign's not actually supposed to be all wiggly like that. It's supposed to be a straight line.

it tries to guess what the intent is, but it looks off. The Yoshi sign is intended to be a rectangle at an angle, but the filter translates it as a crumpled up piece of paper. The pixels on the mailbox are intended to be square in shape, but the filter melts them all together.

In short, fuck you, filters are shit.

he did use it right though

I said get it right, not use it right. It's "je ne sais quoi".

youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw
i respectfully disagree. it looks better in motion
maybe next time
the spelling was wrong. it's "sais" not "se"