Oda Nobunaga

Often set up as main character/main villain in a lot of games set in the Sengoku period.
Historically died quite early on, completely missing the Toyotomi era and the eventual war with Tokugawa that closes the period.

Attached: Nobunaga_Samurai_Warriors.jpg (240x240, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga_drama
youtube.com/watch?v=IiOhTSYMnfM
youtu.be/Kinl2enbOyc
youtube.com/watch?v=bIs3ibPgosE
youtube.com/watch?v=C2yImxSYogM
youtube.com/watch?v=EZBl2PXhMXs
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that Hideyoshi completely ignored what Nobunaga's ideals were and was obsessed with rankings and titles instead of individual talent

Attached: Ieyasu-sw4.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Reminder that Ieyasu was a little bitch that did nothing but run away and luck out in the end
t. Mitsunari

after watching the 2010 Three Kingdoms series I seriously long for a live action Japanese equivalent in the Sengoku era

>They make it
>the fight scenes are still a piece of shit with too many camera jumps to know what's going on

lmao yeah they were horrible. Another problem was that some battles would go on for way too long, like Zhao Yun fighting Cao Cao's entire army with a baby strapped to his chest. That director did another series after it called King's War. It is overall much worse than Three Kingdoms but he definitely improved the fight scenes.

Oda Nobunaga? There ain't an odder Nobunaga.

Some of them weren't even that bad, like the castle assaults, but anything on horseback was shit. Are there any good ones based on the Water Margin? I would love to see what they do with Wu Song's rampage, and Lu Da in general

Nothing that I'm aware of. It's really hard to get Chinese media, a lot of it is never translated and not even listed on Wikipedia or IMDb.

>Implying that fat fuck was any better
At least Hideyoshi actually worked to get to the top.

So 90% of the NHK Taiga Dramas?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga_drama

Attached: 1564866374280.jpg (432x290, 49K)

Not that user but I wish Taiga dramas had the budget and the manpower of the Chinese dramas

hourly reminder that Nobunaga actually looks like a fucking Wojak

Attached: Odanobunaga.jpg (342x400, 79K)

>tfw Honnoji

if the guy playing Oda Nobunaga is as charismatic as the dude who played Cao Cao it'd be a blast

Attached: Cao Cao has a point.webm (720x400, 2.91M)

Attached: 1549596667699.jpg (1276x1276, 163K)

Hideyoshi had it all but fucked it bad, did he go senile in his old age or just make bad choices?
One of my friends is really into Chinese dramas and to his knowledge, there's no proper television depiction of the Water Margin, just stuff influenced or based off it.

The problem with the Sengoku era is that it's actually really fucking boring. Meiji era on the other hand is pure kino and doesn't have nearly enough presence in jap media.

Attached: 1547562090840.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>essentially the only Daimyo of Christ
>huge western fan
>dabbed on Buddhist "I'M NOOTRAL" fags when they were in reality being peasant-killing shitheads who ran and claimed sanctuary
>Afro Samurai was one of his closest men

>>conpletely missing the Toyotomi era
The Toyotomi era only started because Oda died, Hideyoshi could've done jack shit if he didn't

>essentially the only Daimyo of Christ
Otomo Sorin and Konishi Yukinaga would disagree.

Attached: 1538190540602.png (240x240, 97K)

it was all Yodo-Dono's fault

Probably because of 'imperialism bad' mentality that got beaten into the Japs post WW2. Only thing I can think of thats somewhat related is Golden Kamuy

He's only in the first 5 episodes, but the one in Gou: Himetachi no Sengoku is really good. They also have an excellent Hideyoshi, who is in for a good 30-40 episodes.

Attached: 1537553854735.jpg (640x360, 214K)

I just started watching Gou, all right so far. Only Taiga dramas I've watched have been Sanadamaru and Onna Joshu Naotora, Sanadamaru was pretty good and Naotora started off okay and got better, only picked it up for Kou Shibasaki. Planning on watching Gunshi Kanbei and Ryomaden down the line.

Attached: 1516262115913.jpg (1024x1024, 91K)

What are these games like? Are they straight up Total War clones? I don't see how that would work on console.

Attached: cover_large.jpg (600x752, 232K)

So why people hate him? For burning some religious fags?

Gou was the first one I watched, so I'm a bit biased. But I really liked it. It's basically a Hideyoshi and Ieyasu drama from a third party's perspective, which is pretty neat.

Absolutely fantastic. Less focus on the actual battles. They exist, but it's almost intended to not do them and focus on the campaign itself. But there's a lot more to do in developing towns, building castles, fortifying roads, managing everyone in your clan, etc. But it never quite gets to Paradox levels of autism. The story and event scenes are also really cool. The UI is pretty console friendly, since most of the game is done from a list on the side and popup windows. I adore Sphere of Influence, so if there's anything specific, let me know.

Because he's a filthy westaboo.

>tfw first and only Nobunaga game I ever played was pic related when I was like 10
Unironically rended this several times from a video store thingy. Good times.

Attached: KessenIII.jpg (260x368, 36K)

>Progressive removal of the caste system leads to you, the son of a farmer, becoming ruler of the entire land
>Immediately reestablish the caste system so nobody can repeat your feat and steal your place

Attached: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (470x595, 81K)

It mainly caught my eye cause of the three sisters who all married into Sengoku era bigshots. Any other Taiga dramas you'd recommend?

Reminder that you should watch Hyouge Mono

Launch massive coup against Oda. Get little to no suppor afterwards and slain by the Monkey.

Sucked to have been Mitsuhide Akechi.

nobody likes traitors

He burned Ikko shits in their own temple, pretty based I'd say.

Furin Kazan (pic related) is good. It's about one of Takeda Shingen's strategists and you get a whole bunch of Takeda vs Uesugi stuff. I also liked Taira no Kiyomori just because seeing the Heian period was refreshing since so much of Japanese media is Sengoku and Bakumatsu. Kirin ga Kuru, next year's drama about Akechi Mitsuhide, also has me pretty excited.

Attached: 1541282594960.jpg (640x360, 185K)

I'll check em out, thanks. Furin Kazan sounds interesting, always have been interested in the rivalry and feud between Shingen and Kenshin

youtube.com/watch?v=IiOhTSYMnfM

Reminder that Oda was gay as fuck and regularly fucked his apprenticres boipussy

he also allegedly fucked yasuke in the ass

there's nothing straighter than dominating another male

youtu.be/Kinl2enbOyc
chill experience

I want to go back playing Sengoku Musou. Which version of SW4 should i get?

So did everyone else in that period.

Is that Tom Cruise?

Spirit of Sanada

I think the original is the best overall experience. You get a bunch of clan stories to play through and chronicle mode where you can play as your OC and travel across Japan.
Empires is Empires. You pick one of three start dates and a clan, or make your own map up. It's not bad, but if you want to play a musou, the others are better options. And if you wanted to play a strategy, just play Nobunaga's Ambition.
4-II is just bad. Stories are more limited in scope and there are fewer of them. It has a gauntlet mode where you fight up a tower. It's just really not worth it.
Spirit of Sanada is a genuinely good story hack and slash. You play as Masayuki and Yukimura and battles are now broken down into different levels and there's more complexity to them. It's essentially a better version of 4 in terms of gameplay. But you're mostly limited to playing as the Sanada. You can play side battles and use other characters, but not to the extent of 4.

So 4 for variety, or Sanada for story and gameplay.

he was also addicted to Big Mozambican Cock

>Historically died quite early on
He only died 18 years before Sekigahara.
He was minister of the right for 6 years and Daimyo of Owari for 31 years

Yukimura Sanada, always lauded as one of the greatest samurais. Both Musou and Basara has him as the poster boy. In all honesty historically he didnt do much at all except lose the major wars and ultimately the last major casualty of the Sengoku period.
Hell, his brother Nobuyuki did more stuff.

Hideyoshi needed some way to cull the idle samurai and prevent armed uprisings

Thanks

Last* great samurai. Probably posthumous celebrations of his character

actually lost my sides

That's true. But his performance at both Osaka campaigns was impressive.

I liked how they dealt with him in Nioh.

I just wish they'd stop making him young all the time. Young Yukimura just served under his father. The only battle he was in command of was Osaka when he was nearly 50

Attached: 1550217230047.jpg (422x600, 53K)

Well, that's pretty obvious when you look at the time

Attached: 5f679bdcae9e0fa6b1016d05d08f2afb.jpg (1276x626, 349K)

Doesnt really look 50, but I did appreciate the aging up in SoS

Attached: 2ac6c6_6180217.jpg (1024x1024, 172K)

And Spartans don't?

His father, Masayuki, is more based though

Attached: mu0jowwk3fa31.png (793x960, 1.08M)

Being pedos was probably the nicest thing about Spartans. They were the closest thing the world ever had to a generic fantasy 'kingdom of evil'

Any good games set in the Sengoku period?

Attached: eafa574c39c011a2907026ed439873d6.jpg (958x1280, 160K)

mount and blade gekokujo

Meiji era gets ignored because it's impolite to talk about how an emperor was a western lapdog.

Which Nobunaga's ambition game should I play? There is too many and they all, apparently, have different mechanics.
I heard the later ones were shit. Is that true?

youtube.com/watch?v=bIs3ibPgosE

nobunaga kept calling him monkey, and he was literally a monkey.

sengoku rance

Not really, it because there nothing worthy in that era except for industrialization and adapting the western culture. In fact, they thank the western influence for bringing them into Taisho period where military reformation trough western techology is prevalent.

Shogun 1 & 2.

> Water Margin
There is, its just three decades old, there are newer ones but i don't think its subbed.

will William Adams ever be in a musou?

He was. All Stars.

>/eagg/ is forever dead

Attached: 1438631852173.jpg (1280x1426, 363K)

does the Nioh version count?

youtube.com/watch?v=C2yImxSYogM

>could it be golgom?!

bro..

Man how can you watch Chinese television? It always feels so crappy and forced to me. For that matter, so does Japanese live action stuff. Someone post that webm of the guy throwing the "baby".

Attached: Shuwinsthesuperbowl.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)

based Confucian hero

Attached: liu bei babyball.webm (850x360, 1.44M)

What the fuck

Attached: 1480782965714.png (307x300, 26K)

>tfw the soldier in the background can still run after getting stabbed by a huge scimitar in the stomach

>Are they straight up Total War clones?
Cringe and bluepilled.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (300x400, 36K)

Until DW10 i suppose. (and if they don't fuck that up)

>he still thinks Liu Bei is the hero of this story

Guy was a coward who abandoned everyone he was ever employed or loyal to, even his own immediate family, until he was running the show and then he fucked even that up.

The latest one, Taishi, is pretty bad. It's clearly designed with mobiles in mind. The one before that, Sphere of Influence, is fantastic. There's also Sphere of Influence: Ascension, which is adds some extra content and changes things around. I haven't played that one, so I can't vouch for it. But either get that or the original Sphere of Influence.

check again

Ascension was good, allows you to create new characters and added more shit. But the new game was two steps down, it was so bad I didn’t want to try the new expansion

Attached: BENEVOLENCE.gif (400x286, 995K)

there are no heroes and villains, only winners and losers

Attached: cao oof.png (967x1027, 1.01M)

Attached: 1459409951974.webm (720x400, 2.94M)

youtube.com/watch?v=EZBl2PXhMXs
his laughter is so damn contagious

Attached: cao cao ahem.png (1424x473, 313K)

my brain

What other East Asian periods could be made into a musou?

Heh.
Nobby Naga

Mahabharat

So was Ieyasu though.
>did he go senile in his old age or just make bad choices?
Hideyoshi was a notorious lying and crafty cunt, it has nothing to do with age.

AHEM

Attached: Mitsuhide Akechi.jpg (788x1174, 541K)

Orochi covers most of it, but a Chinese and Japanese mythology one would be cool.

Elephant warfare is shit though

HERES YOUR NOBUNAGA BRO

Attached: images (9).jpg (655x468, 40K)

Attached: 00167928.jpg (630x350, 71K)

New Basara soon?

Attached: sb.jpg (577x751, 188K)

Best Nobunaga

Attached: nobu.png (930x505, 1.05M)

REMINDER THAT HE WAS A FAGGOT WHO LITERALLY FUCKED A DUDE. SEE RANMARU MORI

Ascension lets you play a non-daimyo character, but it's half-assed and boring, unlike those ROTKs where you can play a non-ruler.

Yasuke was not a samurai. He was the equivalent to a dancing monkey because the Japanese thought his black skin was hilarious and would trick people into trying to scrub the black off him.

Taishi is not good, so it's Sphere of Influence unless you want to emulate old PS2 games. Nobunaga's Ambition was never as good as RotK, though, and still isn't.