Tokyo Game show meetup?

I am visiting Tokyo for a few weeks. I know Tokyo game Show is coming up in a couple weeks.
Is there any kind of meetup like the comiket ones?
It's a video game industry event not an anime convention so /cgl/ doesn't make sense

Attached: images.jpg (764x401, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsummit.org/en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wanting to meet anyone from Yea Forums
>ever

If you know Japan
You know they love waiting in line.
If I'm going to wait 2 hours in line to play death stranding I'd rather not do so alone.

>I'm going all the way to Japan to wait on a 2 hour line just to play a walking simulator for 5 minutes
What did he mean by this

I'm here for a month.
I visited 4 musuems today two temples and got a meetup event scheduled for 2 hours from now.

>ywn be a normalfag rich kid
ah why to live.

And that's today.
I'm going to run out of top tier material

I work minimum wage at a call center.
I saved for a year to get enough for this trip.
I checked google flights for a month before I got a flight under 900$ Canadian
I live in an apartment with 4 room mates and walk/bike to work to lower expenses

I have never used an Uber or ubereats in my life
I didn't go out to restaurants
I don't have a car
I'm not a rich kid. I saved for this.

>I live in an apartment with 4 room mates and walk/bike to work to lower expenses
Now i feel better.

why are people in NA so c*coed?
I get welfare money here in EU, can afford all the things you mentioned and still have enough for a cheap holiday somewhere.

will you gay marry me so I can get citizenship eventually gibs?

I tried to meet an user from here 3 years ago at TGS & they strung me along wasting 4 hours of my day.

I meant to say 3 room mates
There's 4 of us living in the apartment. I misspoke

I live in Tokyo and I don't plan to go. What's the appeal of waiting for more than an hour to play a 5 minutes demo? Besides the train to China is too expensive.

What about on other boards?
/jp/ has the people for comiket events. Some could be interested in tgs

Americans can't get citizenship without proving they have secured a job paying over 40-50K over here. Only refugees get the "right" to live here for nothing in return.

I live in Japan and I would never want to meet anyone from Yea Forums no matter what. Fuck off OP you syrup guzzling slag.

The spectacle I guess
If I lived in the same city as e3 I'd go.
It would be cool to see Arino-san or some other person I know speak

>tfw was supposed to go on a date with someone from Yea Forums but they stood me up

Chiba*

Are you one of those old men on the street by my hotel?
there's these group of old guys who sit and drink on the side of the street
They talk to me in Japanese and then laugh after I smile to them
Even if I bow they're still dicks.

What is there to do in these game show events besides waiting in line for hours to play a demo? I too live in Tokyo and am wondering if it's worth it to spend my time and money going there

No I have a real job that pays 14 million yen a year. I am taking a limo to TGS from my apartment downtown. Get on my level you moose loving scavenger.

Overpriced merchandise, cosplay, several Davidos-kun, and free shit like pencils, stickers, etc.

>14 million yen
Is that a lot? I can't tell with this gook currency

1 yen is about 1 US Cent give or take depending on exchange rates. You do the math.

Yes, a lot.

Yes. But you have to play it smart.
Indie games have the lowest amount of lines, and you have a chance to meet the developers and talk with them.

I have yet to see a limo in Japan so congratulations. Hope you enjoy.
Just one last question. Do you have to open the door to the limo? Or does someone open it for you?

bitsummit.org/en
Bitsummit has an event on the Friday if you want to check that out

I also live in Japan and was thinking of going. I don't have anything to do that weekend so I thought I may, but it does seem expensive and a bit boring. I kind of wanted to see the spectacle of it, but probably not worth it.

Also interesting to see how many anons here (or claim to) live in Japan.

Obviously is a liar but everybody else probably really does live here.

The tickets are 15 bucks. How is that expensive?
When I was in Canada anime conventions would charge 60$ for a weekend pass+hotel

Even the buildings in Japan are polite

Attached: received_2423084007907246.jpg (4000x3000, 1.32M)

Well the price of the train ride to and from the game show is almost the same price as the ticket so it kinda adds up, not to mention that the train ride could take anywhere from 1 to almost 2 hours depending on where you live.

I'm going on the media days but fuck meeting any of you.

>Being a games journalist
Laughing at your life.

I'm hardly a journalist but I contribute for one of the few sites Yea Forums claims to respect.

Okay. Look I'm sure you're one of the good ones.
Just wanted to respond in turn.
There's a question I wanted to ask. If you've gone previous years. Do visual novel developers show up or not? Just curious

Yeah they do. I interviewed the dude who made Root Letter a few years back. There's a whole section for smaller/indie type games in a separate building (where the merch is). Though for every Jap VN/indie "booth" there you'll find a soiboy with his pixelshit.

Try /trv/

>yeah they do
That said I should clarify that unless they're at that indie area I mentioned they probably aren't just hanging out and may only do interviews scheduled and behind closed doors, as I did with the Root Letter guy.

I also have interviewed Suda 51 and Swery. There's a chance you could see guys like them walking somewhere, but probably not on public day.

all people all around the world will shittalk and make fun of you if you don't know language

That sounds great. Also root letter. I dunno man. After KID went bankrupt, the directions lacked balance.
Root letter was too simple. I/O was too big brained. Ever 17 was really the best balanced

I never played it so I don't have an opinion. Not a big VN guy really.

I have shit talked 0 tourists for not knowing the language.