Ghost recon breakpoint

>previous installment could be played offline
>sequel is always online
>game that can be played solo and even has emphasis on story
That shit alone is no deal to me. I have periods when i have no internet at the end of the month before i pay for it and my connection is unstable.
Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot there.

Attached: Ghost recon.jpg (1190x1500, 256K)

trust me on this
2 ubi devs who worked on it say its garbage
Closed beta was a disaster
they said wait a year to buy it, might be good then

I know that it would be garbage on the release even without you telling me.
I just really liked wildlands and commercial ads on the wildlands main menu screaming at me to preorder breakpoint made me research on it.

>cover art features a white dude with wraparounds and a beard
That's a no buy right there

Those beards ingame look even worse, they are like bushes.

Attached: beard.jpg (847x1080, 35K)

>hair looks shit
>ubi dooby keeps it anyway for the sake of muh innovation
Why can't devs just cut shit like this? Is it for the marketing teams?

I played the last closed beta and the game actually seemed pretty alright to me, aside from the bugs. It felt a lot less shallow than Wildlands, though it's hard to really say for sure since I didn't get to spend that much time playing it. I think if you liked Wildlands you'll like Breakpoint.

The only really major thing I found that I disliked was the setting. If the beta map is all there is (there's a lot of NPC chatter about other islands so hopefully there's more than the one we had in the beta), it's pretty small and nowhere near as diverse as Wildlands was, and I think the Bolivian setting was a lot cooler than this generic tropical island full of Americans.

One thing I did really like, on the other hand, was that the NPCs are way less broken. They don't make a beeline directly for you when they shouldn't know where you are, and they don't shoot you through concealment like the Wildlands ones did. The gunplay also feels more satisfying, both your character and the enemies seem to go down faster and the sounds were much better.

Why didn't they just make Wildlands in Africa or something

Yeah, but what's the point if you eventually lose access to all of it and even disk version becomes useless?

>both your character and the enemies seem to go down faster
it's a one shot kill both ways in Wildlands though.
Btw are we playing as Nomad in this game? Is there still customisation?

Yeah, you're still Nomad, there's some plotline stuff connected with the missions they've added to Wildlands lately as well.

Customization is still there as well but there are a lot of changes. One big one is that weapons and gear have levels now, and you get them from enemy drops or chests, unlike the fixed one time locations in Wildlands. Kinda sucks if you just want to get one thing and stick with it but it also gives a lot more of an incentive to go raid random outposts and stuff and it means you don't have certain guns that always suck because they're found early in the game. (Like the P416 and MP5 in GRW)

Clothing also has levels and stats now, not every piece but IIRC helmet, vest, pants, boots, and gloves, and you find those the same way as guns. You can have your actual gear show on your character if you want, but there's also a "cosmetic override" button or something like that and a separate menu that lets you pick different gear to show on your character model, so you're not stuck running around in a stupid looking hat because it's the highest level thing you've found. For the cosmetic choices you start with a bunch of basic ones (almost as many as in GRW actually) and then as you find stuff within the game they get added to the list of cosmetic options.

Oh yeah, there's also money and an ingame store. Ubi will probably try to sell people ingame credits for real money but I didn't have any issue earning enough to buy everything I wanted during the beta.

>One big one is that weapons and gear have levels now, and you get them from enemy drops or chests
I like that, it sucked to pick weapons from the map in Wildlands and will add some variety to gameplay

Too bad about the setting though, I really liked the mountains and deserts in Wildlands, tropical/jungle gets old fast.
Anyway, thanks for all the info user.

The whole Tom Clancy feel is completely gone from these games.
Wildlands and Breakpoint aren't proper Ghost Recon games.
Also Siege is not a Rainbow Six game.
The Division shouldn't even be part of the Tom Clancy brand.

Yeah np, it'll be in public beta in a few days anyway so it's probably worth trying if you can still get an invite.

The setting isn't quite as monotonous as I made it sound, there IS a whole mountainous section with snowy peaks and stuff in the middle of the island, and the lower parts aren't all identical jungle, but I definitely wasn't blown away by it like I was with GRW. I think it's more about GRW being based on a real-life country that's actually pretty interesting and having the whole latin culture, the cartel stuff, etc. rolled into it, while GRB is a fictional setting with generic American-accented PMCs as enemies and random mostly American people as allies.

I totally agree. I like GRW and what I've played of Breakpoint but they're a million miles from real Tom Clancy stuff. At least they're thematically related to stuff Clancy was involved in, though, Siege has fucking nothing to do with the original Rainbow Six games or the Ryanverse and Division is fucking ridiculous because Clancy was dead before the game was even thought up.

The problem with the [current year] Clancy games is that they al lack the geopolitical stuff. Ubisoft doesn't have the right people to write those stories. They can still claim that they have that CIA guy who is handling Breakpoint but the entire story and setting don't feel like something set in the "Clancyverse". It screams focus groups and marketing ("what's hip today? Drones and AIs").
I really think that GRW should've been taking place in Mexico.

Tom Clancy is also gone.

I know but that doesn't mean you can't find a writer who can continue his legacy.

Man i hate drones. Every game just got to have drones in it. They are like fidget spinners of shooting games.

True

So its pretty much The Division now?

It's sort of got Division's gear system, I guess. Doesn't share much else with it though.

It looks interesting but I hope it's not as boring as Wildlands. I finished it but the world might've been too open/not enough interesting and different things to do.

Its literally the Division: Jungle edition. Why make such a blatant copy of an already existing franchise that you also publish?

>Gear item levels and DPS
>Enemy levels
>Central hubs that players wander around and interact with others at
>Raids

>Enemy levels
>In a non-rpg game

Major red flag

Why did they turn Ghost Recon into a Division/Destiny clone? Couldn't they make a decent tacticool game again?