Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CNCGltnYYfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G3NlyiwpdlI
youtube.com/watch?v=OokwSFybn4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you scared Yea Forums?

I just finished it. Wew lad.

Installing it now

I'll probably buy it in October for some Halloween chills. It's my most anticipated game this year.
But I have a ton of games still my backlog, just started The Council which is super comfy.
How comfy is Man of Medan?

Big disappointment

actually fucking trash game, waste of time

Why?

I couldn't even be fucked to finish Until Dawn.

Writing felt really clunky and forced, thought the 5 player couch coop would be a good meme but after playing through it a bit on my own I don't even want to put my friends through it

None of the characters are likable or have anything going for them, all their interactions feel really out of the blue. If they replaced all the talk sections with awkward silence the game would play and feel the exact same

Nah I'm good

This just took what little good was in Until Dawn out of it

I have heard nothing good about this game from anyone that isn't affiliated with the company in some form.

From what I've seen (on PC), a large amount of the "game" plays itself, you get 30 minutes long scene that happens with no player input available whatsoever, one key prompt out of nowhere (with no transition between scene and gameplay so have fun failing them) and another 30 minutes long scene.
For an interactive movie, it even fails at having proper animations, it's extremely stiff, with characters faces resetting between dialogues, and being weird in general.
The story is also terrible, the plot twist is anticlimatic, characters have extremely odd, almost inhumane, interactions with each other, characters stop being useful the instant they were supposed to die and become background elements.
tl;dr It's garbage and looks like the story was written by an intern.

This got stealth released? Is it fun in coop?

Is it better than Until Dawn? Because that game was pretty trash storywise. "All that stuff was actually fake but it turns out there's a real killer oh and also there are skinwalkers". Seemed to me like someone just asked their 13 year old niece to write a draft for a horror game and then rolled with it.

Attached: 45b1a4eb9a666d7ddb2ad7869208df19.jpg (574x574, 28K)

this is much worse

>All that stuff was actually fake but it turns out there's a real killer oh and also there are skinwalkers
Do you want a spoiler to figure the quality of the story writing?
Otherwise, no, it's even more disappointing than UD.
Here the spoiler: There's nothing supernatural, it's all hallucination from the gas released by the shipment.

>hey Conrad you should run away and get help
>runs away, comes back alone in the end for literally no reason and dies
That's fucking retarded. Most choices in this game are fucking retarded. I killed Brad with Fliss because I was reading the book and it took too much time so I couldn't go behind the curtains. The same thing happened with Julia in the boat, I was looking at the photos so I couldn't explore the boat and find the ring. The game punishes you for looking at stuff, who fucking thought that was a good idea?

>Here the spoiler:

Wow that's fucking terrible, there's no way I'm getting this game now unless that's one of several possible endings

How much sexy stuff is there? I was gonna play it with my parents and younger sister, but I remember the scene from Until Dawn where they're about to fuck in the cabin.

I played a bit of this, and the whole seems so low quality compared to Until Dawn. Especially the writing. The whole thing feels worse than Cage at his worst.

>Here the spoiler:
>t. M Night Famalam

FUCK
U
C
K

"Played" it with a couple friends recently and it was pretty shit and short as fuck. Then again we had Connor escape on the boat, maybe that's what made it way shorter since he was missing until the very last cutscene.

I watched this and Until Dawn. This is significantly worse, at least Until Dawn was so stupid that it was fun at times. This was just stupid. The story gimmick is so obvious from the first opening scene, that I thought it was going to be a subversion of expectations. Like the monsters were ACTUALLY real and not hallucinations, and the gas being a red herring. There's the unlikeable cardboard characters, whose voice acting is atrocious. At least the environments are nice.

>finished it in an afternoon
>that reveal near the end
good thing I pirated it because I'm never touching it again

story is rushed and full of plotholes
and it makes sense because its one of the many to come

>contrarian Yea Forums reeling into hyperbole again
No it's not as good as Until Dawn and yes some of the line deliveries are bad but it's still a very entertaining experience. The online multiplayer is the best way to experience it and is a very interesting idea.

>If they replaced all the talk sections with awkward silence the game would play and feel the exact same
we both know that's bullshit and we both know you know you're spouting bullshit because you didn't like it

I've heard nothing negative from anyone except this thread so you're either lying or posting from another dimension

No. It has some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a videogame. It's David Cage -tier.

There is no reveal. You're a lying shitposter. You took a chance on assuming there was some reveal to give yourself credibility but faceplanted.

Embarrassing.

I had a few good laughs playing Movie Night when choosing "say nothing" instead of the other options. The conversations sound autistic desu

It's like a shitty bootleg version of until dawn thats shorter too

If you've played God of War 2018, anything by Remedy, Naughty Dog, or hell most AAA western games the last 4 or 5 years there is no way you could consider the writing in this to be relatively worse.

All the faggots hating on it are just butthurt pc and xbox fanboys mad they cant play it, who hate on it when they never even played it. Same with mgs4 desu

Unironically it's pretty good and you should play it, it wasnt as good as until dawn but still pretty good

>something isnt as good as something before
>therefore it is irredeemable trash
>short = bad
Yea Forums you really need to grow the fuck up. So sick of hearing this childish bullshit

No thats another minus, the deaths are all badly done and the endings differ in very few parts

I think it's you that dimension hopped because every thread I've read has been like this. That said I don't normally post during these hours so it might just be a regional thing.

>it's all hallucination
>not a shitty reveal

No but you'd think after 3 years theyd manage to improve or at least provide the same quality of until dawn which had great storytelling

Man of medan isnt just slightly worse than until dawn its downright shit

It's an anthology right?
Probably just gonna wait until they released them all in one collection

Every 6months a 3 hour story for 30 bucks

I wouldn't even pay that much for a movie, what the shit.

>play

Admittingly theres an ending that suggests the gas might be making actual monsters out of the corpses

>All the faggots hating on it are just butthurt pc and xbox fanboys mad they cant play it
You know it's on PC, right?

Attached: No.gif (500x200, 662K)

You are an autistic cockbite and I feel bad for anyone exposed to your existence. Absolutely annoying fucking cunt you are.

Attached: 1563398485278.jpg (890x719, 57K)

Which one do you mean? The one where the chink attacks the military is just since he sees them as ghosts.
To be fair i never bothered with that one locked chest

My bad, I just realized it is. These games are usually playstation exclusive lol

What I wanna know is what happened to the four armed monster in the intro?

I wonder, did they just ported the console version on PC? It's extremely buggy.

It was really boring.
next chapter in that small village seems a lot more interesting than being stuck on a boat

>play
You mean watch?

I'll play the next one with the loli

Would have been better if it was free-roaming around the boat and people dying made it harder to solve puzzles because a lot of them need multiple people to solve.

And fail every single QTEs in the game because you often spend over 30 minutes without any player input.

Looks like a movie game about some normies getting jump scared to death. Zero interest. Even if fitboy's got it for free.

I wish "games" like this were more consistent with their QTEs. Like, it will set up that a punch comes with a QTE, then will have a string of punches without a QTE.

they show chemicals leak in the fucking intro, pretty much every single memo on the ship tells you about people getting sick in the cargo hold. Characters start seeing shit after walking aroung yellowish fog, the currator gives you a lot of clues to figure this shit out and straight up explains it in his second sequence.

Yeah, and that's why the reveal is a bad reveal, the player will most likely have figured this out by then and reached the point where they actually hoped there was an actual monster.

>normies getting jump scared to death
Yeah, that's the plot actually

>loud sounds simulator
Seriously, can someone count all the jumpscares, every 30 seconds there was a fucking rat with loud piano sound

>tell the curator no spoilers
>he still spoilers you
ebin
and the moment when brad literally explains the plot for the zoomers that dont bother reading the clues around was cringe as fuck, they literally tell you the entire thing then still throw these ghosts at you for some reason

He's a Snoy nigger, what did you expect?

Went through it twice with friends now. After the first time I didn't feel compelled to replay but the second run (both theatrical) was actually way different and I hadn't even seen the relationships before that you could pursue. Still thought it was novel but yeah the premise and/or writing is kind of boring. I actually had more fun digging up the actual story and I found the original three Dutch articles that started the story in a local newspaper at the time. Am coincidentally Dutch so I enjoyed reading them.

I can't wait for the slippery slope
>Man of Medan first story was half the budget of UD
>game sells poorly
>second story is half the budget of the first one
>game sells poorly
>third story is half the budget of the second one
>by the time we reach the last game, the entire game is made through MSPaint, the audio is made by one guy with his mouth, story is some Star Trek fanfic.

Reducing the budget might actually help matters.

No, i am watching pewdiepie so that i dont spend my money

>QTEs
should stay back in 2005 where they belong.

Attached: 404.jpg (2037x1708, 151K)

you can pirate it you retarded monkey

That ilegal, and crime is only for people of colour

>people of colour
Should be fine. Seeing as how you type like one.

Attached: shut fuck.png (500x595, 133K)

based retard

That is racist

Attached: 1553750202269.gif (607x609, 754K)

it's actually true since you always have the option to "say nothing" and the person speaking to you doesn't even react to your weird silence. It's really not a good game. Shame too since Until Dawn is really cool

Jajaja
>Le epic clown
That meme is dead

i mean if you have heard about the ss ourang medan story you would've expected as much

Doesn't make you any less of an illiterate nigger.

just doesn't work without a slide whistle sound

It's dogshit. Makes Until Dawn look like pure vidyakino in comparison.

youtu.be/CNCGltnYYfQ

In one ending, Olson gets SUPER POWERS and glowing red eyes. Which hints that Manchurian gold might be more then what our characters think it is

Why were there so guns on this military vessel?

Manchurian gold was just TOO HOT for a convoy apparently, so they just sent one ship that had to be able to protect itself if attacked.

You can't play a movie.

Those examples are more standard writing, with maybe some interesting highlights. MoM is more like an AI trying to write natural human interactions. Doesn't help that most of the deliveries by the actors are really fucking bad. I don't know if it's bad direction, something about the way they shoot the mocap but whatever it is, it's less like a movie and more like an amateur theater play.

UD is a storytelling masterpiece compared to MoM

When Markiplier described it as like watching an amateur improve, he hit the nail on the head.

Seems like all they need to do is stop hiring famous actors.

>They're planning 8 games for this "anthology"
Yeah, and DC's Dark Universe will surely be a big hit.

I tried to watch John Wolfe play it but I had to quit like 2 minutes in because the voice acting was so unbelievably shitty. I didn't even know it was possible to fuck up that bad on voice acting.

Ye John Wolfe sounds and looks cringe

I only recognized Shawn Ashmore, specially since he had already stared in a different game, Quantum Break.

One big thing that breaks this game for me is that none of the main guys can fight. There was multiple occasions when they could've just kicked the fishermans asses

why it's called medan anyway?

Is there online coop mode?
Can i play with my friends if we are playing free version?

>buy

I was talking about the voice acting in Man of Medan.

I already did and finished it last night.
It was... meh, okay I guess, pretty fucking cheesy with lots of retarded cliches everywhere and too many jumpscares that did nothing but annoy me.
The acting was also somewhat bad but I could get over it.

The game was also pretty short but I'm guessing that's what they're going for seeing as they're looking to already release another game called ''Little Hope'' in 2020, probably going to be a series hence the subtitle they went with 'The Dark Pictures Anthology'.
Sounds cool by me though but the size of the game and the price of it relative to how much quickly you finish it is pretty unbalanced imo.

Attached: 1556633998022.jpg (1080x1313, 137K)

Referencing the Ourang Medan ghost ship story.

shill

>sit through John Wolfe's talking
>quit during in-game talking
wtf

You're right, the only thing I imagined during the boat takeover was when Conrad managed to take a hold of one of those guys and put a knife to his throat, literally best thing to do at that point was to slit his throat, use his body as cover from when the other guy would try to shoot him, push forward using the dude's body and then shoving it onto the dude with a gun while half of the group would try to subdue the dude with the gun he just knocked out and the other half jumping on the third dude, given you already had him capture as well, if not then then just jump him again.

I imagined Fliss not being a retard and having a gun on her boat

Not every thing is supposed to have a reveal.

>WOOOOUHHH DEATH
>WOUUUUUHHH DEAAAATTTHHH
>WONTCHU SPARE ME OVER DIN ANODTHER DAYF
>*faggot bass music and metal instrumentals start kicking in*
>*voice ends up getting autotuned to hell and back*
>DEAH--DEATH--DEATH--WONTCHU---WONTCHU----WONTCHU-DEATH--DEATH
This made me cringe so fucking bad.
How can you take such a good song that sounds perfectly fine just sung without any instruments and transform it into this complete fucking piece of shit?
Just stick to the traditional version of it, holy shit.. and don't overdo it, I feel like i've heard it too often in games lately, just like that ''This aint no place for a hero'' piece

Attached: 1556740356022.jpg (236x333, 17K)

Or even a flair gun.

Was it the same version from Until dawn because that version was pretty cool.

Exactly, why would you need to do a reveal for a horror story in the first place? Mystery is literally why it works.

no. at least the one in until dawn was fine
i just don't see this shit working well with this type of instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=G3NlyiwpdlI

Any sort of weapon really, the fishermen weren't that much of a threat since only one of them had a gun.

>it's all a hallucination

Way to make the game not spooky, it's like the reverse of Until Dawn's supernatural twist.

Zoomers literally can't comprehend a story has a twist ending, a sudden reveal out of nowhere. I blame pixar movies and M Night Shyamalan

ho boy, it's a shitshow compared to Until Dawn

Yea the direction and acting is really fucking terrible. Everything feels so wooden.

Do they ever mention who actually made Manchurian gold? From the secrets I found they talk about 'enemy nations' but they never mention who by name. Its blatantly Unit 731 but they never mention it.

Manchurians

Why are most of these angles an almost fish eye level tight shot on characters' badly animated faces? They go between two animations and reset on camera change almost every time

D E L U S I O N A L

It's the gas harry!

Why did the fisherman turn up anyway? I mean, they didn't have a radar on their little boat like Fliss had on hers, so it's not like they could have known they were there?

And why did they sail up to them so close anyway?

Who would win tho?

Attached: Man of Nam.png (640x720, 215K)

>Until Dawn was kino
>Man of Medan was trash

What went wrong?

See Until Dawn would've been fine of all the other stuff wasnt written later in the game. Mike's stuff was always in the game which is why his stuff is fleshed out. Honestly the twist, wouldve been more surprising if we actually had played as Ramis character once.

dark pp of course :)

Lobster pots I think? They were probably pirates the whole time, and just went a little out of range before waiting for dark to come back.

Maybe they improve as the anthology goes on, but right now this needs a price drop of like 15-20% to make it worth the cost.

Until Dawn felt more self aware.

>And why did they sail up to them so close anyway?
Purposefully crashed to check how much money they got by asking for cash to repair the boat.
Conrad throws money in water so they know those niggas are loaded.
I guess they thought they would stay in the same place cause they were diving??

That's a good point? Why would they stay in the same place? I'd get way out of sight of that place if we ended up pissing some mean-looking dudes off.

At least give to save the nice boy, give to save Junior.

Attached: junior.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

The fishermen were pirates, the real question is what kind of pirates doesn't have an AK?

>2:30
>mfw when I see the derpy faces and the awkward convos in this game

That's a pretty retarded strategy.
>Let me damage my boat just to see how much money they offer

>Why would they stay in the same place?
Because everyone was written to be a retard, including and especially Fliss

>loud noise = scary: the game
no

Attached: 1521102894872.jpg (317x265, 12K)

You know when Mass Effect was given to a different branch of the studio, Andromeda was made, and it was a scuffed, bland imitation of the original games? That's pretty much what this game is to Until Dawn, it does nearly everything worse than it.

If they were smart they would just go on /biz/ and invest into crypto instead of being pirates :^)

Boat was probably already damaged. You've never heard of people scamming with a beat up car like that before in cities?

Wasn't Brad (I think) given the bio "cautious" or something? Wouldn't he be up for turning tail and running? Especially with the storm coming?

Sure but that's in the middle of a city, not in the middle of the ocean.

The short lived kind.

It unironically looks awful with a diversity-enforced cast.

That's pretty accurate. It's a shame but if they really end up making 8 games in this series then I only expect them to improve over time.

>oh my god, bois
>it's da eyes!
>they look scary therefore I am scared

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (640x360, 14K)

The "damage" was mostly cosmetic

Fliss pissed me the fuck off. She had plenty of moments where someone had their back to her and she could have grappeled one of them.

The entire kidnapping scene (yes it's a movie with choices) was fucking infuriating. Mother fuckers.

>tfw markiplier call out the game is clunky and the plot is nonsensical
It's that really bad?

one thing Until Dawn did well is throw unlikeable characters at you, developed them over time and make you actually want to keep them alive. this game's characters were just so bland, it made me 100% indifferent as to what happened to them

Well the game is already pretty bad, and he's playing the PC version which is also really bugged.

Ye, but everyone that I watched just made him magically drunk with 1 beer so he was unconscious during the whole segment. Dunno how that changes if he doesn't drink.

Yes, but it's fucking hilarious so it's worth watching

Someone please make a gif/webm of Alex wrestling with the "monster" and the dumb little leg scuttle they do?

Ramming it into another boat is still a retarded gamble. If you're playing that con in the middle of the city, you can then take the bus home.

Play the game and do nothing but press the Say Nothing option

Not at all. He just sits in another spot rather than on his bed and there's a few new conversations. He still hides under his bed when the pirates come

>looks at camera/director just before the lunge

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (640x360, 21K)

>In debt and having trouble making repayments
>Fake license
>Watched Conrad taunt the pirates
>Had a fucking bbq explosion just to make sure if pirates stick around they would know they are still there
>No weapons of any kind on the boat
I thought her being retarded was on purpose

Didn't they only ram into the buoy? Also depending on experience I bet they could fake the collision pretty well

So what was up with that skeleton in the casket with two heads? Actually real monster or just an hallucination??

>80s-90s teenage horror
>Trash

Don't breathe that! Look, it's bright yellow!

Attached: sanchez.jpg (400x300, 23K)

I thought they rammed into a metal diving line?

That's why you don't let women be captains.

There are literally no monsters.

Would the game be better if it went full Professor Layton?

I mean the point also is half the people on the boat were also rich retards who thought money would solve everything and didn't even think to check the captain

>Ramming it into another boat is still a retarded gamble
That's why you put your fenders out before you rub against them and then just try to robust fuckers who saw you. "oh, if you didn't hit us where did this (12 year old) damage come from?!" and then hope the other side caves because like you said, you're in the middle of the ocean and they know that no help is near.

I bet whoever wrote that felt really clever about themselves.
>Until Dawn looked like a normal slasher teen movie but then we subvert it by adding supernatural elements
>Therefore no one will expect when we open with supernatural elements and tell them it's actually nothing
>Now where did I leave that bottle of bourbon

Probably a hallucination. I was hoping for some more human experiments along with the gas but I haven't been able to find anything.

Even fucking Markiplier of all people thinks it's dogshit

i hope you killed that stupid bitch

Attached: garth.jpg (425x302, 16K)

>he gets excited about the prospect of the black guy fucking the white girl
>does everything possible to cockblock Conrad

Big hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Weird that they would all hallucinate the same thing when it's shown not to be the case elsewhere.

Or since no help is nearby, just jump the middleman and say "Good evening, we be pirates. Give us your booty or we'll slice your fucking throats open"

>There's nothing supernatural, it's all hallucination from the gas released by the shipment.
It's fucking obvious in the fucking intro god fucking goddammit I hate this game.

MoM is just: LOUD = SCARY

Nothing but jumpscares, and its so incredibly laughable and predictable too. Not to mention random model glitches which strip the final tiny bit of horror. Alex t posing with his flashlight fucking broke me.

Attached: Smiley.jpg (237x195, 22K)

I guess if you wanted to grasp at straws you could say that he didn't want to ruin his brothers holiday, especially since he was invited by her gf and gf's brother which were rich. You could support this by Alex saying be cool bro during the opening segment

Some people have a little more tact than that just incase there's actually armed personnel on board. High seas piracy is a legitimate reason to shoot on sight.

AAAAAHHHH
NO
IT'S ALL GONE CHANGING ON ME AGAIN
I SAID NO CHANGING
DON'T BREATH IT IN

>rob a poorfag
>you get nothing except a witness

You know how Raymond Chandler had that quote "When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand."
I feel like horror movies/games have the same thing but with jumpscares.
>Don't know how to move the plot along? Jumpscare.

Yeah, they had a character go from our most hated to most beloved in Until Dawn. They really hit the familiar horror tropes early on which made their own twists and evolution of them satisfying.

>a witness
Dead men tell no tales.

The real question is what was the shittier horror, Man of Medan or Blair Witch

>Dipstick!
>Shot de fock op.

Attached: maxresdefault (38).jpg (1280x720, 209K)

>Now you got sea guard niggers looking for him ruining your piracy area

I kind of liked Julia. True, it's only because her facial animations are funny, but I still liked her.

That's basically all UD had as well. The difference is that UD felt more tongue in cheek so you forgave it. I think MoM just takes itself too seriously.

That said, the one spook that actually got me was the pinup model standing in the corner just as you walk through the door. It was quick enough that I wasn't sure I saw it and I loved it.

Pirates aren't known for their tact.

It lacked a proper climax.

>kill witnesses
>throw them overboard tied to whatever heavy stuff
>have the boat sail off into the sunset
>it runs out of gas in some other area

They do if they don't want to get shot and are instead looking for a simple shakedown.

Is Blair Witch that bad? I did Medan yesterday and planned on going through bw today.

Wait for it to go on sale

Ending is utter shit and its a buggy mess right now

>Elaborate on that.
>No.

The pinup model stuff is creepy especially the OP image where she turns into a spooby ghoul. Too bad the chase scene involving her makes no sense.

>Get backed into a corner on the plank
>Tell Conrad to jump
>He fucking swan dives to his death

You'd think he try to tuck and roll or something and maybe come out with some broken ribs but no.

It's more of a shitty silent hill clone than blair witch and the entire plot can boil down to wtf main character has PTSD

>especially the OP image where she turns into a spooby ghoul
>"Oh my god bois, it's da model."
>"She looks scary therefore I am scared."

I find that it's much better for everyone involved when you lose the con artist pretense. Just very openly say "pay our tax or we come back". Doing the whole "you ruin something of mine when I ran into you on purpose so now you pay for it" just leads to arguments. And arguments aren't good in the middle of the big blue nothing.

autism

>BBQ explodes just as pirates/fisherman are sailing off
What was that about? Did Conrad just peace out of the conversation to grill a burger?

>I didn't like it
>why?
>gives reasons
>you're only say that because you didn't like it!

You've got a very good point there.

Yes, he wanted to throw a burger into the sea too

Pay our tax or we come back seems like low risk low reward though, not saying the game did a good portrayal but I think it makes sense they would rather ransom rich kids than just steal their shit.

this. when it suddenly cut to daylight outside the ship I thought they were hallucinating an escape.

This, I never can get into maritime ghost stories for some reason. Not sure why.

Pay our tax or we come back is a hell of a lot safer than the alternatives. "Give us reason not to shake you down" can lead to "well that's a lot of guns you've got there, guess we'll leave" whereas "storm them me hearties" will just lead to a lot of dead people for potentially no reward.

I think there's three scenarios
>Pay our tax or we come back
>No
>Pirates fuck off and come back fully armed, which they already should be but whatever

>Yes
>If they're loaded with cash, pirates fuck off and come back anyways fully armed
>If they don't seem that valuable, just get the tax and fuck off

>Victims shoot first, if they're armed
>Other pirates in the area realize they lost contact and are now 100% bloodlust, maybe selling the victims off to slavery, etc

>Other pirates in the area
If they're not sailing in wolfpack they're not going to give a shit about one another because they're just going to be rival outfits who would eat their own dead if need be. Modern pirates are the kind of scum who only go off shore because either there's nothing to steal on land or they're too small and petty to make it into the organised crime syndicates.

You forgot the part where they have radios/phones etc. if they don't have their guns ready and the victims are a long way from the coast they could just 1. fuck off 2. call the coast guard or whatever

The Dark PP'd Man of NAM

The very bad at actually being pirates kind. Probably did the kidnapping as a spur of the moment kind of deal

>If they're not sailing in wolfpack
That's a big if to risk when dealing with a pirate.
Same thing happens if you do the "smash boat con".
>Hey, Coast Guard? Some guys some came here, did this con, what should we do?
Hell, if I was sailing off in the middle of the ocean, just seeing another boat approaching would be enough for me to instantly call some authority, not just let them approach and pretend some "accident".
Most cons are done with the idea that the victim doesn't even realize they're in a con, right? Smashing your boat against another boat, when there isn't another obstacle for hundred of miles, kinda indicates that it's a shakedown, so might as well make sure everyone involved is calm by being polite with the "tax" excuse.

thats my main complain with the game, I really fucking hate jumpscares especially when its not even a ghost or anything, just a fucking rat or a fish. The biggest spook for me was sailor girl waving at Conrad out of the blue. No music, no scary face, just that. Had to stop for a couple of hours.

>Hell, if I was sailing off in the middle of the ocean, just seeing another boat approaching would be enough for me to instantly call some authority, not just let them approach and pretend some "accident".
Ye but they obviously would target rich retards and if the targets aren't rich - no point in robbing them, not retards - would have a way not to get robbed.

>just seeing another boat approaching would be enough for me to instantly call some authority
"uhhhhhh, anyone on channel 16, uhhhhh, this is user on the good ship lollypop, and I'm seeing some boat approaching me.... what do?"
*static*
"CHANNEL 16 IS RESERVED FOR EMERGENCY TRAFFIC ONLY. CEASE BROADCAST IMMEDIATELY"

And then you'd look like a right tit unless you wanted to cry wolf.

Not even close. I stayed and paid full attention with the cast of UD. The 1st half of Medan actually made me sleepy

kek

>no point in robbing them
Well, since you're there you might as well get some gas money, even if the target isn't rich.
>"CHANNEL 16 IS RESERVED FOR EMERGENCY TRAFFIC ONLY. CEASE BROADCAST IMMEDIATELY"
>If my dead body ends up making news all over the world, you're going to look very silly, sir.

The fact so many struggled to realize that this is what was happening astounded me.

It was the most obvious thing ever.

>Well, since you're there you might as well get some gas money, even if the target isn't rich.
No, you would rather not waste time and getting attention to get pennies if you can rob a rich fag that will give you 100x times what a poorfag has

You mean the girl that appears next to the door for just a split second?

The environment is soooo good in this game they really wasted it with too many jumpscares.

I want more horror scares that play with your perception and off feelings. Like things moving off camera, enter a room and suddenly the corpses are in different positions etc.

Also the direction is way more confusing than UD. It's just too obvious that the game is structured in a specific set of scenes that always have to play out, and the disconnect when the story jumps between them is so jarring.

>f my dead body ends up making news all over the world, you're going to look very silly, sir.
>"WE HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE YOU AUTIST"

>If my dead body ends up making news all over the world, you're going to look very silly, sir.
"Are you declaring a state of emergency on board? REPEAT, is a state of emergency on board?"
And then if you say yes you're going to have some very angry captain crawling up your asshole. And if you cried pirate then you're going to have a very pissed off government sending you tax bills for the warships they redirected. I swear half the budget for the Australian navy is spend on picking up rich dipshits from the Indian ocean after they realise they're not good sailors.

This not a game. It's a visual novel where you get to push some buttons sometimes. garbage

Don't insult visual novels

The radioman took a sneak peak inside one of the coffin and saw the gooks’ handiworks. Ends up hallucinating that freak show

>Well, uh, fuck the ocean. Don't know why I even came here. I hate getting wet.

Supermassive Games obviously wanted to avoid getting the game banned in japan.

Lack of Sonybux

It's not going to do well there anyway, not with that cast.

>>If my dead body ends up making news all over the world, you're going to look very silly, sir.
They'll just bury the transmission to make it look like you never called (lol

Its a Unit 731 experiment. Those nasty bastards did some real freaky mad science/surgery shit irl.

>Those nasty bastards did some real freaky mad science/surgery shit irl
everyone did, the winners just didn't have to show it

Does unit 731 gas make me see ghosts and zombies? I'm do doctor, but it's crazy how humans can invent a nerve agent that make you hallucinate specific things like that.

That and lack of focus. Instead of telling a tight story with a small group of characters, they're trying to do an anthology series with under developed characters.

Pretty sure that's straight up fantasy, but what you could do is give the gas and influence the person into thinking about ghosts and zombies, therefore making them think they're seeing ghosts and zombies. Different people would end up seeing different things but they'd likely describe the same basic monster.

Nah, we just hired the scientiests

>Area 51
>Unit 731
What else?

I think you mean the first time she shows up, in a corner, I almost didnt notice her, the scene that Im talking about is almost right after that, in a room full of bunk beds, I did some exploring and I was walking towards the door and she was there, saying hello to me, it wasnt her ghost form, it was the pretty form, with all the colors and all that, no loud music, no closeup of the ghoul face, just that. Thats way more effective for me, it has stuck with me.

Area 51 is where burgers test their prototype planes. They mostly just drugged/mindfucked college students, irradiate US army grunts and give niggers syphalis

Nazis had shitload

Someone post the black girl please

its the room at the beginning of this video
youtube.com/watch?v=OokwSFybn4A

Im not going to see if she shows up in the video because fuck that, so sorry, no timestamp

Yeah I remember walking by her in the middle of the bunk beds, but as soon as I turned my flashlight towards her she disappeared. It was kind of spooky, although I didn't question if she was there since I noticed her as soon as I entered and though it was going to be a jump scare.

I wish the jumpscare doesn't use loud BGM. A silent apparition in a split second is enough to make everyone stop.

Their style doesn't work without the guise of a winking tongue in cheek horny teens horror movie theme.

Radiation tests on civilians. Experimental virus and vaccination tests on prisoners of war. Psychological testing on willing and unwilling patients. Experimental surgery techniques and practices. Human test subjects across various fields. A lot of this shit is either declassified but in language so dry the specifics would only be gleaned by a scientist in the field (who was likely to have been part of the projects) or came to light after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Any girl to fall in love with like Ashley ?

that selfie smile

If by love, you mean fucking, then the black girl is pure sex

what do I have to do to get her and Conrad together?

flirt with him on the boat
don't let him leave the boat
keep him alive

They should do one like signs.

Farmhouse during alien invasion

UD is better but this is still enjoyable. Hyperbolic children calling it trash never played Hidden Agenda, Inpatient, or Rush of Blood. THAT is trash.

>duur jumpskares r bad

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-233032_1.png (1440x847, 916K)

I don't think there is anything wrong with that if it has an interesting story to tell. I think this game fell flat where UD succeeded though.

They could do with some more puzzles or whatever though.

this kind of game lends itself perfectly to a The Thing-esq creature. surprised they haven't done it yet.

Not enough spooky ghost bullshit. They hyped the woman in the OP and she was one of only "ghosts" in the game.

It's pretty funny that if Conrad escapes early you won't even understand when she kills him at the end.

Okay, but Unit 731 was something else. Like some real mad scientist shit.

>Vivisecting victims while alive and without anesthesia.
>Performing amputations, then sewing the limbs back on in the wrong places.
>Deliberately infecting prisoners with syphilis, gonorrhea, bubonic plague, cholera, smallpox, botulism, etcetera.
>Exploding people's eyeballs by subjecting them to low pressure environments.
>Injecting horse urine directly into their kidneys for no apparent reason.
>Tons of rape, either the guards raping the prisoners or infected prisoners forced to rape non-infected ones.
>Lots of experiments with burns, electrocution, frostbite, literally spinning people in centrifuges, and just burying them alive.

Oh, and this gem.
>One of the former researchers I located told me that one day he had a human experiment scheduled, but there was still time to kill. So he and another unit member took the keys to the cells and opened one that housed a Chinese woman. One of the unit members raped her; the other member took the keys and opened another cell. There was a Chinese woman in there who had been used in a frostbite experiment. She had several fingers missing and her bones were black, with gangrene set in. He was about to rape her anyway, then he saw that her sex organ was festering, with pus oozing to the surface. He gave up the idea, left and locked the door, then later went on to his experimental work.

Attached: 1402891075019.png (356x256, 200K)

how good is it in coop my gf and I loved A Way Out

nice quads

If you liked a way out you'll like this.
it's fun and worth at least one playthrough

>Chinese did literally nothing wrong to the Japanese and the japs still treated them worse than animals

At least you could make an argument that the germans thought the jews were ruining their country

it is fun if you are 5, because otherwise each one of you is forced to pick various characters and since you dont know at first their relation or how they're going to interact, you might end up talking to yourself for a long time

online multiplayer is very fun though

I dont know, I liked the game, it has flaws, but its enjoyable

Co-op is basically the intended experience. It makes the story better too when you realize what is going on. I wonder how it'll work in future games.

have one of you pick Conrad, Brad and Julia, and the other one Alex and Fliss

So what's Little Hope based on? All their games so far have been based on some myth or urban legend.

A witch maybe?
Silent Hill?

MoM has a ton of references to Salem witch trials. So witches, curses, false accusations, etc.

>The Dark Pictures Anthology is based on real urban legends and modern folklore. The stories are presented by The Curator, a veritable Crypt Keeper for the internet age. He resides in an old mansion, keeping his stories sorted neatly on shelves, with enough tomes to make any librarian jealous. His first story, following the myth of the Ourang Medan, was a pleasingly obscure selection. Little Hope takes that obscurity to the next level, and it took me days of crawling down rabbit holes to figure it out. Stretch those muscles before the next paragraph, because we are about to do some reaching.

>Little Hope is an uncommon name in the United States. There are a handful of unincorporated townships and several cemeteries, but not much else. One of these townships is a suburb of Dayton, Wisconsin. Driving north for just under an hour, one would reach the towns of Ripon and Rosendale, which share a peculiar story. Down a dusty, overgrown gravel road, there is the shell of a home abandoned seventy years ago. Rumor has it, a witch lived there, working her dark spells. While the street’s legal name is Callan Road, it is commonly called Witch’s Road or The Witch’s Hollow, and its most frequently reported haunting is a little girl.

>The area around Little Hope, it turns out, is full of possibilities for horror developers. Ripon was rocked by a pair of awful murders in the 90s, which could be an angle for Supermassive to work. The cave in the trailer could be connected to Ripon as well; one common reason for visiting is searching for a rumored natural cave in the area that local folklore connects to the Underground Railroad. Two hours south of Little Hope, Aztalan State Park hosts a Native American burial mound that harbors evidence of human sacrifice. The most common mythical creature in the region’s folklore is the wendigo, a Supermassive holdover from Until Dawn that seems to make an appearance in the cave scene of the announcement trailer.

>hosts a Native American burial mound that harbors evidence of human sacrifice.
Once again, the injuns fuck everything up. It's bad enough that they didn't tell the white people how to kill wendigos.

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 81K)

How does co-op work? If characters start dying do you just not get to play?

>It's ghosts, but nah.

>princess bride is just a storybook, its not real
>therefore the movie is trash

Wonder if they'll do any of the more popular conspiracies like dyatlov's pass

>can't go a day without calling down demons on their land
No wonder they were so easy to take out.

How do you go from Until Dawn to this garbage?

I pirated it, got bored and uninstalled once I realized I wasn't going to see any more of Alex's thicc cock bulge or Brad's cute toes.
Shit game, literally unplayable.

Attached: 1526713208987.jpg (218x231, 10K)

>garbage
Grow up.

'sup devs

None of the boys were particularly cute anyway. Huge step down from Until Dawn.

Or finding a good publisher sugar daddy. UD did well in sales even though they had to remake the game from scratch

"It's not actually supernatural" is one of the worst twist you can possibly make

It's up there with "it was all a dream"

It's alright if you can lay out a plausible explanation that doesn't require some scooby doo level bullshit. But that's not easy to do.

It is
>forced jumpscares, loud = scary
>buggy animations
>akward dialogue
>boring setting
>boring characters with zero personality which makes you not care about them
>literally nothing happens except for a black dude going insane and another black dude shooting himself
Until Dawn was better in every way

Outlast 2 is the crown fucking Prince of this shit.

Just watch The Terror if you want some horror about madness on a ship, this "game" blows.

There is literally nothing wrong with 'it wasnt supernatural'. Go like the video of whatever youtuber you get your opinions from and dont forget your homework.

>it is
No. Your post isn't worth reading when you spout hyperbole like a child. Grow up.

there is when the game pretends it is when it's obvious it's not

>it was all an hallucination !

How can you defend this garbage ? jesus christ

>nuh uh I won't read your post
Be a faggot then, also, have sex

Attached: 1560296218259.jpg (640x624, 26K)

Wait, I always thought the Outlast series was about supernatural shit. Damn.

The first one is, at the end

Are nanobots supernatural?

wait, it was nanobots ? I remember a weird spirit thing flying in the protagonist and him being shot as a result

I'm going through the wiki right now, and all I see is nanomachines, son. Still though, pretty cool. And the comics show this Spawn looking motherfucker actually being a friend of the guy from Whistleblower? Cool, cool.

it were nanobots.

oh wow fuck me then

The black girl gets naked ingame?
I need to know this, asking for a friend

Did you miss the fucking 24 hour conception to birth of the fucking anti-christ at the end?

Or the fucking Wall Rider from the first game?

There was no baby and it was probably more than 24 hours. Everyone was just tripping balls due to those radio waves or whatever. Wall Rider was a swarm of tiny robots.

>Did you miss the fucking 24 hour conception to birth of the fucking anti-christ at the end?

Did you miss that being a hallucination brought on by radio waves that drove everyone crazy?

everything felt fake and gay after I figured out it was just chemicals in the vietnam intro

Everyone in the second game was tripping because of THE NUMBERS, MASON
The thing from the first game was NANOMACHINES, SON