Why does this game control like dogshit?

Why does this game control like dogshit?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!R8dhiCCA!HHdFVt4aD19kQfiYzk9rBi8K5rVU0SsRN09LtkY5qcg
gothic-dx11.de/download/XVersions/GD3D11_X17_1.zip
nexusmods.com/gothic2/mods/4
moddb.com/mods/lhiver-edition-vanilla-gothic/addons/lhiver-edition-graphics-world-vurt-v091
i.imgur.com/TZYVxmS.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it doesn't, you're just too retarded

Map controls to game pad and it plays like classic Tomb Rider.

and that's a good thing

I prefer playing Tomb Raider on a keyboard.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. In terms of hits connecting. I don't care about the movement, the movement is fine.

Everything seems to work on 'states', instead of dedicated hitboxes or hurtboxes. But also seems to rely on whether or not you're locked on. So if an enemy is in a hurt state and you're in a backpeddle state, then the physical relation between you doesn't matter - you'll avoid damage.

But if you're not locked on, then your backpeddle state doesn't matter and you take damage. This fundamentally separates it from other "jank but functional systems" like Two Worlds' backstep, Madworld's backflip or Way of the Samurai 4's similar lock-on system (where your attacks would phase through enemies you're not locked onto, like Gothic, but it didn't matter because non-softlocked enemies didn't attack).

It didn't matter so much in Gothic 1, since Gothic 1 is easy as fuck and just rolls over for you, but Gothic 2 is making me question a lot of these minute mechanical design choices.

Attached: 59112b8aae653aee16470bb9.jpg (470x352, 32K)

It becomes a mess if you try to fight multiple enemies at once, but then again you're not supposed to, avoid it as much as you can and bait them towards you instead.
Also the mouse can be adjusted in the ini files, makes it a lot quicker and responsive, just google it

because its an awkward euro rpg.
its still a pretty damn good game.
avoid combat against multiple enemies, use all the tools you got, learn to parry humans.

>avoid combat against multiple enemies
How do you pull singular orcs/bandits? The only remotely viable way I found was to try and get half of them stuck in the terrain or something.

You don't, just stay out of their way

you can use magic for crowd control.

Ah, alright, thanks for the points. I'm still stupidly proud at figuring out how to time warg/wolf aggro to pull them one at a time.

Beaten all gothic games with a gamepad, you’re just a zoomer terrible at games

Gothic 2 Patching guide with graphics mods

Download this and install the patches in the correct order (read the installation order text file). You have to install these for the Steam or the GoG version or else the game won't run properly.
mega.nz/#!R8dhiCCA!HHdFVt4aD19kQfiYzk9rBi8K5rVU0SsRN09LtkY5qcg

Then download this and extract everything to the "system" folder in your Gothic 2 folder
gothic-dx11.de/download/XVersions/GD3D11_X17_1.zip
This makes the graphics a lot better, adds new shaders, increases the draw distance etc + fixes performance issues.

Additional Graphics mods (choose ONE of the two). Both of these work with the DX11 mod above. Both of these are installed by simply dropping the .vdf file into your "Data" folder (with other .vdf files in it)
Vurt's Graphics Overhaul:
This is the most vanilla-friendly graphics mod. It mostly only improves the textures/meshes.
nexusmods.com/gothic2/mods/4

L'hiver Vanilla Edition:
Changes the graphics + changes and expands the map. Edits certain locations and models, adds new buildings, new objects. It offers the best graphics imo but the downside is that it adds too many unnecessary trees in some locations.
moddb.com/mods/lhiver-edition-vanilla-gothic/addons/lhiver-edition-graphics-world-vurt-v091

Here are screenshots comparing the two mods:
i.imgur.com/TZYVxmS.jpg

If the in-game videos are very small go to the Gothic.ini file in the "system" folder and make these two lines have these values:
zVidResFullscreenX=640
zVidResFullscreenY=360

Attached: Gothic 2 Screenshot 2018.12.01 - 12.27.36.15.png (1920x1080, 3.74M)

Eurojank

you are not supposed to use the mouse

you think it controls like dogshit but then you realize that you can play it with one hand

Generally you should engage groups of enemies only if you can kill each single member of said group in only a couple of hits, otherwise they'll gang up on you and wreck your shit
So basically like said before,
until you're strong enough to 1hit them (or just generally easily dispatch them) and get the experience points

the other one's for drinking your Becks

>Becks
That's some serious shit taste you got there mate

it's just the first german beer off the top of my head

Based and Oettingerpilled