Bold move to have a female protagonist with a shovel for an ass but i think it paid off

bold move to have a female protagonist with a shovel for an ass but i think it paid off

great game, i just wish she had more of a personality

Attached: Control_20190830133806.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

Pretty great, hope the DLC will be as good as the main game.

i dont regret my day one buy at all but the content felt a touch chintzy. i get the idea they stripped some completed stuff out at the last minute both so they could parcel it out into DLC for extra lutefi$k & keep the hype going for a bit until death stranding drops & makes their sales look like baby shitting a crayon numbers. two birds with one gun you feel me?

Yeah, the dialogue of all the female characters was kind of fucking shit. Either Sam Lake can't write women, or he delegated it to some diversity hire. Contrasting Trench, Darling, and Dylan to the rest of the cast is night and day.

the character writing was so bad overall. darling, langtson, & ahti were the only ones with good & consistent characterization. imo trench was boring. shows up with this incredible layered projector effect just to mumble shit with no insight into his character at us. when jesse was saying "we wont be like them..." at the end i was thinking "like who? i barely know these fuckers!"

marshall was painfully generic, but lake really shit the bed with pope. she had so much potential to be a weird psycho elfish scientist. we get ONE interesting bit about her weaponry obsession & other than that its all "girl, i just cant even" & generic pep science optimism. felt like i was watching one fourth of the ghostbusters reboot.

underhill was good though, that one touch of sadness & longing when darling got brought up spoke deeper about her character than all of jesse's unnecessary & belabored internal quips. that was really nicely done & i wish we got more little things like that

but god was the world-building writing good, so, give & take

I can't believe you actually think anything was held back. Where did you get this delusion?

i hope you realize on some level posting this kind of compulsive screen damaged shit is a low point in your life. you can still turn back but in all likelihood youll just keep sinking lower

>shovel for an ass
>he doesn't have the Astral Dive outfit

PS4Chads win AGAIN

Not an argument.

She has a nice tush, check out the plugsuit or whatever it's called.
Is there a full list of missions anywhere? I think I have 29 completed and I don't seem to be missing any sidequests. I even did the Kojima walking sim thing and all.
This game is amazing, but it felt too short. I hope it doesn't take a year for the DLC to come out.

There's a challenge room mode involving the jukebox that was cut, you can still access the difficulty select UI for it using a glitch.

Whether that will be free DLC or bundled with the paid remains to be seen.

Asynchronous > *

That's on PC also, numbnuts.

hey let me lead with that i was completely satisfied with what they gave us & am really stoked for dlc & ready as hell to give them more money for more of this gem

but theres the jukebox which already points to a cut challenge mode, there are a few areas that architecturally indicate more space but have awkward door seals on them. its just a hunch. if the dlc are on the level of the bloodborne dlc ill happily slap myself in the nuts once, but firmly, for you

>WHY AREN'T THEY DUMPING EXPOSITION ON MEEE?!
Fucking gross display.

The characters involvement in the plot of the game are pretty boring.
Everything regarding the setting at large is cool as fuck though.

that was an early game screenshot bro cut me some slack

no you fucking moron, the exact problem was that they WERE doing EXACTLY THAT without any nuance or subtlety. good lord

>they WERE doing EXACTLY THAT
No, they weren't. text logs aren't exposition dumps. Learn how to video games, fagwagon.

First DLC is called the foundation. Jesus shit they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

bro i have it. i have fully examined the situation & this is my conclusion: eh.

i appreciate the cling man but on the scale of hank hill to OVER 200K POLYGONS OF 2B ASS shes much closer to hank hill

what gaem

Control.
Remedy's new not Alan Wake 2 game
Fuck you I know about the notes you can find It's not the same

What's with the way Jesse talks? Her inner monologue fits in with other Remedy protags like Alan Wake, but her normal dialogue is as generic mid-late 20s Female(tm) as you can get. It's not just the writing, but the voice actor too. Also why did they have to tease us with not only Alan Wake's actor coming back, but doing a direct easter egg as well.

woa she killed fallout boy

And Max Payne voicing the former director.

good christ. the problem is in CHARACTER writing, as in, what the characters SAY to each other. which was filled with boring exposition instead of meaningful expressions of motivation & internal state. now take the gun out of your mouth. stop sucking it like a dick. i dont care if you smeared it in peanut butter. you look like an asshole

I was under the impression that Polaris is the one actually running the show.
Turns out I was wrong

Lets just agree that remedy should have zero female characters in their future games.

i had the shotgun in my mouth ready for when they were going to reveal that polaris was actually you, the player. i had my toe on the trigger & everything. im really glad they didnt pull that kind of cheap twist

>great game
>game
>gameplay is shitty generic tps with completely fucked up balance leading to 1move spam
Yeah, no.

Cool it with the caps lock, champ. You sound deranged.
I agree that the dialogue felt awkward, but it's anyone's guess if it's what they were shooting for, as if they were educating their new tool/director and making her feel in charge to manipulate her. I still don't get why they just accepted Jesse as the director almost unanimously and without question. I think there's more they're not letting her in on and will slap you in the face with it in whatever comes next.

Try to play the thing before fumbling to shit on it.

I'll agree that you should get booted in the teeth, how about that?

>The run through the ashtray maze

Attached: 1564111766868.gif (500x500, 515K)

> deranged

buddy i dont think you know on which web site youre posting. but yeah man i think its just a problem with remedy over all. they constantly commit the "tell not show" sin with dialogue both internal & external

>I still don't get why they just accepted Jesse as the director almost unanimously and without question.
Because the board appointed her.

You don't want to know what happened to the last director before Trench.

that shit was so tight. the game was just setpiece after baller setpiece. first game to make me onions face this year. my lips were fused together from frowning & barely opening my mouth to mumble at delivery drivers so there was some blood when the skin tore away, but im not ashamed to admit that i only cried & shit myself a little bit

learn to "player expression" you lazy ass hole, it might give you more panache over all

Someone sounds like they need to be castrated.

shitty game shill thread

Is there a way to kill these things, yes or no?

Attached: 1547431340883.jpg (500x500, 114K)

>It'll happen again in a town called "Ordinary"

Alan fucked it up for even more people.

>that shit was so tight. the game was just setpiece after baller setpiece. first game to make me onions face this year. my lips were fused together from frowning & barely opening my mouth to mumble at delivery drivers so there was some blood when the skin tore away, but im not ashamed to admit that i only cried & shit myself a little bit
seriously what is wrong with you? why do you talk like this?

You can disable them temporarily by throwing chunks of black rock at them but otherwise you can't do shit to them.

underated game, i think this game wasn't made to be succesful at launch but some time after... give it some time Yea Forums and you will see.

try having a little fun in your life itll help for when youre pissing out kidney stones & need to charm the nurses for more painkillers

wear the tactical response outfit and slowly rotate around her ass, its not flat in that outfit, it actually gains size

Is there anything to the post game? I've wrapped up all the available sideqiests you can get before the end of the game and I'm currently stuck on the Tomassi fight in the Containment Sector. Is there anything more?

Who buys on epic store

>ass fluctuates in size depending on the observer
This is some odd phenomena and needs to be scrutinised further.

thats tactical padding. sorry you had to find out like this bro but women be ass stuffing just like they do with their titties too

aside from the logs pointing it out, does it makes sense that Alan Wake's universe is connected/the same as this one? If AW deals with paranormal shit, I might be interested.

Attached: Approach_the_Pyramidb.png (1524x1523, 173K)

not much unfortunately, but check out the mirror lab in synchronicity for one of the better bosses in the game, & the weird puzzle in luck & probability

No, just those shitty emergency missions and the challenges, and the Kojima thing.

that fight was a motherfucker. only time it took me 3 tries to beat a boss

I did the mirror, actually wrapped up the missing Alter Objects before finishing the game because I didn't know there would be a post game. Also did the mold stuff. Gonna check out the Luck and Probability puzzle.

AW is like a stephen king novel: pretty good, but uneven. relatively straightforward horror with some neat stuff here & there. i enjoyed it but not nearly as much as control. the sequel was a turd though, avoid it

What about Quantum Break?

It's cool

Attached: 20171207160446_1.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

>buy
Good one, user!

I suppose they could make anything connected if they wanted to.
e.g. just say its an AWE

do you ever go into the jukebox?
or is it a dlc portal

DLC, there's a working UI for it but no maps yet

Attached: djdqbceae1k31.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

fucking gay

Even the Hiss hate them. I like it.

WHAT THE FUCK was that half life looking motherfucker in the fridge it scared the shit out of me
you actually see it earlier on a projector screen near the fake cardboard astral plane room

They did
Cauldron Lake is a Threshold
Alan Wake himself is a Parautilitarian
The events of Alan wake is classed as AWE

It's called The Former. It is an astral being similar to those astral spinning debris enemies and The Board.

damn, the board looks like THIS??

its very disturbing

the former... former what? part of the board?
is trech part of the board now?
what the fuck happened to northmoor that he became a reactor

Maybe
No
Something bad

No The Board look like the pyramid.

The Furnace in Maintenance is an Object of Power, he tried to bind it to himself so he could shoot fire out of his hands and it didn't go as expected.

Attached: Control_20190901173044.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

You mean about being influenced by SCP? SCP wasn't original in the first place.

ill save you all a lot of time,literal "buy our dlc for the true ending" copout bullshit dont even waste your time

in addition they fake polaris dying and your brothers in a coma,fuck whichever one of you faggots said the ending was great

I bet the dlc actually has nothing to do with the ending. I bet it has to do with you playing as Marshall and dealing with whatever crap she went to do.