Carmack and Rogan put their finger on why classic arena FPS gaming is so satisfying - also noting that modern AAA's are...

Carmack and Rogan put their finger on why classic arena FPS gaming is so satisfying - also noting that modern AAA's are focus-grouped to death. In some respects its correct but is still a bit vague. In any case I think arena FPS aren't over yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbcq67tBjrc

Attached: arena FPS.png (116x64, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8IOvXPg_Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z883XAdUWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Arena shooters are autistic grinding. The """skill""" is just to point your mouse to the opponents' head.

Why do arena shooter fags keep on arguing why their genre is so good? They seem super butt hurt that their genre is dead, and they're on a mission to re-educate the masses or something.

How about you fags just accept that the genre was only popular because that was what was avaliable.

Attached: zoom zoom.png (191x141, 21K)

>genre is dead
Well, no, that's the point of this thread - it's not dead at all. Don't forget Doom Eternal is dropping soon. There's more to gaming than Twich.

I'm older than you.

>multiplayer arena shooter
>Doom

doom216 is as arena as it gets and eternal just picks up where it left off. 2016 was GOTY. It doesn't matter if 1 game or 20 is carrying the arena torch, the demand is there.

Thread is about multiplayer, retard.

Doom2016 has multiplayer and the exact same things apply there as were spoken about in OP video. So now please dilate and then kys.

Nice mental gymnastic, imbecile.

nobody plays doom 2016 multiplayer, retard

>source = my ass

Attached: 31 aug' 2019.webm (320x180, 2.85M)

God watching someone play FPS with a controller almost makes me nauseous.

Attached: madotsuki_puke.jpg (680x680, 110K)

I appreciate the smooth turning but am disgusting my noob like reflexes

I'm honestly not sure if this is Doom or Halo. The UAC logo isn't convincing me.

I mean it's by the same people who did halo 2 anniversary edition multi.

Doesnt make any difference, it's beside the point.

Arena shooters might be pretty much dead but honestly without matchmaking a large community really isn't necessary. I can hop onto Xonotic at almost any time of the day and have some fun with a few people and that game has like 60 people playing at the same time on a good day.
My only gripe with this is that no one plays more niche game modes like freeze tag.

Attached: 1564891907970.png (1920x1200, 2.25M)

counter strike and rainbow six aren't arena shooters

>go in with aimbot+wallhacks
>get repeatedly decimated and bullied by the opponent because he keeps ninja'ing more health/armor than I can damage him
youtube.com/watch?v=B8IOvXPg_Gk

i liked the arena era of q3 and ut99 but for me its rtcw multi.

arena shooters arent pixel hunts. you're thinking of counter strike

counter strike isn't that simplistic either, thanks to the objective and economy mechanics. I find CSGO deeply flawed and I never got good at 1.6 so I can't really comment on that. but the basic concept has incredible potential and a lot of that potential is realized in CSGO as well. it's a deep game, despite all its flaws.

>Zoomers don't have hand-eye coordination to use mice

its pretty simple: arena shooters provide instant feedback. that's literally all there is to making a competitive game fun. make it fast paced and make it so that your actions in game always align with your inputs. if you press jump you wanna jump immediately, if you press strafe left you want to immediately start moving left.

the simplicity in arena shooters is actually what makes them deep. its gameplay at the speed of thought.

>despite all its flaws.

many, many huge flaws. but yeah i've played a few thousand hours of CS, i know how it is. but as far as the shooting mechanics go its literally a pixel hunt. especially for the AWPers

>Video games are autistic grinding. The """skill""" is just looking at a screen and pressing buttons.

That boomer Rogan has had enough talks about video games, why does he still think every game is Quake? He saw the prize pool for this years Dota TI and thought that it was a prize pool for a Quake tournament.

>He saw the prize pool for this years Dota TI and thought that it was a prize pool for a Quake tournament.
kek really?

Look for the clip where him and Carmack are looking at the highest paid esports players where Carmack is explaining Mobas to Joe.

Carmack is a fucking retarded boomer that doesn't understand niches

>why does he still think every game is Quake?
i think quake was just the biggest thing in multiplayer when he played, and he quit after that while not keeping up with anything

Joe was addicted to Quake in particular.

>gameplay at the speed of thought.
good way of putting it

Tetris? First Person Shooters will always be too slow.

Keep in mind he's had his head bashed in many times and needs drugs to keep on going

we've reached a point in Yea Forums retardation that people are actually trying to argue FPS games arent skillful
yep, think I'm almost done with this place

>point and click
>skillful
Yeah, I've gotten so good at quake after training in pajama sam

>do you think you could incorporate DMT into your game design?

arena fpses are done, but lets not pretend arena fpses didn't have team deathmatch.
overwatch just took it a step further by hiding the k/d/a and giving everyone a free participation super.

Good post.

>make it fast paced and make it so that your actions in game always align with your inputs.
This can apply to any game, really. It's part of why a lot of older games "feel" good seemingly inexplicably; you press a button and an action happens instantly. No wind-up, no auto-combo, no Press X To Awesome QTE, just simple atomic inputs.

Attached: 1564190647337.png (1064x1727, 3.43M)

yikes

Tetris has speed, granted, but it doesn't have Speed, Violence & Momentum.

Attached: 15th june 2019.webm (320x180, 2.84M)

Please stop posting controller gameplay.

dilate snob

Good post user. Really had to rub those two brain cells together to put that 'snob' behind your standard reply, eh?

Attached: 1549733344495.jpg (1280x960, 62K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2Z883XAdUWQ

Attached: 135691286926.jpg (618x685, 72K)

You wish faggot

This shit looks fucking atrocious.

Attached: 1561815898222.jpg (656x750, 63K)

go where you belong. watching Twitch streamers playing Fortnite.

can you anons recommend good arena shooters? barely alive means still alive and playable

Xonotic

How his he wrong though? Nigs are better athetes than whites but are a lot less intelligent.

why is everyone tiny?

Aren't 100% of the top strongmen white?

Warfork just released and is probably the most active right now after Champions.

I believe that you can't do a AAA arena game now, like Carmacks said, the higher the budget the more mainstream it has to be (Quake Champions where it tried to bring heros).
There have been indie arena shooters, most feeling lacking since the studios are so small.
I'd rather have something like how Ubisoft did with Grow Home. Get a big studio to do a small game with low budget and working around that from the start to get to try out new concepts and shit, and maybe end up with some actual fresh ideas to arena shooters so that it doesn't feel like another Q3 clone. Maybe it will spark interest and after that then bring those ideas to a higher budget arena shooter.

s4 league

Yes.
Blacks do marginally better in track running while whites have swimming. Pretty sure the "blacks are better athletes" meme comes from them being the only ones dumb enough to get CTE playing American football.

Attached: c.jpg (800x450, 54K)

Have the game feature an extremely memey (but good) single player mode that attracts attention on top of the multiplayer element.

Boom, done.

>2019
>people need to be talked into how and why they should like things

Attached: 00.jpg (474x266, 19K)

There are a lot of retarded posts in this thread but I think this one takes the cake, great job.

Attached: WTF R UDOING.gif (500x281, 489K)

>Bald sportman bad because he don't like my feelings