When does it click? I feel like a retard

When does it click? I feel like a retard.

Attached: Switch_MonsterHunter-GenUltimate_box.png (300x486, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HMjlBag0uBY
youtu.be/mRSpaLObDL4
youtu.be/aCwapdxKV50
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It takes a bit. Once you start actually fighting monsters the game becomes fun.

Is it really armor/weapon dependent? I was trying to do the earliest single star rank monsters and getting fucking stomped.

It starts clicking once you realize that you can't just play it like any action game. Armor helps immensely until you learn to dodge or counter things.

As the other guy said it is more about patience and swinging whilst the monster is doing another attack and you're in a safe zone. You can't fly in there like Dante expecting to hitstun the monster to death.

Yeah lack of control is the hardest thing to adjust to right now. It feels like you have to commit 100% to attacks and there isn't a clean auto targeting like most games

Git gud at dodging

Play MHW instead.

Yea when you attack it's a choice you're making. You just need to pay more attention to the fight itself. It isn't mindless.

With GU specifically is there something I should be focusing on in the beginning of the game. Just these scavenging quests for now?

naw dude, just do all the monster quests and hit them with your big stick.
scavenging and egg quests are boring

Just go online with a ranged weapon and let your teammates take all the damage.

Committing to choices is what MH is all about, making decisions about when to dodge, heal, use other items, and when to attack.

You get better by learning your weapon and learning the monsters closely, the first few times you encounter a monster don't hesitate to just walk run around it for a bit and just watch the attacks it does to get a feel for when you can and can't make moves. Once it clicks MH is amazing, but if it doesn't click it just doesn't click. Give it your best shot but hey maybe it won't end up being the game for you in the end.

Attached: 1501178247933.png (960x362, 209K)

Even if the gathering quests are boring, you should do one or two to understand the map better. I highly recommend using a guide or the MHGU Database app because the randomness of the drops when gathering can be super frustrating.

focus on learning the weak points of the enemy you are fighting and trying to hit those and not get hit. This will lead you to learn and become familiar with your chosen weapon's moveset. Once you have this down you will eventually want to look into upgrading your weapon and armor. Eventually you will look into what skills armors can give you to make you even more effective. Rinse and repeat.

Fighting a monster ideally should be done because you need a drop from it to upgrade a piece of gear.

Attached: monhun.png (500x775, 557K)

Appreciate all the advice. Now I just need to narrow down what weapon I want to use.

When I started on MHF2 on my dingy PSP, I literally couldn't get past Khezu (3 star urgent quest) and would timeout or 3 KO every time. I contemplated just returning the disc to gamestop and quitting out many times, but eventually it just clicked. I understood the patterns, the kind of thinking required to make it through the onslaught of impossible bullshit, and progress. After that, there's no turning back.

Hope you're prepared. I'm thousands of hours in at this point and love every second.

I unironically recommend something slow like a hammer, on one hand it means you learn to time your attacks and to focus on weak spots, on the other it's a weapon which doesn't require a lot of armor skills early on to be viable.

Start with MHFU you absolute casual. Seriously. You disgust me.

Attached: 4166F86E-0A34-4F20-A255-EE4F4A0ED680.jpg (402x504, 34K)

It clicks when you turn it off and turn on your PS4 or PC and play World instead.

>when the Valor LS counter's timing finally clicks
Unf

Attached: vagabond-47553.jpg (800x1167, 149K)

The absolute state of console war contrarians.

>hammer
>slow
Nigga it's faster than fucking SA

you better savor that journey because that's a journey you only get to take once
and then of course, the obligatory video to help new hunters get into the mood
youtu.be/HMjlBag0uBY

How's the Hunting Horn solo? Seems like a hammer than requires a little more attention

Can't you hold the counter at the expense of a slow HP drain, though?

Focus more on evading and watching for openings after attacks if you are having trouble.
Consider trying out some of the other weapons, too. Maybe you are using something like GS that relies on knowing the monster's movements very well for good results.

I mentioned it being one of the slower weapon, not the slowest weapon. What's your point?

I never played HH, I'm too much of a brainlet to combine graceful combos to end up with notes I can actually play. It might be a little convoluted if you aren't yet used to the monsters themselves, but that's just my opinion.

It’s a fantastic feeling. I remember my first triumphant MH experience was the 4U demo on 3DS. Beat the Jaggi and Tetsu super easily, but Gore would time me out or kicked my ass. Beating him is what got me to buy the game.

No that's the valor sheathing

There's a very tiny parry window when drawing into the stance or attacking, I forgot which.
But you can basically turn the game into Metal Gear Revengence if you get the timing down.

Do what I did and use the gunlance, just because it sounded cool. Became my weapon for life in just a few hunts. Don't actually do it though, at least not as your first weapon.

I mean the spirit counter, not the general valor block. Some monsters like Narga and Glavenous are a pain in the ass until you manage to actually punish them with the counter rather than playing it safe. Then those same fights become the most tense and fun exchange of blows ever.

Attached: 1446324753967.gif (500x273, 1011K)

Ah, I see.

Try it out sometime and unleash your inner weeb user, it's fun.

Attached: Assassin.(Fate.stay.night).full.1024464.jpg (800x600, 210K)

Hammer is easily one of the fastest melee weapons though. I think the order goes like this:
1. DB
2. SnS
3. LS
4. Hammer
5. IG
6. CB
7. SA
8. HH
9. GS

Hammer faster than IG? I think this list has some serious flaws.

IG has fast movement speed but has a lot of moves with long animation and windup

Valor LS is some of the most fun I had and it goes against everything I've come to believe based on the past game's LS users in my rooms.

Attached: 1566079382694.jpg (578x599, 70K)

Took me a while to really get it. Once I did though it became crack, like when I first got Dark Souls. I did adept dual blades all the way to G rank, now I want to go back and try a slow weapon to relearn the game.

youtu.be/mRSpaLObDL4

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
SOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL
OOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD

it's a game where trial and error matters the most. You have to know what to use and when to use on whom. I'd suggest you train with every weapons first to find the one you click the most and then go farm armors steadily whenever you think the newest monster to fight is too strong. Once you got the rhytm I can assure you you will never leave this franchise. Good luck hunter user.

OP, you ARE a retard. You bought the game in the first place.

It would be much harder if all attacks / combos weren't just different combinations of X, A, R, X+A, R, R+X+A / moving + pressing X, A, R, X+A, R+X+A, etc. As such it's pretty easy to pick up (at least the melee weapons). The thing that takes more time is the footwork required to land hits where you want them to land in relation to where the monster is, or is going to be.

Hub quests are way harder especially with the shitty starting equipment they give you.

get the item starter starter packs from the download menu. you can sit on that until you unlock honey trading and get your mega potion economy going.

It clicked in 2007.
You're way too late to hte party for it to click. That version of MH is outdated and obsolete. Go play World like everybody else.
Only fascists and /pol/-tards are clining to the "good old times" of obsolete shit.

Look up key quests. Immensely speeds up village completion

Honestly I sank 100 hours into mhgu over the last month and that's huge; going through the key quests helps get you more armor and materials to upgrade.
But after 100hr I'm still only hr6, this has been my first mh ever and I fucking love it.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, user.

If it'll help, watch a Gaijin Hunter Weapon tutorial for your chosen weapon on youtube to get a feel for what your weapon does. It'll make it easier for you to time your attacks to the monster if you know what all you can do. Then go beat up some kangaroo dino motherfucker until it's dead.

Except for couple of crazy monsters, two maps, anime moves and easier difficulty (arts help out a lot, you can level up armor and swords, i literally went through g rank with high rank equipment and monsters just overall are easier, except for some high level deviants)

>play a lot of monster hunter since n2 on psp
>try dauntless with friends who never played monhunt as they don't wanna pay for the game
>beginning is easy and fun
>get to the later monsters
>they all complain about not being able to cancel every move and having to commit when you attack
>they all change to dual pistols and complain whenever they don't get a rank or higher

Why must I suffer so.

, it is skippable. I only bought it for switch cause i needed monster hunter dose on handheld, but i rather just play 4u, 3u or fu. Online in gu has less people that 4u, what the heck. And it's mostly chinks. 4u was elitist as fuck though, it doesn't happen here as much. I never was kicked out or whined for carting (i barely carted anyways, 4u was hard though)

Also, you get too much free goodies (which is not bad) and the courier cat that served as spotpass gimmick in 3ds version of generations is now just handing out free tickets to fight deviant monsters and free stuff

Post friendcodes.
4057 97293105

Attached: 1563571452347.jpg (1048x512, 147K)

I can't most mine at the moment, my name is Tahir.

youtu.be/aCwapdxKV50

Just what the fuck

after 3000 combined hours I still can only use half decently HBG and SnS, feels bad man

>Play World instead
But why

>Play world
Fuck No.

Are you ready?

Attached: IMG_20190903_073108.jpg (916x531, 169K)

it will be neutered like everything else has been

HOT RAJANG ORGAN

What walls did you hit, if any?