Yach Club games just announced Shovel Knight Dig. Looks like another shovel knight just with more shoveling

youtube.com/watch?v=tRGOF9d7yoU&feature=youtu.be
Yach Club games just announced Shovel Knight Dig. Looks like another shovel knight just with more shoveling.
yachtclubgames.com/2019/08/shovel-knight-dig/

Attached: skDig.png (1020x300, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79llXVDWbCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this why the king knight dlc was delayed for two years?

I want to fuck this smol knight.

Attached: mushroomKnight-630x915.png (630x915, 285K)

>Shovelware Knight mobile

>Procedural generation for levels
Into the trash.

why do people hate this?

Does this have any affiliation to Steamworld Dig? Looks a bit of a cross between that and Downwell.

meh
looks lame
Mr. Driller already exists

SJW shit, fuck off

Attached: zPrIetr.jpg (720x960, 114K)

because procedural generation is not a replacement for static, but well-designed levels, see 20XX

>he didn't follow the kickstarter
not my fault you're only now realizing

no it was delayed for shitty multiplayer mode and simultaneous release with physical media

Shovel Knight and the Spanish bastard tried to do everything at once and it turned the game into shit.

it's only procedural in the way that spelunky is procedural. they designed each possible screen you can go into and the game randomly selects from a pool of those screens and creates a level with those. That's how games like Spelunky and I think Binding of Issac work.

Its seen as lazy despite it offering an endless mode to games.

>"just announced"
If you're Slowbro maybe.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=79llXVDWbCQ

>just announced
here from kotaku i see

it looks like everything i wanted steamworld dig to be

>it’s only shit in the way that this other game is shit.

Eh. Seems like a mobile game with this gimmick. For fuck's sake they haven't even released all promised content for the original game.

I mean, it seems like a pretty good business strategy to me. Keep Shovel Knight in the public consciousness while working on the bigger projects by having third parties make spinoffs for you.

man that music reminds me of story of thor/beyond oasis

they announced that days ago. has way better artists and animators working on it than the main game.

also wow they removed comments on their made up pronouns shovel knight update because people were shitting on them. pussies.