steamcharts.com/app/583950#7d
steamcommunity.com/games/450390/announcements/detail/1589129608838466210
youtube.com/watch?v=1WKf7mDfeY8
steamcharts.com/app/17080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the genre fad is over in general

I never saw a new fad dying faster, amazing

Maybe you should stop chasing trends Valve

no seriously it is really a chink FOTM game, at least it isn't hitting rock bottom like Artifact did

Isn't this every game that isn't fueled by zoomer hype?

It was fueled by zoomer hype

>zoomers caring about dota
Doubt

And actually, scratch what I said. Most multiplayer games wish they had 35k players on average.
Come back when this is below 1000.

Is Autochess the Bowzette of ASSFAGGOTspawn?

>dota 2 updates
>dota 2 card game
>dota 2 documentary
>dota 2 chess game
can dota please die so valve can make something good

that's exactly what their entire system encourages so it's not going to stop

it still puts it as the 10th most played game on steam. Some of you fags think if a game doesn't have fortnite levels of players it must be dead

they only use dota because their writers did nothing but write lore about it to release new heroes, so they recycle all that shit for game concepts

>Youtubers/streamers will be paid to shill this game as hard as possible
Honestly the game only has players because its f2p. Its be as dead as Artifact if you were required to pay for it
>steamcharts.com/app/583950#7d
>44 current,115 24-hour peak
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1543323967262.png (554x554, 47K)

still got 3 months to go for that 1 mil tournament

Whatever became of that autochess that was exclusive to epic?

Hopefully this stupid "autochess" genre will die. The sooner the better.

Autochess is pretty stupid. Games like this are like those super popular flash games we had in the boomer era. Except these flash games didn't overstay their welcome like these things do.

do they even update their cs:go battle royale mode

valve really thought they could coast off the dota I.P. artifact failed and now underlords. fuck valve.

Attached: 1563701929391.webm (900x506, 2.87M)

40k is still enough to get Top 10 on Steam, for a free to play dice rolling game I wouldn't be complaining

This will never not be funny

Numbers look pretty solid. I don't know what OP is on about.

> Most multiplayer games wish they had 35k players on average.
Not F2P ones.

These shit games are pretty low effort in the first place so I can see why they just keep chugging along in the BETA.

The next big update is the end of the beta phase.

Top 10 lord here AMA

how do I get out of lieutenant

2007:
>buy mod rights and their creators
>release sequel to that mod
>people eat it up
2019:
>try to buy mod rights and their creators
>fail
>stop making games

Attached: 1483871002372.png (500x407, 298K)

They didnt get the mod rights beause the creators are chinks and would've been sent to a gulag or shot if they hadn't given ///tencent\\\ the rights to it

Why they fuck did they even think that. Nobody gives a fuck about the lore of dota2, not even dota2 players. Why the fuck did they think they could throw their boring-ass fantasy kitchen sink on things and THAT be the reason people would buy them?
It is fucking baffling. I honestly think artifact would have been better received it if was literally flavorless.

Dota 2 was a mistake

Valve is no longer a mark of quality.

They sold their souls to Dotards for a temporary gain

I wish everyone at Valve who ever worked on anything related to Dota fucking died on the spot so Valve would be forced to make Half-Life 3.

They specifically said its not worth the devs time to make a texture for a level the player sees for 5 seconds before moving on.

Fact: TF2 is the only good game Valve ever made.
Fact: Dota is the most cancerous game in existence.
Fact: Valve should just fucking die.

Only zoomers give a shit about dota. Boomers certainly don't give a shit about dota.

lmao based

I still play and enjoy Dota 2 to this day. Since my comfy wc3 days.

I might have tried it out of sheer curiosity if it wasn't tainted with dotashit.

Half life 2 and left 4 dead 2 is peak Valve
Team fortress cant compare to those two above

I will always take solace knowing that TF2 will always be more popular and culturally relevant than DotA ever will be. Get fucked dotards. Get fucked you worthless kissless virgin losers born of aids-riddled whore bitches.

Attached: TF2.jpg (1068x426, 167K)

sad but true

The player might only see the texture for 5 seconds, but the memory of the ambience and general "feeling" of the map will live on forever if it's done properly.

Attached: creak.jpg (1024x576, 225K)

underlords is a cool game

>Dota is the most cancerous game in existence
>when LoL and Fortnite exist

>paid to shill this game as hard as possible
I don't really see Valve bothering with that. That's part of their MO. They release stuff and then let the customer sort it out.

LoL didn't actively murder games unlike Dota, which actively murdered games like TF2, Half-Life, Portal and Left 4 Dead.

you realize that the big majority of Dota 2 devs were part of the Half-Life team right? Hell Mike Laidlaw was literally the writer for Dota 2.

The games only use the dota universe, they aren't related to dota. They'd still exist if dota wasn't a thing, they'd just use another universe.

Gabe does it for the waifus

Attached: 1566762215325.png (647x728, 707K)

Underlords is a zoomer game.

Valve literally only has boomer games at this point.

Keep telling that yourself if you feel better that way
>what is Steam
>what is CSGO
>what is Valve's internal structure

but Dota 2 is a great game, the thing is that you're a giant faggot who doesnt have a real taste.

All Gabe does at valve nowadays is play Dota. That's why Dota projects get off the ground while everything else gets stuck in development hell.

It always gets a laugh out of me when people say that Valve doesn't make HL3 because they just want to play it safe and do multiplayer shovelware instead, while ignoring the tremendous risks Valve has been taking in hardware development.

according to Gaben himself he mostly works on VR stuff with a couple of the boomers who he finds are "fucking fun to work with".

>TFT completely overwhelms league and becomes a mainstay
>League devs will no longer support other unique gamemodes or events and instead replace it with autochess

The worst thing to come of this, for fucks sake, events and limited game modes were some of the most fun in League, instead we get a shitty mobile game.

Attached: Hm.png (356x532, 113K)

When the fuck are we getting new info on their god damn three VR games?

They literally updated The Lab just a few days ago:
steamcommunity.com/games/450390/announcements/detail/1589129608838466210
youtube.com/watch?v=1WKf7mDfeY8

Theres no need for valve to work on new games when Dota2, lootboxes and the marketplace have been racking in a ridiculous amount of money which isnt slowing down.Especially now that they attempted to make a unique card game and it turned out to be utter crap.

They don't do things for financial motivations anymore dude. Valve is way past that. They can take risks and have shit loads of money to invest on passion projects. That's all they do. Problem is most of the projects get abandoned, but it's not because of financial motivation reasons. I wish they had kept working on that mmo though.

I like to imagine that most of his days are just hanging out with those boomers while calling it "work".

Are you idiots kidding me? Underlords is incredibly low maintenance, like the only real work they have to do is bringing VAs back for a quick recording in the studio.

It's a mobile game for fuck's sake. This ain't stealing resources or effort from Valve at all.

Hardware development is irrelevant to the development of software games. Nobody gives a shit about Valve's shitty autistic hardware.

Way to miss the point brainlet

The game is in beta and valve, with the biggest digital game store in the planet, hasnt promoted it at all. Why do you want another artifact user? Sperging like this will yield nothing.
If riot is smart they will realize making new exciting games is the way to go. But they are riot, a braindead company, so good luck with that.

Attached: bear.jpg (500x328, 44K)

Exactly this. Valve's problem isn't that they're lazy and aren't working on anything, it's that the projects aren't finished, or if they are, they're left in a very early stage as they move to something different.
The plus side is that they end up releasing a bunch of stuff with no strings attached, just not games unfortunately.

Nobody is missing any point here VaIvedrone. If you don't like the fact that people are rightfully calling out Valve on being lazy worthless pieces of shit, then fuck off from our thread.

Underlords need to die so that Valve is forced to focus on Half-Life instead of Dota.

How is hardware development lazy? Literally both the Vive and Oculus use tech valve made for them.

Valve only updates dota during the summer when people literally give them 100 million dollars to do so. The rest of the year it's nothing.

Why would they focus on half life instead of literally any of their other franchises which, baring ricochet, are more financially successful.
You’d see a focus on CS, Portal, left 4 dead, and even fucking tf2 before Half-Life.

>Valve's problem isn't that they're lazy and aren't working on anything
No they're extremely lazy. See TF2.

>ITT: Valve game I don't like needs to stop so I get Valve game I like
Get over yourself already, Valve does whatever the fuck they want with the money they get from Steam and everyone thinking that making their newer games fail will ensure that they'll work on previous franchises are delusional.

>hello darkness my old friend

Attached: 90 (2).jpg (760x374, 51K)

That’s more a lack of manpower than anything else, everyone’s working on the new VR game.

this is so fucking good, why is epic so soulfull compared to valve idk

If anything is eating dev time for Half Life it's the VR shit you retards. Underlords is low effort as fuck.

Valve doesnt work like that, you know that. It feels good that valve went back to its roots of perfecting a mod and its finally making a game that is fun. Let them do what they are best.

And hl3 is not happening. Do as I did and let go. You are only hurting yourself at this point.

The next (with possibly a second) Half-Life game is VR

i just want a left 4 dead 3

You have to remember how they're structured. Going by some recent interview they had, the basic idea is that people are "assigned" to a main project but then they're constantly called to help out on other projects. For Jungle Inferno for example, a lot of the art was done by people whose main team is CSGO. But the TF2 needed help so they called them in.

If Half Life ever comes back, it's not going to be out of necessity, it's going to be because they want to. Gaben doesn't have some final version of HL3 encased in glass with a sign saying "In case of financial emergency, release HL3"
Even if Dota2 started to fail, they'd sooner focus on CSGO or trying to move the fortnite player base into TF2.

>That’s more a lack of manpower than anything else
No it fucking isn't there are bugs that the community have identified and figured out how to fix and it still takes the tf team years to implement them if they do at all, on top of that we're still stuck with the default fucking settings from 2007 and locked settings in comp both of which could be easily updated by one guy in less than 30 minutes. Weapon balance changes are just as easy too because of the item attributes system in place. I have zero coding experience but I could rebalance all the weapons myself in less than a day and I actually did just that at one point for a silly mod server years ago. We have several fully completed highly polished and bugtested community MVM tours with all sorts of interesting new enemy mechanics and maps with new contracts to boot that valve could add to the game but won't.

THEYRE
FUCKING
LAZY

It's almost as if the TF2 team is 1-2 guys who keep the servers running and add a new lootbox twice a year.

Attached: 1482065796520.jpg (700x606, 102K)

1-2 people would do more than the TF team is doing now if they actually gave a shit about the game. Every single person on the TF team should be fired.

Fuck Dota 2.

Damn this autochess meme came and went pretty fast, huh?

I haven't heard anyone talk about it in a month.

Attached: 1440367131062.jpg (212x251, 9K)

TFT is still pretty big but they're mostly just secluded themselves into their own LoL circle.

I wonder if Epic regrets getting the OG devs for the EGS.

It's because the modders went to epic games instead of valve. Otherwise a standalone version with lootboxes would be out already and you'd see thread upon thread here.

Remember when Valve used to create trends rather than follow them?
I don't want to sound like a boomer or some guy who's convienced he's an oldfag... but seriously, it hurts to see how the once mighty are now no better than troglodytes gnawing on a bare bone, convinced there's still something to eat on it.

Attached: tumblr_loal57yTbj1qbnd1c.gif (500x275, 448K)

>I wonder if Epic regrets getting the OG devs for the EGS.
I doubt they ever will. Now they cut Valve off from making a new game, ruining their reputation as a "dev" some more.

Sorry my dudes but this game cost literally nothing to make, and even if it did Steam would cover it, i know you are waiting on some kind of Steam holocaust so you can feel better but that isnt gonna happen, we're gonna be here with our 1k+ libraries until the end of time and you guys can just keep seething i guess.

Attached: shhdoyourhearit.jpg (280x210, 11K)

This game isn't only on Steam, but look at this.
steamcharts.com/app/17080
RIP

Valve needs to die.

there's only like 10 heroes in the game right now it's basically a demo

>unironically admitting to playing Underlords
Get lost, zoomerscum.

reminder that TF2 killed singleplayer games at valve

money drives development and idiots gave (and continue to give) valve a LOT of money for hats

valve has mostly just been shrewd at acquiring things that were independently innovative (Team fortress, counter strike, L4d, portal etc.)

Really the only thing you can attribute solely to them is HL.

Anyone playing this on their phone? i hate their new training dummy fucked my assassin comp

VALVE has been shit for ages they have not even been able to produce a flagship title for their source engine 2

>reminder that TF2 killed singleplayer games at valve
Literally never happened. It's Dota 2 that murdered Valve's singleplayer games.

>source 2

guaranteed pile of shit compared to basically everything on the market right now too.

It's a good time waster. Waiting for turbo mode.

I don't read any patchnote what is turbo mode ?

If Valve was smart, instead of making stupid League of Legends bullshit clones, they would make the next Fortnite, using the Team Fortress brand.

Make the next great BR, with some kind of genius new spin on it.

Take all of Epic's child audience and kill their main source of income.

No more exclusive for Timmy the cuck then.

>killed physical distribution
>did such bad business the government needed to step in
>lied about episode 3 repeatedly then canned it
>got rid of everyone significant that gave HL2 SOUL
>fired a dota 2 artist responsible for the best character designs for asking for a raise only to hire shitty third world freelancers instead going forward
>ruined tf2 with adding hats
>made dota 2 about hats after saying they wouldn't
>made non-lore related hats for dota 2 after saying lore is important to them (lmao)
>added hats to cs go as well because why the hell not
>tried to ruin TES by adding fucking paid mods to steam
>constantly change item rarity and trading rules to fuck with traders
>flooded the steam store with absolute garbage people shouldn't even play for free
>turned a whole generation of males into housewife tier consumerists buying trash
>added gimmicks like badges and levels to get idiots to buy meaningless shit
>in general, they turned their entire attention into making cash passively from market sales
>tried to make artifact into a game that quite literally revolved around market sails
>'long haul'
>failed to capitalize on autochess, only to get outdone by riot yet again, another failure
>gaben only plays dota 2 all day, and the international is the only relevant thing to him (sold it to china recently)
>company is a mess and people just do what they want whenever they want, like letting trannies ban games and shit up tf2
>didn't celebrate half life's release last year, refused to appear in documentaries and videos about it
>probably won't ever make a real game ever again
>every tech project so far has been a failure, and controller and VR are going the way of the steam machine

Attached: chinkiysteami.jpg (1279x679, 62K)

It's basically just something that rebalances the game to make it 20-25 minutes faster.

Fuck Gabe Newell, I hope he gets cancer.

>they would make the next Fortnite
>Take all of Epic's child audience and kill their main source of income.
>No more exclusive for Timmy the cuck the
imagine coping and being sub80iq like a redditor, epic is much bigger than valve and tim is a much better developer than gayben, now cope more and buy some games on steam, before it dies like source :)

Wow, so this is the power of trendchasing? Looks like cancelling half life 3, l4d3, and tf3 was worth it

Stop dooming my dude, your knowledge of the situation is lacking, Valve allegedly has a couple games in the oven right now and Underlords cost literally nothing and took 2 weeks to make.
And they dont even need those games to sell either, if you think they would be in danger anytime soon you fell for the memes.

This is peak Source 2 btw LUL

>valve

>making games

lol

>performs a fatality on gabe newell, tearing him in half as he screams in agony, his obese organs littering the floor like balloons
Nothing personal, you obese piece of shit.

Attached: based tim sweeney.jpg (623x623, 44K)

Source 2 is a complete utter joke the only reason they have not ditched it is because UNREAL Engine would be the best choice but a complete utter PR disaster embarrassment

what went wrong guys

Attached: whatwentright.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

holy based

>Valve allegedly has a couple games in the oven right now

Soon to be a couple of games cancelled, then they release another trendchaser that is dead on arrival like their most recent projects. I don't really have faith in these guys anymore, they haven't done shit asides from dota and csgo in almost a decade.

Underlords isn't a bad game, just not really the type to invest alot of hours into compared to valve's other stuff.

didn't buy it, someone on a discord was giving away a beta key and i was the first to get it

TF2 hasn't aged well compared to Dota but is definitely more fun if you don't mind playing with some form of autism. Valve has only themselves to blame for stopping game production for so long in order to pursue hardware ventures. We still have no L4D3, no portal 3, no episode 3 or whatever is going on with HL, they just stopped making games so people stopped seeing them as a developer. Now they're out of touch and playing trend up with the rest of the industry while China is trying to buy their bread and butter out from underneath Valve.

>Full game conversion modding communities are pretty much dead nowadays
>VALVE loses ideas to ripoff from
VALVE was shit for ages

>buy
It's free mate.

>The game about RNG "chess" game with microtransactions that somehow has less interaction involved than actual chess is losing people fast, probably becuse it's based around RNG, Microtransactions and has less interaction than actual chess.

Attached: GASP.png (1731x1506, 458K)

>noooo why doesn't this company pander to me exclusively

Fuck off vaIvedrone.

Seriously speaking though how many here genuinely still care about HL3? Honestly even if it would be released I have passed the point where I stopped caring about it ages ago.

i need to sleep

Attached: 1567279621182.png (171x175, 52K)

>nooo work for me
why should they

I only care about HL3 as it being a tech and source 2 demo. If valve still has any good ideas left they'll showcase them in it.

If HL3 isn't a full VR experience where they go autistic on the potentials of the tech then fuck it. Don't even fucking bother.

I cant find league autochess data. Do ppl still play that shit?

Do dota players even care about dota's backstory

These numbers are decent, they are pretty much Team Fortress 2 numbers. I imagine it'll stabilize at 15k to 20k, ok enough to keep the game afloat.

Attached: 3.png (724x608, 123K)

>killed physical distribution
It was killing the industry my man.
>did such bad business the government needed to step in
What the fuck are you talking about
>lied about episode 3 repeatedly then canned it
They never even confirmed it, everyone knows this, are you retarded?
>got rid of everyone significant that gave HL2 SOUL
Everyone seems kinda of a stretch
>fired a dota 2 artist responsible for the best character designs for asking for a raise only to hire shitty third world freelancers instead going forward
Elaborate please
>ruined tf2 with adding hats
Questionable, sounds like you're regurgitating, specially considering the game is alive today.
>made dota 2 about hats after saying they wouldn't
But they didnt
>made non-lore related hats for dota 2 after saying lore is important to them (lmao)
They never said every hat would follow any lore, in fact they couldnt possible do this while having independent artists.
>added hats to cs go as well because why the hell not
Not sure we can call weapons skins 'hats'
>tried to ruin TES by adding fucking paid mods to steam
Everyone know this was pushed by Beth my man, in fact if think they have those right the fuck now on their store.
>constantly change item rarity and trading rules to fuck with traders
I thought hats were bad
>flooded the steam store with absolute garbage people shouldn't even play for free
We're still to see someone affected by this, if you're not intentionally looking for shit the store algorithm will almost never show you shit. And there's even stuff it wont show you no matter what.
>turned a whole generation of males into housewife tier consumerists buying trash
oof my dude, kinda scraping that barrel too hard there.
>added gimmicks like badges and levels to get idiots to buy meaningless shit
High steam levels actually get you random discount coupons, Valve always tries to give something back for people who actually invest time/money into their stuff.

Because I am part of the most important consumerbase, the half-life fans. Dotards are completely unimportant and pandering to them is like pandering to metroid fans, f-zero fans or unreal fans.

>stealing ideas are not working anymore
kinda feel bad for valve... wait, not really

No. I've never met anybody who gives a single fuck about dota lore.

>L4D3 never ever because the people behind it cancelled it back in 2017 over engine disputes and moved on to make Back 4 blood
>MvM isn't important to the TF2 team like TF2 isn't important to vavle and would rather have their base sit in eternal anticipation for an update
>Still nothing about HL3 besides episidle 3
>Still nothing about Portal
>They care about VR, microtransactions and quick-buck games more than their older works

I WANT TO BELIEVE THEY CAN RECOVER FROM THIS HELL THEY AREN'T EVEN TRYING

Attached: 1565898658022.jpg (600x315, 16K)

TF2 has kept a similar player base since 2012 when the charts begin.

But they demographics have changed a lot.
Its now only 20% english speakers.

Reminder that Valve is singlehandedly responsible for Bethesda making paid mods a thing. Fuck Valve.

wow i wonder if they'll actually start trying to make a decent fucking game for once

i secretly suspect that valve is making hl3 for the index, just so it can be innovative in the same sense half life 2 was.

Does VALVE still even have experienced developers, I wouldn't be surprised if all they have is a bunch of pajeet and Chinese freelancers

Reminder that bethesda is responsible forthe hat based economy in TF2. Fuck bethesda.

I'm sure Half-Life 3 is going to be a mobile game

Why do people still defend Valve when they haven't made a decent game in over a decade?

They don't. The only thing populating Valve are worthless lazy idiots who just hangs around the snackbar while doing nothing useful whatsoever.

Perhaps because the criticism that individual made are invalid?

Criticism targeting Valve are never invalid you worthless drone.

Then said employees take 20% of their wage and pay some Pajeet or Chink to do the job they should have been doing,
Pretty comfy scam though

>valve owes me because i bought their game 15 years ago
lel

>TF2 hasn't aged well compared to Dota
I disagree. The only part about TF2 that aged has more to do with their basic interface and the fact that they don't hold your hand on how to actually play the game. Their tutorial for example is about as basic as "wasd to walk, wm1 to shoot, go get them tiger"

The only experienced workers they have is the ones thinking about how squeeze more money from games without doing anything themselves.

are /dug/ still doomposting that shit is hilarious

I do. I'm not a diehard HL fan but I like the characters and the world. I'd be more willing to accept the cliffhanger in Episode 1 with the "prepare for unforeseen consequences" but the end of Episode 2 is gut-wrenching. To stop there is pretty fucked.

Doesn't change the fact that they used to be about innovation more than shameless trend chasing.

Also a lot of trends they started are things they came up with after the acquisitions. Portal didn't have the quirky puzzle game tone that became a big trend until after Valve acquired it, likewise TF2 didn't originally have the character-driven cartoon tone that eventually became a big trend either.

>defending valve lootboxes
K fucking y es

I still feel like something was stolen from me. At least the story got leaked a while ago so we finally have closure

>about innovation more than shameless trend chasing.
>that eventually became a big trend either.

You retarded son?

>Doesn't change the fact that they used to be about innovation more than shameless trend chasing
Valve literally started the new VR trend.

Hi Tim. Epic store sucks chink penis. Literally. How does being Tencents fuck toy feel?

Valve is one of the top video game developers in the world. Epic ACCIDENTALLY made a popular game by stealing a game concept from PUBG.

Valve is literally one game away from destroying Epic for good.

Epics store will never surpass Steam. Steam has too much market share and is going to beat them in the chink market.